thirty five.

MAX's POV

I think I'm in love with Elyse Garcia.

Not just 'starting to fall in love' with her. I already fell along time ago.

Ever since the two of us said that to each other, it hasn't left my mind. Not one bit. I knew how I've been truly feeling all this time, but now I realized what it actually meant.

I was in love.

I couldn't believe myself when I came to that conclusion. How can someone like me ever be in love? Let alone be loved by someone else?

During the one-week-break period, the only person I could think of was her. It was like she was living in my brain rent free and I couldn't kick her out.

I didn't want to.

But it felt like torture not being able to look at her, have her beside me, wake up next to her or even have a whiff of her perfume.

One day it got so bad, I had to ask her what perfume she uses, bought it and sprayed it all over my house. Just to feel like she was here, with me. Just to feel somewhat complete without her.

However it only made it worse, making me miss her even more and more.

It wasn't until when we were in Australia that I was finally able to see her. We formally met in the airport  early in the morning and then reunited another time at night to catch up... on some lessons.

As each minute passed by with her, my heart got heavier and heavier. Filled with love. I've never felt this way with anyone but her and I didn't want to  lose this feeling. Ever.

While we were cuddling on the bed, with the television playing in the background, she suddenly turned to me and asked, "Can I ask you a question?"

My heart skipped a beat, "Sure, anything."

"What are we?" She questioned and I was left dumbfounded. I had no idea.

"Uh, I don't know." I admitted, "We can be whatever you want us to be."

"No, I don't want to decide." She said. "I want to know what are we."

I thought about it for a while, "Well, I mean.. we are friends. Just friends who happen to be attracted to each other and like to be a little more intimate than usual?"

"Friends with benefits?" She inquired.

"Yeah, that." I nodded. "But we don't have to label anything, you know? At least not yet."

She furrowed her eyebrows but nodded nonetheless.

"Do you not agree?" I asked her.

"No. Well, yes. I don't know." She huffed. "It's just weird."

"What's weird?"

"The whole friends with benefits thing." She told me, "I've never had something like this with anyone before."

"You don't like it?"

"No, no. I do. But it's just a weird concept for me."

I still didn't get her, but I just nodded, wanting this awkward conversation to end. Thankfully, though, she quickly turned back into her usual cheeky self, planting a kiss on my cheek before returning her attention back to the show we were watching. Although I could barely focus on the show when a literal goddess was laying on my chest.

I'm so fucked.

-

ELYSE's POV