Battle of The Gods

By schumivale

read note below :) Team Principal Vs Team Principal Mercedes vs Ferrari Toto Wolff vs Alessandra Ferrari Aft... More

Uno
Uno.1
Due
Due.1
Tre
Quattro
Quattro.1
Cinque
Sei
Sei.1
Sette
Sette.1
Otto
Nove
Nove.1
Dieci
Dieci.1
Undici
Dodici
Dodici.1
Tredici
Quattordici
Quattordici.1
Quindici
Quindici.1
Sedici
Sedici.1
Sedici.2
Diciassette
Diciotto
Diciotto.1
Diciannove
Diciannove.1
Venti.1
Ventuno
Ventidue
Ventidue.1
Ventitré
Ventiquattro
Viva Las Vegas
Venticinque
Venticinque.1
Ventisei
Ventisette
Ventisette.1
Ventotto
Ventinove
Trenta
Trentuno
Trentadue
Winter Break Special
Trentatre
Trentaquattro
Trentacinque
Trentacinque.1
Trentasei
Trentasette
Trentotto
Trentotto.1
Trentanove
Quaranta
Quarantuno
Quarantadue
Quarantatre
Quarantatre.1
Quarantaquattro
Quarantacinque
Quarantasei
Quarantasette

Venti

2.5K 125 44
By schumivale

Had this chapter written for ages and I cannot believe it's finally out! We've got a new revelation, enjoy ;) x

°°°

Alessandra and her friends decided to have a relaxed day before having to prepare for the ball, also to nurse the killer hangover that accumulated them when they woke up. They met down at the lobby and headed to the main square, finding a coffee shop to get some breakfast from.

"Apart from waking up feeling like absolute shit," Max started after taking a sip from his coffee, "that place you took us last night was insane!"

"I don't think I've had so much fun during a night out like last night," Pierre said, "the place and the atmosphere was just amazing!"

"Yeah!" Carlos beamed, putting his arm around Isa's chair, "how did everyone know that choreography to that song?"

"When that song was released a few years ago it was a huge hit in Venice," Alessandra started after she took a bit of her piadina, "during carnival, everyone would be in the middle of the square dancing to it, and somehow created a choreography that everyone knows. I'm happy it's still popular and that they play it in bars!"

"Were you okay after it though?" Mick asked, giving his friend a concerned look, "I know you left for a while after, but I was too drunk to actually comprehend that moment, and I feel really bad about it."

"I was fine, don't feel bad about it, I just needed some air," she smiled, squeezing the German's hand, "although," she muttered, "I did end up talking to Toto whilst I was out there."

"Wait, what?" Charles asked, turning his body to look at her, "Where did you see him?"

"He was out on a walk and passed through where I was having a smoke," she explained, "he said he liked walking through Venice late at night."

"What did you guys talk about?" Max asked, quirking an eyebrow at her which she rolled her eyes to.

"Phantom of the opera cause I was humming one of the songs," she shrugged, "and the ball." She wasn't going to go into detail about other things that were said, especially that she told him that she was feeling hot for more than one reasons, which she still wanted to slap herself for. "Anyway, I've booked us lunch at this beautiful restaurant by the grand canal, we've got to take a ride on a gondola to get to it!"

"That sounds amazing!" Kelly beamed, "Gondolas are so romantic!" Isa nodded in agreement, commenting how she's looking forward to the gondola ride with Carlos.

"We're taking one together, right?" Charles asked Alessandra and Mick, "because damn, I don't want to be a loner on a god damn romantic boat ride!"

"Looks like it," Mick chuckled, "unless Ale wants to take a boat ride with T-"

"One more word," Alessandra cut in, glaring at her German friend, "and I will throw you off the Gondola!" Mick put his hands up in surrender, frantically shaking his head, which got the others laughing.

And so that's how the group spent the day. They walked more around the city after breakfast, finding other spots they hadn't seen yesterday. Max laughed loudly when they spotted a store selling loads of Ferrari merchandise, getting the four people of the group affiliated with the team, and in Alessandra's case also the family, in front of the store and took a picture of them. They even entered the store, which got the employee and the three customers currently in the store almost bursting into tears as they offered to sign a few pieces of merch.

They then went on the gondolas, the couples getting their own small boat whilst Mick, Alessandra and Charles rode together, earning jokes from Max about how single they were, which earned the Dutch three middle fingers and laughter from the gondolier when Alessandra swore at Max in Italian.

After a beautiful ride in the city's rivers and a tasty lunch with gorgeous views, the group went back to their hotel to rest. Alessandra was told by the receptionist that a box was delivered to her room from Luciano, which she instantly knew was her mask, and also had a gift from someone else, but they didn't tell her from who.

When she entered her room, she saw a white box, with a note from Luciano, thanking her for trusting him and his business to create a mask for her occasion. She almost bursted into tears when she opened the box and saw the black metal lace mask, covered in gold design and red gems. It was more than what she envisioned, and she couldn't wait to put it on.

She then saw a single rose lying on the bed, a black ribbon tied in a bow around the stem. Confused, she grabbed it, seeing if it had a note attached to it, but it didn't. She felt like she was in the Phantom of the Opera, when the Phantom would leave Christine a single rose with the same ribbon. She couldn't think of from who it was, but it clearly was from someone who knew her and her current love for the musical, so she didn't think much of it, placing it on the vanity.

After taking a needed nap, Alessandra woke up energised and excited for the ball, more than she would like to admit. She went out on the balcony of her room, night falling on the city, the moon glistening over the canal under her. She held onto the stone balcony as she leaned forward slightly, enjoying the feeling of the cool breeze hitting her face.

A while later she went back inside her room and jumped in the shower, realising that she didn't have much time left until she was supposed to meet the rest in the lobby. After she got washed, she dried her body and dressed herself in the hotel gown as she worked on curling and styling her long dark hair. She then did a bit of make up, making sure it would be protected when she put the mask over her face.

When she was done, she went back into her room and opened the garment bag that was hanging on the wardrobe, a wide smile making its way on her face when she gently took out the large ball gown, placing it on her bed. Her fingers trailed over the red and gold details over the black silk material, letting her finger linger when it fell on the prancing horses that were subtly incorporated in the design.

She slid on a pair of red lace thongs and stockings as she put her black So Kelly Louboutins by the side of her bed. She then slid on the dress, her legs entering the petticoat layer attached to the dress, making it puffier, just like she wanted, then her arms slid through the off shoulder straps, tucking her breasts under the sweetheart lining of the corset. She took a deep breathe as she grabbed the laces at the back of the corset and tugged on them, closing the dress and tied them in a neat bow. She slid on her heels and grabbed the mask as she made her way in front of the mirror, her already wide smile getting wider when she saw herself in the dress she's worked on for the past couple of weeks. She placed the mask against her face, tying the back of it without ruining her hair, the confidence she already had in the dress increased when she saw how the mask looked on her face, and with the dress.

Devil's in the details, they say. And oh, the devil was making quite the appearance.

After taking a few pictures, she tucked the invite and her phone in the hidden pocket of her dress, which she was proud of incorporating. She glanced at the rose, taking it in her hand for a moment, the feeling of being in her musical coming back, making her let out a sigh. She put it on the bed and made her way out of her room, her heels echoing against the floor as she made her way to the elevator, and down to the lobby.

"Oh my God!" Isa, Kika and Kelly squealed when they watched Alessandra walk out of the elevator, admiring how beautiful their friend looked in the dress. "You look absolutely stunning!"

"You guys look divine!" Alessandra gushed as she looked at the ladies, the Brazilian wearing a dark blue gown, the Portuguese in a blush pink gown, and the Spanish wearing a sage green gown with gold detailing, "save me a dance you guys, will ya?"

"As if you had to ask," Kelly scoffed.

Alessandra grinned widely at the boys, who looked devilishly handsome in their tux and masks, Max, Pierre and Carlos's bowties matching their girls's dresses, which she gushed about whilst the boys also complemented her as they went out to the water taxi that was waiting to take them to the square, as they weren't going to walk the whole way, especially the girls in their dresses and heels.

A whole ride of taking photos of each other and together later, the group were walking towards the venue. Alessandra had her arms linked around Charles and Mick as they walked behind the couples, making their way up the stairs covered in a red carpet. They showed the security their tickets before being allowed entry, gasping at the magnificent art work decorating the hallway they walked down as they were taken to the hall.

"This place is insane," Charles commented as his eyes wandered around the baroque art, "it's like a different version of the Casino in Monaco."

"Baroque art is beautiful," Alessandra said as they arrived in front of the open grand doors, getting a glimpse of the large chandelier hanging in the middle of the hall that was also decorated with more baroque art.

They were stopped in front of a board which had the FIA logos around the name of the party, taking pictures individually before Max had to stay to the side so the Ferrari team principal and her drivers could take pictures together. But she did manage to pull Max into a picture with the group, wanting Les Idiotes to have a picture to commemorate their evening.

She held onto Mick and Charles once more as they made their way down the grand staircase, her dress flowing behind her with every step she took. When they got to the last step, she looked around, trying to see if there was anyone she recognised under the masks as they made their way to the bar.

"The Goddess of the paddock is living up to her name tonight!" Alessandra turned her head at the voice that spoke, smiling when she saw the Australian with his gorgeous girlfriend by his side. She put her drink on the bar as she stepped closer, pulling him in a hug, "you look amazing, Ale!"

"You look great Daniboy!" Alessandra beamed as they let go, then wrapped her arms around Heidi, "you look beautiful, Heidi!"

"So do you!" She exclaimed, "you need to tell me where you got the dress!"

"She designed it!" Charles beamed proudly behind her, "along with a local seamstress in Maranello and the designers at Ferrari."

"No wonder it looks amazing," Heidi chuckled, "it's one of a kind! Which is perfect for a one of a kind person like Ale!"

"Oh stop," the Italian laughed, waving her hand, "you're getting me all flustered!"

As the group walked around the hall and mingled with people, Alessandra knew that she was getting looks about her dress, as it was a bit over the top compared to others, but she didn't care. She was living a childhood dream through this party and she knew that her 13 year old self would be so proud of her right now if she could see her. She also took the time to admire other people's dresses, and the masks they were wearing, some opting for a canvas half face mask with different designs, some with lace masks, some even having a mask with a long handle instead of one tied around their faces.

Alessandra was enjoying talking to people she didn't usually have time to have good chats with in the paddock, her favourite conversations being those with Nico Rosberg, who complained that the mask was itching his face but didn't want to take it off because he looked good in it, David Coulthard, who was more dancing the jive with her than talking, and with Mark Webber, who gave her a short dance and drank a couple rounds of whiskey with. She also got to catch up with Jean Todt and Michelle Yeoh, two people who were important for Alessandra in her upbringing, two people she considered family. She was almost put into tears as Jean told her what an amazing team principal she was and how well she was leading the team, going on to tell her that the way she's running the team reminds him of when he was team principal.

She was leaning against a column, a pornstar martini in her hand as she laughed along with stories Daniel was telling her, Mick and Max about driving the RB18 in the roads of Australia, holding his phone in front of them as he showed them footage that wasn't shown in the video. Alessandra's drink finished, and wanted another one, excusing herself after she asked if they wanted a drink, which they politely declined for now, before making her way to the bar and ordering another one.

She was starting to make her way back to her friends when the bartender gave her the drink, but stopped when she felt a tall presence behind her. His strong, captivating scent engulfed her, causing heat to rise up her body. She could feel him close behind her, even though they weren't touching, but she felt him as if they did, and it caused her heart rate to speed up. She had to put the drink on the bar, grabbing onto the marble counter top as a way to try and calm her sudden wave of hotness running through her veins.

"Are you the angel of formula one, tonight?" He asked in a low voice, causing goosebumps to rise on her bare arms, fighting the urge to lean her head back on his shoulder.

She took a deep breathe as she turned around, mentally preparing to see him with a plain mask and his tux, but her breathe hitched in her throat when her eyes fell on the mask he had on. At that moment she felt like she was sucked in the Phantom of the Opera, she was Christine, and he was the phantom, especially because he was wearing the exact same mask the phantom did, covering one side of his face. Though she knew that under that mask there was no monstrosity, there was the total opposite.

She well and truly hated how good he looked with that mask on, and the tux that fit his physique perfectly.

When Toto entered the hall, his eyes roamed around to find her. He stopped his steps when he got a glimpse of her as she chatted with Nico Rosberg, his eyes widening slightly at the dress she wore, different from any dress he has seen on other women tonight, who opted for tight fitted dresses. But hers was a traditional ball gown, wide under her waist, and he wanted to get a good look at her. That's why when he saw her heading to the bar, he knew that was his chance, and standing so close behind her, with the dress only separating them, looking down at her bare shoulders before she turned around, his heart skipping a beat when his eyes fell on her mask, then down to the exposed collar bone, stopping at her breasts under sweetheart neckline. His breathe was knocked out of his lungs at how beautiful she looked

"Are you-," she breathed out as she basically heard her blood pulsing at an abnormal rate through every vein in her body, "are you supposed to be the Phantom?"

"I mean I guess," he shrugged, the corner of his lips twitching up in a small smile"decided to opt for this mask, trying to be a bit different than the other men with boring masks."

"Nico's got one hell of a mask," she chuckled, trying to mask the sudden nervousness creeping on her, "and so does Mick, but that's because I've picked it out for him myself!"

"I'll have to take a look at it then," he said, taking her hand in his, raising it up to his face, "you look magnificent, Ms. Ferrari."

Alessandra felt waves of electricity run through her body when Toto placed his lips on the back of her hand, heat rising over her body once again, especially when he did not break the eye contact during the gesture, gaze hard on hers. He put her hand down between them, but still held it, rubbing the pad of his thumb over her knuckles.

"Thank you," she said, her voice above whisper, "you look handsome, Mr. Wolff."

"Thank you," he replied, giving her a smile, "would you like a drink?"

"I already have one," she chuckled, showing him the glass of pornstar martini in her other hand, which she then took a large sip off, needing the alcohol to calm her nerves and bring back her confidence.

"Let me get you another one then," he said, his eyes lowering at her, "consider it a drink from the Phantom to his angel of music, or in this case, the angel of Formula 1."

"And here I thought you hated musicals," she laughed as the two turned back towards the bar, after she gently retrieved her hand from his hold, his hand taking its place on the small of her back, "and yet here you are, dressed as the Phantom and quoting him!"

"Don't get too excited," he chuckled, shaking his head, "I'm not into musicals, but I happened to like that one!"

Alessandra then remembered about the rose she received from the mystery person, her mind connecting the dots as she looked up to Toto with wide eyes. "You sent me the rose!"

"I thought you didn't get it," he chuckled, "kind of a hint at which direction I was going with this whole masquerade thing."

"I should ask how you knew which hotel I was staying in," she laughed, shaking her head, "but I'm even more surprised that you're following the phantom's ways to a T."

"What can I say," he shrugged, "I'm as good as the Phantom." Alessandra felt her cheeks, and the rest of the body heat up, glancing at the floor for a moment as she gathered her confidence before looking up, a small smirk over her lips.

"Highly doubt you can sing," she shook her head, "at least not as good as the phantom."

"That, I can confirm," he laughed, shrugging his shoulders once more.

The group had reunited near the column Alessandra left when she went to get a drink, watching as their boss and friend was at the bar with their rival team principal after seeing him kiss the back of her hand, absolutely invested as they tried to lip read their conversation.

"Am I seeing things," Kelly started as she came back from the bathroom, "or is Toto dressed as the Phantom?"

"Phantom, as in the guy from Phantom of the Opera? That's how he looks" Charles asked, turning to the Brazilian, who nodded at him, "that's the musical Ale and Toto were invited too the week of Silverstone!"

"Wait what?" Pierre asked, feeling like he's missed a few chapters, "when did Alessandra and Toto go to see the phantom?!"

"And why did they go watch it together?" Kika then asked, "that's a very romantic musical, it its twisted ways!"

"The two were invited to see it when they had separate events in London the week of Silverstone," Mick explained to the couple, "they didn't even know that they were going to be there at the same time. Alessandra found out when he walked in the vip box of the theatre and she was already sat there."

"And Alessandra's been obsessed with the musical since," Max continued, "seems like Toto enjoyed it too, if he's wearing the same mask."

"Don't forget she said that they talked about it yesterday because he heard her hum it near the bar," Mick whispered as he leaned closer to the Monegasque, "what is he trying to do?"

"I don't know," Charles said, looking at the reserve driver, "but I hope Ale doesn't get hurt in the process."

"I won't lie," Heidi said, leaning her body against Daniel's as he wrapped his arm around her waist, "they do look great together, especially tonight."

"They'd make one hell of a power couple," Isa said, "if only they weren't rivals."

"How about we go and join them?" Max asked, earning confused and amused looks from the rest, "I'm in need of a refill." They agreed and walked to the other side of the hall, whilst commenting that Max is using the excuse of a refill just to be nosy, which earned them a middle finger from the Dutch.

"Oh, look who's decided to join us!" Toto exclaimed when he saw Alessandra's group of friends arrive at the bar from behind her shoulder, even though he was slightly annoyed that his moment alone with his rival was interrupted, "Evening, ladies and gents." Alessandra looked from her shoulder, rolling her eyes at the smug smiles the boys were giving her.

"Evening Toto," Max replied after ordering a round of drinks for everyone, "are you auditioning to perform in Phantom of the Opera?" Alessandra put her hand over her mouth, looking at Toto with wide eyes as she stiffled a laugh, whilst the others behind her were snickering.

"All that matters is that I look better than Christian," Toto replied, sending a wink to the Dutch.

"You've got that right," Alessandra muttered under her breathe, her eyes widening when she realised what had slipped out, not daring to look at Toto as she feared that he heard her.

Toto did in fact hear her, but decided not to comment on it, although he couldn't help the satisfactory grin that made its way on his face whilst Alessandra downed the drink she had in her hand. "Mask looks good on you, Mick," Toto said, looking at the German, "Alessandra told me she picked it out?"

"She did!" Mick beamed, grinning widely, "my best friend and dear boss has great taste!"

"She does indeed," The Austrian chuckled, glancing down at her, smirking slightly when he noticed her cheeks turning red. He placed his hand on her bare arm, which made her look up at him, giving her gentle squeeze and a smile, which she returned.

Carlos was glancing around as the group engaged in a conversation with the Mercedes team principal. He was about to focus on the conversation, but his eyes widened when they fell on a familiar figure at the top of the staircase, recognising her when she removed the handheld mask from in front of her face. He watched her lean on a male figure which he couldn't recognise with the mask he had on.

"Hey, isn't that Susie?" Carlos started, "and who's that with her?"

Everyone snapped their heads to where the Spanish driver was looking, eyes widening slightly as they watched the Director of F1 academy walk down the grand staircase, her hand wrapped around an arm of a man who looked unfamiliar at first. But jaws were dropped when they got a bit closer and the male became familiar, especially because they didn't know that Susie was with someone, let alone him.

"Holy shit," Max muttered, looking up at his rival team principal, "is that-"

"It seems to be that it is," Daniel said, looking at the couple as they greeted Stefano Domenicali, "I was not expecting this tonight."

"I think none of us did," Charles said, looking at Alessandra, who was glancing up at Toto.

Alessandra could feel Toto stiffen next to her when his eyes fell on his ex wife, entering the party holding onto the arm of James Vowles, team principal of Williams and ex Mercedes strategy director. His body language made the Italian realise that the divorce was messy from the way he was reacting, the arm that was grazing alongside hers was shaking. She looked at his face, and even from half of it being covered, she can tell that he was seething, steam about to come out of his ears. She could practically feel him become hot with rage.

She looked around the hall, seeing if there was anyway for him to escape for a bit. She let out a sigh of relief when she spotted two glass doors slightly open, leading to a garden. She looked back at Toto, placing her hand on his arm, which got him to detach his gaze from his ex wife, and onto the soft gaze of her blue ones.

"There's a garden outside those doors," she whispered when she leaned closer towards him, discreetly nodding her head in that direction. Toto gave her a confused look, which she elaborated to. "Get some air, cool off. Nothing good will come out if you go storming at Susie and James and make a scene in front of the whole Formula 1 world." Toto looked, and was, reluctant for a moment, looking at his ex-wife who hasn't noticed his presence before looking back down at Alessandra once more, her wide blue eyes looking up at him managing to calm him down a bit.

"Alright," he grumbled, nodding his head, "but meet me there in two minutes, with another drink. I need it." Alessandra let out a soft chuckle, nodding before the Austrian walked away, turning her head as she watched him navigate through the crowd, avoiding talking to people as much as he could before walking outside.

The group looked at Toto as he disappeared out to the garden before looking at their friend, who had turned towards the bar once more. They knew that this just got serious, and more personal for the Austrian, and they had a strong feeling that she was about to become involved in it, involuntarily.

"Are you actually heading out there with him?" Mick asked, raising an eyebrow at his best friend as she asked the bartender for a whiskey and a pink gin tonic. "This feels like it's too messy."

"I'm just going to make sure that a friend and colleague is okay and give him the drink he asked for," she shrugged, even though she knew that she was lying to herself a little as she knew that Mick had a point, "if he asked for some company to deal with whatever he went through with the divorce, why am I to say no? I mean if I asked for some company I wouldn't like to be turned down for it."

"I know you mean well, Ale, you have the biggest heart in the world," Charles said, placing his hand on her shoulder in comfort, "but you need to thread carefully. Cause if you're sucked in too deep and it becomes too personal, you won't be able to back out, and could potentially hurt your career."

"I know," she sighed, giving her friends a gentle smile, "but you know I'm best at keeping personal and professional far away from each other. So even if this turns into some sort of heart to heart, you know that nothing will change about the way I see him on track."

"That's our girl!" Max exclaimed, patting her shoulder, "devil works hard, but Alessandra Enzo Ferrari works harder!" She rolled her eyes, but gave her friends a wide grin before she took the drinks in her hands and started making her way outside.

"Alessandra?" The Italian stopped in the middle of the hall when a soft British accent called her name. She slowly turned around, her eyes widening slightly when she was met with Susie, and James next to her. Like Alessandra, he was also a new team principal, taking over Jos Capito's place, and she knew that this was probably one of his first big events to attend, like her, and if he was standing in front of her in a different scenario she would be chatting with him about how their rookie season as team principals was going. But it wasn't, because he was with Susie, and Alessandra is about to meet her ex husband in the garden to give him a drink. "I barely recognized you! Oh my, you look stunning!"

"Thank you, Susie, so do you," she smiled, even though she was feeling slightly awkward in the situation, which she really didn't understand because she wasn't involved in Susie and Toto's personal business, but somehow she felt like she was. She then turned to her colleague and rival, "How are you, James?"

"Good," the other Brit grinned, "and yourself?"

"Also good," Alessandra replied, wishing to get out of the conversation, but doesn't want to be rude either, "enjoying Venice?"

"Oh it's absolutely beautiful!" Susie beamed, her eyes gleaming up at James as she leaned in him a bit, "the gondola rides were spectacular, getting to see the city in a different way!"

"Having a good summer break?" James asked, glancing at his rival team principal.

"Yeah, it's been quite alright," she smiled, "I'm heading out for a bit of air, but it was nice seeing you both!" Susie gave her fellow female motorsport person a hug, which Alessandra felt a bit weird about but pushed it aside, hurrying her pace as she made it outside.

She looked around the large gardens as the cool breeze hit her skin, slowly walking down the stone steps, and over the cobblestone, fearing that her heels are going to end up stuck as she tried to find the Austrian.

She then found him sat on a bench in front of a fountain, with what looks to be Aphrodite standing in the middle, surrounded by angels. The trees around them were decorated with fairy lights, illuminating the fountain more. He looked up when he felt an all too familiar presence standing next to him, getting greeted by Alessandra with an extended arm, holding a glass of whiskey towards him.

"I bumped into Susie and James," she muttered as she arranged her dress before taking a seat on the bench next to him, the skirt of her dress taking up most of the space. She turned her head when he didn't reply, her eyes falling on his jaw, which clenched as he held the glass up to his lips, letting the strong liquid burn his throat.

"I want you to tell me your perspective of the Phantom," Alessandra's eyes widened in surprise at his request, ignoring what she had just told him. His low voice was not asking, but demanding it. Alessandra couldn't help the shaky laugh slipping out her lips as a shiver ran down her spine.

"Are we seriously doing this now?" She asked before sipping on her drink, "your ex wife is here with a man you've worked with for so many years and you're asking me about my perspective of the Phantom."

Toto turned his head to look at her, his dark eyes boring down into her blue ones, which shone brightly under the fairy lights, giving them an extra spark. "Yes." He replied nonchalantly, shrugging his shoulders, earning an eye roll from the Italian, but she decided to comply with his request.

"The Phantom grew up being tortured because of the deformity on his face, he probably didn't know what love was, or if he did he didn't know how to love properly," she said, getting off the stone bench. Toto's eyes followed her as she walked around the fountain, the long material dragging behind her, the lights illuminating the details on her dress. "He then knew of music, and realized he can love with music. And that was how he loved Christine, through his music. He also knew hatred, especially after everything he went through, and he didn't know how to control his anger, which caused Christine not to choose him at the end."

Alessandra stopped in front of Toto, leaning her body against the fountain, taking a deep breathe as she spent a moment listening to the droplets hitting the water at the bottom of the fountain. "He didn't know any better, but no one understood that."

"Would you have chosen the Phantom if you were in Christine's shoes?" Toto asked, looking up at her, "keeping in mind that you understood what he went through, unlike Christine and everyone else."

"I would've," Toto was surprised when she answered with no hesitation, and for some reason that answer made his heart beat faster, "because I know that being with the Phantom would give me something no man could ever give me, and I could help him love without hurting others, not giving up on him like everyone else did."

Toto was left speechless. He felt like he was seeing the passionate romantic side of her that he's never seen before. He's always seen her passionate for her team and her family, which he always admired. But seeing her passionate for love and romance fired up something in him, something he's not sure he ever felt before. He took this side of her in, because he knew that after tonight, her tough shell will be back on, and god knows when or if he'll ever see that side of her again.

Silence fell upon them, none of them moving from where they were. Alessandra was still leaning against the fountain, looking up at the dark sky, mesmerized by the full moon looking down at them, decorated with stars around it. Her glass was almost empty, sat on the fountain next to her. She was tempted to go in for another drink, but she didn't want to leave. She was enjoying the peace.

"I know it sounds cliché, but I had never expected Susie to cheat on me," Alessandra's head snapped down at Toto, her mouth open slightly as she looked at him in shock at what he just revealed, shocked that she was about to know the reason behind his divorce from the ex-driver and team principal, and current director of the program created for girls to race. "I had caught her when I had decided to surprise her by coming to one of the Formula E races when she was still team principal. I didn't bother seeing who it was, I didn't have this rage in me like you see in movies when one catches the spouse cheating. I just left and flew back to Monaco without another word, and then sent her the divorce papers."

"I didn't care about who she cheated on me with, or if she was still seeing him after we finalized the divorce, but someone from Brackley had told me that it was James, and they were still together," he continued, averting his gaze from the beautiful Italian looking down at him with concern, "I don't care who she dates, but her appearing with him tonight, all smiles as if she didn't break my heart into pieces when I gave her everything I had to offer and promised her that I would drop everything related to formula 1 if she asked me to, made me angry." He was breathing heavily through his nostrils as he paused, running a hand through his hair aggressively, "the funny thing about it all is that I'm not angry because I'm jealous," he sighed, looking down at his lap as he ran an aggressive hand through his hair "I'm angry because she's flaunting the man she cheated on me with whilst I got called a womanizer and accused of cheating and breaking my family apart when we announced the divorce."

Alessandra was stunned with everything she just heard. She knew about the rumours roaming around the paddock when him and Susie publicly announced the divorce, whispers about Toto cheating on his talented and amazing wife with some model in Monaco, or that he divorced her because his fragile ego couldn't handle his wife's success. She had also read comments all over social media saying similar things. She never cared about the reason as to why the most powerful couple in modern day motor sports decided to divorce, because she had thought that maybe their jobs took so much of their time that it wasn't worth continuing to pursuit the marriage, as that was her reason as to why she isn't in a relationship with someone else. She was shocked as she knew the truth behind the Wolffs' divorce, and she now truly understood now why Toto reacted the way he did when he saw her tonight.

She pushed her body off the fountain and took a few steps closer to him. She stopped right in front of him, her close presence making him look up at her. "Maybe you are like the Phantom," she mumbled as she looked down at him, "you love deeply, and you are misunderstood just like him."

Toto didn't know how to respond to that verbally, but he knew how he wanted to respond physically. But it took all of his strength not to follow in the direction of where his mind wanted to take him. He stood up, their bodies barely half an inch apart, eyes locked, almost like as if they were in a trance. Toto's lip curled up into a small smile, taking a step back, but offering her his arm. "How about you give me a dance to the Waltz?" He asked.

Alessandra chuckled, shaking her head as she wrapped her hand around his upper arm, feeling his muscles ripple under his blazer, "I would love to," she replied, "although, I don't think I've ever danced the Waltz!"

"All you have to do is follow my lead," he said as they walked down the garden to get back inside.

"This will be the only time I'm following your lead, Torger," she said as she looked up at him, making him release a loud, deep, laugh as she quirked an eyebrow at him, then let out a small giggle herself at his reaction.

The group invading the bar had been dancing in the middle of the hall with the majority of the guests, The couples holding each other as they swayed to the music, and the single lads moved next to them. They were chatting about their plans for the rest of the summer break, whilst stealing glances at the door that lead to the gardens.

Their jaws dropped once more that night when they watched the two team principals enter the hall, their presence together, with the way they were dressed, Alessandra's hand around his arm, radiated power and dominance, which almost felt threatening. But the group couldn't help but grin as the music had changed, the Waltz 2 by Dimitri Shostakovic filling the grand ballroom, and Toto lead Alessandra to the middle of the ballroom, a few feet away from the rest of the group, whilst many couples also settled close by, ready to attempt the beautiful dance form.

"Oh this is going to be very entertaining," Max commented, "suddenly, I am really glad I came."

"They would make headlines if this went out," Daniel chuckled, "like yes she did dance with other men, including Formula 1 champions, but the two team principals who have the biggest rivalry of the season dancing the waltz together? Insane really."

"Them looking like they're about to compete for something makes it funny," Mick laughed, shaking his head, "at least he seems calm now."

"Alessandra worked her magic on him," Charles rolled his eyes when he heard snorts coming from behind him, quickly turning his head to glare at the Red Bull driver, reserve driver and the ex red bull driver, "not that kind of magic you immature shits." The Monegasque then chuckled when he watched them get slapped on their chests by their girlfriends as they looked at their men with an annoyed look.

Alessandra let go of his arm when they stopped in the middle of the hall, only for her hand to be taken in Toto's. She put her other hand on his shoulder, his free hand on her hip. She couldn't help as she saw how small her hand was in his.

"You ready?" The Austrian asked, getting her to look at him, their eyes locked.

"Take advantage of this moment, Torger," she answered, a smirk making its way on her lips, "because this is the only chance of you taking the lead and being in control of me."

"Is that a threat?" He asked, the visible eyebrow raising in curiosity.

"It's a promise." She replied, sending a wink his way, the softness she showed in the gardens disappearing, and now it was replaced with determination.

Toto was quick to get them moving around the ballroom, and Alessandra was quick to follow his lead. Their eyes never left each other's gaze as they waltzed around the room to the rhythm of the beautiful melody. Alessandra was enjoying herself, and Toto noticed it when she saw her smile widen, her eyes sparkling brighter under the lights of the chandelier. He glanced down at the gap between their bodies, his eyes widening slightly when he saw that with every turn they took, he noticed that the dress had a slit, revealing her long left leg covered in sheer black stockings with the lace band right at the middle of her thigh, and the black high heel, his hand itching to drag it along her leg.

The Italian couldn't lie, she was enjoying the way Toto was looking down at her, his eyes soft yet filled with determination. She also couldn't lie that the hand that was on her waist was making her skin burn, even through the corset. She wondered if he knew the effect he was having on her at that moment, or if he was also feeling the same way she was. But she pushed all those thoughts away, she wanted to enjoy the moment, feeling like she was living in a childhood fantasy.

Right before the song finished, Toto gently pulled her arm up and spun her around, which caused his dance partner to release a giggle before she stopped spinning, her free hand ending up right on his chest, feeling his heart beating fast under it, his hand landing on the small of her back, which pushed her closer to him. They stopped dancing when the song ended, their chests rising and falling, almost touching, their eyes boring into each other. Toto felt like his body was on fire the moment her small hand fell on his wide chest, and he wondered if she had the same effect from his hand on her back

"You see," Toto started, his voice low, sending a shiver down her spine, "me being in control executes great things!"

"Here maybe," she chuckled, shaking her head, "but back on track, I'm in control, and I'm the one leading." She let out a silent sigh, nibbling on her bottom lip as she let go of Toto's hand and took a step back, before her body took over without letting her have a second thought about what she's doing. She didn't know if she could trust herself around him at that moment. "Thank you for the dance Toto. I'm going to go dance with my friends now," she gave him a smile before turning around to walk away, turning her head to look at him from her shoulder, "go back to getting used to the back of the Ferrari."

"See you in Spa," he laughed, shaking his head before watching her walk away, taking the drink Max offered her and started jumping with her friends to the song that started playing.

Although he secretly wished he could spend the night dancing with her, then take her back with him and see what's under the dress.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.6K 1K 36
"I am sick of everyone just expecting me to be fine because I have a better life, but money doesn't erase the trauma and abuse," I say mad. "Why can'...
73K 3.5K 56
[COMPLETED] [MATURE CONTENT] Rankings:- #1 matureromance 01/01/21 #1 meangirl 13/01/21 #1 boxer 18/01/21 #1 jock 07/02/21 #1 bitch 05/04/21 #1 antih...
1.5K 73 7
''I was born to race'' Maria Schneider, daughter of the late five-time world champion Luca Schneider. One of the only women ever on the grid, the fir...
Spotlight By LandosGirl

General Fiction

21.2K 538 28
To make it to formula one you have to be prepared to make sacrifices- to be successful you actually have to make them. There was no line she would no...