glitch | jack hughes

hughesluvr1989 द्वारा

We were supposed to be just friends, you don't live in my part of town but maybe I'll see you out some weeken... अधिक

Introduction
Disclaimer
Playlist
Cast
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Epilogue media pt.1
Epilogue pt.2
Epilogue media pt.2
thank you!

Epilogue

4.9K 56 144
hughesluvr1989 द्वारा

[May 12, 2025]

Josephine

"Jack is out at practice, and I'm recording this because I think I'm pregnant," I say to the camera feeling incredibly nervous about just saying that out loud. I know my body and this isn't just my period. My boobs have gotten bigger, and today I got my first round of morning sickness. "I'm going to go to the store, and buy a few tests, but I just have a gut feeling. I know I'm pregnant." I say before shutting the camera off and heading to the drugstore.

I pick up four tests and pay for them before running out of the store and back to my car. I just want to know. I need to know if what my gut is telling me is right. When I get home I run up the stairs, to the restroom. My legs shake as I pee on the test. I set them down, shaking as I set a timer for however long I'm supposed to wait.

I want to make sure before I tell Jack, mainly because I'm afraid of getting his hopes up and then not being pregnant. I close my eyes, calming myself down as my timer goes off. "Babe?" Jack calls out, as he walks into the restroom to find me pressed against a wall, shaking. "Hey, hey, what's going on? Are you alright?" He asks, worries glazing over his eyes.

That's when I start crying, I wrap my arms around him as I weep. I haven't told him what's going on but when we pull back he looks at the counter before looking back at me. "A-are you?" He cups my cheeks. "I don't know, the timer just went off," I tell him, before getting up and wiping my eyes. "Why didn't you tell me you thought you were pregnant?" He asks softly.

"I didn't want to get your hopes up if I wasn't," I press a kiss to his lips. "None of that, I want to go through this entire process with you," He says before kissing my lips one more time. "Okay," I smile before grabbing the camera and setting it up on the counter. "Ready?" I ask before flipping the test over to see the word that would change our lives forever.

Pregnant.

"Holy fuck," I mutter out as Jack's eyes gloss over with tears. "Oh baby," He looks at me, trying his best to hold back his tears but he ultimately fails. He wraps his arms around me, weeping into my neck. "I can't believe this," He says softly, wiping his tears. "My baby's in there," he says placing a hand on my stomach.

His baby is in there, I weep at the thought alone. I cup his cheeks softly, telling him I love him before kissing his soft lips one more time. "Can we take a few more just to be sure?" He asks me gently, rubbing my cheeks with his thumbs. I hum a "Mhm," before chugging water so I can take another test.

The other two tests we took come out as positive and I don't think I've ever seen Jack look so happy. He can't stop cupping my cheeks and kissing every part of my face. "This is the best early birthday present I've ever had!" He gushes, lifting my shirt to touch my stomach. "I know they're too small right now, I just need to wrap my head around the fact that our baby is going to be growing in your belly," he says making me smile.

After settling down from all the emotions we've been feeling today, we lay down on our couch watching 'Friends' as Jack rests his hand over my stomach. I should've known he'd be obsessed the minute I told him. During a commercial break, he looks up at me and says, "Let's make an appointment so we can figure out how far along you are and figure out how we can make your pregnancy as good as it can be."

I picked the most perfect man to be in love with.

We sort those details out within the next episode of 'Friends' and coincidentally it's the episode where Rachel finds out she's pregnant. After careful consideration, we asked Trevor's mom, Dr. Julie Zegras, if she would be my OBGYN. She was over the moon to find out that I was pregnant and said it'd be her pleasure to be my doctor these next few months.

I got so lucky to have a best friend whose mom is an OBGYN.

[May 17, 2025]

"Julie is great, she'll be good," Jack paces around the room, already starting to worry over anything and everything. "Yes, she is great. So let her be great," I rest a hand on his shoulder, kissing his cheek to settle him down. He nods his head, twisting his wedding band until she walks in. "Julie!" Jack calls out, hugging her tightly as she pinches his cheeks. "How are you doing, Dad?" she elbows him softly.

All the relief Jack felt leaves his body when he remembers that's why we're here. "Stressed, worried, just want to make sure both of my loves are okay."He tells her and she nods her head before making her way over to me. "And how are you, mama? How are you feeling?" She asks, taking my hands in hers.

"I'm good, I get morning sickness and I'm already really sensitive to certain foods and smells," I tell her as she slides some gloves over her hands. "Okay, well that's all very normal. Today we're just going to run some tests and see how far along you are," She smiles as she runs through all the tests before lifting my shirt and warning me about the gel.

"Okay, let's see your baby," She smiles moving the wand around my stomach. I honestly see nothing until she giggles softly. "There they are," she zooms in so Jack and I can see our baby. "Josie, you're about 10 weeks pregnant. Meaning your due date should be around the end of December or early January." She says as tears flow out the sides of my eyes.

"Okay," I giggle softly, wiping the constant flow of tears off my face. Jack's staring at the picture of our baby that is about the size of a strawberry, sniffling as he walks his tears with me. "They're so perfect," He chuckles, rubbing his eyes before kissing my cheek over and over again. Julie gives me a date for our next appointment before giving us both big hugs before leaving.

Jack and I walk to our car where we both start sobbing. "I just can't believe it," I laugh, looking at the picture of our little one. "My little baby strawberry," Jack pouts, trying so hard to stop crying. "Oh man, this is insane." I saw, lifting my shirt to see my still flat stomach.

After we stop crying we drive home, picking up some Thai food before going home. New craving unlocked. "Now how do we tell the boys?" I ask him, we already agreed on telling them while we're in Michigan because everyone will be there but how do we tell them?

[June 7, 2023]

"Jack, hurry!" I yell, getting my husband's attention as he runs to the room with a scared look on his face. "What? Why? Are you okay?" He looks around as I start to feel bad for scaring him. "Aw, I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you but look." I pull him closer and lift my shirt to show him my new bump.

Jack melts when he sees the small curve of my belly. "Hi baby, you wanna come say hi?" he asks, before pressing a kiss to my stomach. "Josie, they just wanted to make an appearance," he smiles, kissing my bump over and over again. He climbs up on the bed beside me, cuddling into my side as he lays his hand on my bump.

"You're obsessed," I laugh as he looks at me with furrowed brows before saying, "Of course I am, you're carrying my baby. I think you're amazing." He says before we hear Meredith yell "You're carrying what?" she's in our doorway with a shocked expression. She's wearing a bikini top with jean shorts, as she stands there. "Close the door," I whisper, before she shuts it softly, walking over to us.

"We were going to tell you guys tonight, but I guess we'll let you in on the secret before them." I smile, pushing my shirt up again for her to see my growing bump. Her tears well up as she covers her mouth to muffle a sob. "Jos, Jos, you're pregnant? Really?" She asks sitting on the bed before moving her hand over the bump just to cry all over again.

"Yeah, I'm thirteen weeks now." I smile up at her, and she wipes her eyes. "I'm so happy, I'm an auntie now," She fans her face trying to stop crying. "Yeah, you are." I smile, squeezing her hand gently. "Okay well, I was sent here to ask if you wanted to come swimming with us. Trevor felt bad that you've been feeling sick, which oh my god, it's because you're pregnant. It all makes sense." She nods, connecting all the pieces together.

"Yeah I'll go, I'll just suck him in a little," I say getting up to take my pants off. Nothing they haven't seen before. "Him?" She asks, looking at both of our faces. "Oh sorry, I just think it's a boy so I've been referring to him as a him. We don't know the sex yet," I say before she hugs me one more time and walks out.

"You think it's a boy?" Jack asks me as I slip on my black one-piece swimsuit. "Mhm, call it mother's intuition, but I have a feeling." I smile as he slips on his swim shorts. "I trust your intuition but I kind of wanted a little you," he says sweetly, snaking his arms around me, to rest below my belly.

"Next time," I smirk at him, as I slip on some shorts and suck in my belly. "Wait, let me say bye." He gets down on his knees to talk to the baby before pressing a kiss to it. I run my fingers through his hair unsure of how one human being can feel this much love for someone. "Okay, let's go." He takes my hand before walking out.

When we walk downstairs we see everyone waiting for us and cheering when I walk down. "Josie, back from the dead!" Trevor yells, laughing as he hugs me tightly, making me stumble backward. Jack furrows his eyebrows but I hold his rest, letting him know I am perfectly fine. I swear I'm 13 weeks pregnant and the guy won't even let me pick up a box.

"Hello to you too, sunshine," I laugh before leaving the house to get on the boat. Jack sits beside me, draping my legs over his thighs. He runs his fingers up and down my legs, tickling them as I soak up the sun. "Did you put sunscreen on?" Jack asks as he notices my skin getting red.

"Oh, no I forgot," I whisper as he gives me a pointed look. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry," I caress his cheek as he grabs the sunscreen and rubs it all over my face, shoulders, and chest. "God, Jack's going to town with that sunscreen," Luke chuckles, making me laugh but when Jack looks up at me I stop laughing. Daddy Jack is not someone I want to mess with. He's like husband Jack but just even more protective and caring.

"Josie want to shot gun beer with me, like old times," Trevor asks with a smile on his face, and as much as I hate to wipe it off I do. "I wish I could Z, I'm still not feeling great and a drink of beer would just take me out again. Next time." Or in 6 months. Trevor challenges Quinn and Mark, but they had no shot.

"What else are we doing today?" Quinn asks, his arm draped around Meredith's shoulders. "I think just dinner tonight, and that's it," Jack says, resting his head on my stomach, hiding my belly so I can stop sucking in. "Jos, what are you wearing?" Mere asks me, with her head on her husband's shoulder.

"A black dress and heels," I respond, closing my eyes to shield them from the sun. "Will you be okay in heels, honey?" He whispers, making me roll my eyes. He's so sweet but if he's already acting like this I'm terrified of how he'll act when I'm farther along. "Yes, I'm only 13 weeks, J. I'll be okay," I say, playing with his hair to stop talking about it.

-

Jack and I decided we could play a few games of hangman to tell them. Trevor wanted to start the game and it's two words, ten letters. "K?" I guess randomly, shrugging my shoulders at what it could be. K_ _ _ _ K_ kk_ "Z, sit the fuck down, I'm tired of the Kaapo Kakko jokes, the draft was years ago. We no longer have beef. That ended the day of the draft." Jack rubs his eyes.

"Okay, okay. I'll go," I say Two words, ten letters.

"Kappo Kakko!" Trevor calls out, causing Jack to lean over and smack him. I shake my head as the group starts guessing letters. "A?" Luke says. _ _ _ _ _ _ _ A_ _ I write the A in. They guess a few more letters making the sheet of paper look like this. I'M _ _ E_ NAN_

"You're Enan?" Trevor asks, and now I'm getting frustrated. "Be for real," I scold him before Theo looks at me then Jack. "P?" When he guesses 'P' I know he knows what it is. "You're pregnant?" Theo says softly, getting up to hug me, as I fill in the rest of the letters. I take the sweater Jack let me borrow off and turn to the side to show off my bump.

"No fucking way!" They all yell, coming over to me to look at and feel my small belly. "Josie, oh my god!" They freak out, tearing up over becoming uncles. After the boys gush over my belly they tackle my husband, congratulating him over and over again. For the rest of the dinner, I feel a little better, not having to suck in or keep anything a secret.

We come home to see Jim and Ellen sitting at the table. Perfect. "Hey, you guys!" Ellen smiles, getting up to hug me. We talk for a little before I tell them I bought them a few gifts. "Honey, you shouldn't have." El rubs my shoulder. "No, please, I had so much fun picking them out." Jack sits down as I grab the presents, which I had to beg him to let me do.

"Okay open them!" I smile, as they pull out the tissue paper to see two mugs. Ellen grabs her mug, smiling as she reads the words out loud. "Best grandma-" She looks at me, then my stomach. "No, Oh my gosh!" she sets her mug down to wrap her arms around me then Jack. Jim congratulates us, hugging the two of us tightly.

"I just can't believe it, how far along are you?" She asks, pressing her palm to my bump. "Thirteen," I smile brightly, so proud of my little baby's growth. We sit at the table for a little longer, before I start yawning, and Jack takes me upstairs.

"I love you, you're going to be such a good daddy," I kiss the corner of his mouth.

[August 13, 2025]

Jack and I decided to take a little last-minute vacation before he has to start training for the summer. We're in the Bahamas for a week and I am nearing 23 weeks of pregnancy. As the bump grew, it got really hard to hide so we made it Instagram official about 2 weeks ago. I posted a picture Jack took on my film camera, and Jack posted a few Polaroid pictures of me.

I was just resting under the shade when out of nowhere this lovely child of mine kick me in the ribs. "Oh fuck," I groan, making Jack snap his head at me. "What?" instead of answering I grab his hand and place it on my stomach. Just like that, he kicks my ribs one more time, making me scrunch my nose as he does it three more times.

"Little guy is beating my ass right now," I laugh as Jack watches my stomach in awe. "When we get back, we have another appointment with Julie. Do you want to find out what the sex is?" I ask him, and he says "Next appointment, I want to know." he smiles before kissing my stomach.

[August 18, 2025]

"Okay, today's the day!" I smile at Jack putting on my cream-colored matching set. He puts his hat on and smiles at me before saying, "Let's go baby" I giggle at his catchphrase. He gives my bump a kiss before helping me into the car and driving to Julie's clinic.

I grab onto the seat as I get down from the car, I will admit there are a few things that are getting difficult to do with the bump, but I can manage. It's just a matter of adjusting. Before walking in Jack holds onto my wrist stopping me from walking. "What?" I ask softly, running my thumb over his hand.

"You just look so good carrying my baby," he shakes his head in disbelief. "Damn," He says, biting his fist as he looks at me. "Come on, we have an appointment." I giggle, getting shy from all the compliments.

The front desk ladies tell us what room to go into and when we knock I hear Julie before I see her. Just like her son. "Oh my angels, come in, come in," She smiles, letting us walk into her room. "How was Michigan and the Bahamas?" She rubs my belly. We talk about our time there before she pulls down my skirt to spread the gel around.

"There's your baby," She smiles, and I swear every time I see them it's like the first time. I sniffle and wipe my nose as she says, "Ready?" I look at Jack and he nods. "Yeah, we're ready," I sniffle.

"Congratulations you two, it's a boy," she says and I tuck my face into my hands. I knew it, I don't know how but I just had a feeling he was a boy. I feel Jack's lips press against my forehead as he cries and mumbles, "A boy, oh a boy," I run my finger through Jack's soft curls.

[December 22nd, 2025]

I am 39 weeks pregnant with this monster baby. I know the minute I see him it's all going to melt away but right now I'm hiding in my room sobbing because I've never been so exhausted. My feet hurt all the time, I can barely cuddle with Jack and every time I try closing my eyes to get some sleep he kicks me in the ribs.

I sniffle softly, wiping my eyes just wanting to get in bed and sleep. "Please baby, just let me sleep a little, I'm so tired." I rub my belly, hoping he'll listen to me. When the kicking stops I feel relieved and hopeful that maybe I can have an hour of rest. Maybe just maybe.

But when I close my eyes I feel another kick and that's it for me. "Fuck," I sob, I rub my eyes, just wanting to get some sleep. The door opens and Jack sees me completely breaking down on our bed. "My love, honey, hey, look at me," He says softly, lifting my face from my hands to take in my tired expression.

"Talk to me," He kisses my forehead. "He won't let me sleep, he hasn't let me sleep for weeks and I'm just so so tired." I rest my head against his shoulder. "Oh baby, why didn't you let me know I would've tried to help weeks ago," He says kissing my shoulder and neck.

"Here let's try falling asleep now." He gets on the bed, with his legs open for me to lay in between. I fall against his back as my head drifts to the side. Jack's fingers tickle little shapes into my belly as the kicking stops and I fall asleep.

I don't know how long I was asleep for but when I wake up I feel much better until I feel a little damp between my legs. Did I pee?

Oh fuck! My water just broke. I shake Jack awake, letting him know we have to go to the hospital now, and jerks up and grabs everything we need before helping me into the car. "I'll call everyone once we get there, I just need you to relax as much as you can okay? The last thing you two need is even more stress," He kisses my head, going into dad mode head first. Once we get to the clinic we see Julie and she helps us into a room.

"He's coming?" she asks with a hopeful gleam in her eyes. "Yeah, and he hurts like a bitch" I groan as a contraction makes me stop everything I was doing to help it pass. She gets me in a gown, legs apart to check how dilated I am. "Okay Jos, it looks like you still have a bit more before we can start pushing," Julie says before asking me a ton of questions.

As bad as I feel right now I can't help but ignore what Julie is saying until Jack rephrases it with his puppy dog eyes. Julie asked me to drink some water because I was starting to look pale and Jack, cupped my cheek, kissing my nose before asking if I wanted to drink some water for him. I nod my head, drinking water. "That's it, honey, your baby is almost here, yeah? I bet he's going to be perfect just like you," he distracts me from all the pain I'm feeling.

After an hour of pain and discomfort, I look up at Jack, watching his heartbreak in his eyes. "Baby it hurts so bad," I cry, biting my lip to stop myself from sobbing loudly. I hiccup softly, just wanting this part to be over. "Oh my love, I wish I could take this all away from you, I'm sorry baby," a tear falls out, but I catch it.

"C-can you just lay with me?" I ask him softly, just wanting to be cuddled. "Of course," he kisses my head, before getting in beside me. He pushes my sweaty hair off my forehead and braids my hair. "Are we still on board with the name?" I ask softly, and he says "Mhm, I think it's a good name," he smiles before kissing my lips.

After a few more contractions that are coming every two minutes, Jack runs out to find Julie and asks for help. "Okay my love you are so so close, are you ready?" She asks, stroking her cheek with her thumb. "Yeah, I just wanna meet my baby," I sigh tiredly. Julie washes her hands before putting some gloves on and spreading my legs apart.

Jack stays by my head, giving me some water, and holding my hand. "You got this, gorgeous," he smiles, kissing me for encouragement. "Okay Josie, for this next contraction I'm going to need you to push as much as you can. Jack if you want to get behind her you can." Julie smiles, as I lean forward so I'm up against Jack. I feel his chest go in and out as he rubs my arms soothingly.

When I feel the next contraction I push as hard as I can which earns me some praise from Julie. "That was a great push, my love, give me another one," she smiles as I try tucking myself away into Jack's body. I just want to feel safe and protected and this child is making me feel like it's going to be the end of me. I push again, and again, and one more time until I hear the sweet sound of my baby crying.

I fall back against Jack's chest, while Julie cleans my baby before passing him to me. "Here's your baby, my angels. He's beautiful." Julie says as I hold him in my arms. I look at the precious angel in my arms and weep. "He looks just like you, holy fuck," I laugh, looking up at Jack. I press my lips against his itty bitty head.

"Who's eyes do you think he has?" Jack asks me, kissing my head over and over again. In between all the words of affirmation of course. And as if the little baby in my arms heard him, he opens his eyes. "Oh, he knows his daddy's voice, yeah baby?" I ask and look at his eyes.

Blue eyes. Jack's eyes.

Jack starts weeping into my neck, in love with the baby we made. "Wanna hold him?" I ask him and he nods his head, wiping his eyes. I pass my little love to Jack and Jack loses it all over again. "Hi baby boy, I love you so so much, you have no clue." He presses his lips against his forehead.

Julie lets a few of the guys in at a time. Starting with Quinn, Luke, and Mere. I should've known Mere was going to break down sobbing, but Luke, I never saw that coming. He could barely hold his nephew without sobbing. When it's Quinn's turn he starts to say his name before pausing. "Wait, you guys did end up picking that name right?" I nod my head

"Sick. Hi little guy, such a handsome fella," Quinn says, before asking if Ellen knows we named him what we named him. "No, it's a surprise," Jack smiles, before passing the baby back to Luke who has stopped crying.

"Jesus Christ Josephine, did you give birth to Jack? Where are your features on this child?" Luke looks at his nephew, making Meredith die laughing.

After they leave Ellen, Jim, my dad, and Theo walk in. The minute Ellen walks in I start weeping in her arms. "I'm so proud of you, angel." She kisses my forehead a million times before asking to hold him. "What's his name?" she asks softly, wiping her tears as they fall. "Elliot Blake Hughes," I smile waiting for her reaction to sink in.

"After my dad?" her eyes soften, and we nod. "And Blake after you Dad," I smile at my dad. They all take their turns admiring their grandson and nephew. Once it's Theo's turn to hold the baby he says the same thing that Luke said. "Yes, I know and he's beautiful. My baby hasn't even been in the world for a whole hour and he's already being bullied.

"Oh come on, I never said it was an insult, Jack is a handsome guy," He teases before kissing his nephew's head. Before they leave I ask them to send Trevor, Cole, and Alex in. Even though giving birth was exhausting nothing beats seeing my friends look so happy to see their nephew. 

Trevor tiptoes in, trying his absolute hardest to not disturb Elliot. As Trevor rocks him from side to side he says, "I think you just gave birth to 2043 first pick overall," he teases, making Jack and I laugh "Kaapo Kakko could never do this shit," Trevor says before handing the baby off to a different boy.

"Give birth?' I ask, and Trevor nods his head, giggling. 

I replay everyone's reaction in my head and smile. 

My sweet boy, Elliot Blake you are already so loved, I can't wait to love you for the rest of my life.

A.N// WOOP WOOP ELLIOT BLAKE HUGHES IN THE HOUSE!!!

guys, I did not expect to love writing Jack as a dad.... Me is thinkingg...

perhaps not too much thinking, but an idea is brewing who knows, I know people don't really enjoy that trope.

Anyways I hope you enjoyed getting to go through Josie's first pregnancy. The next chapter will hopefully be shorter but who knows. I got carried away.

I love you guys forever, text me if you need anything.

Love Lottie 💐💐💐

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

27.2K 666 31
to him, she was always his heaven.
243K 5.7K 64
。°✩ | ˗ˏˋ ☆ ˎˊ˗ | 𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴𝗲𝗿 "but you always really knew i just want to be with you" ❝ i love her but she won't forgive me ❞ ❝ i think she will ❞ q...
223K 2.1K 47
When Taylor McTavish moved to Anaheim to live with her twin brother Mason she was prepared for sunny beaches and pretty sunsets. What she wasn't prep...
23.9K 1K 23
𝗛𝗢𝗪 𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗚𝗘𝗧 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗚𝗜𝗥𝗟 ! ✿⎯⎯ 𝒊𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 six months of struggling with heartbreak lead to a startling realisation. 𝐎𝐑 𝒊𝒏 𝒘𝒉...