twelve.

MAX's POV

Today was the first day of 'fixing' Elyse and I's relationship training. We wouldn't be meeting up till the evening and I was currently having a few drinks with Daniel, Lando and Scotty to pass the time.

"I can't believe our teams are actually putting us through this." I complained for the millionth time ever since we were told the news.

Daniel sighed frustratingly, "I've heard the same exact words come out of both you and Elyse's mouth for more times than I could count. I swear the two of you are complete angels with everyone but each other."

"Yeah," Lando agreed, "I mean we pick fights with each other 99% of the time but she's not a villain. Same thing with you. You two never bothered to even know each other before deciding to hate each other."

I huffed and looked away, I didn't believe a word they said. I mean, I know she acted like an angel with everyone but that didn't mean she'll do the same to me. It wasn't like I was planning on being 'a sweet little angel' towards her either.

"But hey," Scotty elbowed me, "maybe you two realize you're more alike than you think. Rivals into besties? I'd like to see that happen."

I scoffed, "Yeah, I'd have to be insane for that to ever happen."

Eventually, I left the three of them and got to my hotel room to get ready. Apparently our PR managers set us for a touristic tour through Budapest. According to Elyse's manager, it's a good way to let the public know we've overcome our problems and are starting to warm up to each other, her words not mine.

I reluctantly got ready, not having a glimpse of hope this evening will fix anything.

ELYSE's POV

I hated every minute I got ready and put an ounce of effort into getting ready to see Max. We were supposed to go and visit the sights of Budapest as if I hadn't visited them the first few times I've come here— but, no, everything's just for show.

dutch (dumb) fuck:
i'm waiting in the lobby
hurry up

I didn't bother to reply to his messages and finished up my make up as slow as possible. I was wearing a white Diesel top and skirt with ruffled, tying my hair into a slicked back braid. I decided to wear my converses since we'd be walking a lot today.

The elevator opened revealing the nearly empty lobby and an annoyed Max Verstappen sitting on one of the couches.

I walked past him without stopping while saying, "Hurry up."

He got up and started following me out of the hotel lobby where a bunch if fans were already waiting, per usual. Many gasps and questions were thrown at us about our rivalry and if we settled our differences as we pushed through the crowd. Eventually, security prevented any fans from following us or trampling us any further and that's when the awkward silence filled the air.

Max and I never willingly spent time together let alone know what to say to each other when we're not fighting.

We arrived to the Buda Castle and walked around it as I boredly huffed. To many other tourists who seemed to recognize and record us together I was feeling unbelievably bored.

"This is so boring." I whispered which grabbed Max's attention.

"This is as boring to me as it is to you." Max commented as he pretended to be fascinated by the building around us even though it's painfully obvious he'd been here before too.

"Honestly, I think we should ditch sight-seeing and do something else. I can't bare this boredom." I looked at Max as I leaned on a pilar.

"And what would that something be?" Max asked, crossing his arms around his chest as he faced me.