Chronicles of the Apocalypse:...

By Pacman1994

Set months after their losses both of homes and loved ones, Kyle and what remains of his group must travel ac... More

Director
Executive Producer
Distributor
Music Composer
Cast/Characters
Visual Effects and Animation
Prologue
Chapter 1: Walking In the Winter Wasteland
Chapter 2: Miracle Train
Chapter 3: The Greatest Train Thieves in Apocalyptic History
Chapter 4: Winter
Chapter 6: Technical Recruitment
Chapter 7: Breathe in the Toxic Air
Chapter 8: Collecting the Carriage and Railcar
Chapter 9: Escaping the Bayou
Chapter 10: Spring
Chapter 11: The Birthday Girl
Chapter 12: What's For Dinner?
Chapter 13: Viva Dead Vegas
Chapter 14: Freedom Vs. Motorbikes
Chapter 15: Quench Thy Thirst
Chapter 16: What Happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas
Chapter 17: Summer
Chapter 18: Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death
Chapter 19: Medieval vs Apocalyptic
Chapter 20: Fall
Chapter 21: Rad-City
Chapter 22: Radiate and Weep
Chapter 23: New Faces, New Town
Chapter 24: The House Warming Party
Chapter 25: Proving Thy Worth
Epilogue

Chapter 5: The Frozen Bayou

9 1 0
By Pacman1994

Weeks later, March 2042, Last Day of Winter, South

The Myrmidon is entering the premises of the wintery bayou. Kyle is sitting at the front of the train looking out when Sarah approaches him with a canteen.

Sarah: Freezing your ass off out here?

Kyle laughs.

Kyle: Not even remotely close.

Sarah hands Kyle the canteen as he drinks from it.

Kyle: Mmm.....hot tea.

Sarah: Just made fresh by Rocky.

Sarah leans on the railing.

Sarah: So, what do you think our chances of getting to restoration place are? It's the only thing on everyone's mind....you know?

Kyle: How are we going to build a life out here? If there's even a life to build....

Sarah: There could be.....for all of us....it can't be just trying to survive out here anymore, Kyle. There has to be more.

Kyle: I want to believe that.

Sarah: Kyle, when I look out at this fog....thinking it could actually be hiding a new life from us...By the way, we should be approaching the bridge soon.

Up ahead, inhabitants of a bayou area, using a campfire, spot the train and sound the alarm.

Sarah: Oh, shit!

Kyle: That's not good!

Sarah turns to the train bridge and shouts out.

Sarah: Guys! There's people on the bridge! Hit the brakes!

Kyle: Sound the alarm!

The inhabitants open fire as Kyle takes cover.

Kyle: Fuck!

James: Oh, shit!

James hits the brakes, stopping the train as the inhabitants use a trolley to escape as the train plows through the barricade into their camp. Kyle pops out from cover and aims his rifle just as Shawn and Rocky approach the front of the train.

Shawn: Shots fired! Four hostiles on the trolley.

Rocky turns to Kyle.

Rocky: You good, brother?

Kyle: Yeah.....everyone to the bridge! Now!

Kyle, Rocky and Shawn return to the bridge just as everyone else does.

Rachel: Is everyone okay?!

Sarah: Yeah, we're fine.

James is below the train bridge, attempting to fix the repairs.

James: Fuck!....That shot pierced the cylinder!

Joseph: How bad is it? Can we move?!

James: No, we're stuck!

Shawn: Fuck!

Kyle: Goddammit!

Cassandra: Stupid fog! Looks we ran through someone's roadblock!

Margaret: Who was it?

Shawn: Looks like just regular survivors. They were wearing rags.

Sarah: Just old fucks.

Kyle: Old fucks or not...that's just the perimeter guard! They could've put anyone there, even women and children!

Marcus: You think these people might be associated with the restoration community?

Kyle: Well, I would say no...look at how they're dressed.

Shawn uses his binoculars to scope out the area.

Shawn: That trolley is headed towards the bridge...helluva, fortifications there....

Up ahead the railroad was a heavily fortified bridge. To the left of them, was a village and a church on the water.

Shawn: Well, this looks peaceful. A village and a church on the water...

Kyle: Well, we need intel....I'm gonna mark it on my map. I'm gonna go there and find out what I can....take a prisoner if I need to. Margaret, you're our best sniper. You come with me.

Margaret: Got it.

Joseph: I'll go with you, too.

Sarah: Me, too.

Abigail: Can I go with you guys, too? As backup?

Margaret: We don't need a fifth wheel on this ride, Abigail.

Abigail: You mean you don't need me?

Kyle: Hey! Knock it off! Both of you! Until we figure out the situation, I need everyone else here.

Kyle looks down at the boiler deck.

Kyle: James! When can you get the Myrmidon running again?

James: Fuck if I know...gotta check the cylinder, but a full day at best....

Kyle: I see....let's get to it, then....Shawn, you're in charge until I get back.

Shawn: Got it....

After giving everyone assignments, Kyle, Sarah, Margaret and Joseph make their way through the small village. Joseph speaks to Margaret.

Joseph: Admit it. You can envision it. One of these houses. Small white picket fence. A dog.

Margaret: Yeah, I can totally envision a future out here. If you don't mind the Rat-claws and infected.

Joseph laughs.

Joseph: Just saying; gotta have some vision, right?

Joseph points at the church.

Joseph: Oh, and that church. That's where we're gonna hold our sermons.

Margaret laughs.

Margaret: You're a dork.

On the Myrmidon, James continues to attempt to repair the Myrmidon cylinder with no avail.

James: Shit! Fuck! Goddammit!

Cassandra walks up to James.

Cassandra: Any luck?

James: No....

Cassandra: Need a hand?

James looks up at Cassandra, placing his goggles over his head.

James: Sure...why not?

Cassandra ties her hair and helps James make the repairs.

Cassandra: Damn....you weren't kidding....even though those fucks were old, they still managed to D.O.A our train.

James: It's just a temporary damage. Easily fixable.

A short pause.

Cassandra: So, what do you think?

James: Think about?

Cassandra: This place....have you seen the outside?

James: Well, seeing as how this place is damn near flooded to shit and we've got inhabitants....who just opened fire on us....I would say; let's wait to see more and then we'll decide.

Outside, Kyle, Sarah, Margaret and Joseph reach a pier where a boat lay.

Kyle: The church is over across the river. I'm gonna go check it out.

Sarah: We'll give you some cover. Be careful.

Kyle gets into the raft and paddles just across the river as giant shrimp like creatures swim in the lake. Eventually, an inhabitant from the church spots Kyle and sounds the alarm, a bell.

Sarah: Ah, shit....

Kyle: Well, at least I don't have to sneak.

Joseph looks into the distance and squints.

Joseph: Margaret, use your sniper and look on the roof of the church.

Margaret looks into her sniper scope to spot a Caucasian-American woman with blonde hair waving a white flag.

Margaret: Hmm....

Sarah: Think she's friendly....

Margaret: Maybe....

Margaret spots people at the church.

Margaret: There's definitely people at the church. Let's hope Kyle goes with the open approach.

Sarah speaks into his radio.

Sarah: Kyle, don't shoot first. Let's try to be friendly.

Kyle paddles his way into the church as a inhabitant holding a little girls hand from the church, greets him.

Villager: Hello, young man! Peace be onto you....our holy father Sawyer has already began his Wednesday sermon, just enter the temple and see the holy flame of God's truth....we are a peaceful group, so please keep your guns sheathed and holstered...and welcome!

The little girl kicks the villager in the groin and runs away.

Kyle paddles into the temple of the church as the villagers are chanted and in the front of the temple, an elderly Caucasian-American man with a giant beard, wearing rags, is preaching.

Sawyer: Electricity is sinful!

Villagers: Electricity is sinful!

Sawyer: Fellow followers! Brothers! Sisters! The Lord is merciful, for he sees those who reject the devilish sin and temptation of electricity, and other lustful lures of the Devil! And to those who grants salvation, as the Lord has granted us mercy—

Savannah: Liar!

The little girl, Savannah, throws a rock at Sawyer, bloodying his temple.

Savannah: You're an evil man! You murdered my friends and my Dad!

Kyle drives the raft into a part of the temple, where blockages emerge from the water, trapping Kyle.

Kyle: Well, shit....

Villager: Satin's little demon....she must burn!

Sawyer: Fear not, believers! The heretic has been trapped! He carries electricity and he and his people must be deemed a sin! Soon, the bridge guards will be here and will deal with the heretic!

Village: Let them kill Kayla and her little demonic sister out, too!

Kyle: Well...I'm a heretic....that's nice to know.

Savannah cuts a rope ladder to Kyle.

Savannah: Hey, you! Come up here! Come on!

Kyle climbs up the ladder.

Kyle: Hey, little girl! You know what's going on here?!

Savannah: These people are crazy! Just come on! My sister can explain!

Kyle climbs to the top of the church tower to find the woman who was waving the flag earlier, along with a little girl, who points at Kyle.

Savannah: Kayla, it's him! One of the good guys from the train! He's here to take us away!

Kayla: I can't believe this...I was just starting to give up hope!

Kyle: Who are you two? You're not with these people?

Kayla: No, we're not from here. We're from California believe it or not....my name is Kayla. This is my sister, Savannah. Sawyer locked us up here a year ago...

Kyle: You must be our informer, then....My name is Kyle.

Kayla: Desipich? The wasteland hero?

Kyle: I'm no hero, lady. Just a man who's trying to look out for his people.

Kayla: I see; the bridge people won't even talk to the so called heretics....I can tell you everything I've seen in this place all year! It's horrible what Sawyer's done! He's brainwashed these people so badly!

Kyle looks out the window to see a boat arrive under the cover of the fog.

Kyle: Those people with you?!

Kayla: Shit...it's the bridge dwellers! Sawyer tricked them just like the locals here....

Kyle: But these people have guns....

Kayla: Yeah...

Kyle: Shit....

Kayla opens a window.

Kayla: Get out! There's a way down here, and there's a boat at the dock...

The Bridge Dweller boat parks at the edge of the church entrance and step out.

Bridge Dweller: Find him!

Savannah: We also have a boat, but it's too small for us. All of us.

Kyle: But you guys need to get out of here, too!

Kayla: Look, we'll be fine. Get to the boat!

Kyle talks into his radio.

Kyle: Sarah, I've got two survivors here! A woman and a girl! Can you, Margaret and Joseph get to them?

Sarah: Yeah, we can! Just tell them where to meet us!

Kyle turns to Kayla.

Kyle: Okay, when you get to the end of the pair; there should be two women and a man there to meet you. One of the woman is my wife. Her name is Sarah. She'll help you get back to our train.

Kayla: Okay!

Kyle jumps out the window and sneaks through the church, killing any Bridge Dweller in his way, before he finally manages to steal one of the boats. Kyle then paddles through the swamps. Meanwhile, Kayla and Savannah manage to make it to their own boat, before finally reaching Sarah, Margaret and Joseph.

Joseph: That's them!

Margaret: Come on!

Kayla and Savannah reach the edge of the pier, before Sarah helps them out.

Kayla: Are you Sarah?

Sarah: Yeah....Kayla, right?

Kayla: Yeah! Your husband helped us out of the jam there.

Sarah looks down at Savannah.

Sarah: Hey, sweetie. How are you doing?

Savannah: Okay....thanks for saving us.

Margaret: Don't mention it, kid. You want to come back to our train?

Kayla: Please....

Joseph: You two go on ahead. I'm going to go get Kyle.

Margaret: Okay...you guys be careful.

Joseph nods, before separating from the women, who make their way back to the train. In the swamps, Kyle starts to paddle his way to land when Joseph finally reaches the edge, spotting Kyle.

Joseph: Kyle! Over here!

Suddenly, something below the boat bumps into it, knocking Kyle off balance.

Kyle: What the hell?!

Kyle looks into the water and after a few tense seconds, a giant mutated alligator pops out and swims around the boat.

Kyle: Holy fuck!

Kyle begins to paddle, but the alligator attacks the boat, knocking Kyle into the water.

Joseph: Kyle!

Joseph shoots at the alligator, causing it to flee, before Kyle swims up to land and Joseph grabs him hand.

Kyle: Back up! Back up! Back up!

Joseph and Kyle back away from the swamps.

Joseph: Jesus Christ!

Joseph looks up at the sky.

Joseph: Sorry, lord.

Joseph takes off his cross pendant and then turns around, before carving a cross into his hand. Kyle looks with concern.

Kyle: Joseph....what're you doing?

Joseph turns to Kyle.

Joseph clenches his fist as it draws blood.

Joseph: I'm not crazy, Kyle....it's just.....I always punish myself....whenever I take his name in vain.

Joseph takes a rag and begins to wrap it around his hand.

Kyle: Where are the girls?

Joseph: They took the woman and the kid back to the train. Pretty they beat us there. Come on.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6K 192 11
↳ π‚πŽπŒππ‹π„π“π„πƒ *ೃ:.✧✲゚*q⋆ γ€Œπ₯𝐞𝐯𝐒 𝐚𝐜𝐀𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐱 𝐟𝐞𝐦𝐚π₯𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 」 γ€Œπ’‚π’‘π’π’„π’‚π’π’šπ’‘π’”π’† 𝑨𝑼」 β•­β”ˆβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€ ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ...
91.6K 3.1K 29
κ§πšπšŽπšœπš’πšπšŽπš—πš π™΄πšŸπš’πš• πš…πšŠπš›πš’πš˜πšžπšœ 𝚑 πšπšŽπšŠπšπšŽπš›κ§‚ 𝙰 πšŒπš‘πšŠπš—πšŒπšŽ πšŽπš—πšŒπš˜πšžπš—πšπšŽπš› 𝚊𝚝 𝚊 πš“πš˜πš‹ πšπšŠπš’πš› πšπš‘πš›πšžπšœπšπšœ 𝚒𝚘𝚞 πš’πš—πšπš˜...
366 25 27
Six years after destroying the radioactive that was destroying the Earth for many years, Kyle Desipich and his group of survivors have separated into...
3.6K 75 4
*Now available on Amazon, Lulu, Barnes & Noble, Books-a-Million, and More!* - 4 Chapter Preview - They said to beware of what was to come. They were...