Blooming Ambitions: A pokemon...

By KitsuneNoBara

Meet Yui, an 18 year old who has just started out on her pokemon journey. It had been a dream of hers ever si... More

Welcome!
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Epilogue

Chapter 37

9 2 0
By KitsuneNoBara

It was finally time.

Time to face the Champion.

As the elevator went up, I could feel my nerves increasing. I had managed to defeat all four elite four members but the champion had her title for a reason. Not only that, but if we lost against the champion, we'd have to battle all of the elite four again.

I took a deep breath as the elevator finally reached its destination. I had to do my best to win, and I believed in my pokemon, just as I'm sure they believed in me, their trainer, as well.

I couldn't help but admire the décor of the room. The room was a pure white, with huge doors at 3 corners of the room. By the center door, there were two statues standing either side, both standing with a sword placed firmly in the stand that there were on. The center of the floor, just in-front of where the elevator stopped, was circular with two steps surrounding it, and in the middle was something that looked like it was made of glass, embedded in the floor, with symbols for each of the different pokemon types.

The champion, Diantha, was standing at the far end of the room, waiting for the challenger. When she saw me and Lotus, she asked which one of us was challenging her, and I answered that it was me, and Lotus went to stand to one side of the battle field. She stood by one of the doors, as I walked towards the battlefield, which was where the glass-looking thing was.

"You've done well to defeat the members of the elite four. What is your name challenger?" Diantha says

"Yui" I shortly reply.

"Yui... I've seen the bonds you have with your pokemon from the pokemon showcase master class, and I know this will be an interesting battle for sure," Diantha says, then pauses for a minute, before saying, "Shall we begin?"

Although surprised she had watched the master class showcase, I nod, and she sends out her first pokemon, Hawlucha.

Hawlucha was a fighting and flying type, so I knew who I would use.

"Show time Pachirisu!" I call, and Pachirisu comes out of the her pokeball, landing on her tail.

"First move is yours Yui." Diantha says.

"Electro ball Pachirisu!" I call, and Pachirisu carries out the attack swiftly, jumping into the air and raising her tail as a ball of electricity forms. Once it was fully formed, she sends it towards Hawlucha, who dodges swiftly.

Well, no one said this was going to be easy

"Swords dance Hawlucha." Diantha commands.

Swords dance would raise Hawlucha's attack, which means I needed to be extra careful.

"Electro ball again Pachirisu!"

Pachirisu carries out the command, but Diantha's Hawlucha kept dodging the attack. While it was however, I was studying Hawlucha's movements, in hopes to get some idea of when to land an attack.

"Keep using Electro ball Pachirisu!"

Eventually, one of the attacks lands, and I knew since Hawlucha was part flying type, it did some significant damage.

"Poison jab Hawlucha!" Diantha calls, and Hawlucha charges at Pachirisu, poison surrounding its fist.

Luckily for us, Pachirisu could use her size to her advantage.

"Run around and dodge is Pachirisu! Use electro ball as you do so!" I call, and Pachirisu nods, before quickly running and dodging Hawlucha's poison jab, using electro ball as she did so.

A few landed, and I could see that Hawlucha was begging to get tired, and I knew this was the perfect time to end this first battle.

"Pachirisu, jump in the air and raise your tail!" I shout, and Pachirisu uses her tail as a spring to propel herself into the air. Once her tail was raised, it seemed Pachirisu already knew what I wanted her to do, and she used discharge, creating lightning bolts from her tail towards multiple areas of the battle field, some hitting Hawlucha.

Finally, Hawlucha was unable to battle.

One down, five to go.

I called back Pachirisu as Diantha sent out her next pokemon, Tyrantrum.

Sylveon had no issues defeating Tyrantrum, as well as Diantha's Goodra. Her Aurorus was a little bit of an issue, because it was a rock and ice type, but Luvdisc managed to do a good job of defeating it, although we did struggle a little. Luvdisc's water type moves did neutral damage, since Ice wasn't weak to water, but rock was.

Altaria managed to defeat her Gourgeist as well, and finally, she sent out her final pokemon.

Gardevoir.

"Your turn to take the stage Braixen!" I called as Diantha sent out her Gardevoir. I was saving Braixen for this last battle, since Braixen was the pokemon I started my journey with, and was the pokemon I wanted to defeat the champion with.

"You have first move Yui." Diantha says, and I nod.

"Fire spin Braixen!" I call, and Braixen swiftly carries out the move, a vortex of fire emerging from her twig straight towards Gardevoir.

Diantha didn't even say anything, and I just noticed her look in a certain direction and her Gardevoir moved swiftly to the side she was looking at.

"Shadow ball Gardevoir." She calmly commands, and Gardevoir wastes no time carrying out the move.

It knows shadowball!

"Dodge it Braixen!" I quickly command, and Braixen barely manages to dodge.

"Flamethrower!" I call, and Braixen carries out the move.

Not only do I watch Gardevoir, but I also watch which way Diantha looks.

This time, I notice she looks to the left just before the flamethrower hits her Gardevoir, and I smirk.

"Use Flamethrower to the left Braixen!" I call, and Braixen immediately uses the move, hitting Gardevoir just as it moves.

"Impressive, not many challengers are that observant Yui." Diantha praises, and I thank her.

"I think it's time Gardevoir. Mega evolve." Diantha says as her pendant glows, as does the one her Gardevoir is wearing does.

"Be prepared Braixen, we know that mega evolution increases their attack power." I whisper to Braixen, and she nods.

Once the light had faded, Diantha immediately instructs her Gardevoir to use Moonblast, and Braixen counters it with a flamethrower shortly after I give her the command to.

"We can do it Braixen, I know we can. We've not come this far to lose!" I call to her, and Braixen nods, the fire on the end of her twig seemingly becoming brighter.

"Run and use Flamethrower!"

Braixen wastes no time, dragging her twig slightly above the ground creating a ring of fire around Gardevoir, as Gardevoir and Diantha calmly watch us, observing.

"Psychic Gardevoir" Diantha says, and her Gardevoir carries out the attack, causes the vortex of fire to rise, essentially trapping Gardevoir further.

I wasn't confused, and I could tell Braixen wasn't either. She did that for a reason.

Soon enough, that reason became apparent, as bolts of lightning emerged from the vortex, and Braixen swiftly dodged without me saying anything.

"Flame charge Braixen!"

Braixen looks at me a little hesitantly, but I give her an encouraging nod, telling her to trust me.

Soon enough, she uses the attack, dodging the bolts of lightning as she did so.

I heard something get hit, and the fire vortex was turned into smoke, and both Braixen and Gardevoir emerged, both seemingly getting tired.

After that, Braixen and Gardevoir both exchanged attacks as me and Diantha were calling their moves, and me and Braixen has gotten good at reading Diantha's and Gardevoir's movements.

"Time to finish this Gardevoir. Shadow ball!"

"Fire blast Braixen!"

Both moves collided, pushing each other back and forth, before, much to my amazement, shock, and happiness, Braixen's fire blast broke through the shadow ball and landed a clean hit on gardevoir, once again creating a cloud of smoke.

Me and Braixen patiently waited for the smoke to clear, and I had hoped that Gardevoir had fainted, because I knew Braixen wouldn't be able to go on much longer.

Just as the smoke cleared, we saw a light appear and then disappear, and when it was fully clear, I had to stop myself from jumping with joy.

Braixen, the pokemon I had started my journey with, the one who had stuck with me all this time, had defeated Gardevoir.

That meant we had won.

We had defeated the Champion. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.4K 339 36
Meet Axel Aletris Ketchum, an 11 y/o kid who aspires to become a Pokemon Professor. However, when trouble stirs in the Kalos region, Axel is appointe...
1K 114 85
Finally! It's the day, 10 year old Ethan had dreamed of since he was a little kid. He finally gets to become a Pokemon Trainer! Thinking that his jou...
6.2K 92 24
Y/N L/N. One of the richest people in the world, not just rich he is also the strongest pokemon trainer in the world but he still young and need to g...
49 0 9
Set two years after Red had become the champion of the Indigo League, Seris Nova is sent to Pallet Town by his mother to meet her longtime friend. Ho...