Facades of Souls

By JihoonsDaddyDaniel

. He too ... was a tempter; he, too, was a link to the second, the evil world with which I no longer wanted t... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chaptet 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23

Chapter 6

53 4 180
By JihoonsDaddyDaniel

" Is something bothering you? " asked Hongjoong before he allowed Wooyoung to go inside the hall to dance before he had to get ready. " I'm just starving " replied Wooyoung indicating the fact that Seonghwa hasn't brought him his food yet. Therefore, upon hearing that Seonghwa ran with the food in his hands all toward the hall, almost tripping. " I'm sorry your highness I got carried away... " said Seonghwa having a full platter meal in the tray especially made to his liking.

As soon as Wooyoung's eyes laid on the tray he completely forgot what he was thinking about, just his appetite opening up. He went and sat down at the nearest table where Seonghwa placed the food for him. " Hwa-hyung's food taste especially good today, your highness " spoke Jongho liking his finger clean indicating he was tasting the food the whole time annoying Seonghwa. With that Wooyoung started to eat his very first full meal since his father pushed him.

Seonghwa happily watched his prince enjoying the food he cooked for him, just seeing their prince stuff himself with food was enough to him. He hoped Wooyoung gets to enjoy his every meal and have a smile that never leaves his face. As Hongjoong and Jongho played a game of chess on the other table , as they kept watch over their prince from time to time. Seonghwa made sure to calculate the right time to send Wooyoung to the seamstress along side when they will depart.

Although every prince has at least 10 maids serving him everyday, but Wooyoung didn't want anyone. He couldn't trust anyone, so he only wanted his guards with him. Even though the queen insisted, Wooyoung wouldn't budge he had a lot to hide and considering the amount of maids attempts of poisoning him in the castle was enough to hate them all. His guards were capable of everything, why would he need someone else to serve him?

Therefore, the three of them refused to let anyone meddle in with Wooyoung's business. They knew, that Wooyoung trusts them only and that they would never allow intruders to do anything. In short, Wooyoung feels safe in anywhere where Hongjoong, Seonghwa and Jongho were there.

   On the other hand, San was staring at a couple of documents he had to revise from yesterday. He couldn't really forget or even think of exactly from Wooyoung's words. What is it? What is he hinting? What is he hiding? What's behind his agreement to the marriage?

   " YAH IM TALKING TO YOU " yelled Yeosang slamming San's office with pure anger. Yunho sighed reviewing the documents instead as Mingi kept looking at the clock on the wall incase. " SO WHAT? IM BUSY " yelled San back glaring at Yeosang, like please shut the fuck up. Yeosang relied the glare and threw the papers infront of San.

   " HOPE YOU DONT ENJOY YOUR HONEYMOON " screamed Yeosang sticking his tongue out and slamming San's office door shut. San stood up and went to open the door hurriedly " HOPE YOU DONT GET A HONEYMOON BASTARD " yelled San through the hall, as Yeosang stuck his middle finger out and continued walked way.

   Yeosang was hurriedly walking, he didn't notice that someone was in his way. He bumped right into the person, due to the other's strong build Yeosang fell to the ground. He groaned in pain as he looked up to look at whom the fuck dared to bump into him.

   " Gee look at where you are going babe " spoke Jongho looking at the light person he pushed to the floor. Upon noticing it was the boy he saw the other day with San, he kneeled down to the ground and look carefully at the beautiful boy.

   " Are you hurt anywhere beautiful? " said Jongho handing his hands out to the boy, from the shocked of knowing it was Jongho, Yeosang blushed. He was so ready to throw hands up until he layed his eyes on him, he was alluring. " L-look at where you are going... " mumbled Yeosang unable to look at him longer, his face heating up at the names he was just called.

   " Pretty people should be anywhere but the ground " said Jongho pulling Yeosang up despite his tense body. " W-what are you saying? " said Yeosang looking at the ground forgetting he was royalty compared to the knight infront of him.

   " Hitting on you " said Jongho moving a strand of Yeosang's black hair his eyes not leaving the pretty boy infront of him. " S-stop I'm a p-prince " breathed out Yeosang as he locked eyes with Jongho, making Jongho chuckle in response.

   " What a beautiful prince you are, your highness " he said making Yeosang push him away trying his best to keep his heart from racing. Jongho was enjoying every part of it, not caring wether he is actually a prince or not. " God.. l-leave me alone " said Yeosang sprinting away with his hands on his face absolutely embarrassed. " I'm Jongho by the way " yelled Jongho to the running Yeosang and laughed.

   " That was fun " said Jongho walking towards his room to prepare his stuff for his prince's honeymoon. Seonghwa only packed the prince and Hongjoong's luggage, making Jongho roll his eyes. " As if im no one "  he mumbled lazily packing anything he might need.

   Wooyoung and San both entered the seamstress' room at the same time, Wooyoung looked away and made his way to his seat. San walked towards the seat next to Wooyoung quietly. It wasn't awkward, Wooyoung simply saw no need to talk to San anyway and its not like he had anything to talk about. San was just deeply thinking of what could have Wooyoung meant.

   After what seemed like hours, the royal couple were finally ready to embark on their honeymoon trip. San's heart stopped for a second at the sight of his husband, adored with jewels all around his body. His body fittingly perfect with the black colored outfit and white cape clutched with the imperial jewel in white. His waist wrapped with a black belt-like-silk and adored with diamond pieces like dust.

   San signaled for everyone to leave as Wooyoung looked at himself in the mirror, to make sure none of his scars are shown. It took everything in Hongjoong to obey San's order, everything. He reluctantly left. San's eyes darkened as he stared up and down Wooyoung.  His eyes not leaving a single strand of Wooyoung.

   What Wooyoung didn't notice was how San is walking up to him, he felt his body shudder at the way he felt San staring at him. He didn't know what it was, but the way San looked at him made his body freeze and his body to heat up in response. He could have sworn, his heart was going to jump out of its place when he saw San's reflection in the mirror standing behind him.

   " You look beautiful... " whispered San near Wooyoung's ear making his heart race as he locked eyes with San making his entire body shake. Not once in his life has Wooyoung ever felt like he was going to be eaten alive, up until the man behind him looked at him like that. He felt his heart pounding and his body slowly giving up on him. His tongue tied as he gulped, scared that if he looked away he would be dead.

   " We shall enjoy our honeymoon to the core, Wooyoung.. " spoke San as Wooyoung's body almost slipped to the floor, but San smirked and held him by his waist not letting go of Wooyoung's eyes. He was captivated by the younger to the degree he forgot everything. He wants to devour this man right here and then.

   Wooyoung almost fainted in response, his head fuzzy and body completely knocked out. How did this man manage to end Wooyoung entire life in one simple whisper. Not once did Wooyoung like his name until it the second it came out of San's mouth. San made sure the younger was positioned well, before he slowly raised his hands to his neck. San's eyes never left Wooyoung and Wooyoung couldn't even look away, captivated by his gaze. Wooyoung looked with attemptation to San's next move.

   " Our carriage is most likely ready . " said San unlocking Wooyoung's collar button and completely letting go of Wooyoung and hastening to the door without looking back. Wooyoung slumped to the ground, clutching his heart absolutely breathless. Not only did San look hot in his royal attire, but he also sounded alluring.

   Hongjoong came inside the room to see Wooyoung on the ground, he panicked. What did San fucking do? " Your highness, are you okay? What happened? " asked Hongjoong kneeling down to Wooyoung's level, as soon as Wooyoung saw Hongjoong he held his arm. " I'm scared. I will ride with you. " said Wooyoung with a flushed face as Hongjoong almost laughed at Wooyoung's reaction. Anyone can tell San did something unholy in this room.

   " Okay okay, no worries. Are you sure though? " said Hongjoong buttoning Wooyoung's collar as he nodded vigorously. Hongjoong chuckled as he held Wooyoung up and walked towards the main entrance where the carriage was. Wooyoung trailing behind him all shrunken. San was already inside waiting for him in anticipation. What he didn't know was that Wooyoung will be anywhere but near him.

   " We will be departing now, your imperial highness. " said Mingi closing the door, making San hold him back from doing so. " What about the prince? " said San looking at Mingi for an answer making him point at Hongjoong's horse, and of course there he was seated behind him refusing to look back. San was debating whether it was a good thing he reacted or a bad think because he is refusing to be in the same place as him. Nonetheless, he couldn't do anything as they begun.

   The way to their honeymoon was going to be long so they will have to rest the horses just as much as they also needed it. Mingi, Yunho, Seonghwa, Jongho, and Hongjoong were all coming with them because it's dangerous to leave the future king alone, what if they were attacked? The fact Wooyoung was behind Hongjoong made all of them relieved because there was nothing safer than Hongjoong. San on the other hand is safe as well surrounded by his guards and is inside a carriage as well.

   The sun started to set and Wooyoung was so tired of sitting on the horses for so long. " Are you alright your highness? " asked Seonghwa extending his hand for Wooyoung to get off Hongjoong's horse. " No, I'm exhausted and it's suffocating in these clothes " said Wooyoung getting off the horse with his legs numb making Seonghwa hold him in place. The other knights that came with them already set the tents for them and started to hunt for food. " Is there any food you would like your highness? " asked Jongho since he was going to go hunting with them but Wooyoung shook his head, he was about to throw up all the food he ate this morning even though its almost nine pm.

   San went inside his tent without a single word escaping his mouth, knowing Wooyoung will forcefully stay in the same tent as him. But Wooyoung was too tired and annoyed to think of anything, whilst Seonghwa was taking his medication out incase he fell asleep. " You know riding a horse for that long could trigger your migraine " said Seonghwa giving Wooyoung two pills, making him nod. " I know, but hyung was very steady " he replied making Hongjoong smirk setting his and Seonghwa's tent up.

   As of this moment, Wooyoung has forgotten everything about the fact why he rode with Hongjoong in the first place. He started to take his coat off and was about to take his entire outfit, Seonghwa immediately stopping him. " We are in the middle of nowhere, you can't just strip down your highness"  said Seonghwa while pointing at the other knights present, indicating they are not safe or people they trusted. Wooyoung groaned slightly before he through the coat to Seonghwa and took his gloves and belt off as well.

   " I'm tired " said Wooyoung unlocking his collar as well before looking at the tents having no idea which is his. " It's the one at the back there, and.. if by any chance he tried to do anything without your consent? Just say my fucking name. " Seonghwa nodded vigorously at Hongjoong's statement. " Consent is important.. even Joongie waited an entire year for me " said Seonghwa in a low voice blushing as he remembers his first time with Hongjoong.

   "No one can force you into anything without your consent.. okay ?" said Hongjoong looking at Wooyoung's nonchalant face. " You better hear me..." mumbled Wooyoung under his breath as he remembers what San did in the morning. Hongjoong chuckled as he nodded and showed the way to San's tent, Wooyoung who was still tired decided that he should just rest. There was no pointing in dwelling on what San did, because there is no way he would have actually meant the world beautiful.

   Wooyoung quietly entered their tent to find San's clothes and jewels on the floor scattered, San was definitely exhausted thought Wooyoung. Picking up Seonghwa's habit of cleaning up, he started to collect San's clothes and fold them near the exit. Despite that, this time Wooyoung laid down on the furthest side from San absolutely avoiding him to the core. The morning event making him question why would San lie and do something like that? It's not like there is any way in the world that would make anyone fall in love with Wooyoung.

   To Wooyoung, it was definitely impossible. He assumed that everyone found him ugly, besides he knows he has a shitty personality so there was no way. What bothered him was that San did that when no one was in the room, like he wanted to deceive him. He shook his head and slapped his face in response, he had to stop thinking or else his insomnia will kick in.

" I'm sure his highness can take care of himself, so stop worrying Seonghwa " said Hongjoong patting his shoulders to calm him down. " What if...? " spoke Seonghwa as Hongjoong slapped his back, indicating him to shut up. " I won't let him, not over my dead body " said Hongjoong looking at him seriously. There was no way he would let San do anything to Wooyoung, the king was enough.

" He can kiss his kingdom goodbye if he ever did anything, small or big I dont give fucks " said Jongho holding an animal he just caught and throwing it near the people who were cooking. With that, Seonghwa was finally feeling better, knowing these two would definitely sacrifice their lives for him. The knights there could have heard him say that and most likely they would assassinate him, but did he care? No. Was he serious? Hundred percent.

Jongho and Hongjoong weren't scared of anything or anyone, let alone their bloody kingdom. Last time they sacrificed their lives for a kingdom, only to be treated like peasants.  Loyalty to the wrong people and to the wrong kingdom was of no gain or merit. They were trained to be loyal only to find loyalty to the person abondoned by the entire kingdom.

   Everyone started to cook the feast for their crown prince, whilst Seonghwa rested inside. There was no need for Seonghwa to cook anything, because Wooyoung wasn't hungry and his body wouldn't allow him. Jongho was standing by Wooyoung's tent just incase, whilst Hongjoong was eating from the feast here and there, saving some for Seonghwa and Jongho. Yunho then went to the princes' tent to wake him up to eat. " Your highness? The food is ready " spoke Yunho as he heard rustling sounds, but no answer so he proceeded to enter.

" Your highness.. wake up " said Yunho shaking San a little but his eyes were on the other prince who kept placing the pillow above his head in annoyance. Wooyoung was clearly awake and annoyed, Yunho wasn't helping. San finally woke up from his sleep rubbing his eyes and sitting up.

   Yunho kept pointing at Wooyoung until San saw him. San started glaring at Yunho making him sigh and make his way outside. " You didn't wake up his highness now, did you ? " said Jongho sounding like he was threatening him making Yunho sigh. " He wasn't even sleeping but no I didn't " said Yunho sighing in disbelief like chill it's not a big deal.

" Are you okay? " asked San getting closer to Wooyoung's side, making him tense. " Just shut the fuck up " spoke Wooyoung holding the pillow tighter on his face to avoid any sound or light. He wanted to sleep and he was completely exhausted, a horse ride for longer than an hour was a complete nightmare. San held his arms up and started to prepare himself to get out, because clearly he was not needed here. As soon as San stepped out, Wooyoung sighed out loud in relief.

" I don't know what's his problem " said San sitting down to eat his share of food. " What did you do in that room anyway, the prince didn't even look at you once " said Yunho as he gulped the water down, he was just as tired and wanted to rest. To his dismay it was Mingi's turn to rest, so Yunho has to deal with everything until San sleeps so that he can rest.

   " Whatever you did, made him flinch away from you. What prince stays on a horse for more than a war knight and not give in to the carriage. " said Yunho as he started to eat the meat that just got cooked, without blowing it making him feel burned. San sighed, he definitely felt a spark between him and Wooyoung, what went wrong?

   " I didn't mean it to turn out that way " groaned San in annoyance as he stuffed himself with food, before he dies out of hunger.  He had to do something about it, or else it will be anything but a honeymoon. Hongjoong was side-eyeing San, hearing every word he exchanged with Yunho, shaking his head.

   He stood up, on his way he tapped San's shoulders twice and walked off. Yunho was about to throw hands only to be stopped by San. " He meant no harm... " mumbled San drinking water as well. It was going to be a long night thought San.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.8K 582 18
- SeongJoong - Fantasy - Mature - This whole deal seemed like a farce to Seonghwa. His father asked the demon king to hold him 'hostage', just so a f...
8.7K 541 46
𝘔𝘺 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦, 𝘐 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘳 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘦𝘱𝘵𝘩𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘮𝘺 𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘯𝘢𝘭 𝘦𝘹𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘦. 𝘐...
9.6K 337 20
Welcome to Wonderland. Enjoy your stay. trigger warnings !! mentions of blood and death !!
15K 766 23
maybe he is right, there is no safer place in this world than beside him.