four.

«•»

ELYSE'S POV

Before I knew it, we were back in Italy.

Today we had quali and I was feeling confident as the car felt phenomenal in practice and I was the quickest in each practice. But practice meant nothing, it's all about quali and the race.

5 minutes before I had to get into my black car and be the best out there. I could feel my father's intense gaze staring at me intently. I just wanted to prove him wrong.

Hailey was giving me one of her helpful and usual motivational speeches she always gave me before I entered the car whether it was for practice or a race. And she always had different things to say so I didn't have to listen to the same speeches every time. She's truly one of a kind.

Thomas interrupted mine and Haley's conversation ushering me to get into the car as Q1 was about start.

And just like that, I was out and zooming on the track. Thanks to the countless hours on the simulator, I knew this track better than my name.

After two laps of warming the tyres up, I started to push. Making sure to go into corners smoothly and avoid any curbs, with some corners having me break late and just doing the best I possibly could with the car.

"1:14.768, amazing job Ellie!" Thomas informed me. "We don't think your time will be beaten based on other times, but you can do one more lap and box."

"Fucking yes." I just grinned, like I never have before even though nobody could see.

I did as told and went for one more lap and rolled back into the garage. I was met with many pats on the backs and words of encouragement.

I looked at the area where my dad was sitting, still with a frown on his face.

Of course he's not impressed yet, it's still Q1, Ellie. What are you getting so hyped about? Are you a rookie or something? Get your head in the game.

As Thomas said, nobody beat my time for Q1 with KIMI RAIKKONEN, ANTONIO GIOVINAZZI, MICK SCHUMACHER, NIKITA MAZEPIN and YUKI TSUNODA out of Q1.

I was one of the last cars to go out in Q2. Lewis and Sergio were the fastest out of the rest so far. My first flying lap brought me up to 3rd place only so I attempted for another lap.

"Beautiful lap, Ellie. 1.14.720. Two hundredths of a second off of perez in first." Thomas's voice echoed through my ears. "Come back to the pits now."

"Copy."

By the time I was back in the garage, Q2 had ended and I was easily through Q3.

Now it was just me, Lewis, Sergio, Verstappen, Leclerc, Pierre, Daniel, Lando, Ocon and Stroll battling for the best possible position. Which for me: it was pole.

Once again, I was one of the last cars to exit the pits— the time I needed to beat was 1:13.5 which was set by Lewis. There were just around 10 minutes till the session was over so I had a very limited amount of shots.

I warmed my soft tyres and once I crossed the start/finish line, my feet pushed on the accelerator like never before.

I knew for a fact my mother was watching, so I wanted to make this worth it. just for her.