𝐒𝐩𝐲 𝐈𝐧 𝐃𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐚𝐥 ✭ TM...

By mazewriterrr

Jane is put in the maze as the first girl, but she has different intentions than the others. At first, she do... More

Information (Author)
Characters
1 - First Impressions
2 - "The Lizard And The Mean Hoe"
3 - Bonfire
4 - Morning
5 - Working
6 - Clothes
7 - Touch
8 - Anger
9 - Weapon Room
10 - Drama
11 - Statements
12 - Apology
13 - "Newt shucker"
14 - The Pit
15 - Training
16 - WICKED ✭
17 - Gathering
18 - The Boys ✭
19 - Saver
20 - Three Rules
21 - Bet
22 - Sunrise
23 - Maze
24 - Minho ✭
25 - Caught In The Middle
26 - Hut
27 - Banishment
28 - The Boys ✭
29 - Map Room
30 - Hidden Talent
31 - The Boys ✭
32 - The Boys ✭
33 - Memories
34 - The Spy
35 - Waking Up
36 - Limp
37 - Games
38 - Bruised, Burned, and Barked
39 - Lovebirds
40 - The Boys ✭
41 - Interrupted
42 - The Boys ✭
43 - Note
44 - Points
45 - Choosing
46 - The Task
47 - Awful And Afraid
48 - Words
49 - "I Wasn't Staring At Your Lips"
50 - WICKED ✭
51 - Little Man
52 - Dreams.. Hopefully
54 - Arguing
55 - Last Warning
56 - Beetle Blade
57 - Greenie Day
58 - "Oh, God."
59 - Stung
60 - Rain
61 - Night
62 - Another One
63 - Griever Pancake
64 - Girls Are Awesome
65 - Jealous
66 - Blades
67 - Attack
68 - Plan
69 - Escape
70 - Broken Promises
SEQUEL

53 - The Boys ✭

2.4K 83 239
By mazewriterrr

A/N: This is random but I love how some people celebrate in the comments whenever Newt and Jane do something together, and others just scream at him that Minho's the only one who may do that 😭

~

Newt's POV

Chuck ran over to me, breathing heavily and face bright red from running. "Newt, Newt, Newt, Newt, N-."

"What is it, Chuck?" I sighed in annoyance already. "And where is your clean shirt?"

Chuck had to help me in the gardens, until he ripped his shirt by getting it stuck in a plant, dumb. I told him to get a new one in his hut, but apparently, he had other plans.

"No... I saw-." Chuck gasped, and jeez, he was not fit at all. Couldn't even run across the Glade!

"Go back to work, Chuck." I sternly ordered, not in the mood for his pranks.

"No- you don't under... stand!" Chuck panted heavily and bent down to his knees, leaning on them.

"Then form some normal sentences!" I got more annoyed by the second.

"I went into the hut... and I saw Jane.." Chuck started, face turning redder by the second.

"Very nice that you saw Jane, but get back to work. Dinner is ready in half an hour, so this has to be done." I motioned at all the seeds that had to be planted.

"Newt!" Chuck yelled when I turned around. "And there was a little bit of.."

"Of what?" I snapped when Chuck didn't finish his sentence.

"Blood." Chuck managed to say, finally seeming to calm down a little bit.

I spun around. "Blood?" I screamed.

"No, tomato ketchup. Yes, blood!" Chuck yelled back. "Now help!"

Why would Jane even be in her hut? She's supposed to be running, right?

"Newt! Move right now or I'll blame her death on you!" Chuck grabbed my arm and started pulling me with him.

"Alright." I panicked and freed myself from Chuck and started running to the hut.
Stupid limp! What if something bad happens to Jane and I couldn't prevent it because of this shuck thing?

Running wasn't even that hard for me, but the limp did slow me down a lot.
I managed to get to Jane, so slammed the door open.

She lay on the ground with her side, mumbles and winces leaving her mouth, sweat damping her face, and blood coming from her head and a little bit from the ears. Shocked I stared at her, a bad feeling washing over me. The fear of Jane being hurt was clearly there, making me shiver.

But soon I grabbed myself together and bent down to Jane, lifting her unconscious body up. She winced a little louder as I carried her in casual bridal style, hoping so badly I didn't hurt her.

What are they doing to you? I wondered as I moved a strand of hair out of Jane's face. I didn't know what I had to do, but going to the Med Hut seemed like the best option.

A tear trailed down from Jane's closed eyes, making me feel even worse. They couldn't just hurt my girl like that, or whatever the hell they were doing!

Of course, I knew Jane wasn't my girl yet, but it did feel like that. Not in a controlling way, like I imagined her being my girlfriend even though she wasn't, because I didn't. That was not what I meant with my girl. I meant I felt protective over her. No matter she tried to kill me or whatever, I cared and protected her, because I had to. Like it was destined.

In a panic, I lay Jane down on one of the Med Beds, just for Clint to appear. "What happened?"

"I don't know." I breathed. "Chuck found her."

Worried I stared at Clint trailing his hand over the wound on Jane's head. It made me a bit jealous. Just the way he touched her, wasn't really accepted by me. He was moving too slow.

"I think she hit her head." Clint realized, grabbing some stuff out of a drawer. "Gotta clean it."

"Can we wake her up?" I asked.

"You can try, but if she won't then we'll just have to wait." Clint sighed.

I nodded and decided to just try, so gently shook Jane's shoulders, but she cried out in response, which caused me to back up right away. If me trying to wake her up hurt or upset her, then I wouldn't try anymore.

"Guess we'll have to be patient." Clint sighed.

~

Minho's POV

Chuck was suspiciously silent during dinner and Newt never appeared, so I decided to ask Chuck where he was.

"He's with Jane."

Jealously crawled over me, making me shrink. Of course Jane was with Newt! Who wasn't?
"Doing what exactly, Chuck?"

The fact that they might've been doing some intense things, hurt me. Jane never talked to me about the kiss we had, but I didn't talk about it either. I'm the man. I'm supposed to make the move. I better hurry!

Chuck turned a bit sad, looking down. "Treating her wound and trying to wake her up."

"Oka- wait, what?"
Wound? Waking her up? What the hell happened?

Chuck read my mind. "I found Jane unconscious in our hut. I think she hit her head."

Shocked, I stared at Chuck. Jane is hurt. It got me worrying right away. She couldn't be hurt! I didn't want her to be hurt. Never.

"I'm checking up on her." I took my plate with me, already knowing Newt didn't eat yet, and walked toward the Med Hut, assuming they were there.

I was right. Jane lay on the bed, eyes closed and eyebrows furrowed while she slept or whatever was going on. Newt sat on a chair next to the bed, but looked up when he heard me. "Hey."

"Here." I handed Newt my plate without hesitating, but he refused and pushed it away. "Newt, take it."

"I'm not hungry," Newt grumbled, never taking his eyes off Jane.

I sighed. "Just eat it Newt." I lowered my voice. "I don't want you to get the old habits back again."

Newt glanced at me as he swallowed, his Adam's apple moving. I forced him to take the plate, so eventually, he did and started eating.

Relieved I sighed, knowing exactly why Newt forced Jane to eat a few days ago. He didn't want her to take over the habits he had in the beginning.

I remembered the way he didn't want to come out of his bed or even eat before he... got his limp. But now, when Jane arrived, he was so different. He seemed so happy, which kind of made me happy too and to be honest, made me fall for Jane even harder. I've never seen anyone cheer Newt up like she did.

In silence, I looked at Jane. Her face was a bit pale, but she still managed to look beautiful, like always. When she winced and let out a cry, I was about to do something, but Newt was quicker.

He grabbed Jane's hand, but soon let go with a groan. I raised my eyebrows in confusion.
"She's breaking my bloody hand if she keeps squeezing like that."

I scoffed and grabbed a chair, putting it close to Jane before I grabbed her hand. "I don't care if she breaks my hand."

"I already broke somethin' once, don't need that to happen again," Newt mumbled in shame.

I turned to look at him again. "That's not a funny joke, Newt."

"I know." He assured, looking down.

Is this what he's like when Jane isn't there? Sad as before! He's definitely in love with her. But he's not the only one, at least.

Then Chuck walked in, looking quite upset with his lip pouted. His face fell once he saw Jane lying on the bed and for this one time, I felt bad for him. It might've been the girl I was in love with lying there, but it was also Chuck's best friend. They were already shucking together!

"Will she be okay?" Chuck whispered, nothing left of the confident boy he sometimes was.

"I hope so," Newt replied. "And I think she will."

Chuck quickly nodded and leaned against the wall uncomfortably, also watching Jane. It was kind of creepy that three guys were looking at her while she was unconscious, but she wouldn't notice anyways, right? Since she was unconscious. Ha!

My eyes opened a bit wider when Chuck's lower lip started to tremble. I never really knew how I had to react when someone cried in front of me.

"This is the second time already." Chuck realized out loud. "How many times is it gonna keep going? And who's doing this? Why Jane?"

I could see on Newt's face how bad he felt for Chuck. "Come here, Chuck."

Chuck walked over to Newt, head pointing to the ground as he sniffed lightly. Then he did something unexpected. He climbed onto Newt's lap, yeah.

Newt tensed up, eyes opening wide, but not even a second later he relaxed and rubbed Chuck's back, who was sniffling into the blonde's shoulder. "She'll be okay, Chuck."

"Seriously?" I stared at the two boys.

"What?" Newt gave me an offended glance. "I'm comforting him."

"He's shucking thirteen! Maybe twelve. He's not a baby." I crossed my arms right before Newt started to grin annoyingly. "What?" I snapped.

"You basically just called Jane a baby too." Newt blurted out, cheeks turning slightly red.

"What?" I repeated, confused as hell.

"I think Jane cried on my lap once or twice.. maybe three times," Newt said. He didn't seem proud of it, but was definitely teasing. More jealousy formed in me at the imagination of Jane being so close to Newt, crying.

I scoffed. "I held her when she was crying twice too, Lizard. You're not the only one."

"Did you guys seriously count that?" Chuck sobbed from Newt's shoulder.

"Maybe." We replied in unison.

Chuck muttered something before tightening his grip on Newt, who was still rubbing the kid's back.

"I'm gonna call you Mama Newt from now on." Chuck decided with a sleepy voice.

"Chuck, I swear to god if you're gonna do that.." Newt threatened. Chuck never responded. He fell asleep, snoring lightly.

Newt sighed and closed his eyes too, which left me a bit surprised and embarrassed. I didn't know what to do. Was I supposed to sleep too? In front of Jane's bed?

But eventually, I couldn't resist closing my eyes, until a small sniff shook me awake.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.4K 814 26
The drawling series of clicks was only making my heart beat faster. They were getting closer. I took off running again, faster this time. I couldn't...
38.5K 715 28
Teresa wasn't the first girl in the Glade. Just the first that survived. Ayla Meyer. Subject A13. "The Wild Card" 16-year-old Ayla arrived in the Maz...
2.2M 59.8K 42
❝But now I know that wherever we are, or whatever we're doing, we'll always have each other.❞ You woke up in the Maze two years ago with no memories...
50.3K 1.8K 33
Almost in despair, Jane in desperate to find Minho after WICKED took him away. Not only Minho goes through a lot, Jane and Newt do too, which not alw...