Spitfire - Eric Coulter

By Octavia_kom_skaikru

"Four like the number?" "No like the letter." "Haven't I told you to shut your damn mouth, Stiff?" "You did... More

Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter V
Chapter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XV
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII
Chapter XIX
Chapter XX
Chapter XXI
Chapter XXII
Chapter XXIII
Chapter XXIV
XXV
Chapter XXVI
Chapter XXVIII
Chapter XXIX

Chapter XXVII

2.8K 92 12
By Octavia_kom_skaikru

Guys, I passed my exams!!! So I am trying to update more consistently now.

I lost my fight against Uriah, but I am not mad about it. We sparred for almost twenty minutes until he got me into a hold that made me lose consciousness for a few seconds. It was a good fight nonetheless. I sit down with Tris and her friends during dinner. Her score still being the best in the Sim.

"Always when you think it gets better it just gets worse", Christina complains.

"I know. To think that it's been a week...we have to do another week and I can't imagine that it is at its worst just yet."

"True. They will add another element for sure. I have not figured out what it is yet, but I suppose we'll see", Will adds.

"Well, Eric's additional training class is official hell, but it works. I can barely lift the fork", I sigh.

Tris chuckles. "I can feed you dessert if you want."

"You underestimate the length I'd be willing to go for that chocolate cake", I laugh.

~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning I am up and in the training room at five, doing small stretches, waiting for Eric. My dagger is tightly strapped to my thigh, and his sweater tied around my waist.

The private training room might be smaller, but the equipment was a bit better here. When I finally hear footsteps down the hall, they are not only one pair but at least three. I would probably not be allowed in here and who knows who those people are. So I get up and with silent, hurried footsteps press myself behind one of the heavy metal doors that are anchored to the wall when opened. Through the small gap, I can make out three people as they pass. Eric, Max and Janine. What was the leader of Erudite doing here? It could of course be an official meeting, but why at five in the morning? I slowly move from my spot, peaking around the corner, the trio is disappearing into the room with the milky glass doors. A meeting room of some sort I suppose. I decide to continue my workout in the public gym after a small breakfast. There I meet Edward.

"Morning."

"You're up early."

"The gym is still empty then. You aren't in our dorm anymore. Rumor was you got kicked out."

"Yeah, I am sure Peter hopes so. But no, I just moved into the Dauntless dorm, after what happened at the Chasm the leaders offered that as a way for me to feel safer."

"That is nice, I suppose."
"It is. What is your plan for the workout today?"

"I wanted to go for a run and then repeat the circle from Eric's training yesterday."

"Mind if I join in?"

"Of course not."

Running around the empty streets around the main compound is peaceful this early when the sun is just rising over the horizon, the birds the only sound breaking through the quiet.

I am sweaty after the first two stations of training, and then we move to the pull-ups. Edward is a natural and I am...not.

"Can I help you?", Edward asks.

"Please", I gasp, trying to pull myself up again.

"Okay. We'll go step by step. First, just try to hold yourself up and lower yourself down slowly."

Edward places a box beneath the bar.

I do as he suggests, while he is scouring the boxes at the wall for something. He comes back with a black elastic band, placing it on the bar so it supports my foot. I can actually do a few more pull-ups in these without feeling like I am dying.

We decide on easier tasks then, remembering that there still is the training with Eric later today. Edward was one of the best in the Sims next to Uriah and Tris and hopes for a spot in leadership or communications.

"I think I would want to help in training", I explain as we walk back into the main hall to grab a drink and a small snack. Eric sits at the head table talking with Lauren, the main time for breakfast just having started. My brother waves us over, and Edwards's eyes widen.

"Oh come on, he's seen us every day for a month, maybe he misses us", I grin and walk over, promptly stealing his chocolate cake.

"Had a good workout?"
"Trying not to die when doing pull-ups, but other than that it was more of a warm-up. Eric is offering another training after lunch."
"Of course he is."
"It is actually quite good. He strengthens our weaknesses and without worrying about ranking we can take a bit more time to focus on what we need."

My brother hums, annoyed.

"You could always join training", Edward suggests, "I am sure many would love your insights."

"I'm sure Eric would just love that."

I snort.

I only see Eric during the tests and training the next days, have no chance to ask him about the meeting with Janine. I can barely say anything at all because the way he seems to be able to undress me with his eyes leaves me speechless most of the time. The small touches heating up my whole body.

It's Sunday, we have the day off before the last week of training and I just finished my warm-up with Edward, eating croissants and sipping hot chocolate in the main hall. When Eric saunters in. Edward, after having been badly beaten by him yesterday hurries to leave the hall as Eric's gaze meets his. It is curious, we are the only people up. Then again it is six am on a Sunday and warm breakfast starts at 8 am. Eric sits down next to me, stealing a piece of my croissant.

"You are coming with me."

"Am I now?", I question with raised eyebrows, sipping on my chocolate.

"Well, there are parts of the compound you don't know yet. And if you come willingly I might have some garlic toast for lunch."
"You think bribing me with garlic will work?"

He smirks. "Will it?"

I sigh. "Yes."

His smirk widens and he finishes my croissant.

"Hey!"

Instead of answering he lifts me from the bank, and pulls me with him, further down the halls, to a staircase, and even further down.

"If I didn't know you, I would be highly concerned that you were going to murder me."

"Not funny", Eric grumbles.

"Right. My brother does believe that you actually murder your girlfriends."

Eric stops walking.

"Your brother doesn't know shit."

"He just wants to protect me. He...he couldn't do that for a very long time."

Eric's expression changes from pissed to soft.

"I didn't kill her, you know. Cecile. She was from Candor and we were...friends of sorts."
I raise my eyebrows in amusement.

"You were fucking?"

"You know for an Abnegation you use many bad words."

"You like it."

"I do", he smirks, moving me closer to the wall of the staircase.

"But...you were saying something about Cecile."

"Yes. She was losing points in the mental stage. Quickly. And then she was talking about me and her, about running away. It turned into a fight because I just didn't want a relationship. Your brother overheard. The next morning she was found in the chasm."

"I am sorry", I say, placing a hand on his cheek, "it must have been hard for you too."

A short flicker of vulnerability crosses his features and then is gone.

"How do I deserve you?", he mumbles.

I smile.

"I don't know, but I am happy that you allowed yourself to have me."

His lips are on mine before I can blink and my legs around his waist the next second.

Somehow I feel confident in what I am doing, my one hand curling in his hair, the other by his neck while his first helps holding me up and the other grabs my jaw, slowly tilting my head upward, to kiss down my neck.

"Didn't you want to show me something", I question.

"I will have to work on my kisses if you are thinking about that right now."

"Oh, I was thinking about very different things. And then I realized that we are in a hallway."

Eric looks me up and down.

"What things?"

"Things."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

329 31 11
'It's time for the villans to have all the fun' Meeting Eric was one big kick up the ass. He is the definition of Cocky. Heavy heady and one big ass...
102K 1.4K 30
"I will never love you" I hiss digging my nails into his bulging bicep. "Trust me sweetheart I'll kill myself before I ever fall for a bitch like yo...
63.9K 1.8K 28
"Its time."he says grabbing my hand and running to the back of the stage, then I look at my watch, its only 7:45 it doesn't start till 8:00, "Its not...
258K 5.5K 32
My name's Cassia Hollester. I'm different from the usual suspects, I'm divergent. Although, I never knew what that actually meant. I'm willing to fin...