Tales From Superboy! (Discont...

Par SirGalivinth

A re-imagined telling of the New 52 Superboy's origin and heroic journey in a great big superhero-packed worl... Plus

Welcome to the world of the living.
#1
#2
#3 ( Co-written)
#4
#5
#6
#7
#8
#9
#10
#11
#12
#13
Dr.Kent's Backstory
#14 (Reign of Supermen Part 1)
#15 (Reign of Supermen Part 2)
#16 (Reign of Supermen Part 3)
Annual Special! (All-Star Superboy)

#17 (Reign of Supermen Finale)

24 0 0
Par SirGalivinth

"I don't believe you..."

"It's the truth."

"But how can that be? Your body was buried in Metropolis City. How did your vandalized grave go unnoticed?"

"I'm not sure. Four years have passed since that day, so it is rather strange."

"Four years? What?  You died just nearly two years--..." In the middle of his back and forth with the man who goes by 'Kal-EL', a realizations dawns upon the artificial youth yet again. As a scowl takes form across his face, Connor's eyes momentarily advert off to the side.
"The cube did this..."

"Cube? What are you talking about?" The kryptonian clad in black and silver bracers questions with an arching a brow.

"You shouldn't believe alive... There shouldn't be other Supermen, but because of that mysterious cube, reality has been changed. Past, present, and... definitely my future." Connor begins as he turns away from the Kent family, placing his hands upon his own hips as he takes a few steps forward.
"Why would it do all of this, though...? Why bring him back? Why bring in other people from a different reality?" He murmurs the questions to himself while contemplating.

"I'm not 100% sure I'm following what you're telling me, but it sounds like that cube may be something incredibly powerful. Do you know where it is now?" Kal-EL asks.

"No, I don't. After that massive glow it gave off, it just vanished into thin air. Haven't seen or heard anything about it since then."

"I see. Well, hopefully it's served its purpose and is gone for good."

"I disagree... If I could, I'd use it to fix everything that's wrong." Connor responds coldly.

"Surely this isn't such a terrible change of events in your eyes, is it? I'd say it's great that there's been several capable hands picking up where I left off to protect Metropolis."

"On that, too, I disagree. I don't know much about the others, especially that cyborg... However, I do know that lunatic you call an 'aid' is a murdering scumbag. He's a threat to public safety. So, either you order him to stay home, or I'll be forced to take care of him myself next time." Connor warns as he turns to face his elder again- the very man who looks upon him with a wary frown.

"What? Are you saying Eradicator killed someone?" Kal-EL asks.

"Are you surprised an individual with a name like that would do such a thing? I saw him with my own eyes. He killed a bunch of thugs in a warehouse back in Metropolis City." Connor retorts firmly.

"I had no idea, but of course, that's no real excuse. I had just assumed he was out gathering solar energy to help with my recovery, which he has been providing, but I didn't know he was also trying to fill my role as Superman. He at least... seemed to have a solid understanding of morals, but he is nothing short of a machine. An... AI, to be exact. I can at least assure you that it WON'T be happening again anytime soon. And... I take full responsibility for his actions." Kal-EL wholeheartedly assures with honesty glimmering in his vibrant blue eyes - something that softens Connor's annoyance just enough.

"It's... That's good enough. Just restrain him here. If he MUST continue to gather solar energy for you, then make sure he goes no further than above this structure. That's all I ask of you."

"That, I can certainly do. You have my word. Honestly, I'm feeling much better these days. I was actually even thinking about returning to my days as Superman."

"Return?" Connor repeats.

"Yes. I think I've had plenty of time to recovery and I feel like I'm ready to return to the public to help those in need." 

"Maybe you should reconsider..."

"Excuse me?"

"What purpose would you have for returning to as Superman?" Connor counters with a question of his own.

"Helping others is reason enough, son. I don't do it for my health or for fame. All I want to do is help where I'm needed."

"Don't call me 'son', has-been. This world already has a more-than-capable Superman... And you're looking at him." Connor retorts with hostility dripping from his stoic-like tone. It was even more apparent within his unwelcoming frown. A reaction that takes Kal-EL by surprise.

"...Young man. You shouldn't be out there flying around and calling yourself 'Superman' when you've got a chip on your shoulder THAT large. It's not ego. It never was. It's just about doing the right thing. This isn't a competition. A helping hand should not be a threat in your eyes." The elder of the two attempts to reason with the other.

"I don't see you as a threat... You're just outdated and replaced."

"And you might be a little too green for me retire just yet." Kal-EL counters firmly.

"Doesn't necessarily matter what you think. Do what you want, but know that I'm not going anywhere any time soon. At least, in the context of residing within Metropolis. Here, though? I think my business is long done now." Connor announces before turning to make his way for the exit. As he goes from walking to floating onward, he gives the other some parting words.
"Here's hoping I don't have to see your face again too soon!"

__________

[ Approximately 14 Hours Later. ]

Dhoom-dhoom-dhoom! Clark Kent, the father of Jon Kent and the husband of Lois Lane-Kent, hears knocking from the front entrance of his massive fortress. Soon enough, he goes to answer the door.  When he does, that massive mechanical door raises to reveal the young from just the previous day. Frowning and with his hands tucked away in the pockets of his leather jacket.
A sigh that makes Clark arch a brow as he folds his arms.

"Back so soon, are we?"

"Unfortunately..." Is Connor's dry response.

"Well, what's the occasion? Did something come up?" The older male asks. However, the answer comes in the form of a woman stepping around into sight to stand beside the young man, who she slips an arm around the shoulders of.
 Her apparel makes Clark stare dumbfoundedly. She's dressed similarly to the youth, save more formal - a kryptonian suit including knee high crimson boots, a house of EL shield on her chest, and a large crimson cape.

"Hi there! My son told me about you and, well, I thought I ought to pay you a visit myself." The woman informs him enthusiastically with a smile.

"Oh, I see. Are you... Are you a kryptonian, as well?" Clark asks.

"Indeed I am. 100% and very much from Krypton itself. I'm Jol-EL, by the way!" She introduces herself and extends her free hand out to Clark. 

"Kal-EL. Nice to meet you, Jol-EL. You should come inside and talk."

"Should I come back later or just wait until you return home?" Connor asks while weary expression takes form across his face and lifting a hand to rub at the back of his head.

"Neither. You're coming inside with me, Connor." She answers.

"But Ma..."

"No But's, young man. It's important that you're here for this, too. This is an unexpected miracle, after all."

"Miracle?" Connor repeats with shifty eyes.

"Why, of course. Now come along." Jol-EL insists and guides him inside along with herself. The three head to a room with a sizeable table and chairs, the area Kal-EL usually has breakfast and dinner with his family. There, they gather and sit. However, it's only Jol and Kal who engage in dialogue. The two wastes little time to share details about their lives to one another, of which Kal-EL is the first to do so. Meanwhile, Connor slouches in his seat, propping an elbow atop of an arm of his seat as he rests his chin upon the palm of his hand. Staring off at nothing with a dull look on his face.

"--And ever since that day, I've been adopted into the Kent family. They've taught me all of the lessons I could ever need growing up on their farm." Kal finishes up his tale.

"How interesting. It sounds quite similar to my story. You see, I'm from alternative universe. I built an escape ship to prepare for the destruction of Krypton because our high council refused to heed my warnings and advice. There was only so much I could do, after all. Despite being the most qualified scientist... Despite my breakthroughs, my achievements, and precise calculations... They just kept fighting me. It was as if they were actively striving to embrace the death of our planet and people. It was awfully strange, because they didn't brush me off like they did before my discovery. 

Anywho. I departed just in time to escape the blast radius of Krypton's implosion and traveled far in my pod ship--"

"Wait...I'm sorry to cut you off, but that all sounds awfully familiar. Kal-El chimes.
"My father - or rather, the AI of him, said something similar about his time on Krypton before it was destroyed. How the High Council refused to listen to him, and how he built a small ship to escape. What's even more interesting, is that his name is Jor-EL. My mother's name is Lara-EL." 

"Lara-EL? Funny. I was once married to a Lar-EL. He adopted my family name during our engagement, given that he was the last of his house. Father and mother both gone." Jol tells him before shuffling in her seat a bit. Adjusting to rest a leg over the other as she interlocks her fingers upon her lap.
"What are the odds, hm? Sadly though, we didn't have a child. I was far too swept up in my work and research. It's because of that, we ended up getting a divorce at his request. I'm sure he found peace with the person he found before that tragic end."

"Ah, I'm sorry that's how things turned out for you, too." Kal tells her.

"It's fine and in the past. At least I've been given a chance to see what our son could've grown to be." She responds with a warm smile. In turn, he gives one of his own.
 Connor? He's too swept up within his own thoughts to pay attention. His mind drowns out all of their words as he idly sits in place. He remains as such until his mother reaches over to give his shoulder a slight shake.
"--Right, Connor?"

"Hm?" Snapping out of his thoughts, his head whips in her direction and his eyes become more alert.

"I was just telling Kal-EL that we'd be happy to have him and his family over for dinner." She tells him.

"We would...?" He asks rather dismissively.

"Yes, we would. He's practically your biological big brother, after all." She informs him.
He blinks and sits up in his seat while staring at her with a look of disbelief on his face.

"...He's WHAT?"

End.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

1.6K 39 14
When an ancient weapon of mass destruction resurfaces on Earth in the present, it's up to the Justice League to save the world from the weapon fallin...
25.7K 435 11
When the Flash returns to Earth-38 to be with Kara he gets more than he bargained for as he is drawn into a mystery.
System X Par kQuartz+

Fiction générale

19 11 11
The final part of the Call Ended universe, a culminating point (while also being the start of a new plotline). What will transpire, and what will the...
Synthetic Violet Par

Fiction générale

320 7 10
A hero shows up at a villain's doorstep one night. Dazed and bleeding, they look up at the villain, mumble "...I didn't know where else to go," and c...