Rather Be (A Camren Story)

By iloveyou1234566

"There is no place in the world I rather be than with you." More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29 (Final Chapter)
Wishes

Chapter 7

13.4K 400 209
By iloveyou1234566

"Deep breathe Lauren," I said to myself, taking in a deep breath of air.

I brought my hand up to the hotel door then quickly brought it back down to my side. I can do this. I slowly brought my hand back up to the door and knocked lightly.

In the matter of seconds, the door widened to reveal the chocolate eye Latina wearing her black 1975 t-shirt I bought her when we went to their concert and a pair of one direction pajama bottoms. Her damp, dark hair was pulled up into a messy bun with a few strands helping to define her facial features.

"Lauren," she said, looking at me concerned. "Where are the girls?" She asked, noticing I was childless.

"Dinah and Normani said they would take them for the night," I answered, causing her to relax a bit.

"Isn't Dinah's birthday tomorrow? I thought she would have went out clubbing or something since we don't have a show tomorrow," She replied, slightly confused about the situation.

"Dinah did say something about her and Mani wanting to play beer pong with the girls," I joked.

"What?!" Her eyes widening at my joke. "Lauren they're-"

"They're only three, I know," I laughed, cutting her off. "It's good to start them out young."

"I really hope you're joking," she replied, not funny this funny.

"Ally also mention something about hiring exotic male dancers," I teased.

"Lauren," she said, placing her hands on my shoulders and pushing me back only a step.

"Abuse," I yelled out in the empty hallway.

"Really Lauren?" She questioned, rolling her eyes. "What exactly did you come to my room for?"

"I actually wanted to talk you," I said, wanting to quickly get to the point as to why I was here.

"Okay," she said, trailing off at the end.

"Can I come in?" I asked, sensing how awkward this situation has become.

"Yeah," she nodded, opening up the door wider so I could enter.

I walked into the room, taking in the scenery of the room. For once, Camila didn't make her hotel room look like a tornado ran through it. Her bags and gifts from fans were aligned neatly against the wall. Papers were sprawled out all over the cherry oak desk but it didn't look as messy as her desk would usually be. The only thing on the floor was two white towels she must have used earlier.

"Oh, this is for you," I remember, taking the half melted twix bar out of my leather jacket.

"Uh thanks," she said, hesitantly taking the candy bar out of my. She walked passed me and placed the candy bar in the mini fridge.

Really Lauren? A twix bar? You're not 15 anymore. Stick to Normani's plan.

"So you wanted to talk to me?" She asked, continuing the most awkward conversation I've been in. The last time I felt this way was seven and a half years ago, when I made the boldest decision ever and finally grew the balls to ask Camila to be my girlfriend.

"Oh yeah," I said, still blanking on what Normani had planned for me to say.

My body started to overheat as I stood there unable to say anything. Everything in me wants to run out of the room but at the same time I can't move.

"Lauren, you're scaring me," she said, looking me in the eyes concern.

"S-s-sorry," I stuttered out, slapping myself in the head because of how I can't even get a single word out.

"Sit down," she instructed, grabbing ahold of my hands and leading me over to the chair at the desk so I could sit down. "Don't move, okay?"

Unable to say anything, I nodded my head in agreement. She walked over to the fridge and pulled out a bottle of water. She unscrewed the cap before walking back over to me and handing me the bottle.

"Thanks," I replied. I brought the bottle to my lips, letting the cool water soothe my throat and calm me down.

"Oh yeah," she said, her attention focused on the desk. I moved my chair slightly to see what she was looking at. "I got the divorce papers earlier, so in a few months we'll finally be free from each other."

I set the half empty bottle on the desk, pushing the chair back so I could stand up.

"Laur-"

I cut her off with my lips, something I should have done months before I lost her.

"Lauren," her delicate lips mumbled against mine.

"Shh," I whispered.

She kissed back with as much passion, if not more. Tiny butterflies flew like crazy around my stomach. I pushed her back, falling on top of her as we fell back onto the bed. I removed my lips from her and started planting a trail of kisses down her jawline.

"Lauren," she huffed, using the slight energy that she had left to push my chest up slightly. "My phone.

I removed my lips from her jawline and looked over at the phone having a seizure on the nightstand. I pushed myself off her, allowing her to tend to the vibrating device. She crawled to the other side of the bed, picking up her phone and answering.

"Hello?" She asked, holding her phone up to ear.

Her face suddenly dropped when she heard who was on the other side. Her hand started to shake as the loud voice came through the phone. I'm unable to hear what the person on the other side is saying but her eyes showed fear.

"I-," she started to say, but was instantly cut off by the other voice. A tear fell from her dull chocolate eye, rolling down her face, and landing on her tanned leg.

"Mhm," she mumbled before hanging up the call and throwing the iPhone towards the room door.

"I should get-"

"Please stay," she said, her voice cracking at the end.

I kicked off my black heels and climbed into bed next to her, pulling her weight-less body on top of mine.

"Shh," I soothed, rubbing tiny circles on her back with my index finger.

"Ow," Camila screamed when my finger touched her skin.

I lifted her shirt up slightly to see an ugly black and blue mark on her back.

"Camila, who did this to you?" I asked, angry that someone had the audacity to lay their hand on my girl.

"I fell," she answered, quickly pulling her shirt down over her bruise.

"Camila, I've know you long enough to know when you're lying. Now tell me who hurt you," I demanded.

"Help me," she cried into my shirt, soaking it with her tears. "Please," she begged, her body starting to shake on top of mine.

"I want to, Camz. I really do," I acknowledge. "But I can't if you don't tell me what's going on."

"I don't want a divorce," she admitted, looking up into my emerald eyes.

"Neither do I," I admitted truthfully.

"But he does," she said, clutching onto my shirt tightly.

"He? Camila, I have no idea who you're talking about," I replied, trying to piece this all together.

"Austin," she whispered, loud enough for me to hear.

Him.

"Why does Austin want us to get a divorce?" I asked, carefully stroking my finger over the bruise.

"He came to the apartment...a few months ago," she started, her chocolate orbs filled with water. "The girls were there-"

"Did that bastard touch them?" I gritted through my teeth.

"No," she answered, shaking her head. "Someone was banging on the door," she went on. "I didn't know who, so I locked the girls into the playroom and told them to stay quiet." She took a deep breathe before continuing. "He barged into house and started hitting me when I said the divorce hasn't been finalized. When he left, the girls came out...Oh my god, I'm such a fucking bad parent," she cried harder.

Austin is Superman.

~ Flashback ~

"Camz, come lay with me," I whined while scrolling down my tumblr dashboard. 

"I have to pack!" she yelled from the closet.

I placed my phone on the bedside table before rolling off the bed and walking into the closet to find my wife busily packing.

"Camz, you have ten seconds to get your ass out of the closet before I drag you out," I demanded, wanting my quality cuddle time with my wife before she leaves me for a few weeks.

"I thought I already came out when I became your girlfriend," she teased, continuing to fold more of her clothes that were scattered all throughout the closet floor.

"Camz, you know what I meant," I said, unamused from her joke that has already been over used.

"As much as I would love to cuddle with you, I have to get my bag packed."

"Or you could just forget about Milan and come lay in bed with me," I suggested, liking my option more than hers.

She placed the folded clothes into the suitcase before zipping it up and walking over to me. She slid her arms around my waist, slowly rocking the two of us back and forth.

"You had the option of coming with me," she reminded me.

"I did, but moving the girls to another country doesn't seem practical," I laughed, kissing the top of her head.

"Maybe I could talk to Austin and see if I can stay here an extra day. Maybe even getting Dinah to watch the girls for us," she smirked before crashing her lips onto mine.

I placed my hands on her butt, bringing her boy closer to mine. I pulled my lips away from her, but kept my eyes locked with her chocolate orbs.

"That's actually a really great idea."

"Too bad that's not going to happen," she laughed, twirling a loose strand of my hair around her index finger.

"Way to crush my dream, babe," I pouted.

"I sowwy," she said in her baby voice.

My pout quickly turned into a smile from her cuteness. Her hands cupped my face, pulling me in for another kiss.

"I swear, Camz, if he lays one finger on you, I'm going to kill him," I mumbled against her lips.

"He's not going to touch me," she replied before sucking slowly on my bottom lip. "It's all business, remember?"

"Business or not, he could still touch you. You're fucking gorgeous, Camz. Everyone wants a piece of you," I admitted.  

"Would you stop worrying? I've done photoshoots for him before and never once has he laid a finger on me."

"Still-"

She reattached our lips and directed me towards the bed, clearing my mind about the whole photoshoot in Milan.

~ End of Flashback ~

"Can you please sing?" she sniffled before burying her face into the crook of my neck.

"Of course," I smiled slightly, kissing the top of her head. "Anything in particular?"

"Ours please," she answered, wrapping her arms around my neck. 

Oh

We're a thousand miles from comfort, we have traveled land and sea

But as long as you are with me, there's no place I'd rather be

I would wait forever, exalted in the scene

As long as I am with you, my heart continues to beat

With every step we take, Kyoto to The Bay

Strolling so casually

We're different and the same, gave you another name

Switch up the batteries

If you gave me a chance I would take it

It's a shot in the dark but I'll make it

Know with all of your heart, you can't shame me

When I am with you, there's no place I'd rather be

N-n-n-no, no, no, no place I'd rather be

Ooh ooh

"I love you, Camz," I whispered. "I promise he'll never touch you again."

——

Hi lovelies!!

So now that finals and my SAT is over with, I'll finally be able to update a lot more! I'm going to try and start prewriting some chapters so I can update daily.

Please leave me some feedback and have a great day

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74.2K 1.8K 62
just a story about three girls in love.
18.8K 1K 38
Ally falls into a financial crisis, so when her Normani gets her a job, she's in for a whole new world. A sexy dirty world.
10.7K 355 20
The trouble life with Lauren and Dinah...
132K 2.8K 20
Lauren & You one shots and short stories.