the truth

By beachsideviews

"I can't even think about someone hurting you." "Aurora, the only thing that can hurt me is you." ~~ in which... More

the truth
chapter one
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty one
chapter twenty two

chapter two

269 15 0
By beachsideviews

Aurora tossed and turned all night long, flashbacks from last night swarmed her head. The police department declared the attack an animal attack, but something in Aurora's head screamed at her telling her it wasn't true.

So when her alarm went off the next morning, she let out an irritated groan and reached over turning it off she managed to get herself out of bed and ready for the day before heading downstairs to see Elena and Jenna in the kitchen. Naturally, she went straight for the coffee machine.

"Do I look adult? As in respectfully parental?" Jenna asked the two girls causing Aurora to turn around to look at her mom with a cup of coffee in her hands.
"Depends on where you're going" Aurora responded
"Jeremy's parent-teacher conference. Hair up or down?" Jenna asked putting her hair up

"Sexy stewardess." Elena commented as Jenna let her hair down
"Boozy housewife."

"Up it is." Jenna lightly chuckled "You're feisty today."
"I feel good, which is rare. So I've decided to go with it. Fly free, walk on the sunshine, and all that stuff. Where is Jeremy?"
"He left early. Something about getting to wood shop early to finish a birdhouse."

Elena and Aurora looked at each other knowingly causing Jenna to pause realization hitting her, "there is no wood shop, is there?"
"No." Elena and Aurora responded together
"Yeah." Jenna muttered with a sigh. Aurora gave her mom a supportive side hug before saying goodbye and heading off to school with Elena.

Later, the girl sat in her favorite subject yet least favorite class: history with Tanner.
"Originally discovered nearly 5 centuries ago, it hasn't been over Mystic Falls in over 145 years. Now, the comet will be its brightest right after dusk during tomorrow's celebration. Are we bothering you, Mr. Salvatore? Ms. Gilbert?"

Aurora looked over to see the two drop their gazes, Elena biting back a smile subconsciously looking over at her cousin who smirked at her knowingly causing her to blush slightly. Aurora was happy that her cousin found someone to make her happy, if anyone deserved to be happy it was Elena. After all, she had been through so much and she had a feeling that Stefan was going to be good for her.

The class then went back to listening to Tanner go on and on as Aurora watched the clock waiting for the class to be over and in what felt like a few minutes it eventually was.

After school she headed to the Mystic Grill to meet up with her friends. So the group sat outside and talked.
"Well, I was talking to Grams, and she said the comet is a sign of impending doom. The last time it passed over Mystic Falls, there was lots of death. So much blood and carnage, it created a bed of paranormal activity." Bonnie explained to the group.
"Yeah, and then you poured Grams another shot and she told you about the aliens."
"Caroline." Aurora warned feeling like she was being insensitive on Bonnie's part so the girl sent Bonnie a supportive glance with the girl returned as Caroline rolled her eyes briefly turning to Elena. "So then what"
"So then nothing." Elena responded
"You and Stefan talked all night? There was no sloppy first kiss or touchy feely of any kind?"
"Nope. We didn't go there."
"Not even a handshake? I mean, Elena, we are your friends. Ok? You are supposed to share the smut." Caroline reminded the girl

"We just talked for hours." Elena added on
"Okay, what is with the blockage? Just jump his bones already! Okay, it's easy. Boy likes girl, girl likes boy, sex!" Caroline elaborated
"Profound." Elena responded as Aurora chuckled lightly while Elena got up.
"Where are you going?" Bonnie wondered
"Caroline's right. It is easy. If I sit here long enough, I'll end up talking myself out of it instead of doing what I started the day saying what I was going to do." Elena explained before walking away causing the girls to exchange surprised looks.

Later back at home, the girls stood in the kitchen.
"He's on the rebound and has raging family issues." Elena sighed
"Well, at least it's an ex-girlfriend. Wait till you date a guy with mommy issues or cheating issues. Or amphetamine issues." Jenna noted causing Aurora to make a slight face.
"What?" Jenna asked resulting in Aurora to shake her head - brushing it off as Jeremy entered the house.
"Jeremy? Jeremy, where were you?" Jenna asked
"More stoner stories? Look, Jenna, I get it, you were cool. And so that's...that's cool."
"Oh no, you pulled out the stoner stories?" Aurora cringed remembering when Jenna gave her that talk causing Jenna to nudge her to be quiet as Jeremy tried to make his escape upstairs.
"Oh, no, no, no!" Jenna exclaimed grabbing an apple and throwing it at Jeremy causing Aurora to laugh but she covered it with her hand quickly turning around to compose herself.

"Ow! Why? Why...why did you do that?" Jeremy asked
"Listen up! Quit ditching class or you're grounded. No discussion." Jenna ordered
"Parental authority, I like it. Sleep tight." Jeremy responded before heading upstairs.
~~
Aurora later then stood in the Mystic Falls Town Square with Elena and Bonnie handing out pamphlets.
"Tonight, night of the comet! Would you like a program?" Bonnie exclaimed as the girls handed out programs to the people walking by before she turned to Elena.
"He didn't call, huh?"

This caught Aurora's attention, causing her to join the conversation still occasionally passing out programs.

"Or text. But I realized we never even exchanged that stuff. We've never gotten to the texting part." Elena noted
"That's an important milestone in any relationship." Bonnie added on causing Aurora to nod in agreement.

"Isn't it? The timing is wrong, anyway." Elena shook her head
"When is it ever right?" Aurora wondered
"I'm not ready, you guys." Elena sighed
"Who is?" Bonnie added on in agreement.

"At least I put myself out there." Elena recalled
"Is that what you're calling it?" Bonnie retorted.
"What do you mean?" Elena wondered.
"What she means, it all we're hearing is reasons why you can't." Aurora concluded before returning to give out programs.

"Tonight, night of the comet! Would you like a program?" Aurora separated from the girls, greeting a small group of teenagers giving them programs when they agreed and thanked her causing her to smile.
"I'll take one." a mans voice spoke causing her to turn around to see a man with straight black hair that swept across his forehead he also had a square jaw and piercing blue eyes that stared down at the girl causing her heart to beat against her chest rapidly, his lips twisted into a smirk as he heard the rapid rhythm he caused.
Aurora licked her lips nervously as she glanced away from the boy and back to him seeing him raise an eyebrow at the girls actions.

"You're interested in the night of the comet?"

Damon chuckled lightly under his breath, "I am way more involved in historical events then you may think. Besides, if you're going to be there then why wouldn't I want to attend?"

Aurora thought as she swallowed. She hadn't felt this excited or nervous about a guy in a long time. What was the guy doing to her? Why was she acting this way? For all she knew he could be a murder, she knows better then to find random guys attractive.

Say something Aurora. You have just been awkwardly staring at him for a weird amount of time he's bound to think you're a freak —

"You are going to be there aren't you?" Damon questioned raising an eyebrow curiously.
"I'm sorry, yes I am. Me and my friends are helping support the event. Hence, the fliers." She answered holding up the stack of papers.
"Hmm, of course. I should've guessed. Well I hope we can meet up at some point."
"I'll keep my eye out for you. After all, you shouldn't be hard to miss."

Aurora immediately regretted saying that as his lips turned up into a smirk.
"Well then. I look forward to seeing you again tonight..."
"Aurora Sommers." she introduced herself holding out a hand which he accepted.
"Aurora." He repeated her name rolling off his tongue perfectly sending goosebumps up her arm.
"Damon Salvatore."

Aurora's mind wandered as the last name rang in her mind "Salvatore, as in —."

"Stefan! Brother, have you come to watch the fascinating comet tonight?" Damon smirked letting go of the girls hand as Aurora glanced over to see Stefan approaching them quickly and standing by her side protectively eyeing Damon.
"Damon, what are you doing here?" Stefan spoke in an hesitant voice.
"Can't one enjoy a historical event without being treated like they stand out?" Damon questioned his brother before looking at Athena, gesturing to Stefan. "You know, this one is a little bit of a history buff, always has been." Damon chuckled lightly at Stefan expression as Aurora watched the conversation play out - noting how tense Stefan was.

"I've noticed." Aurora commented recalling the history class that they share and his interactions with Tanner.

"Aurora, can i speak to you? Please?" Stefan asked but before the girl could respond he grabbed her arm and pulled her away.
"So that's your brother? He seems... interesting." Aurora trailed off as she glanced at Damon who smirked at her as he talked to one of the teachers that had stopped him.
"Interesting is an understatement. Listen, he isn't what you think okay? He is bad news. He brings chaos, trouble and drama wherever he goes. You don't want to get involved with him he has a terrible reputation and he will bring you down with him." Stefan ranted worriedly

"Why do you even care? You hardly know me." Aurora asked confused
"I know that you're important to Elena and I care about her and I hope one day we will eventually be able to consider each other friends. I'm not telling you that you have to stay away from him. Just - be careful, please."

"Okay, I will. I promise." Aurora nodded causing Stefan to nod before going to walk away.
"Hey Stefan, I hope so too." Aurora called out referring to their conversation this caused Stefan to smile before walking away to probably go find Elena causing Aurora to run a hand through her hair glancing over to where Damon was only to see nothing resulting in a defeated sigh to escape her lips.
~~
After the comet Aurora and her friends hung out at the Grill when Jeremy walked up to them.
"Hey, has anyone seen Vicki?" he asked
"You're her stalker. You tell us." Tyler scoffed
"I can't find her." Jeremy continued
"She probably found somebody else to party with. Sorry, pill pusher, I guess you've been replaced." Tyler commented causing Aurora and Elena to look over at them confused.
"What's with the pill pusher?" Aurora wondered
"Ask him." Tyler spat

"You wanna do this right now?" Jeremy scoffed
"Are you dealing?" Elena asked
"She's never gonna go for you." Tyler told him
"She already did. Over and over and over again." Jeremy smirked
"Yeah, right." Tyler rolled his eyes.
"You slept with Vicki Donovan? I mean, Vicki Donovan slept with you?" Caroline questioned shocked.
"There's no way." Tyler denied

"And I didn't even have to force her into it." Jeremy snapped back causing the group to immediately turn to Tyler.
"What the hell is he talking about, Ty?" Matt asked
"Yeah Ty, what is he talking about?" Aurora seethed causing Tyler to swallow nervously ignoring Aurora's stares.
"Nothing. Just ignore him. He's a punk." Tyler replied
"You know what, how about all of you shut up and help me find my sister?" Matt declared
"We'll check the back." Bonnie nodded

"I'll check the square." Matt decided
"I'll come with you." Jeremy agreed
"Oh, no, no, no. You are coming with me." Elena ordered pulling Jeremy away from the group.
"I'll come with you Matt." Aurora claimed sending Elena a look to which she sent a reassuring nod before she went off with the boy.

The two walked side by side down the street of the square searching for Vicki.
"Hey, there's Stefan. Let's go ask him if he's seen her." Aurora offered causing Matt to nod in agreement before the two approached the boy.
"Hey." Matt greeted
"Hey." Stefan replied
"Have you seen Vicki? she's missing and we can't find her" Aurora asked the boy

"No, I haven't, sorry." Stefan replied "but I'll keep an eye out for her."
"Thanks." seeing that Matt wanted to keep the conversation going, Aurora excused herself and continued looking for the girl completely unaware of the unfortunate events that were going on on the rooftop.

Eventually she got a text from Matt saying that Stefan had found her walking around and so she headed back to the Grill, she double checked that the Donovan's didn't need any more help and thanked Stefan for finding her before sitting down with Caroline and Bonnie.
"Ugh, it's just so much drama. Ever notice how the druggies are the biggest attention whores?" Caroline sighed
"Yeah." Bonnie spoke
"Excuse me. Hi." Stefan walked up to the group.
"Hi." Bonnie greeted
"Um, have you guys seen Elena?" Stefan wondered

Bonnie and Aurora looked at each other before Aurora spoke up, "I think she went home."
"I'm gonna give you Elena's cell number and her email. She is big on texting, and you can tell her..."I said so". Bonnie informed the boy writing a number on a napkin.
"Thank you." Stefan replied as Bonnie handed it to him accidentally touching him and going into the same stance as when she was at the party.
"You ok?" Stefan wondered concerned
"What happened to you? That's so rude. I'm sorry. Excuse me." Bonnie sputtered out flustered
"Yeah, she kind of wigs out. It's like her thing." Caroline told the boy causing him to nod hesitantly.
"I should probably go check on her, make sure she's okay." Aurora informed Stefan before looking at Caroline.

"Stay here and keep drinking coffee. We gotta get you sobered up before we can take you home. I'll be back okay?" Aurora reassured the girl, Caroline nodded in response causing Aurora to smile satisfied then she excused herself to go search the grill to see if Bonnie had already left.

After a while of searching she eventually got annoyed and stood outside, her phone ringing in her ear she stood up straighter when the young girl responded.
"Hello?" Bonnie's voice echoed
"Thank god. I've been searching for you, I just wanted to make sure you were okay."
"I'm fine Rory thanks, just got a bit spooked. Did you get Caroline and yourself home okay?"
"I'm about to go check on her and take her home if she's sober enough."

"Okay good, focus on her. I'm fine. Thanks for checking up and text me when you guys are home."
"Will do, bye."
"Bye."

Satisfied, Aurora then headed back inside the restaurant only to not find Caroline where she left her. Confused she searched around once again and frowned when she came up with nothing.
Stopping Matt who was currently working she questioned him, "Hey have you seen Care?"
"Not since earlier." Matt replied
"Oh okay, thanks." Aurora nodded causing Matt to continue to his work.
Aurora pulled out her phone once again and called the young blonde. Caroline then answered, "Hey what's up?"
"Hey, where'd you go?"

"Oh I'm fine. A very cute guy offered me a ride home."
Aurora sighed at this, "Care-"
"I'm fine, Rory. I'll be safe after all I do know how to take care of myself and I really don't need you to mother me. After all, your supposed to be my best friend."
"I am your best friend Caroline, that's why I care about your safety. But if you truly believe you're safe then I trust you to make your of decisions. Just text me if you need anything all right?"
Aurora heard Caroline giggle, "Okay. I gotta go. Talk to you later."
"Bye -"

After being hung up on, Aurora sighed tucking her phone back in her pocket and gathering her stuff and heading out the door. The girl ended up getting home safely and started to get ready for bed. Finishing her night routine she checked her phone once more to see no new messages. Shrugging it off the girl climbed into bed and eventually ended up drifting into a deep sleep hoping that tomorrow would be less crazy then today.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.1K 454 58
After losing her adoptive parents, she gets adopted by some distant relatives of said adoptive parents. They lived in the town of Mystic Falls. Eve...
1.2K 29 12
Anastasia petrov has finally settled in Mystic Falls after escaping the red room. All she wants to do is find real love and friendship while helping...
4.6K 288 39
"Love is not true unless it's been tested." They met her a thousand years ago. She became like family to them and it hurt deeply when they lost her...