forty one.

(thank you so much issasidk for suggesting this idea! this chapter will be a little different than the rest, so sit back and grab ur popcorn cuz this is a loooong one & i hope u enjoy!)

recommended songs to listen to while reading:
-resonance by home
-memories by leadwave
-love me again by john newman
-...ready for it? by taylor swift
-gilded lily by cults
-brazil by declan mckenna
-softcore by the neighborhood
-vigilante shit by taylor swift
-strangers by kenya grace
-chemtrails over the country club by lana del rey
-shootout by izzamuzzic
-daddy issues by the neighborhood
-FASHION by britney manson
-unfair by the neighborhood
-je te laisserai des mots by patrick watson
-jungle by emma louise
-gilded lily by cults
-privilege by the weeknd
-talk by yeat
-mount everest by labrinth
-dancing queen by ABBA
-slipping through my fingers by ABBA
-skyfall by adele
-winner takes it all by ABBA

also, to make things clear:
italics: real moment
normal: story telling
bold: interviewer's question

-

NETFLIX: DOCUMENTARY

Elyse Garcia: The Black Swan
Released: 28th of December, 2021

Watch Now!

-

It starts off with Elyse walking into frame as she took a seat in a room with a dark background, similar to the one in Drive to Survive, and politely smiled at the interviewer, who was out of frame.

"If you wouldn't mind, please introduce yourself."

Elyse smiled, "My name is Elyse Garcia. I'm from Spain and I'm 24 years old. I'm a Formula One driver."

Clips of younger Elyse in karting and Formula 4 and 3 flash across the screen. Each clip involves her crossing the finish line in first. The series of clips end with a picture of young Elyse and Marco Garcia fixing a kart together.

"Did you choose Formula One because you felt like you had to considering your father's success in the sport, or was it something you genuinely had a passion for?"

She visibly tensed at the mention of the four-time world champion. "Of course my father had a huge influence on my choice. My mom and I would always accompany him during his races and even as a little child, when I saw and heard those cars I fell in love." She explained, "Maybe it's something in my genes, but even the first time I ever got into a kart I just knew it was what I wanted."

"Well, how was it like growing up?"

Very poor quality videos of a child wearing a pink helmet and driving in a pink kart started playing, then another one followed. This time, it was a 7-year-old Elyse with hands and a face covered in ashes and black dust.

A small date that read '27/9/2004' was written on the side.

The motherly voice of Talia Gomez cooed, "Lyly, did you go and help daddy with the kart again?"