glitch | jack hughes

By hughesluvr1989

We were supposed to be just friends, you don't live in my part of town but maybe I'll see you out some weeken... More

Introduction
Disclaimer
Playlist
Cast
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Epilogue
Epilogue media pt.1
Epilogue pt.2
Epilogue media pt.2
thank you!

Chapter 44

5K 70 116
By hughesluvr1989

A.N//For our sake and Josie and Jack's happiness pretend that a flight can be quick...

Josephine

I wake up to Theo pushing me back and forth, trying to wake me up. "Josie, Jos, Jo, Josephine!" He goes through every possible name I can be called before I finally get up. "Yes, Ted?" I ask, rubbing my eyes, wishing I had gotten a few more hours of sleep. "Let's go get breakfast, just you and me," He smiles, I can't say no to him, he's just the sweetest guy. 

"Yeah, yeah let's go," I get up from his bed and race up to my hotel room to get ready, not wanting to be alone for too long. I throw on one of Jack's old sweaters with some jeans and some black Converse. For makeup, I only put on some concealer and mascara in hopes it would make me look a little more alive.

I walk out of my room, bumping into someone leading me to panic and flinch away. "Jos, what's going on? You've been flinching like crazy whenever I try touching you," He says, making the panic in my chest flow through my body. "I-I'm sorry Ted, I just- Last tour there were a few scary incidents where fans would wait outside my door so I just got scared." I lie. Again.

He wraps an arm around my shoulders before walking to the cute diner a few blocks away from where we're staying. As soon as we walk out of the hotel I feel an immediate inch in my body telling me someone is lurking. I snap my head in every direction, hoping it's just my body making things up. I see a few girls with their phones out, wearing my merch. I smile at them, tugging on Theo's arm to stop walking.

I turn around to talk to them enjoying their company. I autograph whatever paper they have in their tote bags, and take a few pictures with them. Throughout this whole tour, they are what keep me going. I've come to hate going outside to feel watched but they make me want to leave the house more in case I meet one of them.

Twitter:

welovejosielee: GUYSSSS MY FRIEND AND I MET JOSIE AND THEO WHEN THEY WERE WALKING TO A DINER!

inluvwiththeolee: HE IS SOOOO FINE!!! THEIR GENESSSS😍😍

"Are you guys going to stick with your band name or make a new one?" I ask Theo as I shove a bit of my pancake into my mouth. I let the taste of the generic pancake sit on my tongue, making me miss making my dad's recipe, and the memories I've tied with them. "We'll probably stick with 'Inhaler' we don't want to confuse anybody," He says taking a sip of his coffee. 

For the first time since Jack left at the first show, I eat and the food stays down. I take this as a small victory for me. I've hated my body for not being able to hold anything down only tobacco and water. I've felt disgusting, and what hurts more is that other people see it too. I've been on Twitter where people point things out about my body. I had to delete Twitter because I couldn't handle people seeing exactly what I was seeing. 

Theo and I keep talking about touring and what he has planned for Inhaler and even asks for some advice for a new song they're writing called 'Dublin in Ecstasy' My phone starts ringing, making me hope it's Jack or Meredith. I grab my phone from my bag to see Jack's contact picture with a green and red button. I answer, a smile making its way up to my face. 

"Hi Rowds," I blush, being so excited to talk to him. He chuckles softly before greeting me, "Hi baby, how are you?" We talk for a little as Theo gags from how sweet I'm being to Jack after constantly being in a bad mood. I ask him about him and how he's doing and he tells me all about this award he's been nominated for.

"Jack, that's amazing, when is it?" I ask wanting to go home even if it's for a day or two, "It's September 15th," He tells me, as I check my schedule to see I have a show on that day and have to go to Germany two days after. "I know, baby. Trust me the day I found out when it was I checked your schedule." He sighs

"I'm sorry, honey, truly this breaks my heart, "I tell him, wishing I could've gone. I hear a soft sniffle, so faint you could hardly hear it. "No, it's alright Jos, but uhh I have to head to training now, so I'll call you later," He says, telling me he loves me before hanging up. I put the phone down, tears building up in my eyes as I explain to Theo what's going on,

"Well, that's in a few days," He says checking his phone before thinking of some sort of plan. The effort Theo is putting in to help me see Jack is so heartwarming I could cry from that alone. Out of nowhere, he smacks himself on the head, making me giggle.

 "Josie, time zones! Those are things. I just did the math in my head and if you leave right after the show you could be there for Jack on time," Theo tells me making me jump up from my booth with excitement. "Holy fuck, you're right!" I wipe whatever tears I had spilled out to look presentable when paying for our meal. 

After the idea of being able to go back home to see Jack sits in I decide to make it a surprise, but I'll need a little bit of help. I make a group chat of the guys I know for sure will be there

Project: Surprise Jack

Josie🎸: Huge huge HUGE favor...

Me! Hater〽️: What's up sis?

Huggy🧸: Woah, we're all in here

 minus Jack...

Josie🎸: okay so you know how Jack is up for that award?

Coley❤️: Oh yeah, I heard you couldn't go :(

Josie🎸: Well actually.

Turcs🤘🏻: OH

wannabe hughes🪐: I'M IN

Josie🎸: z, I haven't even pitched my idea yet

wannabe hughes🪐: IDC IM IN

Josie🎸: okay well I want to surprise him, and I just need help executing it

Since that night when I made the group chat, I've been nonstop planning my trip to New York where the awards ceremony will be held. Brendan hasn't been hurting me in his past few visits. I try to be on my best behavior all night and when he comes around mainly because I don't want to come home with any fresh cuts. 

The scars on my thigh, calf, and hips are still there including all the scrapes and bruises he left on me too. They're still pretty hard to look at, so I try to not look at them when I'm changing or looking at myself in the mirror.

Tonight is the last show before I get on my plane to see Jack. I watch Theo lead his band in a few songs, excluding the songs Alex wrote about me. He looks over to my side, smiling into his mic as he sings one of the songs he wrote. I watch from the corner of the stage, behind the curtain where you'd have to be on stage to see me. I watch as Theo looks over to the other side of the room, breaking his neck to do a double take of a blonde girl in one of the balconies. 

He blushes, smiling shyly before looking back down at his feet. Oh, I'm going to tease him about this once he's off. "Thank you London, We're Inhaler, this was an amazing show! Be good to my sister," he says goodbye to them, waving to them before bumping into me on his way off the stage. "Who's that girl huh? Broke your neck to look at her," I tease him as he turns redder by the second. 

"I saw her out at a pub, and told her she should come, I didn't think she would though," He tells me, practically running away from me as I ask more questions. "Josie, geez, I'm going to go grab her, and you're gonna be tame." He freaks out before running to the door he told her to meet him at. Tame? Like how he was when Jack and I started hanging out.

I know for a fact Theo timed everything perfectly because, by the time I see a glimpse of her, I have to go up on stage. Asshole. I run through my routine of blowing kisses and holding their hands while singing Difficult. I try my best to keep my eyes on the people supporting me instead of who my head is worrying out. Despite wanting to figure out where he is so I can keep my eye on him I try not to.

"Tonight, I want to cover a song that's very special to me, and reminds me of someone I love a lot." I begin strumming my guitar just like I've been practicing ever since he posted me to those lyrics. "He says he doesn't believe anything much he hears these days," I sing, causing the room to roar.

"Too young to know it gets better, I'll be summer sun for you forever," I sing into my mic, reminding me of how Jack feels like the perfect day. I call him Sunny for a reason. I sing the rest of the song wiping a tear from my eye. "God, I miss that guy so much," I laugh into my mic, causing the people in the room to 'aww' and laugh with me.

I sing the final song, smiling because I know once I step foot off this stage it's off to New York. I say goodbye, blowing kisses to the crowd before running off, leaving London in my stage outfit. I hug Theo goodbye, "I'll see you in Germany, stay safe. Also hi, I'm so sorry I'm in such a rush. This is an awful first impression, but I'm Josie, his big sister, when I get back then we can chat!" I say sweetly, not trying to be overbearing for the girl.

She waves me off, completely understanding why I'm running in 5-inch heeled boots. "We'll talk soon, Josie, I'm Akira! It was nice meeting you," She calls out after me, causing Theo to wear a huge smile on his face. He did not meet this girl last night. By the way, he's looking at her, she's been around a month and a half. 

I'm pushing my body out the door in search of my driver. From the corner of my eye, I catch Brendan walking up when my driver pulls up. I don't give him a chance to grab me because I'm jumping into the car and slamming the door, locking it as I tell Deb to drive. He bangs on the window screaming my name as my chest goes in and out. "Miss.Lee, is everything alright?"

I put a hand to my chest, trying to slow my breathing down once I know I'm good. I'm not sure if Brendan knows I'm not going to the hotel tonight but luckily for me I'm not so I won't have to feel his wrath. "Y-yeah, I'm alright," I say pulling my dress down when I can see the red scar on my thigh. "Crazy fans," I mutter, causing her to look at me through the mirror, knowing that's a lie but not pressing me on it. 

Project: Surprise Jack

Josie🎸: On the plane 

wannabe hughes🪐: Sick, we're leaving the house in 2 hours 

Huggy🧸: yes!! we've missed you

Me! Hater〽️: yeah, and hopefully you can take Jack out of his mood.

 He's being such a bitch 

I'm about to tell him to fix his attitude or I'll come fix it for him

UGH, these middle children!!

Josie🎸: Is he actually being really moody?

Fuck, that's probably my fault. He's been super bummed that I 'can't go' but don't worry I'll fix it!

In like 4 hours!

Me! Hater〽️: I'm not sure if I want to know what you mean when you say you'll fix it...

Gross.

Josie🎸: Was not implying that at all... 

Get your head out of the gutter 

I try falling asleep on the plane so once I'm off I can be up and energetic for Jack. I have to push aside my excitement to fall asleep because every five seconds I'm jumping up from my seat excited to see Jack. I set an alarm for 30 minutes until the plane lands so I can touch up my makeup and put my black dress on for tonight.

Once the plane lands, I run as fast as I can to my new driver named, Ben and tell him where I'm headed. I send a quick message to the group chat letting them know I'm in New York and am heading over to them. We decide to not let Jack know I'm back until dinner, which is after the ceremony. I head to a separate room, the men letting me pass through once I drop my last name. Which isn't something I like to do but desperate times call for desperate measures. 

"And the award goes to, Jack Hughes!" The announcer says with the biggest smile, the camera cuts to Jack as he hugs his Mom before heading up to the stage. He smiles walking up the stage, but I know my boy and I know that's not a real smile. He gives a heartfelt speech sure to make Ellen cry but then it's my turn when he ends it with, "And to the person who couldn't be here tonight, I hope you're watching because this is for you," He mouthes a quick thank you before walking off the stage and back to his seat. 

Five minutes later my phone starts ringing and it's Jack. I mute the television before answering, "Hi baby," I smile into the phone. "Hi angel, I won," He sniffles breaking my heart into a million pieces. "You did?" I pretend as if I wasn't watching the entire time, trying to keep my voice neutral for his sake. "Yeah, but I wish you were here though. I really fuckin' miss you," His voice breaks as I hear his sniffles turn into heavy breathing.

God this is awful, I want to tell him so bad. "I know, darling, I'm sorry," I keep it short before I spoil the surprise. "Okay, I got to get back out there, I love you," He says softly. "I love you too, Rowdy," I say before he hangs up on me. 

Project: Surprise Jack

Josie🎸: Jack called me, and it took everything in me to not spoil the surprise 

wannabe hughes🪐: We would've been mad if you spoiled it, we've been working on this for days! 

The award ceremony ends, and the Hughes family plus the honorary Hughes leave to go get some dinner. I wait for Trevor to text me that they left so I don't risk accidentally bumping into them on my way out. I sit in my black dress and gold heels tapping my foot, and twisting my rings until I see.

wannabe hughes🪐: Just left 

I grab my bag and start heading out through the back entrance. I see Ben waiting outside for me, opening my door for me to step inside. I thank him before giving him his next destination. Only ten more minutes before I see Jack. I twist my rings and pop my knuckles sending the group chat another message letting them know that I am now on the way. 

Trevor sends me a group selfie where I can see the seating arrangement and see how Jack's back is to the entrance. I see the restaurant, and my nerves start bubbling up but I know once I'm with him again it'll all fade away. I hop out of the car, thanking Ben one more time before quietly opening the door. 

I watch as Ellen stands to her feet with her glass of champagne, "Jack, we are so proud of you. You were amazing and we may be biased but we can't think of anyone else who deserves that award more than you. We love you," They lift their glasses and I wrap my arms over Jack's shoulder, draping my arms around his chest. 

"Congrats, Jack," I whisper, before kissing his cheek gently. I feel him stiffen in my hold but then relaxes once he turns around realizing that it's me. His shoulders drop as if he had been carrying everything on them, and now that I'm here I can take it off. He gets out of his chair and wraps his arms around me. Caging me in them, squeezing me tightly. 

He tucks his face into my neck muttering, "Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck," I rub his back and tangle my hand in his hair, softly detangling it. I feel a warm wetness coat my neck, as a sniffle follows behind. "Hey, what's going on?" I whisper, kissing his temple, and shielding him away from everyone here. "God J, I just fucking missed you. I thought you'd be in London," He says, giving me the biggest, bluest puppy dog eyes I've ever seen. I could just melt into a puddle right now.

"I was, I left right after the show to be here," He cradles my face, pressing a sweet, very missed peck to my lips. He rubs my back one more time, making me forget that on a different continent, I can hardly hug my brother because of Brendan. But Jack has made me forget about him before, so he can do it again.

We pull away so I can hug everyone else, thanking the boys for helping me surprise him. Jack looks at all of us, betrayal coating every part of his expression. "You guys knew?" He scowls at them,  talking about how this is next-level betrayal. Luke starts dying laughing before saying, "Motherfucker thinks he's the great war, talking 'bout some, "Somewhere in the haze, got a sense I'd been betrayed." Get the fuck out of here," 

Ellen gasps as multiple curse words leave her youngest son's mouth. "Luke Warren Hughes, watch your mouth," She scolds him, causing a few of the guys to laugh. After I greet everyone else at the table, I sit back down next to Jack who throws my legs over his legs. I giggle, causing him to look up at me with the sweetest eyes. "Just need you closer to me," He says, earning a peck on his cheek as the warmest gooey feelings spread across my chest. 

Jack eats and talks with his family finally displaying his beautiful fucking smile. I have to fight to tear my eyes away from Jack to ask Trevor a question but laugh when I find him already looking at me. "What creeper?" I tease, pinching his arm, Trevor winces before shaking his head, "Nothing, you're just really good for him. He's been in a mood for weeks now, and you fixed it in a matter of seconds. I'm happy you two are dating," He smiles softly at me.

We head out of the restaurant, driving over to Jack's parent's house in New York. Jack holds my hand through every task he has. He's putting his food in a to-go box, he's holding my hand while doing it. When we're walking out of the building getting photographed his hand is holding my hand, my waist, or my shoulder. As I've mentioned before Jack is a pretty handsy guy, but not seeing him in months set his physical touch over the top. I love it. 

In the car he'll sneak a few kisses claiming, he just can't get enough. Once we get to his house Quinn and Luke run inside fighting for the shower since they let Jack get the big room with a shower because they knew I was coming. We laugh as the boys shove each other through the front door. 

Jack pats my butt softly as we walk up the stairs making me giggle as we walk into his room. Once we settle in his room I realize I have to take my dress off. The bruises on my arms were covered by my makeup but the scars on my legs aren't easy to cover up. I stand in his room unsure of how to approach this situation without hurting anyone I love. 

Jack lays on the bed, with his arms behind his head as he looks at me, standing in the middle of the room just looking around. "Are you alright my Josie girl?" he asks me, breaking me away from my racing thoughts. I think I can lie again, but once I nod and look him in his eyes my soft smile starts fading and my chest gets heavy. "Come here, baby," He gets up, walking me in between his legs to hold me. 

I clutch onto his shirt, hoping if I hold on long enough I'll never have to leave again. "What's happening to my girl?" He asks softly, cradling my face and wiping my tears. I try getting words out but the pain in my chest won't let me. I'm fighting trying to keep my friends safe while also trying to look out for myself. I hold onto his hands as my crying slows down. Here goes nothing.

"H-He, he's stalking me," I get the words out feeling a huge weight be lifted off of me. I haven't told a single person what's been going on, and I'm not ready to face the consequences of what speaking out gets me. Jack looks at me with furrowed brows unsure what I'm talking about, so I explain. "Since I got back from Eras but I didn't know it was Brendan until he pulled off his mask at a show," I sob holding onto Jack, before continuing. "He's everywhere, Jack. When I think I finally lost him there he is, a-a-and he's been hurting me." I let everything out. 

Jack shakes his head, looking around my body to see where I'm hurt. I take a deep breath before pulling my dress off to show him all the bruises and cuts he left on my body. His eyes look over my bruised body, his jaw hardening and his eyes flashing hurt and fury while letting tears flow out of his eyes. Jack isn't speaking so I keep talking. "I don't know what to do Jack, he said he'd hurt you or the boys if I told anyone so I just stayed quiet. But it's killing me, I'm so fucking tired." I sob, just wanting to feel safe with Jack tonight. 

Jack pulls me in closer to him holding me up as my body gives out against him. "I'm going to fucking kill him," He blows out a breath as tears flow against my shoulder. I pull away from him, shaking in his hold as I say, "Jack, I'm really scared," He wipes my tears, kissing my forehead as he says, "Hey, hey, hey, I'll take care of this, don't worry your sweet little head about this, I've got it now," He kisses my forehead again, rocking me slowly against him. 

He helps me into his clothes, washing my face before laying me down in bed beside him. I intertwine my body with his, resting my head on his chest letting everything that was plaguing me out. Jack said he'd handle it and I trust him, but how long will it be until then?

How long until my worst nightmare is over?

There are so many questions I have that are going unanswered, but until then I'll enjoy my time at home. I've missed him so much.

A.N// heyy guyss... how we doing? A bit of a longer chapter going on, but this is one of the chapters that actually made me want to write the book. Aren't we just so proud of our Josie, this was huge for her, and I'm so proud! I love you guys forever. Text me if you need anything!

Love Lottie💐💐💐

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

242K 5.7K 64
。°✩ | ˗ˏˋ ☆ ˎˊ˗ | 𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴𝗲𝗿 "but you always really knew i just want to be with you" ❝ i love her but she won't forgive me ❞ ❝ i think she will ❞ q...
80K 888 19
when cole caufield's twin sister falls for his former teammate. what will happen? will trevor fall too?
46.6K 868 22
"Can we, we keep, keep each other company?"