mummy || myg

Od lvndrkookfics

"i'm sorry my daddy is late again, ms. lee" Lee YN. Fresh out of university and ready to take on the world. T... Více

meet the characters
I: little devils
II: sora
III: chocolate chip cookies
IV: sorry
V: thoughts
VI: meet the gang
VII: little family
VIII: chunhei's daddy
IX: stacked spaghetti
X: the dirty
XI: dinner
XII: sleepover
XIII: mine
XIV: my mummy
XV: bitch?
XVI: maleficent
XVII: yuna
XVIII: dentist
XIX: clingy
XX: one piece
XXI: win-win situation
XXII: mrs. min
XXIII: good girl
XXIV: ice skating
XXV: wrestle that bitch
XXVI: together
XXVII: soft mornings
XXVIII: christmas eve morning
XXIX: disturbance
XXX: does my hair look good?
XXXI: key
XXXII: laundry room
XXXIII: packing
XXXIV: us against the world
XXXV: mama and papa
XXXVI: love of my life
XXXVII: bad dream
XXXVIII: pancakes
update
XXXIX: we meet again
XL: new years eve
XLI: pancakes and cookies
XLII: don't wanna leave
XLIII: welcome to the family
XLIV: grandchildren
XLV: promise
XLVI: don't screw this up
XLVII: fear
quick update (feb.7,2021)
where have I been? (june 6 2021)
XLIX: fighting
L: start to end
LI: a scare
LII: make up
LIII: a disagreement
LIV: ms. lee
LV: set the table
LVI: dude
rest in peace, Moonbin
LVII: girls night
LVIII: late
LIX: bun
LX: oops
LXI: dami
LXII: yucky
LXIII: three kids
LXV: waiting game
LXVI: won't be long
LXVII: on his way
LXVIII: every step of the way
LXIX: can't wait
LXX: research
lxxi: uncles

LXIV: disappointment

1.3K 97 16
Od lvndrkookfics

day before the appointment

"Mummy?" Chunhei calls out from the desk that she had been sitting at.

"Yes, baby?" I look up from my laptop where I had been inputting grades all afternoon. 

With the third quarter of the school year coming to a close, I was rushing to get all grades finished and up to date before we begin end-of-the-year testing. Because of tomorrow's appointment, I wouldn't have time to work on it tomorrow so I spent the whole of this afternoon after the students had gone to do grades. 

"Will daddy be home tonight?" 

"I'm not quite sure, sweetie," I sigh, looking over at Chunhei who had be working on a coloring sheet to keep her occupied, "He hasn't texted me all day so it looks like he's busy at work."

Chunhei simply nods and returns to her work. I sigh and get up from my desk and walk over to her. I sit down in the chair next to her and call her name to get her attention.

"You miss daddy?" I ask her, pulling her closer to my side.

"Mhmm," She nods her head, nuzzling into my side, "We had a good weekend, but he had to go back to work yesterday."

"I know," I simply reply, stroking her hair and hoping to figure out a correct response, "Wanna try and call him?"

 "Yes please," She answers, grabbing one of my hands and giving it a squeeze. 

This weekend had been quite fun for all the kids. On Saturday, we had taken Chunhei, Haru, and Noah to the mall where they played in the kids arcade for a good two hours and Sunday was spent at home cuddling and watching movies with just me, her, and Yoongi. On Monday and Tuesday, Yoongi was able to work from home so he was there when we left for school and came home. This has been very appreciated by Chunhei because she had not seen or hung out with her dad like this in a while. 

Unfortunately, Yoongi was called into the studio early Wednesday and had not come home since. Yesterday after coming home from school, Yoongi was nowhere to be found in the apartment and when we woke up this morning, he was still not home. 

Squeezing Chunhei closer to my side, I fish my phone out from my pocket and press on Yoongi's FaceTime contact. The phone rings for about a minute before it turns off, indicating that Yoongi did not answer. I look down and see Chunhei's disappointed face. 

"We can try again if you want, my love," I look on her face for any signs of emotion.

Her disappointment is clear as she nods slowly.

"Maybe he'll answer this time," She sighs.

I press on Yoongi's contact one more time but the result does not change. 

"Maybe daddy's busy," Chunhei whines, burying her face into my side.

"We'll try again when we get home, love bug," I reassure her, rubbing her back softly, "Let's pack up and head home. I'm making lasagna for dinner."

"That's my favorite!" She cheers, her disappointment going away for a few seconds, "Thank you, mummy."

"Anything for you, Chunnie." 

back home

"Go and change out of your outside clothes, love," I tell Chunhei as soon as we get home. 

We got home a bit later than usual so instead of cooking, I bargained with Chunhei that I'd get her favorite restaurant's lasagna delivered instead and I'd make her my own lasagna this weekend. With a promise of dessert, she was able to agree and accept that she wouldn't be having my homemade lasagna tonight. 

After putting all my stuff down, my phone beeps, indicating a notification. Hoping it would be Yoongi, I make my way to the kitchen sink and wash my hands before pulling out my phone. I unlock it and see a single text from Yoongi.

yoongi: swamped again. won't be coming home tonight. 

I look at the text and scoff. It may just be the fatigue that I had been battling, but Yoongi's text message did not sound like his usual messages when he was staying late at the studio. 

There were no "I miss you and Chunhei" or "Hope I can come home soon" and it had me skeptical for a few minutes. 

I shoot back a quick "ok, try and call us. Chunhei misses you" before the doorbell rings, indicating that our delivery dinner has arrived. 

I make my way to the front door and grab the delivery, the food smelling great and still steaming. I walk over to the kitchen island and begin setting the food up. 

"Chunnie!" I call out, "Dinner's here!"

"Coming, mummy!" 

after dinner

"Just one scoop, love, and then we can cuddle a bit on the couch."

After dinner, Chunhei remembered her promised dessert and did not leave the table until I had promised to give her her ice cream. It took a bit of convincing, but since it was a school night, I did not want her to have too much sugar before bed, but she did have about an hour and half before bedtime so I figured one scoop wouldn't cause too much of a problem.

"Ok!" Chunhei quickly agrees.

"But I have to clean up first," I bargain, "Why don't you wait for me on the couch and we can pick a show to watch."

Chunhei nods and makes her way over to the living room after thanking me for dinner. I send her back a quick smile and shoo her away to the living room. 

Since dinner consisted of takeout, there weren't as many dishes to wash so I quickly threw all the disposable containers into the trash before taking out two bowls and the ice cream from the freezer. Setting the three items on the counter, I grab my phone to check if Yoongi had texted back. I frown as I see no messages from him. I do perk up when I see a message from Sora.

Sora: hi, mama! just checking up on you and how you're feeling. is Yoongi still watching Chunnie tomorrow? Jin will be free in case!

YN: hiii! I'm ok! Chunhei and I came home a bit late because I stayed back at school later than usual so I'm a bit tired.

YN: Yoongi was called into the studio and he hasn't texted me since yesterday :( I'm gonna ask him one more time if he could watch Chunhei, but if anything, I'll take up that offer from Jin :(

Sora: oh no, that's weird. have you tried calling him?

Sora: and of course! should Yoongi not answer by tomorrow, Jin can pick up Chunhei when he picks up Noah and I'll drive you to the appointment.

YN: thank you!! I can't thank you both enough. if Yoongi answers, I'll let you know!

Sora: don't stress out too much about it, YN. we're always here to help. 

I smile as I send Sora one last text and move on to scooping the ice cream. After getting two servings scooped out, I make my way to the couch and see that Chunhei had already chosen a show to watch.

"Turning Red?" I question as I sit down next to her.

"Minseo said he watched it with his mummy this weekend!"

"It sounds interesting," I hand her the bowl and adjust so we were sitting comfortably with Chunhei tucked into my side. 

I press play and begin eating my ice cream. Chunhei finishes hers before mine and whines at my unfinished serving. She gives me her signature pout and I scold myself as I give in and feed her my last few bites.

"Thank you, mummy, love you," She smiles up at me for a brief second before turning back to the movie.

"Love you more, baby girl," I place a kiss on her forehead.

While the movie plays, I place our finished ice cream bowls on the coffee table and sit back into position. As Chunhei watches the movie, I turn away for a quick minute to check if Yoongi had responded. Shaking my head at the lack of response, I shoot him one last text message before returning back to the movie. 

"Yoon? My appointment is tomorrow. Will you still be able to pick Chunhei up? We miss you."

not proofread

a/n: double updates 🤗

hopefully this makes up for my slow updating I've been doing these past few weeks! drop your predictions of what's gonna happen here!! I'd love to hear hehehehe 

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

117K 4.1K 18
((COMPLETED)) You blink and feel a tear run down your cheek. You lean over to Yoongi and take his hand. He faces you again. You pull him into a hug a...
28K 991 24
Accidentally in Love Series Book 1 Jimin and his wife have recently separated and are in the process of going through a divorce. After finding out th...
179K 5.2K 26
Lilly is a 17 year old girl that is about to garaduate high school. Unfortunately her music teacher will send her to South Korea to another teacher t...
322K 10.6K 29
She has the looks, the brain and the popularity but she had one flaw, she was a gangster at her old school. Now, she planning to change her image at...