Molten Iresis (FurnaceRedAU)

By NotSoSugar

What if Wukong's vision was dramatically affected by the furnace's smoke? To the point where everything he se... More

1- How It All Happens To Begin
2- Adjusting to Life
3- A Child..?
4- Training With A Secret
5- Old Friends Come Around
7- Unspoken plans
8- Small Trip
9- Now A Plan
10- The Air Freezes Blue
11- Road Trips
12-Dragon's Warning As Ice Follows Us
13- Hate Marked By Love
14- A Moon And Two Rings
15- Summon It
16- Battles Lost, Wars Won
17-The Ebony Takes Over
18- Finding Our Friends
19- Anger Surges
Retrival
Tearing Down Power, Peace Comes Once More

6- Interrupted Celebrations

931 42 55
By NotSoSugar

Macaque teleported them to a rooftop, allowing the team to observe the attack.

Spider Queen was using small spider robots to infect people, which meant they needed to figure out how to not only defeat the queen, but to help the infected, too.

Wukong's eyes glowed and he sputtered, "Geez, her mech is full of magic signatures! Look, I'm going to go get them out and then we can defeat her. She's using them to power up her stupid machine!"

Macaque huffed, "You can't go alone-!" MK suddenly gagged, "Spiders are so gross! Why spiders?! Ugh!"

Wukong whined, "Just, please stay with them? I'll be back quickly." He summoned his cloud and flew off, not bothering to hear his friend's warning.

--

Wukong tapped the metal, humming as he slowly pulled back a fist.

Whispers suddenly filled the air.

"Greetings, Sun Wukong."

His eyes glowed as he gazed at the familiar magic, "You! How are you out of your tomb?"

"Your dear warrior was very... Messy when he clawed his way to the mortal realm. I simply followed, and gifted him a way to let me out as a test of his loyalty. He failed..."

The short figure swayed, and Wukong huffed, "Why are you so much smaller..?"

There was a pause.

"I am using a child's body, Sun Wukong." Her confusion was obvious, and the monkey shrugged, "She looks a lot like you."

The spirit scoffed, "Destiny will be fulfilled, monkey. And you will be too late." Images flashed before his eyes, visions, maybe? They flashed blue, and he grimaced as he heard MK's voice wailing with fear.

Was she was showing him something to intimidate him?

Wukong nearly began to cackle, she didn't know he was unable to actually see the predictions she was showing him.

Blue mist chilled his skin as she disappeared, and he looked around, trying to find her.

He didn't bother to pay attention as a web shot out at him.

--

Red Son crashed onto the roof top, huffing as he stumbled out of his destroyed vehicle.

The Monkie Kid team and a black-furred monkey stared at him in surprise.

Mei blurted, "Red Boy?! Get him!" MK and Mei piled onto him as he screamed and struggled, "Stop it! Get off!"

Pigsy snickered, "Explain yourself, then."

"My father has been captured and I have some venom and I can produce a cure!" He suddenly erupted in flames, "NOW GET OFF!"

Macaque rolled his eyes, "I say we use him to get the cure and ditch his father."

MK grimaced, "Uh, I know you really don't like DBK, but, it's his dad! A-And we're heroes!" Mei frowned, "I'm kinda with Mac on this one. The Bull Family can't be trusted!"

Red Son sputtered, "What?! No, I will assist you only if I can save my father! Got it? I will help him! You don't have to!"

Macaque sneered, "Fine. Let's go get a stupid cure."

--

Wukong snarled, struggling against his bonds as a new prisoner was dragged in.

"Oh, Monkey King! We brought an old friend of yours!"

The monkey perked up, staring at the huge figure. The room was dim and tinted with green, and it took using his Gold Vision to identify the demon.

He then felt pure rage as he realized he was staring at his friend's killer.

The king snarled, struggling harder as the spiders exited the room. Wukong yelled out, "You! Fancy meeting you here, huh?! I swear, when I get my hands on you--"

"What? You'll trap me under another mountain?" The bull sneered, slightly taken aback by the monkey's hostility.

"No... I'll do worse."

--

MK sighed, staring at his reflection as he hid in the furnace, listening to Macaque fight the Celestial Hounds.

Macaque unfortunately really didn't like dogs.

"Man... This sucks." His reflection shrugged, "At least this thing isn't on." MK slowly turned to stare at his reflection, "...I'm going insane. I knew it."

"Pfft, nah! I'm just magic or whatever. Say, why aren't you fighting?" 

MK sighed, "I hid in here cause I can't face a pair of dogs." MK's reflection hummed, "Wukong was trapped in here. And he gained Gold Vision." 

The brunette grimaced, "Didn't he also go blind?" 

"Yeah. But then what did he do? He got out! And he fought for as long as he could! Wukong needs you, MK, so go and be a hero!" 

MK nodded, standing up as he glowed. A mech began to form.

--

Macaque cheered, "MK, that was great! Man, Wukong is going to be so proud!"

They continued to celebrate as Red Son created the cure, carefully holding it up, "Alright. Now we need to load this into...something." Sandy raised his hand sweetly, "I have water cannons, would those suffice?" 

The fire demon nodded curtly, "Yes."

Mei giggled, "You're a hero~!" Red Son smacked her, "Shut up." 

--

Wukong groaned, unable to activate his Gold Vision. 

The webs continued to weaken him, and the Bull King watched with concern. 

And then he got a horrible idea.

"...Too bad you're trapped here, simian." Wukong's head snapped toward the Bull's voice. "Your successor will suffer without you there to protect him." The monkey growled, "He can defend himself!" 

"Oh? And what of your friend? The Six-Eared Macaque? Or the boy's friends?"

Webs suddenly snapped savagely, and the monkey was suddenly on top of the bull demon, claws poised and ready.

"S-Simian! I was only--" 

"I know what you were doing, now shut up." He clawed the webs apart before roughly landing onto the ground, "I hate you, you know that?" 

He punched the wall, not waiting for an answer as he jumped out.

--

"You can't beat me! I'm the queen!" Black hair hung over her shoulders and face, framing her crazed smile.

"Oh? Well I'm the king."

Wukong dropped down, twirling the staff as he threw himself at the spider demon.

MK cheered, jumping into the battle.

Demon Bull King suddenly appeared, pushing back Goliath, who had been hiding to ambush the group.

An intense fight broke out, beams of light and smoke erupted amidst the chaos.

Wukong ducked down, his fur raising as cold hand brushed against him. He turned around, snarling. Black and purple suddenly appeared beside him, and he realized it was a shadow portal.

Macaque panted slightly, "Kid's finishing off the mech. We need to get out of the way, come on!" He grabbed the king's arm, trying to pull him along.

Wukong hesitated, "But she's here! I have to find her!"

The ground rumbled, and gold flooded his vision. The warrior pulled him away, "There's no time! Let's go, now!"

--

MK blinked hazily as he fell.

He gasped as shadows enveloped him, depositing him into the arms of his loved ones. He craned his neck and spotted Wukong screeching for him, staring at the sky in confusion.

MK smiled warily, ignoring Pigsy as he placed band-aids on him, "Monkey King, I'm over here!"

The king's ear flickered as he gasped in relief. Macaque exhaled slowly, uncovering his ears after the ginger had stopped screeching in favor of running to his successor.

Wukong's eyes glowed as he identified which blob of color was his successor. Once he found MK he beamed, "Bud, that was amazing! Everything went all golden and there was a wave of power--"

He accidentally bumped into Mei, and he apologized under his breath as he clumsily tried ruffling the boy's hair, "I am so proud of you!"

Macaque looked away from the sweet moment, instead looking over at the bull demons.

Mei smirked, "Oh, Daddy Bull King! Your son helped cure everyone! He did really good hero work today!"

Red Son glared at her, "I am not a hero!" He sighed, looking up at his father, "Let's please never tell Mother..."

Macaque rolled his eyes as the duo had a familial moment, looking away. And trying to ignore the hurt and anger that resurfaced.

The shadow user walked up to Wukong, tapping him gently, "We should be heading home, Wukong."

The king pouted, hugging MK close as he whined, "But we barely celebrated today!" Mei snorted, pulling out her phone for a few pictures.

Sandy perked up, "Oh! We could eat at Pigsy's to finish off the holidays. If that's okay with Pigsy, of course."

The chef snorted, shrugging, "Alright. Just don't make a mess."

The kids and Wukong cheered.

--

Wukong shot a hand out, knocking over a dumpling. He pouted as he heard it fall, "Aw, man..."

Tang squinted at him, "Uh, having some trouble?"

The king smiled sheepishly, a lie easily appearing in his mind, "Nah, I was really close to the kid's power surge. So my eyes are kinda paying for it."

He hummed, stuffing his mouth as Tang leaned back, "Oh. Yeah, it's a lot like looking directly at the sun, I suppose."

Wukong nodded along, "Exactly!"

Macaque was absent-mindedly eating beside the king, lost in thought. She was back, he could feel it. She had managed to get out, despite the fact he'd hidden that retched key...

The shadow user glanced at Wukong, bitter regret filling his being. 

He knew what he had to do.

_______________________

Apologies if there have been mistakes in these chapters lately, I was using my school laptop to write (Which has a ton of software that help me a bunch) and it shut down during the summer :')

And now all I have is my crappy phone keyboard and an old computer casually taunting to die on me--

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

965 33 14
The Monkie Kid has made an appearance and a name for himself. Casting his name into the world, being known for his acts around China. - After the adv...
38.7K 1.3K 17
( This au was created by TikTok user @decaffeinated_raccoon and I recieved permission to create a fic based on the au!! Vids: https://www.tiktok.com...
2.8K 127 6
AU where Sun Wukong and Liu'er Mihou's positions are switched. I usually see screenshot redraws of swk and macaque switched but I've barely seen anyo...
14.6K 365 9
You were the youngest in the Celestial Court along with your mentor the Celestial Maiden Princess Iron Fan learning combat and using your goddess pow...