The Sinclair Series Book #2:...

By jmhallewell

When Theo Sinclair, an unruly billionaire, sets his eyes on Keira Ballard, he sees an opportunity to finally... More

Author's Note
Cast
The Sinclair Estate
Prologue
Chapter 1: Fondest Memories
Chapter 2: Olivier Baptiste
Chapter 3: Perfect Mrs Sinclair
Chapter 4: A Lost Relative
Chapter 5: A Diamond Necklace
Chapter 6: A New Bestie
Chapter 8: Mrs Sinclair
Chapter 9: My Name
Chapter 10: A Father Of Two
Chapter 11: Questions About Them
Chapter 12: Curious Marianna
Chapter 13: A Big Red Bow
Chapter 14: The Blackmailers and the Husband
Chapter 15: Don Giovanni
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 7: Conviction & Doubt

121 17 18
By jmhallewell

Theo's POV
The hardest pain I have ever endured is the loss of my parents. I was young and I did not fully understand what it meant until every birthday and every Christmas after that. The loneliness became real. My caregiver, was a cold Russian mobster who frowned at anything he deemed weakness; especially those moments I would lie on my mother's bed and cry. He didn't understand that I missed human affection. The servants treated me like their master and not a child. Freya's visits weren't enough. The hardest pain I have ever endured is the loss of my parents.

This is why my heart bleeds for Kei. She lost everything all at a ho just like me. When I heard about it, my heart broke a thousand times for her and the urge to take care of her kicked in full throttle.

My sweet Kei...

Today she's going to be my wife. I almost cannot believe that I'm marrying the most beautiful woman in the world.

I may have convinced her that there will be no love between us but the truth is, my heart if fickle on the matter. Perhaps I'll fall in love. Who knows? It's a big risk to give her my heart when her heart is with Nickolas Bale.

Nickolas Bale...

He doesn't know when to stop. He called her thirty two times. The maid responded the same way thirty two times. He's madly hot for her. Who wouldn't be? He lost his chance. It was his own doing. I cannot be blamed for it. If he really loved her, he would have fought harder. Fickle bastard.

"I find myself wondering who I would miss the most between Courtney and the Colonel." My best friend took his spot beside me. We are both looking at the portrait of my parents. They look regal.

"I'm thinking you will miss the Colonel."

"Why is that?" His green eyes flashed with curiosity.

"Because Courtney can make hell freeze over." We both burst out laughing. "Is she coming?"

We started to make our way down the blue carpeted curved staircase.

"She said she wouldn't miss it for the world. She wants to see her marrying you."

"Is it really that unbelievable that Kei and I are marrying?"

We walked out through the front doors into the parking. There are no cars here. I didn't want to see cars around my house. They are in the lower compound near the wedding venue.

"Honestly, yes. It's not that there's anything wrong with you. It's because of the lovesl story she shared with Nick. Bets have been placed."

"What kind?"

"She will run away. She won't show. Nick will wreck the wedding."

"Count me in on that bed. Fifty thousand, she will be my wife by day's end."

He smiled crookedly and ran his hand through his curly hair. We have that in common but he mostly keeps his short and tamed.

"I have known Kei for a while now." His expression hardened. "She is a dear friend to me. You came into her life at a moment when she was vulnerable. You became the strength she needed. Thank you. Please Theo, I beseech you not to hurt her. Please don't hurt her."

"I don't intend to." I assured him.

There are only twenty minutes left to the wedding. As Bruce and I carried on to the venue, I ran into her uncle. I get a sense that this man doesn't like me.

"Good morning! May I steal the groom?" He asked Bruce.

"Certainly. Excuse me." Bruce left us.

"We haven't really spoken as much as I had hoped. Our introduction was last minute and that is okay. However, regardless of how long we have known each other, I feel obligated to speak on behalf of her dead parents. Do not disrespect her. Love her. Provide for her. That's all."

I fought the urge to tell him he's words aren't relevant. He is a stranger to Kei. He could have made better effort to forge a relationship with Kei.

I carried on my way as he went to the house, probably to get her.

"Here comes the groom. He is dressed white." Cathan sang theatrically. "Why aren't you in white?"

"Don't provoke me this early in the morning."

He drew me in for a suffocating hug. He purposely messed up my hair. I swatted his hand off.

"Where is she? Is she coming?" He looked past me expectantly.

"Stop it. She's going to be my wife and you are not allowed to flirt with her like you did in Saint-Tropez."

He cringed. "I'm a creature of habit. I can't help it when there's a beautiful woman in my presence. Pardon my misdemeanor." I almost believed him until he started laughing. I joined him because it is hard not to. He has an infectious laughter. "Come meet the Queen Mother and my children."

He presented to his mother. Queen Nesrin is a short woman with dark sharp eyes and a deep voice. She smiled at me after I bowed to her.

"Your Majesty." I acknowledged her.

"I just realized you never acknowledge my title." Cathan complained.

"Because you are a child." I teased him. "Who are these?"

I bent my frame to be closer to his children. The girl is older and looks very confident. The boy seems timid if not shy.

"My name is Princess Nilsa." She introduced herself. "This is my little brother Relian."

"Crown Prince Relian." The Queen told her sharply. She presented the crown prince.

"You should bow to us." The girl demanded.

I straightened my form and only bowed to the Crown Prince. I completely disregarded her and that made the Queen laugh.

"She is going to be a problem not just for you but the Prince as well. Nip her at the bud before it's too late." I told Cathan when we moved away.

"She's just a child. She will grow up."

"Theo!" Freya came my way.

Cathan left us before she reached me. She gave me a big hug. This woman is the closest thing to a mother I've ever had. I hugged her back just as tightly.

"Congratulations." She held one side of my face. "I wish they were here to see you marrying such a beautiful woman!"

I kissed her open palm. I fought the tears that nearly slipped from my eyes. "Me too. Me too."

On a day like this, I wish my parents were here.

Keira's POV
I wish my parents were here. I feel their absence now more than ever. I wish Keith was here. I think he and Sinclair would have gotten along quite well. I put away a photograph of the four of us only for my cousin to pick it up.

"She was so pretty. Your brother was also quite handsome. Why is his hair blond and curly? The rest of you have dark hair. Was he adopted?"

Uncle Ty's daughter is my maid of honor. She's a pain in the neck. But he asked me to have her. I couldn't say no. It's also not that the options were that many. The other option was Jake's girlfriend and she is a complete stranger to me. I guess family makes sense.

I was surprised when Uncle Ty agreed to give me away. I thought he would turn me down. The question of who would give me away has been bugging me for a long time. The other option was to walk down the aisle alone. I didn't want that.

"You tend to speak a lot. You come from a family who don't say much. Are you adopted?" I asked her.

She made a sneering face at me and continued her vain routine in front of the mirror.

Where is Lorraine? I need her so badly today.

I wonder if my father would have approved of Theo. My gut is telling me no. He was a Nick fan. What would he think of Nick now? Would he be disappointed?

Nick tried to reach out. He was calling the Chateau repeatedly, asking to speak to me after he was rude to me. Sinclair assigned one servant to read a written response to Nick. She kept saying "you will not speak to Keira" every time he called. He called 32 times before he gave up. Theo was completely unfazed. Bruce and I have kept our lips sealed about the meeting with Nick.

I wonder if he will show up today. It will be a disaster if he shows up today.

From the window I can see how tight security is. A lot of important people are coming to this wedding and they expect to feel safe. Theo would also hate to be embarrassed. With all certainty, Nick will have a hard time getting through.

Another thing I wasn't counting on, was Bruce St Patrick agreeing to be Theo's best man. Bruce is Nick's best friend. He is also close to Theo. It must have been difficult for him to decide. He's down there with Theo. They are talking at the parking lot.

Watching them makes me miss Lorraine, my best friend. Lorraine has been MIA for the longest time. It's like she disappeared off the face of the earth. I'll ask Theo to help me find her. I wish she was here today to make me feel a little saner.

"You are really brave to be going out there today."

"What do you mean?"

"After the scandal you made..." She cringed. "...if I was in your shoes I would just crawl under a rock and die."

Heaven help me deal with this girl! I'm really trying to be civil.

"As someone who has no idea what ai have been through, pleas shut up."

"I'm doing you a favor by being here."

"I didn't ask you to be here. You volunteered because you couldn't pass off an opportunity to be part of one of the biggest weddings money can buy. You want to go home and tell your friends you were at a billionaire's wedding at a Chateau in France. That is why you are here. For the aesthetics. Let's not pretend otherwise cousin."

I sighed in relief when uncle Ty walked in.

"There you are! So beautiful this morning!"

"Thank you daddy!" She received the praise as much as uncle Ty is talking to me. Narcissist.

"You too dear." He smiled at her. "Can you give us some privacy?"

She went outside.

"What is it?" I asked when he sat me down.

"I already offered you a place in Wyoming. Come home with me and I'll take care of you. You don't have to marry this man because you are pregnant."

"Uncle Ty, thank you for your generous offer but my mind is made up. Today I'm marrying Theo Sinclair. It's what I want."

He pressed a kiss on my forehead. "In that case, let's walk down the aisle."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.7K 1.6K 71
Logan had everything he could ever want: a vast fortune, luxury cars, and a private jet to whisk him away to any destination he desired. But his hear...
3.3M 99.7K 38
Can your life change in just one night? Eleanor Miller's life turned upside down when her path crossed with Asher Edward Wright. One drunken night c...
31.3K 747 21
Theo's wife is soooo back and soooo pregnant... Theo's so NOT singleeeee Disclaimer: 20 chapters only
2.8M 87.3K 53
Pregnant at eighteen, alone and homeless. Jakobia is hopeless. Her ex accused her of cheating and refused to accept his paternity, her mother kicked...