Poisoned Game

By PeytonHazzard

Delilah Quinn Daughter of one of the worlds best authors and adoptive daughter of one of the most powerful B... More

CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

1.4K 45 4
By PeytonHazzard

—Delilah Quinn—

A week had gone by and things were weird. The group and I haven't heard anything from Oliver and it was like we were being teenagers again. Normal teenagers.

It was weird considering what we had been going through and put through this whole time.

Nothing felt real anymore. This all felt like one big set up. It felt like everything was going to explode in my face in the matter of time.

  "So, when are you going to ask her out?" I asked,

  "I don't think I ever am." Alona assured as walked up to her house.

It was weird seeing as Alona was all happy to talk about her and she wasn't even weird around her, she knew how to hide a crush. I liked that for her.

  "Why not? You guys literally are the cutest and I'm team A.M." I assured her,

  She scrunched her nose, "A.M?" She asked weirdly,

  "You know... Alona Martin, Autumn Monreal. You guys literally have the same initials so when you get married then it won't change." I grinned at her,

She turned to face me before rolling her eyes. She then looked down to see she had a package at her door. It was probably from those fancy clothing businesses she always ordered from.

Just because it wasn't talked about, Doesn't mean the group didn't have money. I mean, My mom is a busy assassin that kills for millions of dollars per week and that's only because she works part time. Imagine working full time.

My momma is a publisher and writer, there was no beating that. Alona's mothers were both multi-million dollar full time assassins. Autumn's mother, Reign, was a book writer in which my mother helped her mother publish her first book, "Ambivalence". Leaving Autumn to have money as well.

Lucas was the nephew of Reign Monreal and son of fashion stylist Mackenzie the icon. Oliver...Well, maybe he didn't have money. I mean, his father barely cared about him and his mother barely liked him. I mean, the only one he truly has is his sister. Oh boy did I miss his sister.

  "What did you get?" I asked her,

  She shrugged, "I don't know. My packages are supposed to be arriving in 2 weeks. Maybe it was sent early." She says before taking it and walking into the house.

I shut the door behind us as the house filled with silence. No one was home. My best bet was that both her mothers were away still trying to find who was in charge of Oliver.

One night I heard my parents discussing a topic on how they were going to take my Uncle Oliver down. I mean the guy needed to be put to rest, it was like he could never just stay away and be put away.

   "Grab me the scissors." Alona demanded as she tucked a hair behind her ears and pulled her lips into a thin line.

  "I'll save that for you and Autumn." I winked before she rolled her eyes.

She gave me a glare and I rolled my eyes playfully before walking over to the kitchen dresser and taking out the scissors. I then carefully brought them to her as she brutally opened the box.

In the box, there was a blanket with a note on top. The note read; I'm sure you're having fun, Alona. Time is ticking, Find me, Andrew Peters or else.

Alona chuckled before looking at the back of it. She couldn't seriously be taking this as a joke. She was in the situation of a real threat and she thought it was funny?

  "This isn't a letter from Oliver, he would have called. I mean the man is cruel but he's not stupid. Letters leave proof, messages can be deleted."

I hummed before taking out my phone and looking for Rosalie's contact. I then realized that she blocked me so I couldn't even call her up for help.

  "Give me your phone." I demanded to Alona, "I can call up Rosalie and get her to help us with this all." I said before Alona handed me her phone.

I waited for Rosalie to answer before begging for her to come over to help. She denied and said something about being busy. She was always busy around these times. I sighed before hanging up the phone on her.

I gave Alona back her phone before texting the rest to come over and help with this case. They seemed more than happy to. I on the other hand was sad and scared.

Alona proceeded to take the blanket out before it revealed a sliced off bloody hand. My stomach didn't sit right looking at that. I turned away as I held my hand over my mouth so I wouldn't throw up but it was only a matter of time.

Attached to the hand was a sticky note that read; Ring around the Rosie, Box full of hands, bring me the rest before you're all dead like this man -Your seeker.

Alona placed the blanket back over the dead hand before she ran into the bathroom and did what I could only assume was what I was itching to do.

The box stinked now that the air of the dead hand was released into the healthy air. I quickly shut the box as I felt tears leave my eyes. That poor innocent man had to lose a hand because of one's foolish humor. This had to be Oliver and if it wasn't, My now crazy cousin was at odds with this

-

When everyone arrived at Alona's house, I made sure to tell them everything. They were just as scared and frightened as Alona and I. Autumn got so scared to the point Alona had to hold her in order for her to stop crying. You would think they had their first kiss by now.

  "What are we going to do? Oliver always texts us from prepaid phones. We have no way to get in contact with him and we don't even know where to find some Andrew Peters." Lucas says as he paced back and forth.

My phone then buzzed as they all looked at me. They probably thought it was from Oliver. I was hoping it was from Oliver. That would help all my worries turn no more.

When I looked at the message, I could see Rosalie's name bright and bold looking back at me. She was definitely getting me more and more confusing.

  "Rosalie texted me. She says she needs to know the problem in order to help." I told them,

  "Okay, show her a picture of the hand in the box." Oliver jr says, worriedly.

I nodded before Lucas removed the blanket and I quickly snapped a photo. I didn't want to look at or smell it anymore than I had to.

We waited patiently for her to text back. Autumn had cried herself to sleep, Lucas had been pacing back and forth as Oj just found himself sitting on the couch watching some animated story thing from youtube.

My phone buzzed and their eyes shot back over to me. I rushed to check her message and it read; This thing is getting seriously out of hand. No pun intended. I will be over there in a little while.

  "She will be over in a little." I assured them,

Alona nodded before picking Autumn up and walking to lay her in the guest room. After she was done she came back with a curious look.

  "Rosalie knows where we are?"

  I hummed, "Yeah."

  "Did you tell her?" She asked,

  "No...why?" I asked her.

Lucas seemed to stop and join in on the conversation. Oj on the other hand was still watching tv and practically ignoring us.

  "You don't think it's weird?" She asked me.

  I raised my eyebrow, "Weird how? She's going to help us with this case." I trailed off, "and the way she makes it she knows everything about this case, she can help us with it." I assured them,

  "It's funny how Rosie knows our whereabouts, missions, and even when they start. Doesn't that seem strange to anyone?" Alona asked before chewing at her bottom lip.

That did seem a little strange but then again, Oliver and Rosalie had their little moments where they would be against each other and then work with each other. I didn't know their backstory and I never asked but she probably got the information from him.

  "And why does she always want to take part in the missions?" Lucas asked as if that was another mystery,

  "Oh that's a no brainer, She's totally obsessed with Delilah, You should have seen her as a kid." Alona rolled her eyes.

This was news to me. But then again, Alona loved to overreact with her words. Rosalie could have shot me a smile as a kid and Alona would take it as a sign of marriage. Truly insane if you asked me.

  "Rosalie and My father have had some war going on since he killed her father. So she tries her best to ruin every mission by distracting Delilah but we always seem to complete it, now...can you all shut up! I can't hear the tv!" Oj rolled his eyes before looking back at the tv.

Well, his words made sense but at the same time they didn't. I mean, Alona said her father died before she was born. How would she know that her father was killed by Oliver? Sure there was research and things that could lead back to him but Oliver was sneaky, there was no way we could trace it back to him.

-

Rosalie arrived in her mothers car as she seemed to have brought a map and board. She walked into the house as she seemed nervous and anxious.

I wanted to say something to her but we weren't on speaking terms right about now. She said it herself, and I didn't want to look desperate and I didn't want to upset her.

  "All we have to do is find the guy's family. I mean down in Gateway, Andrew Peters isn't a common name." She says before she reveals all of the dots leading to the Andrews registered in this city.

Alona didn't say anything, her expressions remained confused as did I. Before I could say anything, Lucas beat my words to it.

  "So how do we find the damn guy?" He asked,

  "We will have to go week by week." She explains,

  "We don't have weeks." Alona pointed out.

Oj got off the couch and walked up to the board. He took a few dots off of the board that only left 3 remaining suspects.

  "Your work is sloppy considering who you are. I mean, It's Andrew Peters, a male in his 20s probably, he doesn't have a ring bruise so he's not married, and he's the first with his name, so he wouldn't be a junior. That leaves, Andrew L Peters, Andrew M Peters or just Andrew Peters."

    Alona crossed her arms, "Why wouldn't we just go for Andrew with no middle name?"

  "I'm the son of a serial killer. You think they're not gonna give you a chase? I mean come on, that name is so obvious, so that checks him off the list. We just have to find Andrew M, and Andrew L. Whichever one without a hand is your guy." Oj assures as he smiles to himself, "Now, Shut the hell up and let me watch tv."

He was good. We should have had him take the lead cases before now. It would have made more sense. I mean, he was the son of Oliver, the IQ levels had to match or something.

  "Okay, now we just have to plan the attack, thank you, Oj and Rosalie for your help." I say before walking into the kitchen.

A little while later, I made my way to the rest of them expecting Rosalie to be gone but I caught the conversation of Alona and her.

  "How do you know his name? We never mentioned it." Alona asked,

That was true, I didn't recall mentioning such a thing to Rosalie about the guy's name and she walked in here knowing everything.

  "I told her." I spoke up getting both of their attention.

  "Oh...okay." Alona says before excusing herself leaving.

Once she left I turned towards Rosalie and I crossed my arms,

  "So, you wanna explain to me how you know about Andrew or do I have to tell Alona the truth?" I asked in a whisper.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58K 1.2K 28
olivia howard and her younger sister, jackie, couldn't be more different. while jackie loved the bustling city life of new york city, with its sounds...
47.2K 760 26
You were not looking for trouble when you joined Ouran Academy, but what happens when you catch the eye of the Shadow King and he becomes....infatuat...
8.3K 251 11
"You Gave Me A Family."
1.8M 82.8K 84
Four allies; one mission. Take down the tyrant. This should be easy considering they're the Chosen Wolves. They're inherently powerful. United, they'...