malicious | max verstappen

Galing kay broshutupffs

two aggressive drivers. one fight. what could go wrong? Higit pa

introduction
prologue.
one.
two.
three.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
eleven.
twelve.
thirteen.
fourteen.
fifteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.
eighteen.
nineteen.
twenty.
twenty one.
twenty two.
twenty three.
twenty four.
twenty five.
twenty six.
twenty seven.
twenty eight.
twenty nine.
thirty.
thirty one.
thirty two.
thirty three.
thirty four.
thirty five.
thiry six.
thirty seven.
thirty eight.
thirty nine.
forty.
forty one.
forty two.
forty three.
forty four.
fourty five.
fourty six.

ten.

6.4K 169 71
Galing kay broshutupffs

ELYSE's POV

It was time for the most anticipated race of the season.

It was time for the Monaco Grand Prix.

It was one of my personal favorite tracks since I won here two times before and they were one of my favorite moments in Formula One. I had high hopes for today's race considering I nailed each practice and snatched pole at the last second from non-other than Max. I was honestly hoping for a Grand Slam Weekend.

'Pipe Down' by Drake was playing through my headphones while I stretched. I had already taken about two Xanax pills by now and I was feeling rather calm but my pounding heart said otherwise.

I sat on the grass beside the start/finish line where my car was lined up. It was less than 10 minutes till the race started and I couldn't afford to loose focus. Especially on a track like this.

As I was bopping my head up and down to the music coursing through my ear drums, I could notice a cameraman filming me from the side and I could barely see him thanks to my peripheral vision.

I turned towards him and the camera and smiled whilw briefly waving at the camera, noticing my face was on one of the big screens. I decided to blow a kiss at the camera which made the cameraman seem happy with the footage he got ahold of and wandered around and continued filming other drivers. Once he was gone, I rested my head against the barrier, closing my eyes and going back into my focused space.

My engineer tapped me twice on my shoulder and nodded his head at my car, indicating it was nearly time for lights out. So, I got in, got strapped and secured and before I knew it. All 20 supercars were zooming around the track.

I had a great start, I glided through lap one gracefully without a scratch. Next lap was a yellow flag and a safety car was deployed while marshals cleared out the debris and escorted two crashed cars off the track.

By lap five, we were back to racing. I managed to put a large gap between me and Verstappen, 6.32 seconds to be exact.

It was when it was time to pit under where everything went to shit.

COMMENTOR's POV

"And look who's entering the pits now!" Crofty grabbed the watcher's attention, "Garcia and Verstappen enter the pits. It seems both their hard tires have worn out after 31 laps of extreme pushing down the streets of Monaco."

"Yeah, at this point it's a race of who's got the fastest pitstop." Martin commented as they sat on the edge of their seats to see who would be a split second faster.

Verstappen's tires were changed in under two seconds while Elyse was stuck in place as she watched the mechanics stress over a missing tire someone appeared to have forgotten.

"Are you seeing what I'm seeing now, Martin?" Crofty asked Martine as they watched chaos erupt im the Mercedes' garage with wide jaws, "This is a repeat of Monaco 2016."

"For the second time this season already, Mercedes' have ruined Elyse Garcia's race."

ELYSE's POV

I was a sitting duck while I shook my head as the mechanics ran around to grab the missing tire they so magically forgot. As if this car was some tractor with three wheels only.

Finally, after a good 20 seconds were wasted, I was released and found myself back in P12. I couldn't even bother to curse on the radio as I usually did. I was that mad, it made me stop talking.

So, I spent the next 20 laps pushing till I reached P4. Overtaking was a bitch and a frustrating thing to do here in Monaco but nevertheless I did it.

I was trailing behind Lewis' car, pressuring him and getting deadly close the barriers as I neared each corner. I was that desperate to gain time to close the gap and I didn't spare anyone.

I picked up some DRS on the main straight as we neared the front/finish line and managed to easily glide past Lewis and focussing on my next target; Lando.

Unfortunately for me, the top 3 were well over 12 seconds ahead and I had 15 more laps to catch them. My tires were starting to become slippery and I could feel the grip on them slowly wear off as I finished each lap.

By lap 70 of 78, I was all over Lando's rear. I pulled the same trick on him as I did with Lewis and passed him using DRS.

Finally, after an eternity, I was back in the podium slots. And it didn't feel good.

I tightened my grip on the wheels as if it would stop the car from loosing control after I nearly lost it and crashed into a barrier. This caused me to loose a bunch of time which gave Lando the perfect opportunity to catch up with me after I barely widened the gap between the two of us.

I passed the checkered flag, wanting to leave this place and lock myself in my hotel room and never come out again.

I parked the car in the third place slot, watching Max jump into the arms of his team as they yelled and celebrated, as well as Carlos who scored second.

I got out of the car, my helmet staying on as I was pretty sure I had blood-shot eyes. I patted Carlos on the back and have him a hug, congratulating him while giving Max a small nod as I passed by him— not bothering to celebrate since there was nothing to celebrate.

Hailey had to drag me to the podium ceremony after I had locked myself in the driver's room for a while. I only went because my mom told me she'd get sad if she didn't see me up there.

I'm pretty sure I was frowning the whole time I was on that stage despite Carlos' tries in cheering me up by showering me with champagne. But the celebrating drink felt like poison sticking onto me, when it was supposed to be victory I was feeling— but that wasn't the case.

I was dragged to the interview pin, against my own will and found myself standing in-front of an interviewer.

"Hello, Elyse. I bet that wasn't how you imagined the race going like, huh?" The interviewer started and I pressed my lips into a line before nodding. "So, tell us how you're feeling?"

"Like I wanna go home." I replied which earned me a hard nudge from Hailey who was standing beside me, letting me know what I said wasn't ideal. But I already knew that.

"Some sources say you locked yourself in your room and refused to go out and celebrate, why's that considering your incredible comeback?" She asked, "Isn't that something to celebrate?"

"There was nothing to celebrate." I shrugged, "I started from pole and ended in third, it doesn't matter what comeback I had or didn't have. Instead of winning like I was supposed to, I dropped back."

"Yeah, but it wasn't your fault, was it?" she tried to reason.

"As a team, any mistake we do, we all bear the consequences. Doesn't matter if it wasn't my fault directly, we all share the same responsibilities and face the same consequences. But we will make sure nothing like this will ever happen again." I could feel Hailey's smile widen at my answer.

"Do you think if Mercedes' continue messing up your races, your relationship with them will begin to strain?" she asked a question I was honestly not expecting and after she noticeably noticed my surprised expression she elaborated, "Fans have been speculating that this has already happened after last race's incident or it will happen in the future."

"Well, I'd like to dismiss all those speculations because they're nothing but bull." I started, "I love Mercedes' and always will. They're like my home and family so a few difficulties on our journey together won't 'strain' our relationship that has been built on years of teamwork through ups and downs."

The reporter nodded her head, obviously satisfied with my answer. "Well, thank you for your time. Make sure to pass by your buddy Daniel Ricciardo to give you some advice on how to move on from a rob like this."

I chuckled at her enthusiasm and nodded as Hailey pointed me towards another reporter. I was thankful that I have finally established some respect with the reporters, since when I first started Formula One— it was nothing but slander and disrespect.

Once I was done with these stupid interviews, I packed my bag and searched for my mom in hopes of leaving the paddock. I couldn't find her anywhere in the Mercedes' garage so I started going around the paddock. It started raining so I lifted my hoodie up as I went around each garage on a scavenger hunt by myself.

To my surprise, I found her hanging out by the Ferrari garage with Isa, Carlos' girlfriend who I also considered one of my close friends.

"Hi, Isa! I didn't know you were coming this weekend." I sneaked up behind her wrapping her into a hug.

"I came yesterday at night. My flight got delayed I was supposed to be here for the whole weekend but I was glad to make it." Isa explained to me, "Congratulations or not-congratulations on the race. I can't tell if it's a good result or not for you, knowing how much of a perfectionist you are and everything."

Both my mom and I laughed at her statement and I replied, "No, it's definitely a loss. I wanna get out of here, anyways."

"We should totally have a girl's night! Charlotte is here and I think Carmen and Kelly are here too." Isa suggested.

I cringed at the mention of Kelly's name. Since Max and I hated each other and he probably complained about me to her about a billion times, I've come to notice that I'm not the fondest person Kelly tolerates.

"C'mon! I'll let one of the girls keep her occupied the whole night incase she bothers you." Isa whined as my mom gave me a stern look telling me to go.

I reluctantly sighed, "Fine, just for you."

Isa squealed, "We'll all get ready together at my room, room 217. 6 o'clock sharp."

Then she skipped off to wherever Carlos was while I finally grabbed my mom and left the place.

I did as Isa told me, I was at her room door at 6 sharp and there was already loud music coming from the inside.

The door opened, revealing Isa and a couple of the girls who were all hurdled around the vanity, applying makeup and doing their hair. Thankfully Kelly was yet to come so that was a relief.

"I was starting to doubt that you'd come." Isa hugged me and pulled me into the room where I was greeted by Charlotte, Carmen and Lily.

"Let's make you one hell of a hot bitch tonight, even though you usually are one." Lily dragged me to the bathroom since it was less crowded than the vanity.

Eventually, after a whole 2 hours of all of us getting ready. Kelly had come long ago but as Isa promised, Carmen was busy eating her ear out just so that incase Kelly had something to say to me, she wouldn't have the chance to ruin the night for me or for anyone for that matter. Anyways, all of us were looking extra hot and after a few pre-party shots. I was feeling rather loose and ready to party which was really unlike me.

We arrived to Jimmy'z and everyone was already buzzing. There were loads of celebrities and other athletes flooding the place, it started to get really overwhelming for me. But, it was nothing a few shots couldn't fix.

More like a bunch of shots.

I was already at the dance-floor to everyone's surprise as Isa, Charlotte and I danced like we previously had a dancing career in-front of everyone. That was until Carlos and Charles guided their girlfriends off the dance-floor leaving lonely and single me alone.

It didn't really bother me until I spotted Neymar.

"Ney!" I bumped into me, making his smile widen as he spotted me.

"Ellie! What's up?" He asked me.

"I feeling like shit so I'm drowning in alcohol." I shrugged.

"Yeah I watched the race, tough luck." He frowned, "You could've won it, I'm sure of it."

"Yeah, I know that. But thanks for boosting my ego." I sassily accepted his compliment but honestly it was the alcohol talking.

"Damn, chica, it seems the alcohol upped your confidence level." He joked and I simply rolled my eyes and before I knew it some girl was obsessing over him so I took it as my cue to leave despite his widened eyes calling for help. I'm sure he likes the attention, anyways.

For the most of the night, I couldn't help but feel extremely single since all the drivers had their arms around their girlfriends or sticking beside them or making out of whatever the hell couples do.

It was just me and Lando dissing each couple we see as we poured another drink for ourselves by the bar, obviously sulking about our single lives.

"Look at that dude over there!" I exclaimed, "He's eating the poor girl's mouth, let her breathe!"

Lando snorted, "I'm pretty sure they're just making out."

I stared at the couple for a bit before my mind started to register that they were indeed making out, "How am I that stupid to not notice they're making out?"

I groaned and threw myself at one of the booths, tired of the long stools we were sitting on.

He took a seat next to me, "Or maybe you haven't made out with anyone recently. Maybe you're that single."

"Look who's talking, child." I rolled my eyes at him.

"Hey! Don't insult my love life, just because I haven't had a girlfriend in a long while—"

"You mean never, but yeah continue."

It was Lando's turn to roll his eyes but nonetheless he continued, "As I was saying— just because I haven't had a girlfriend in a while, doesn't mean I haven't made out or had sex."

I cringed, "First of all, I don't wanna know about your non-existent sex life and second of all, I find the probability of you doing anything with a woman the same probability of the Sahara Desert turning into a forest."

Lando's jaw flew open at my insult, "Is this a roasting party or what? Who hurt you?"

I shrugged, "Nobody. I just enjoy being right."

"Well you're not. And your dig at me for not having a sex-life is really not cool." Lando frowned, "It's not like I ever saw you with someone before."

"That's because I haven't been with anyone and I'm not immature and can just admit it." I stated a matter of fact.

"I wouldn't ever admit that to anyone, damn El." Lando seemed surprise, "And I mean what the hell? You're telling me you haven't been asked out or kissed or anything? Since when?"

"I've been kissed once yes and asked out a bunch but never accepted." The alcohol was starting to talk now. Normally, I'd never even engage in a conversation like this. But here I was, making stupid drunk decisions. "Ever since I was eighteen."

"6 years?! Are you mental?" Lando shrieked, "That's so long ago. Are you secretly gay or something?"

I snorted, "No, how does me not having a boyfriend even suggest that?"

"You never know!" Lando raised his hands in surrender, "But what the hell? What could have possibly happened for you to never bother to find a partner or do anything for 6 whole years?"

I frowned immediately realizing I might have gone too far in this very weird conversation, "None of your concern."

"Oh c'mon! Don't leave me hanging!" he whined, "What? Did the guy accidentally pee or something? Give me anything!"

I scrunched my eyebrows at his absurd speculation, "Lando, seriously stop. Just drop it."

"But—"

"You know what, I'll go find someone else to sulk around with since you're clearly done for tonight." I motioned to the nearly empty bottle he had beside him.

Before he could say anything, I started walking away. I didn't really mean to lash out on Lando, I just started to gain common sense and noticed how wrong and stupid our conversation was. It had to end at some point. I was sure Lando wasn't going to remember a thing since he's a really light drinker.

My mood dampened as I spotted my father, who hadn't attended the race, hanging out with a bunch of his old Formula One buddies who lived in Monaco and decided to party— despite their old age.

I rushed to the bar and ordered a bottle of vodka and didn't even bother to take the glass the bartender offered me and started drinking directly from the bottle.

The bartender seemed surprised, hell I surprised myself. I wasn't much of a drinker— atleast not anymore. I used to be very reckless with my drinking and it nearly cost me my seat once. But all thanks to my promise to Lewis of quitting all my bad habits, I cut back on drinking. A-lot.

After downing the bottle, I had no idea about what to do. I didn't wanna go dampen anyone's mood for my troubles and I'd really rather not ruin someone else's day. It was enough that the universe seemed to hate me today. Leaving and going back to my hotel wasn't an option since I wouldn't do anything but have my thoughts kill me alive in the silence.

I decided to head to the bathroom to somewhat regain myself— but I knew that wasn't the case.

As I was heading there, I got my nearly dead phone out and decided to text my mom.

me:
hi mama
what are u doing now?

Almost instantly, three bubbles started to appear but before I could take a look at her reply— a fucking boulder bumped into me, making me drop my phone face-first onto the floor. I looked up to see who it was, and to my amazing luck...

"Watch where you're going, Garcia." Max snapped.

"How about you watch your tone, Verstappen?" I bit back, with a very insincere smile on my face as I picked my phone off the floor.

And to nobody's surprise, the screen was cracked. "Why would you look at that? Aren't I the luckiest person alive?" I asked, sarcastically. "Now get out of my way, Max."

A smile formed on his face and I furrowed my eyebrows at him, trying to understand why the hell this guy was smiling mid argument.

"It's fun seeing you nail being a sore loser." He cheekily explained. "What a sight."

"You know that not everything revolves around you, yeah?"

"Then would you mind explaining why you look like you're about to have a meltdown?" He crossed his arms in-front of his chest, revealing his biceps.

"Pff, you think I'd have a meltdown over you?" I chuckled. "In your dreams, golden boy."

With that, I continued my walk towards the bathroom not before making sure my shoulder hits Max's.

When I finally reached the bathroom, I locked myself in a stall and opened the messages my mom sent me earlier despite my broken screen and my now scratched thumbs.

mami 🤎:
Come home now.
Your dad is at Jimmy'z and Russo is with him

My heart nearly stopped. I haven't seen my uncle ever since he traumatized me six years ago. What the hell was my dad doing bringing him here?

I left the bathroom and started searching for Lewis, Carlos or Daniel anywhere since they're the only ones who knew how urgent this was for me. But I had no luck. Carlos probably went home with Isa and knowing Lewis and Daniel— they definitely were with some girl right now.

My only hope now was ordering an Uber so I went outside and as soon as I tried to open my phone, it was dead.

"Fuck!" I gripped my phone strongly to prevent myself from throwing it and breaking it for good.

"What seems to be the problem, chica preciosa?" The haunting voice of my uncle made goosebumps rise all over my body. "Running away from me?"

I thought I was somewhat over what this guy did to me. I thought that, despite how hard it was, I forgot all about him. I thought less of him and he didn't haunt me in my dreams as much. I thought I had made progress but here he was again. Demolishing all the progress I had built over the years with just a few words and being around me.

I tensed, speechless and shaking. I had no idea what to do. I had nothing to protect myself, I had nobody to protect me. Nothing.

"What are you doing here?" I was able to muster.

"Isn't this a surprise?" He laughed, "Your father is very disappointed in you. Do you know what that means?"

I gulped, tears fogging my vision.

"He wants you to be punished." The man had the audacity to pout. "I mean, you were doing so well all those years ago— what's happening to you now?"

"Leave me alone." I shook my head, ignoring everything he's saying. I started backing up, making him walk closer towards me.

I knew I was royally fucked once my back hit the wall.

"Uh-uh, you have nowhere to go now." He tucked a strand of my hair behind my ears, sending shivers down my spine. "Just accept your fate, Elyse."

His breathe on my skin felt sickening, tears started to spill and I was trying to hard to stay strong.

The instant his hand touched my bare shoulder, I took it and used it to punch him in the face. I made sure to make work of my legs and kick him where the sun doesn't shine making him groan and curse me out then I started to run back into the club in hopes of finding someone to stay with.

Many shoulders kept colliding with mine until one nearly made me trip. And ofcourse, it had to be Max. What was the deal with his huge ass shoulders?

"Woah, did I make you cry?" Max muffled his chuckle as he observed my smudged mascara, "Gee, I didn't mean to—"

I couldn't help but slap him on the face, making many eyes snap towards us. Including my uncle who apparently had followed me back into the club. My eyes widened at him and without thinking, I dragged Max with me since he was the only person I knew at the moment and I couldn't be alone.

"Are you crazy? You slap me and drag me around like I'm some dog?!" He yells over the music as I pulled him near the back exit.

I ignored his yelling and finally stopped, "You need to take me home."

Max looked like he was about to get a seizure from confusion.

"I'm serious. You've sober enough and have a car and stay at the same hotel. I have to leave now."

"I won't leave my girlfriend here because you, out of all people, want me to drive you to the hotel."

"I literally saw her leave half an hour ago, don't bullshit me." I stated, "Please, Max, I'll literally never ask you for anything ever again. I owe you one, fine?"

"You still slapped me in-front of everyone." He argued.

It was almost like an instinct so I slapped him again, this time nobody was alerted.

"I'm not playing with you." I curled my fists together, "Why are you so difficult?! Just drive us to the hotel! No more drivers are here except for the old ones, the party is over."

He sighed and started walking out the back door and into the parking lot where his Honda NSX was parked. I got into the car begrudgingly but thankful to get away from the monster inside there. Scratch that, I was thankful to get away from the monsters in there.

He started driving and it was silent until he had to break the silence, "Now could you do me the favor of explaining why you're in such a rush to get back?"

"None of your business." I didn't bother to look at him as I watched the streets of Monaco through the window.

"Didn't you say you owe me one?" he raised his eyebrows at me, "So, you owe me an explanation."

"I was trying to get away from someone, happy?" I half-admitted. I wasn't going to tell my worst enemy my biggest weaknesses and trauma.

"Both you and me now that's not it. Who could you possibly run away from? Shouldn't it be the other way around, it a surprise everyone doesn't run away from you."

My nails dug deeper into my skin, "Do you want to get slapped again?"

"I don't care. There's nobody to see and it doesn't even hurt." He shrugged nonchalantly making my blood boil.

"You're such an asshole. I regret ever asking you for a ride."

The car screeched and aggressively came to a halt.

"Then, get out."

I looked at him in disbelief, "Are you fucking kidding?"

"Don't you regret asking me for a ride? So why bother even give you one."

"You'll seriously leave me drunk and stranded at 3 in the morning, with a dead phone in the middle of nowhere?"

"Yup, find your way back on your own." He reached above my legs, slightly brushing his arms against it as he opened the door from my side, "Now get out."

"I can't." I admitted, my eyes shut in shame.

"What do you mean you 'cant'? Don't you have legs? Use them."

I took a deep breath as I ignored his efforts at riling me up.

"If you leave me here," I started to explain with a voice as loud as a whisper, my eyes still sealed shut, "the guy I was running away from will find me and... hurt me."

I didn't open my eyes until I heard Max say, "Shut the door."

I did as he said and we continued the whole car ride in silence. I was grateful for it but it also made me feel so vulnerable and weak in-front of the person I despised the most. I'd never want him out of everyone to see me that way.

As soon as he parked the car, I thanked him for the ride and rushed to my room.

As soon as I opened the door, I was engulfed in a death-crushing hug from my mother who looked like she was about to burst into tears at any moment due to stress.

"Oh, cara mia, I was so worried." The shaking voice of my mom made me guilty for putting her under all that stress. "Did anything happen?"

"He tried to... but I ran away." I confessed, not giving more details since I didn't want to talk about it. "But I'm fine now."

"Who took you home?"

I glared at her before hesitating, "Max."

"Verstappen?!" Her jaw flew open, "Does he know?"

"Mom!" I whined at her pressuring this topic but she continued to press me for answers, "I didn't tell him everything. Just enough so he would stop arguing with me."

"I know you're going to overthink this too much, just come sleep in my arms and forget today ever happened." She pulled me to her queen sized bed and shut all lights except for the lamp on the bedside, knowing that the dark isn't my favorite thing ever.

And in the end, I slept better than I could've ever slept after everything that happened this cursed day.

-

A LONG CHAPTER FOR U FOLKS! sorry for the wait i had finals then i was busy going out after not going out for an entire month 😵‍💫

anyways..  HOW THE HELL DOES THIS BOOK ALREADY HAVE 3K VIEWS????? IM TRULY SPEECHLESS THANK U ALL SOSOSOSO MUCH 🤍

i'll try to update the next chapter as soon as possible but for now i hope u enjoyed this messy and very random chapter idk where i was going with this but yeah :) love u all

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

558K 16K 59
The past and the present. Then and now. Hate and love. Or was there never hate and only just love? -- This isn't just a typical story, this is a st...
8.6K 121 9
A collection of one shot of this amazing pair . Missing you>_< Hope you enjoy
359K 8.1K 50
~ '𝐇𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐭 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐢𝐦, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐚 𝐟𝐥𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐡𝐞𝐫' ~ ❝You know I'll w...
379K 5.8K 40
Slipping down a dark path can be pretty self-destructive. Especially when you can't come out. "I need you, Charles... I need you now". ---- Disclai...