JUMP STREET'S JUNE BRIDE???

By Cowboy0928

I am just a big fan of the tv show. I don't own any rights to it. This is a story about two police officers... More

CHAPTER 1: SYDNEY'S BAD NIGHT
CHAPTER 2: TOM HANSON
CHAPTER 3: BAD FIRST IMPRESSIONS
CHAPTER 4: THE MORNING AFTER
CHAPTER 5: HEARTFELT APOLOGY
CHAPTER 6: GIRL TALK
CHAPTER 7: MATCHMAKER JUDY AND TRUCE
CHAPTER 9: HOW CAN I FIX THIS
CHAPTER 10: FRIENDS?
CHAPTER 11: YOU WOULDN'T WANT TO DO ME A FAVOR WOULD YOU?
CHAPTER 12: ALL NIGHT STAKE OUT
CHAPTER 13: BAD DAY
CHAPTER 14: OFFERING COMFORT
CHAPTER 15: YOU GOT A DATE
CHAPTER: 16 COUNT ON ME
CHAPTER 17: REVENGE
CHAPTER 18: PRE WEDDING-BLUES
CHAPTER 19: WEDDING ARRIVAL
CHAPTER 20: WEDDING BOMBSHELL
CHAPTER 21: WE'RE ENGAGED
CHAPTER 22: DARK DAY AND FLASHBACKS
CHAPTER 23: THREATS AND TORTURE
CHAPTER 24: WE ARE NOT ENGAGED
CHAPTER 25: IN THE MIDNIGHT HOUR
CHAPTER 26: TOM'S BEGGING
CHAPTER 27: JEALOUSY
CHAPTER 28: MEETING THE FAMILY
CHAPTER 29: PARTY CRASHERS
CHAPTER 30: RETALIATION
CHAPTER 31: TOM'S FEELS THE HEAT
CHAPTER 32: DIAMONDS AND DREAMS
CHAPTER 33: SWIM PARTY FOR TWO
CHAPTER 34: TEASING AND EMBARRASSING STORIES
CHAPTER 35: FIREWORKS GOOD AND BAD
CHAPTER 36: FACING THE DAMAGE DONE
CHAPTER 37: BABIES AND DREAMS
CHAPTER 38: BULLIES AND THE BOXER
CHAPTER 39: THE BAD BOY AND THE KNIFE
CHAPTER 40: DOUBLE DATES
CHAPTER 41: FIRE STARTER AND CLOSE CALLS
CHAPTER 42: PROM AND HERO IN A TUX
CHAPTER 43: THE WAITING GAME
CHAPTER 44: A HERO'S REWARD
CHAPTER 45: SURPRISES
CHAPTER 46: WEDDING DRESS DISASTER
CHAPTER 47: TOM'S CHOICE
CHAPTER 48: ROB'S REVENGE
CHAPTER 49: BLINDSIDED
CHAPTER 50: WHAT DID YOU DO?
CHAPTER 51: OVERWHELMED
CHAPTER 52: WEDDING EVE
CHAPTER 53: WEDDING DAY
CHAPTER 54: THE TRUTH COMES OUT
CHAPTER 55: REST OF MY LIFE
CHAPTER 56: OUR LIFE
CHAPTER 57: THE CAPTAIN'S WIFE
CHAPTER 58: LAST CHAPTER: MY MARIA

CHAPTER 8: TOM IS F***ED

51 0 0
By Cowboy0928

Tom's point of view.

This is another long night. I have got to try and calm down. I mean having this girl in my car, for a 40-minute drive, when I know that she'd rather be anywhere else. How am I just going to keep my cool.  Being on this case with her, I'm relieved Penhall will be there. I'm anxious, excited to see her on this case. I mean of course to see her, but also see how she does. How she handles herself. I just have to keep it together, and not let Penhall see that I am catching feelings for Sydney.

Sydney's point of view.

Another long sleepless night.  I don't even know what is upsetting me more. As excited as I am to start my case, I'm a bundle of nerves. I mean not just first case nerves. But I don't want to do anything to mess this case up. Because not just this is my last chance, but because of Tom. I mean he says that he let it go, that he doesn't hold a grudge. I think I believe him. No I do believe him, because Judy what she told me about him. I mean how sweet and protective he was to her. How he really helped her. Was there for her. I mean sleeping on the couch so she would be safe. Feel safe.   Hearing that changed my mind on him. He is a good guy. A good guy who thinks I'm ugly and look like a 12-year-old, but. Like I said, it's better this way I mean that way I won't have to worry about him asking me out and catching feelings for him. Feelings that I can't act on. 

I'm dreading this wedding. I've had nightmares about it.  I mean I hate that I look like a complete fool. That everyone there is going to be laughing at me behind my back, yet to my face offering sympathy and pretending like they care.  At least I will have a date.  I mean Ben is a good-looking guy.  he's a trainer at the gym. I'm grateful I won't be alone.

Rob upset me coming here. He upsets me thinking that he is irreplaceable. Just because I'm done with men and dating, it's not because there are not hotter guys out there, or that Rob can't be replaced. It's because I am not going to trust another man and let them make a fool of me.

Also, my mind is replaying since Thursday night every interaction I've had with Tom.  I mean his cruel words. Seeing him with those girls. Seeing him at work and how angry he was. Then our talk today.

I set my alarm for 5.  I usually wake up around that time, but I want to make sure I'm up, showered, and eat breakfast, and ready to go outside an wait for Tom. I figure since I heard he is always early, I'll go outside 6:45.  That way if he comes early. Even if he doesn't. I just don't want him to get here then have to wait. I don't want to upset him, make him mad. I don't want him yelling at me.

Tom's point of view.

I feel like shit.  I was so on edge about all of this. I mean I relived every interaction I had with Sydney since Thursday night. Her cruel words. Her anger.  Her hitting me. The way she made me feel. How I couldn't hook up. How I felt guilty like I was cheating on her.  Being honest, that still scares the hell out of me, freaks me out. I mean that girl kissed me, and it was like I saw Sydney's face. Like she is haunting me. Why, I mean I didn't even know this girl. Why would I feel like that. I've never felt like that before. I can't be falling for her. I just can't. She has made it clear I have no shot with her. And she has a man. I saw him all over her. Making me sick. I mean here she has a man she is sleeping with every night, and yet I feel guilty for letting a girl kiss me. What in the hell is happening to me.  I am on edge about having her in my car. If she knew what I wanted to do to her, kiss her. How she is making my body react to her.  What her perfume and hair is doing to me. A 40-minute drive in the car, trapped with her, when she makes my skin feel like it's on fire. I mean I'm burning up when I'm around her. My heart racing. Sick to my stomach. How will I survive the car ride, let alone all day with her.

I needed to unwind. So, I had a few beers. To try and help take the edge off and help me sleep.

That wasn't a good idea. I mean I haven't hardly slept since Thursday. Briefly for maybe an hour each night. And I woke up with a killer headache, not to mention feeling sick to my stomach. And late.  I always get up at 5. Do a little work out. Lift weights. Eat my breakfast. Go over all my plans for the day. Unwind have coffee before I head off to work. Showing up to work 15 minutes early.

Damn I'm late. I'm going to be late. Shit, I'm never late. Penhall is always late. If he gets to the school before me, then I will have to have him bugging me about it, what is with you, you have acted strange since Friday.  I don't even have time to take a shower.  I grab my coffee and jump in the car and head off to the school. I have to make it there before Penhall. I'll never hear the end of it if I get there after Doug. Can't happen.

Sydney's point of view:

I wake up at 4 30.  Filled with nerves, but also excitement. I really think I will love my job. I mean ever since what happened to me when I was 10 and kidnapped at the mall, and saved by an undercover cop. I just have wanted to be a cop, to help kids  mainly, help victims.  My old unit was such a terrible place to be in, and I started to give up, but now I do think I have find the perfect unit, I mean this unit they try and help kids before they turn into violent criminals. They not only help keep the community safe, but they even help these kids. Get them help in a juvenile facility.   I wish things would be better with Hanson. I wish he didn't hate me. But it's fine. I believe we have called a truce. I won't attack him, and he won't attack me. I doubt we will ever be friends. But I do think that maybe I could be friends with the other guys.  I hope so at least.

I took a shower, made a light breakfast, put on some denim jeans, with holes in the knees.  A black belt.  A tee shirt.  I did my makeup. Fixed my hair. Several different ways and then decided to wear it down.  It's raining.  I don't really like the rain. I mean I hate storms. But I don't mind the rain if I'm inside. But if I have to be outside, I really hate it. Because my hair gets wet, and when my hair is wet, it gets frizzy, and out of control.  I like wearing my hair just straight.

It's not raining bad though.  I looked at the clock.  Well I should go outside and wait for Tom. I don't want to make him mad on our first day, first case together. 

Ok it's starting to pour now. I think about going inside and waiting for him, but if I do that, and then he comes, or if I don't  see him. He should be here any minute. I mean it's 6 58.

Tom doesn't come.  I look at my phone. To check the time.  Ok maybe my time is messed up on my phone.  I mean it's 7 05.  Tom is always punctual. Never been late I hear.

It is now 7 15.  I wish I had his number. I hope nothing happened. That he didn't have a wreck.  Well I'm soaked.  Even though I wore a light jacket it's soaked.

There is a big lightning strike. Roar of thunder. The strike hit close to where I was standing. Scared me making me jump and when I jumped back I tripped and fell.  Great, now not only soaked but muddy.

I get my phone.  It's 7 30.  I'm panicking now.  What do I do? I mean he said it was a 40-minute drive. He said school starts at 8. Oh God we are going to be late. I mean at least it will not just be me late on my first case. And I really do hope that he's ok. That he didn't have a wreck or something.  I am really being selfish though. I'm trying not to. I mean maybe he is hurt. It doesn't matter if we are late to school. It only matters if he is ok. That's what is important.

It's 7 45.  I don't know what to do. Maybe call and report possible accident. I can't do that. I wish I would have put phone numbers in my phone. But I didn't.

It's 8.  I'm really panicking now. I mean he has to be hurt. What if he's unconscious on the side of the road.  Wrecked, and it will be my fault, because he was on his way to pick me up.

Tom's point of view.

I get to school and am relieved that I get there before Doug.  Barely before him. I no more than park and get out of the car, and then there he is.  He said, "hey Hanson" I said, "Hey Penhall. Some rain huh. I see you took Dorothy's car."  Doug said, "yeah I decided I didn't want to try to do my bike."  Doug said, "Hanson I guess we should wait outside for Sydney."

Shit. What did he just say.  I stare at him in horror.  Doug said, "Hanson are you sure you're ok. I mean you look like you are going to pass out."

I said, "oh my God. How could I do this. Oh my God. I am dead. I am screwed. Oh my God."

Doug said, "What, what's wrong" Tom said, "Sydney" Doug said, "What about her, are you willing to admit that she's the girl from Thursday night the girl you can't get out of your head. The girl who kept you from wanting to hook up."  I said, "Penhall fine, you're right. I don't have time for that. God what am I going to do."

Doug said, "What is wrong"   I said, "Sydney, I forgot her. I was supposed oh God."  Doug said, "what do you mean you forgot her."  I said, "Doug I F----- forgot to pick her up. I was supposed to go over and pick her up. How could I do this. I mean I didn't I haven't slept since Wednesday night. I had some beers, I fell asleep, and I overslept. Oh my God."

Doug is laughing.  he said, "This girl is really doing a number on you" I said, "yeah she is. But don't razz me about her ok. Not now."  Doug said, "ok well calm down. Why were you supposed to pick her up" I said, "Her car is unavailable. Her dad is out of town she can't borrow his. She was thinking she would have to take a taxi, but I figured since we were both headed here, I'd offer. She didn't want to accept but she finally agreed."  Doug said, "well calm down. Hanson You said that she was going to take a taxi, so I'm sure that is what she will do. I mean she will be upset, but if you just try and explain. I'll help you out."

I said, "you're right. I mean I'm sure she's on the way. I'm sure she got a taxi.".  I am  freaking out. We went ahead and went in at 8.  *I said, "she's probably inside right. I mean probably she got here early and went in."  Doug said, "right."

When we got inside and looked around for her.  Doug said, "Dammit Hanson, I think we should have both got her number. This is a huge high school. We've been here before, but she hasn't. She could be wandering the halls not sure how to find us.

I said, "If I wouldn't have F----- up. I mean she agreed to call a truce, she apologized for everything, and now oh God."

Sydney's point of view:

It's 8: 30.  The rain has stopped. Now it's really hot, and I'm drenched. I'm worried about Tom. I called the hospitals, and asked if any victims of car crashes were brought in. No.

My phone rings. It's Adam.  Thank God. Maybe he's heard something about Tommy. I hope he's ok.

I said, "hello" Adam said, "Sydney" I said," yes Adam" I started to ask about Tom, but before I could say anything.  He said, "um are you hurt?"  I said, "No sir" He said, "Where are you?"  I said, "At home."  He said, "I see. So is there a reason that you decided to skip your first day, your first case and blow off school."   He sounds mad.

I said, "no sir. I" He said, "you want to explain why the school called me and let me know that you did not report. Hanson and Penhall are there and checked in, but you are not."

I said, "What did you say?" He said, "Sydney I am in an important meeting with the higher ups and the mayor. A big meeting. And I get called on my cell phone which is a big no to have happen, and I can't ignore the call because it's the school, reporting to me that my officer who I arranged to start a case is not there, she did not check in."

I said, "yes sir. Did you say Hanson is there."  He said, "yes and Penhall. They are right where they should be."  I said, "I'm sorry sir. I can explain"  He said, "I don't have time for that, now I guess I need to make myself clear. While I said that you had the job without an interview, I expected for you to take it serious."  He is ripping me for being late, wasting his time.  He tells me to get to class.

I apologize and say yes sir.  I hang up.  I cry. I feel like such a fool.  I trusted him. I knew better. I should not have trusted him. I mean he told me he thought I was ugly. He told me I was disgusting to him. But I believed him when he said he would let it go.  Dammit. I let another man make a fool of me. And I mean this time is even worse. Because all i have is my job. And now I'm on my last chance as a cop, and now I'm probably going to get fired. Written up. It's my fault for trusting him. I actually thought he was serious that he was going to pick me up.  Here I sit worried about him, thinking he had a wreck is hurt, and he is not only at school, but probably laughing his head off.

I sit and cry. I look horrible. My hair is matted from the rain. My clothes are drenched and muddy. I'm going to have to go like this. I have to get to class. I guess I'm going to have to call a cab.

I call a cab and they say because of the big storm they are backed up. May be an hour.  I beg them please not an hour. I'm late. I really have to get there. It's my first day.  They tell me I should have called earlier.

I am in tears.  Ben came over.  He said, "Hey you ok"  I said, "no"  I break down crying.  Ben hugs me.  He said, "what's wrong"

I am blubbering through tears. and rambling. I'm not sure if he got it all.  He said, "I can give you a ride"  I said,"Thank you. I guess it's 40 minutes away."   He asks for the address. Then we leave.

Tom's point of view.

God I can't believe I could F--- up this much. She is going to kill me. She is going to hate me. She's not here. I don't know what to do. I wish I had her number. I don't know whether to leave school and try and find her.  I don't know if she's here and looking for the classes. I figured she would take a cab, but where is she.

Sydney's view:

Ben gets me there as quickly as he can.  I thank him again. He tells me that this cop partner of mine deserves his ass kicked. He is volunteering if I want him to. He tells me to call him when I need a ride home. He will pick me up. I tell him thanks but that's not necessary. I get out.

I pretty much cried the whole way here.  Not just because I am hurt. But just because I trusted him and he made a fool of me. To get me in trouble I guess this was his payback. I'm probably getting fired. I was excited about my job.   I go in and I know how pitiful I look.  Lots of students walking in the hall laugh at me.

A teacher asks me if they can help me. I say I'm looking for the office. I go to the office. To report in.  I get a stern look about how I'm late and I make my department look bad, and my boss look bad, and if that's how little I care about my job. I don't even bother to try and explain.  She gives me directions how to get to my class to join my partners.

I walk in and all eyes on me.  I wish I were dead.  I mean I look like a drowned rat. My hair, my clothes. Everyone is staring. I hear whispers and laughs and jokes.

I apologize for being late as the class already started and the teacher asked why I was late.

He tells me to find a seat.  I look for an open seat. I haven't even made eye contact with Tom. Or Doug. Don't even know if they are in this class.

I find the open seat. And sit down, that's when I see who is sitting beside me.  Hanson.

Tom said, "um hey sis"  I glare at him.  How dare he speak to me.  It takes everything in me to not cry. Because tears are forming. I've cried enough over this man. I'm not going to let him see me cry. It's my fault for being so stupid to trust him.  

Doug said, "Hey little sister."  I look at Doug.  I try and give him a smile.  My whole body is shaking. I am so mad. So furious. I am burning up. I almost feel like I could pass out. I'm so mad.

I sit down.  Everyone is staring at me.  And I hear remarks from some of the girls. Tears go away please go away. I can't cry in front of Hanson.  I slink back in my chair. I wish I was dead.

Class is over.  Tom said, "Sydney I am so sorry."  I said, "Right  sure you are."  I burst out into tears and run out of the class room. Almost hitting the kids that were coming in.  I hurry and find the girls restroom.  And find a stall, and then sit there and cry.

Doug said, "Oh Hanson you are a dead man. It has been nice knowing you."

Tom's point of view

Dammit. Why didn't she take a taxi.  I feel sick. I've never felt this sick in my life, except at my dad's funeral. And what I saw after.  She is soaked.  Her beautiful hair all matted.  Her clothes muddy and wet. How could I do this. How will I fix this?

I said, "Penhall why  didn't she take a taxi"  

I tell Doug to go on to class.  I will wait for her outside the restroom.  She has to come out.

Sydney's point of view

I hide in the stall, until I hear all of the girls leave, the chatter stops and then I get on the floor and look for feet, and it's clear everyone is gone.

I think that I'm just going to quit.  I don't want to work at Jump Street with Hanson if this is how cruel he is to me.  To call me ugly fine I know that. But to try and get me fired and in trouble. When I apologized for hitting him. I'm done. I'm going to probably be fired anyway. I mean to be late like this, and have Adam be bothered at his big meeting. Making him look bad. It's my fault for trusting Tom. I'm done.

I can't sit here the rest of the day, sopping wet.    Watching everyone laugh at me, make jokes about me. Even if that is my life now, I can't do it here, with all these students, high school kids. I'm quitting. I'm just going to call a taxi and wait outside and then go on home. I just want to take a hot bath, and try and fix my hair, and change into my pajamas and crawl in bed and never get out of bed. 

I open the door and almost hit Tom with it. I didn't know he was standing there. I see him.

I hurry by him.  He said, "Sydney wait. Please wait."  I keep on walking.  He said, "Sydney um class is this way"

I said, "you will be happy to know you won."  He said, "What."  I said, "you won. Your bullying and your stunt today. You win ok Hanson. I quit. You got what you wanted."  He said, "no please Sydney don't quit. I don't want you to quit"

Tom's view

Dammit she won't even look at me.  She is running  from me. I tell her that class is this way, and she tells me I won. I'm not sure what she means I ask her what.  She tells me I won, she's quitting, then she runs by me. God I don't want her to quit

Sydney's view:

I hate that I am crying in front of him.  He is following me. Yelling my name. Asking me to please stop. Please listen. I turn around.  

He said, "Sydney I am so sorry."  I said, "Stop the bull shit. Stop the lies. Why don't you just be a man and own it Hanson. Just admit it. Because you and I both know that you set me up today."

Tom said, "Sydney no I didn't I swear to God. I didn't. I f---- up I know it. I don't blame you for hating me. But I didn't mean to. If you would just listen. I know I can't make up for this. I know I messed up. I'm so sorry. But I overslept. I drank last night and finally got to sleep around 4 and overslept Sydney"

Tom's view

God she thinks I did this on purpose. She thinks I set her up. That I lied to her about wanting to pick her up.  What am I going to do to make her see that I didn't.  I said, "Sydney I don't blame you for hating me. But I swear to God I didn't plan this. I was panicked when I woke up late, and I was in such a hurry to get here before Doug, and then I didn't even think I just went in my normal routine and sped her. I totally blew it off that I was supposed to pick you up. I've never picked you up before. Honest Sydney. I swear You can ask Doug. When he got here and I realized it I was freaking out. Panicking. I wished I had your phone number. I thought that you I mean he told me not to worry you were probably on the way taking a cab. I thought that made sense. That you would take a cab."

Sydney's side

"why would I take a cab. When you told me, no you volunteered to pick me up. I told you it wasn't necessary. That I would take a cab. But you insisted.  Look I take the blame for this. Because I trusted you. And it was all a set up for you to humiliate me. You got me back for me hitting you. I was wrong to  hit you. I had no right to touch you. I did it because not only did you violate my personal space and touch me, breathe on my neck, on my skin, but then you called me ugly, you were cruel. You mocked me. Mocked my body. You didn't tell me anything I didn't already know. I'm well aware that I'm ugly. That i'm not attractive to men. I know that my breasts aren't big. I don't need you screaming all of that in a bar in front of all these beautiful girls and all these guys.  All staring at me. Laughing at me I also hit you because you threw my dead mom in my face. Calling me a mommy's girl saying she should wash my mouth out with soap. And I get you didn't know probably that she is dead, but I struggle with the loss of my mom and will the rest of my life, I don't need to have you mock me about it."

Tom is standing there mouth open.  Running  his hand through his hair.  I said "I'm done. I can't put up with all the bullying. It's not worth it. The mental damage it is doing to me. So I quit."

Doug is standing there. With a shocked look on his face. I guess because of all that I said to Hanson.

Tom said, "Sydney please I swear to God I didn't set you up. I was wanting to pick you up. I swear it wasn't an act. And I'm sorry. I didn't Sydney I didn't mean it when I said you were ugly. I swear to God I don't think that. I was hurt that you ripped me, causing a scene, making guys laugh at me. I lost my temper. I wanted to shut you up. Hurt you because I was hurt. I'm sorry. And I had no idea about your mom. I'm so sorry Sydney. I  swear I wouldn't do that."

Tom's view

God what am I going to do.  I can't believe what I'm hearing. I really hurt her calling her ugly. I mean what her saying she knows she's ugly. How could she think that. She is the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. She can't think she is ugly. How do I fix this. How do I keep her from quitting.

She is walking towards the door.  Doug said, "Hey Sydney sweetheart, why don't you wait just a minute."

She turns around.  I'm so grateful for Doug coming out here. Maybe he can help me.

Doug said, "Sydney. Please just listen to Hanson a minute."

Sydney's view

"Doug thank you for being nice to me and welcoming me.  It would have been fun to work with you. Judy told me great things about working with you. How fun you are. Make her laugh. But I'm sorry. I can't do this again. Be bullied. Be humiliated. Set up."

Tom said, "Sydney please I swear I didn't set you up. I didn't. I was nervous about giving you a ride. And I mean."  

I said,"Shut up Hanson. I am not talking to you. Don't give me this bullshit lies. It's all lies with you. Just man up. Just own it. Hanson. You hate me. You called me ugly. You said I was unattractive. You made fun of my chest. Said I was a middle school body. A little girl. I hit you, and you wanted payback. Humiliate me and get me in trouble with Adam."

Doug said,"Sydney that's not true. Hanson would not do that. I mean I don't know. I'm shocked at hearing that he said all that on Thursday. But I know for a fact that he planned on picking you up. He told me about it. He told me that he was excited to pick you up. I swear he told me that. He said that he thought this would be a way for you two to make a new start forget Thursday and put that in the past.  He was anxious about the car ride. Being long. And awkward. And he was having trouble sleeping. He has had trouble sleeping actually hasn't slept since Wednesday because he has felt so guilty and bad about what all he said to you because he was lying and he didn't mean it and wanted to hurt you."

I said, "Doug I know bro code ok. You're lying for him"

Doug said, "no I'm not."  Tom said, "Sydney he's not. I swear I was anxious nervous about the car ride. I mean I could tell when I offered that you would rather not ride with me. I mean it's been obvious since Thursday night when I spoke to you that you hate me. I'm sorry I said you were ugly. You're not. You're beautiful. It hurt me when you called me ugly."  I said, "I never said you were ugly."  Tom said "you said no girl would want to get with me unless she is wasted and drunk so she couldn't see. I took that to mean you thought I was ugly. That my face was hideous"

Tom said, "Sydney I wanted to make a new start with you. I mean we work together. I wanted to put the past behind us. You and Judy are going to be friends. She is excited about that. I would not want to do anything to ruin that for you guys. For Judy. I know how much it means for Judy to have a woman officer, to talk to, I mean she told you about her rape. That is huge Sydney. Please don't quit. I promise you you're not in trouble"

I said, "liar. yes I am. Adam is furious with me"  Tom ran his hands through his hair.

Tom said, "What"  I said "I got a call from him. And he was furious. Said that he was called during his big meeting with the mayor and that looks bad on him, that the high school office called to report to him that I didn't check in.  You ask me why I didn't take a cab. Because I believed you when you said you wanted to pick me up. I thought you were hurt. I was scared for you. I was worried. I didn't know what to do. Judy told me you were always early. So I waited outside in the pouring rain at 6 45.  But instead of being upset, I was worried thought you had a wreck, picturing you on the side of the road, hurt, unable to call for help. I called the hospitals.  I didn't know what to do. I didn't want to leave and get a cab and then have you show up. So the joke is on  me. Then Adam told me that you were in class, reported to the office, and I realized this was all a set up."

Tom said, "no it wasn't. I swear Sydney. Look I know you're mad. I don't blame you. Hit me ok. I deserve it. Hit me again."  I said,  F--- you Tom Hanson. I hate you. I hate your guts."  I am actually shaking I'm so mad.  And I am a little shocked as I see tears in his eyes. Not just form, but he's actually crying.  I start sneezing and coughing.

Doug said, "Sydney let's get you home ok, and out of those clothes. Before you catch a cold."

Doug puts his arm around me.  I cry, and he hugs me.  I hate that I"m crying in front of Hanson. But I can't help it.  Doug hugs me, and is rubbing my back trying to comfort me.  Tom is crying.

Part of me is wondering why is he crying, I mean maybe he's telling me the truth.

Tom said, "Sydney I swear I didn't set you up. I wouldn't do that."

Doug said, "Sydney I know we just met, but I wouldn't cover for Hanson, even if he is my best friend, if he would do this to you. I know for a fact he was anxious and nervous about the car ride, he told me. I know that he was wanting a new start with you. He has been upset about Thursday, and I know that he wanted to give you a ride. He was happy you were on the case with us. Sydney he was. I'm not covering for him"

Tom said, "Sydney I will fix this. Please don't quit. I will call Adam right now. I'll explain it. He will not be mad at you. He will write me up. Not you. I promise you baby"  I said, "Don't you ever call me that. Ever."  He said, "I'm sorry. I won't. I'm calling him right now. Doug take her home ok. Make sure she's ok, and isn't sick. Sydney if I need to get you medicine or anything please I'll do it. I'll do whatever to make this up to you. If you would just consider giving me one chance."

I said, "Doug can we go."  He said "yes sweetheart."

Tom's view point.

Dammit she hates me. She will never forgive me. She will never even be my friend. Judy is going to be furious with me if she quits. She can't quit. As bad as I'm feeling now, it just got worse, when I looked at the hallway.  Dammit what the hell is he doing here.  Can this get worse.

Dennis said, "hey guys."  Sydney said, "Hey Dennis. Can you do me a huge favor. And give me a ride home."  Tom said, "Sydney Doug was going to."  Doug said, "yeah I got it."

Sydney said, "no Doug I don't want to bother you, you are on a case and need to stay here"  Dennis said, "sure."  I go to him, and cry.  Telling him thank you. And he hugs me.

Tom's view.

God what have I done. I just pushed her into Booker's arms. She is hugging him, crying, and he's comforting her. Now they will spend the day together.  He will take her home. She will let him inside. He will take care of her. Hold her.  I just pushed them together.  Dammit. My heart is breaking.

Dennis said, "sweetheart what happened, why are you all wet"  I said, "Hanson he set me up. He told me he was going to give me a ride. But then he didn't. I stood outside waiting for him, and he was here laughing at me."

Tom screams, "I swear that's not true. I didn't do that."  Booker said, "What the hell Hanson"

Doug said, "Booker that's not what happened. Ok. He forgot to pick her up. He didn't go to sleep until 4 and overslept and panicked and flew into the car, and not used to picking her up, didn't think.It was an honest mistake. Hanson call Adam now."

Booker said, "let's go honey."  Doug said, "Why are you here anyway"  Booker said, "our case.  I guess our suspect's girlfriend goes to school here, I was going to see if I could talk to her."

I said, "Dennis if you need to I can just take a cab."  I sneezed.  He said, "no let's get you home. I'll take care of you"  We left.

Tom's viewpoint.

My  heart is breaking in two.  I can't stop the tears.  I hit the locker with my fist.   Shout a bunch of cuss words.  Doug gives me a hug.

He said, "I'm sorry Hanson. I have seen how you have been acting since Friday, and I figured you were falling for this girl you saw. I mean the fact that you let her hit you and didn't arrest her, the fact you turned down a hookup. And I suspected it was Sydney when I saw how you were staring at her and getting all upset and jealous over her. You really like her don't you" I nod. I said, "But she hates me."

Doug said, "right now yes, but maybe we can fix this. I mean I know you didn't set her up. call Judy and explain and maybe she can help. I mean I have a feeling Judy has figured out you are falling for Sydney too., I mean if I figured it out."  Tom said, "yeah, she figured it out Friday"    

I said, "Penhall thanks for trying to fix this for me. I F---- up and pushed her into Booker's arms. He is going to spend the day with her, get closer to her. And I mean I don't think she's the type of girl to cheat on her man. I'm praying she's not. Because it makes me sick enough to know she has a man who is loving her every night, makes me sick, but I'd rather it be that guy than Booker. I can't handle it if it's Booker. If she were to be with Booker. it'd kill me. I'd lose it."

Doug said, "so she has a man"  I said,"yeah Jay someone. A rich preppy loser."  Doug said, "how do you know."  I said, "She was at the club waiting for him. He finally got to the bar and hugged her, she was so glad to see him, and then she and him got  a table, and he was hugging her, and then caressed her face. Kissed her cheek. She kissed his.  I could not look away. I was filled with hate for him. I wanted to go over and kick his ass, so that at least their night would be ruined."

Doug said, "sorry Hanson. Call Adam."  I call Adam and explain everything. Apologizing telling him Sydney hates me. That I upset her Thursday night at a bar, and hurt her feelings because I was hurt, and then she apologized and we called a truce, and how I wanted to be friends so  I offered the ride, but I was so nervous and haven't slept since Wednesday, and then I ended up oversleeping, and wasn't used to picking her up, and didn't think I'm so sorry. Write me up, suspend me, fire me if you have to but please don't let her quit. Please Adam talk her into staying. I will give up my job."

Adam tells me to calm down. he doesn't want me to quit or her. He is sorry that he didn't get details first. He needs to apologize and fix this with her.

Sydney's side.

Dennis turns on the heater on the ride home.  I'm grateful that he isn't wanting to talk. He keeps looking over at me.

I said, "Thank you for taking me home. Sorry to ruin your case."  He said, "you didn't. And I'm honored to take you home. I'm sorry your first day went so badly"  I nodded.

He said, "look I have to say something. Hanson and I don't get along. We haven't had a good history since I started. he hates me. I love to push his buttons. Get him riled up. He's like a little kid in that I can make him lose his cool."  He laughs.

He said, "But Hanson didn't set you up. I know that for a fact. I wouldn't lie to you, or cover for him. I mean there is no bro code with us, me and him aren't bros, never will be. We barely can tolerate each other"

I said, "you really think that he just forgot"  Dennis said, "I know he did. He isn't a bully. He wouldn't do this to you, and even if he was the type of guy to do it, which he's not, he knows he'd get suspended for it. Adam wouldn't tolerate it Sydney. And Hanson is not a liar. I mean the dude is incapable of telling a lie. He looked you in the eyes and me in the eyes and he said it was an accident. He's not lying."

Dennis said,"he may be an idiot. But he's not a liar. Forgetting the most beautiful girl I don't know how he could do that, but I do know that he is a on time freak and if he overslept, I mean the dude has his whole day planned out the night before, from his clothes, to his routine, when he showers, when he eats, what he eats, each day of the week he has a meal, like mon for breakfast lunch dinner he has this, each Tuesday. and he's a neat freak, he's got OCD, and if he woke up late, I'm sure that set him in a tailspin and freaked him out, panicking him, to the point that he went by routine, hurried off to school, totally forgetting he was supposed to pick you up. I mean he's never picked you up before."  I said, "I guess I can see how that happened."

Adam calls me and is apologizing .  He tells me he let me down. He doesn't blame me if I'm furious with him, but please don't quit. Give him another chance. to do right by me. That he was already having a bad day, and had got into  a fight on the way to his meeting with his ex wife over their son, and let that effect him, then when he got another call, he didn't even stop to get the facts from Hanson. It didn't occur to him you would need a ride. Or that Hanson who is always on time would oversleep and then forget you. And that is what he did. He did not set you up. He did not bully you. He is sick over this. And he offered to quit if it's what will keep you with us.  I told him I don't want either of you quitting. We can work this out. 

 I said, "What he offered to quit."  Adam said, "yes he wants you to stay. He said Judy would be hurt if you quit. And he knows you were looking forward to your job. Please just take the rest of the day, get warm. Call me if you need anything groceries, medicine. But just take the day, and then let's talk tomorrow. And we can fix this. You me and Hanson please Sydney give us one more chance before you quit. I promise we won't let you down again."  I said "yes sir. I will see you tomorrow."

Tom's view

Adam calls me and tells me that he talked to Sydney explained, and apologized. Pleaded my case for him. And she agreed to come into the station tomorrow and talk to him and I.   I  thank him and apologize again.   I leave school, too upset.   I sit in my car, and call Judy and tell her what happened.  I apologize.  Telling her Sydney is going to quit. She hates me. I told Adam I will quit. Please Judy you got to try and help me. Help me convince her. I mean I know you can't help me be friends with her and I won't ask you to ask her to give me a chance as her friend. But please at least help me fix this enough so she believes that it was a mistake. I swear Judy I wanted to drive her. I was just nervous and anxious and about the awkward drive and I had some beers, finally fell asleep at 4 overslept."

Judy said, "Ok Hanson slow down. I know you. I know you would never bully her, or do that to her. Never. I know that. I'll tell her that."  Tom said, "I doubt she will believe you"  Judy said, 'I will help you fix this. I think you and Sydney would be such a beautiful couple. But that is a long ways off in the future. But you are falling for her huh"  I said,"yeah Judy. Even though I don't want to."  She said, "Don't worry Hanson.  I will get her to calm down and see it's an accident. But you better not screw up again."  I said, "I won't. Thank you"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.6K 552 14
After escaping a bad relationship, Amelia Buckley was left with an overwhelming amount of emotions. She was scared, relieved, and alone all at once...
1.8K 45 20
"What!?" he says with fire burning in his eyes but I can't seem to look away not even once. "What do you mean what all I did was go to a party and ha...
2.8K 18 55
Officer Tom Hanson is 18, soon to be 19, fresh out of Police Academy, and on the force in his home town. He is given an undercover case, and has to...
136 3 11
After witnessing a murder she shouldn't have Morgan finds herself in a downward spiral. She knows it's not right but she can't help the feelings she...