My Sunshine, Her Stars (Re Up...

By CissasBraincell

Re uploaded Narcissa x Female OC story that wattpad deleted... sorry it took so long. I hope I can make up wi... More

Introduction
The Queen and Her Knight
Dead💀
I could never forget you
Lady Of The Manor
Unexpected Guest
Baby Time
Saving her
Fight
The Little Things
Anxiety
Magic at Disney
Maybe I Need You
Sick Days
The One Where Narcissa Gets High
Crucio and Cuddles
New Addition (aka the one where Narcissa buys a fox)
Cramps and Cuddles
Bad Days
Honey, Hi
Yule Ball
Misunderstandings
Eda The Ballerina Pt 1 (All I Have)
I Love You
Eda the Ballerina Pt 3 the finale ig (Irina)
Ode to Mommy Issues
Always
Mermaid Eda
Forever and Always
The One Where Eda Tackles Someone To Save Narcissa
Please Don't Go.... I Love You
Can I Come Home
Blood Is Not Thicker Than Water
Mother In Law
Marin
The One Where Eda Tells Narcissa What Happened
Mother In Law II Druella Returns
Say Yes To The Dress
Miscarriage
Sick Sloth Cuddles
You Left.
Sirius's Sad Girl Hours
Changes
A/N
Turbulent dates
Narcissa VS Mormon Missionaries
Update!!!
✨How You Get The Girl✨
✨How You Get The Girl pt.1✨
✨How You Get The Girl pt.2✨
✨How You Get The Girl pt.3✨
✨How You Get The Girl pt.4✨
✨How You Get The Girl pt.5✨
✨How You Get The Girl pt. 7✨
The one where Marin gets her first period

✨How You Get The Girl pt.6✨

253 11 11
By CissasBraincell

A/N: Hey guys this is a really heavy chapter. I'm putting in the SA TW here again. Read with caution please. Love yall!

Chapter 6:
The Truth Will Set You Free

Narcissa's POV:

I have come to look forward to Saturdays and I hate the reason behind it. It's because of Professor Albrecht. Every Saturday she tutors Draco in Alchemy, and I have been observing the sessions to make sure Draco is getting proper help. Since the first session, I knew Edaline was more than adequate for the job. She's incredibly talented and patient with my son, not to mention kind. As a Black, I'm well versed in hiding my emotions, in fact, I've tried to maintain a position of dislike towards the young and beautiful professor. Or at least neutrality. But everytime I see her bright smile, that stupid bright smile, a feeling of adoration grows in the pit of my stomach. Her bright nature annoys me to no end, but the thought of anything happening to her causes me great distress. It's utterly confusing.

It irked me at first when she refused to accept any sort of payment for her tutoring sessions with my son. I genuinely wanted to find some way to thank her, and when she'd mentioned her fear of losing her job due to her outburst with Umbridge, I knew exactly what to do. I had a bit of dirt on the abhorrent woman, and she would do anything to keep it a secret. So I paid her a little visit.

Flashback:

"Mrs. Malfoy. What a pleasant surprise. What can I do for you?"

She had been furiously writing a letter, I assumed it was to the minister. I had to fight the urge to roll my eyes at the hag. I mean really, the pink obsession is so tacky, her office full of cat plates is just plain creepy, and the cheap perfume made me gag.

"Hello Dolores, Did I catch you at a bad time? I can see you're in the middle of something." I said cooly.

"Not at all dear, just writing a suggestion of termination to Cornelius, that ghastly alchemy professor is highly unprofessional and threatened me during my assessment." She huffed.

"Actually I'm here because of Professor Albrecht. You will do no such thing." I said, giving her my coldest and sharpest look. My mother would have been proud.

"I beg your pardon?" She gaped. "She's a mudblood Narcissa. Why would you care about her? Unless you're going soft like your blood traitor sister." She hissed.

"Tread very carefully Umbridge, you have a lot of nerve speaking to me about my sister, when you go around the ministry pretending to be a pureblood."
"How dare you!"

"Not only do I know your secret, I have proof. And If you'd like to keep that confidential, you will do as I say. After all, who is the Wizarding World going to believe? A woman highly despised by all of her coworkers? A liar? A child torturer, thats right, I saw Potter's hand. I don't care for the boy, but to harm children? There's a special place in Azkaban for you. Not only will I reveal your blood status, your child torture will be exposed, showing how you've been lying to the minister. And you will go to prison. Now, have I made myself clear?" I said evenly, looking her dead in the eyes.

She said nothing, but gave a short nod.

"Good. We're done here. If you tell a soul about this, you can expect the same consequences." I said, exiting the room, trying to hide my smirk.

As I sat in on the fourth week of tutoring, I watched as her teaching made a world of difference for Draco. She had adapted to his learning style quickly and reshaped her entire lesson plan to suit him better. She allowed me to participate as well, answering questions I had about the subject. I had always wanted to take Alchemy as a student, but it wasn't offered as there wasn't enough interest. I really appreciated her willingness to help me learn.

"Bye mum. I'll see you next weekend." Draco said, giving me a side hug and peck on the cheek, moving to leave after thanking Eda.

"I'll see you then Dragon." I replied. "I'm amazed at your progress. You're doing an excellent job."

"Thanks mum. See you Monday, Professor." he said, giving her a side hug.

"Actually, Draco, I was going to offer you a second session tomorrow to prepare for the exam that's coming up on Thursday. Obviously I won't be going over the exact questions on the exam, but I figured you'd like a headstart on the new material we're learning on Monday before the test. So," she turned to me. "If you're wanting to sit in on the session Madam Malfoy, you'll want to be back here tomorrow. Same time."

I nodded. That was very generous of Edaline, giving up her weekend to help my son.

"I'll be here, as will Draco." I said. "Thank you Miss Albrecht"

Draco nodded, thanked Edaline, and left.

When he was gone, the professor relaxed a bit, her cheery demeanor dropped slightly. That's a bit odd, she's always so happy. Something's wrong.

I opened my mouth to say something but she turned back to face me and spoke before I could, putting a smile on her face that didn't quite meet her eyes.

"I have to go into Diagon Alley to pick up a text book for Draco and a few materials, if you'd like a deeper look into what we will be going over tomorrow you're welcome to come." She said, "I'd love your company. Mrs. Malfoy"

Her words touched my heart. I was surprised she wanted the company of someone so much older than her. And so different. Before I could reply, she cringed facepalming.

"I'm sorry, that was silly. I know you have a reputation to uphold in public. I doubt being seen with a muggleborn like me would go over well."

She had a point, though, who would know she was a muggle born? I really didn't mind her company, though it had taken me a while to get used to the idea that the things I was taught about muggleborns as a child, the beliefs I'd held for thirty seven years, could be wrong.

"I suppose... I do not have anything that requires my undivided attention today." I said, giving her a small smile. "I'd love to go."

"Are you sure? I don't want-"

"I'm sure dear. I enjoy your company, and I'm flattered that you enjoy mine too." I explained, cutting her off. "And please, call me Narcissa."

She nodded and grabbed her bag and some floo powder, motioning me to follow.

"Diagon Alley." She said loudly as the green flames engulfed her.

I followed suit and landed in the fireplace of the three broomsticks.

"Good?" I asked

"Yes ma'am." She replied grinning

"Alright, where to first?" I asked.

——

An hour and a half had passed, and it felt like no time had passed at all. I had slowly started to accept that I really enjoyed being a friend of the Young Professor. She didn't expect me to be anyone but myself. She didn't care if I slipped up and reverted to my Malfoy facade. I never realized it was a facade until I met her. She graciously put up with the stone face I wore when we'd walk the streets of the alley. I tried to let up on it when we'd enter a store with few people around.

"Ah! Here it is!" Edaline said excitedly as she plucked the Alchemy book she had been looking for from the shelf.

I couldn't help but smile at her enthusiasm. The fake smile was gone, and I felt a lot better about Edaline. Whatever had been bothering her seemed to be far from her mind now.

We'd just exited said bookstore, Edaline having picked up the materials she needed for tomorrow. She was carefully explaining what she was going to show Draco and how it would prepare him for the exam. I was listening intently as she spoke passionately about spell creation, walking next to her down the alley when the professor's voice cut off and she froze in place. It took me aback for a moment and then she clutched my wrist. I would have been annoyed but she was shaking as she stood, frozen, like she was paralyzed by fear.

"Edaline? What's wrong?" I asked, making sure to keep my face as stony and emotionless as usual. You never know who's watching you, but I willed the emotion to show through in my eyes

She couldn't reply, her lower lip was quivering. She refused to look at me so I followed her eyes to where she was looking and saw an older man who had stopped and was staring at her. I didn't know what happened but a sickening feeling formed in the pit of my stomach and I knew I had to get her out of there now.

I carefully removed her hand from my wrist which caused her to flinch but I quickly took her hand in mine and gently pulled her away, guiding her back towards the shop and into a darker corner of the alley, not stopping until we were far away and out of sight. When I pulled her away, I'd seen the man start walking in our direction, luckily I knew the alley well, and made several turns so he would lose sight of us in the crowd.

When we were completely hidden from view in the shadows behind a wall, I let go of her hand and gave her a moment to take in her surroundings.

" Are you alright? What happened?" I asked, noting how her eyes were clouded. She seemed so far away.. She shook her head, unable to look at me as a single tear streamed down her cheek. I nodded and gave her hand a squeeze.

"Hey..." I said, giving her the softest tone possible. I took her hand again and she finally looked at me, her hazel eyes welled with tears. I could see faint flecks of green highlighted.

"Can I apparate us somewhere else? Somewhere private? And safer?"

She nodded and gave my hand a squeeze, giving me permission.

"It's going to be alright darling. Try your best to focus ok?"

I ended up taking us back to Hogsmeade, inside Madam Rosmerta's pub where I was able to floo us to Edaline's office.

"Is it better here dear?" I asked. I felt nothing but worry and anger for whatever had turned the badass, kind, and cheerful professor I had befriended on some level, into a terrified, small, teary eyed witch.

She shook her head, set her books down, and gently pulled me towards the door where she took me to her quarters. If anyone else tried to drag me anywhere, they'd be hexed. For some reason, I could not refuse this woman anything. When we finally got there, she unlocked the door, hurried me inside, and locked it before finally letting go of me and sinking to the floor.

She didn't cry. She just sat there silent, terrified, and shaking in a little ball.
The tall, fearless woman who looked Dolores Umbridge in the eye and and said, "go suck a fat one, you ugly toad" was reduced to a sight I never wanted to see again. I knelt down in front of her and took her hands in mine, giving it a reassuring squeeze.

"Can you tell me what happened darling?" I asked gently.

Her eyes found mine, the bright amber eyes usually filled with passion and delight were now clouded over and distant. Still, she looked at me, took a deep breath and nodded.

"It's... not something I've been able to talk about. Since it happened..."

I nodded my understanding.

"You don't have to tell me."

"No... you deserve to know why I freaked out and grabbed your wrist. I'm sorry."

"I'm here Edaline. Take your time, I'm not going anywhere." I promised. She took a deep breath.

"Something really bad happened to me this summer, Narcissa. It was July 31st, I was having dinner and a couple invited me over. I was a bit weirded out but I ignored my gut. I've always had a hard time with confrontation, plus I thought maybe they could be new friends? Anyways, after dinner, they invited me to their house for drinks. I didn't want to go, and tried to make an excuse, but they apparated me there and..." Her voice cracked, willing the tears that hadn't fallen yet to stay in place. "The husband he... he did things to me..."

I willed myself to stay silent, not wanting to make her uncomfortable. I offered to listen after all.

"When I froze in the alley and grabbed onto you... it was because I saw the man who sexually assaulted me that night. And his wife... She did nothing. She knew, but she wouldn't watch it happen." She whispered shakily.

I let out a gasp of horror. My heart shattered into a million pieces for the woman I had grown to care for so deeply. And the anger I felt raging through my body towards the people who hurt her was unlike any I'd felt in a long time. I tried to mask the anger and comfort her.

"Oh... sweetheart... I'm so sorry." I whispered. She sighed, her breath uneven as she tried to keep her composure. "Can I... can I touch you? Are you comfortable with me hugging you?" I asked softly.

She nodded.

"Please." She said quietly.

I nodded and moved closer, pulling her into the biggest, most sincere hug I possibly could.

"You're safe now. I won't let him hurt you again. You're safe with me, Edaline." I promised, using a hand to rub circles on her back while my other hand cradled her head to my chest.

"T-Thank you Mrs. M-Malfoy."

"Narcissa. We're friends darling. I'm just Narcissa." I whispered,holding her tighter. She nodded into my shoulder and slowly wrapped her arms around me too. Despite how tall she was, Edaline fit perfectly into my arms.

"This was not your fault Eda. You didn't ask for this to happen to you. And you certainly didn't deserve it." I whispered.

That was all it took for her to allow herself to cry. Through her quiet sobs, I heard her mumble "He broke me."

I had to fight back my own tears, I remembered an experience I'd had at a party with Lucius when I was young. Someone tried to spike my champagne. Luckily I saw him, or the night could have ended very differently. This though... my heart ached for this woman. I didn't understand how much I cared for her until recently, but this showed me there was more to it than just a friendship. I didn't know what that was exactly, but I couldn't bear the thought of leaving her alone to deal with this.
We sat on that floor for Merlin knows how long, holding each other. She clung to me, but I think my grip was tighter as I continued to whisper reassurances to her. After a while, her sobs turned to small shakes, then to just breathing. I suggested we move somewhere more comfortable and
she agreed, unlatching herself from me as I did the same, though I immediately missed the warmth. Her mascara was running down her face and her hair was a bit disheveled.

"Let's get you into some comfy clothes and settled in bed."

She nodded again and moved to grab her Gryffindor jumper and a pair of sweatpants. She changed in the bathroom and when she came back out, I had to admit, even with the tear stained face, she looked beautiful. She padded back to me and crawled into her bed as
I summoned a blanket and tucked her in. I suppose the motherly instincts came out.

This confession and situation had left me torn. I hated the thought of leaving her side right now, but I didn't want to overstay my welcome or make her uneasy.

"Would you like me to stay with you?" I asked, pushing a stray lock from her face.

"If you don't mind. I don't want to be a burden." She whispered, that far off look appearing again.
I leaned down and pressed a kiss to her forehead.

"You're not a burden darling. I want to stay." I promised.

"Will you lay here with me?" She asked hesitantly.

I nodded, removed my shoes, and thanked my lucky stars that I was in comfortable robes as I laid down on the bed next to her.

"Thank you Cissy." She said quietly.

"You're welcome dear. Do you want to be held? Or do you want me to lay here and not touch you?"

She took in a deep breath and sighed.
"You're the only one, besides my sister Ryan, who I've let touch me like this since it happened." She rolled over to face me. "I know it's an intimate request, and you can absolutely say no... would it be alright if I held you onto you too? It helps to hold onto something or in this case, someone. But if you aren't comfortable-"

"I am fine with that Eda. I haven't been held in years and I miss it dearly." I said. "C'mere."
She moved closer into my arms and wrapped some of the blanket around me too. When she wrapped her arms around me again, I felt a piece of me heal. A piece I had buried a long long time ago.
"Thank you for being here. I don't know what I would have done if I had been alone and seen him again... I-"
Her voice broke off.

"It's ok love. You can cry. You can let it all out, I'm right here. I won't tell a soul." I cooed, running my fingers through her honey locks.

"I... I can't. I want to cry again, but I can't."

"That's ok too. Just remember that I'm here with you. That you're safe. And remember you're not alone."

"I got away before he was able to rape me. But... but I- I... I can't talk about what he did... what he s-said... the things he s-said were h-horrid." She stammered. "I'm overreacting... he didnt r-rape m-me. I'm s-sorry. I'm b-being stupid. It's all my fault. I-"

"Edaline, listen to me." I said, soft but demanding. She stopped her rambling and looked at me, eyes cloudy again.

"It is not your fault. Not at all. You owe no one an explanation. Not me, not your sister, not your Aunt Minerva, no one. He harmed you. He sexually assaulted you. You didn't ask for this, and I am so thankful you got away before it got worse. So so thankful. But that doesn't erase the trauma and pain of what he did to you. What he said to you. If I ever see him again, I will end him." I swore.

"I think you're the best thing that's ever happened to me." She whispered.

"I could say the same about you dear. Now close your eyes sweet girl. I'll be here when you wake up." I promised, cradling her to me as I prayed my actions would bring her some comfort and pain relief.

"Promise?" She whispered.

"Promise."

She nodded and slowly relaxed into me. I watched as the anguish began melting from her face. I hadn't realized I started humming a tune from my childhood until Edaline was asleep. But my hand continued to trail patterns on her back and she all but purred contently.
When I was positive she was asleep, I pressed a gentle kiss to her head.
"Sweet Dreams darling."
——
I must have fallen asleep too because when I woke up, I was still holding the young professor tight and she was still fast asleep. The sun hadn't set quite yet but one glance at the clock on her bedside table told me it was half past five pm. The sun would set anytime now. Shit. I've been here all day. I turned my head back to look at Eda again and all my anxiety from being here vanished. She needs me here. She would do the same for me. And I know deep down, the things I feel for her are more than friendship. Eda's soft groaning snapped me out of my daze. She was waking up.

"Mmmm Narcissa? You... You stayed?" She asked meekly.

"I promised, didn't I?" I smiled.

"Yeah I- I'm just not used to people staying." She said, glancing at the clock. Her eyes went wide. "Oh shit it's nearly six! I'm so sorry! I've kept you all day, oh you must be anxious to get home. I'm sorry!"

Seeing her panicked and guilt stricken face made my heart hurt.

"Hush little lion. I'm so glad I spent the day with you. And no, I'm not anxious to get home darling. I'm happy to stay for as long as you need. You went through something unimaginable today, and I'm honored you allowed me to be there for you. Don't apologize for something I'm more than happy to do." I said, brushing a stray hair from her face.

"You are truly incredible Narcissa. Thank you. I'm not used to leaning on people and to be honest, The two other people who know I was assaulted don't know what you know. I couldn't talk about it, I thought I'd take it to my grave."

"I know we're not childhood best friends or anything but I care very deeply for you Eda. I'll always be here for you." I promised, squeezing her tight.

"And I you."

I sighed, content at the new found ease in our friendship but worry for leaving the vulnerable witch alone for the night began to nag at my conscience.

"Eda?" I asked

"Mmm?"

"It's nearly dinner time. Would you like to go to the great hall?"

She tensed in my arms.

"Umm I'm not up to being around that many people right now, I'll have the elves save me a plate. But you should go home and eat Cissa. You've done enough for me as it is. I cannot thank you enough." She said, making to move out of my arms.
"I'm honored you shared this with me today darling. I know that wasn't easy for you and I do not take the trust you've placed in me lightly. As for dinner, I forgot, but Lucius is gone for the night on business for the ministry. If you'd feel better having company for the night, I'm more than happy to stay or have you at the Manor with me. Especially since I'll be back in the morning." I said, giving her a small smile.

"Are you sure? I don't want to be a-"

"Don't you dare call yourself a burden, Edaline. You are the furthest thing from a burden. I am happy to stay with you tonight." I said firmly. She nodded and gave me a small smile. It didn't quite meet her eyes but I knew she was relieved to not be alone.

"I would greatly appreciate the company tonight Cissy. Thank you."

I nodded and stood up, retrieving my wand from the bedside table.

"Right. Would you like to stay here or at the manor?"

"If you don't mind, I'd prefer to stay here." She said quietly.

I nodded.

"That's fine love. One moment."

I reached into my bag on the chair in the corner and pulled out a change of clothes for the morning, a book, and my nightly potion to help me sleep.

"Undetectable extension charm?" The professor asked, quirking her brow in amusement. She looked impressed too which made me blush.

"Handy in case of emergencies." I replied.

"Boy I guess." She said, snapping her fingers. A house elf appeared, bowing to the young professor.

"How can I's be of service professah Albrecht?" The elf squeaked.

"Hello love. Would you be willing to bring Mrs. Malfoy and I two dinner plates and dessert from the kitchens?" She asked.

"O'course misses. I'lls have those to you in a jiffy." The elf replied before disapparating again.

"I'm gonna have a shower really quick. I'll be out in a few. If you'd like to shower, you're more than welcome to. Help yourself to anything in here, make yourself at home."

"Thank you sweetheart." I said. She gave me a smile and disappeared into the bathroom.
I grabbed my book and plopped down in the arm chair to pick up where I left off in my story. Luckily I had my glasses. The house elves dropped off our dinner right as I heard the water turn off. Perfect timing. I decided not to have a shower and just scourgified myself. Refreshing enough. When Edaline emerged, she was clad in a silk set of pajamas and a robe, her hair had been washed and dried, the loose honey curls falling down past her shoulders. She looked ethereal. She had clearly cried in the shower though, seeing as her cheeks were red and her eyes puffy.

"Oh! Lovely, our dinner is served." She sniffed, forcing a smile.

"The elves just sent it up, perfect timing too as I've reached a good stopping place in my book."
She smiled and moved with me to the table to eat. I forgot how amazing the Hogwarts food is. So rich and filling. By the time we had finished it was half past seven. Eda looked exhausted but she kindly brewed us some tea and put on a muggle record. I enjoyed the peacefulness of the moment, listening as she sang softly to the song.

"Milk and sugar?" She asked.

"Please." I replied, watching her.

When she returned with the tea, we drank it while indulging in small talk. We discussed books, Dracos progress, her time in America, and my love of gardening. And around nine, she went quiet and I knew the memories of her assault had begun to pool in.
I reached out and took her hand in mine, giving it a gentle squeeze.

"I'm here."

She nodded.

"Everyday since its happened, I've had ptsd flashbacks and I don't know how to move forward. And then seeing him today... I-" She cut off, a single tear rolling down her cheek. "Its too much."
I stood up and moved in front of her, pulling her up as well. I wrapped my arms around her in a tight embrace which she accepted and reciprocated.

"You are so brave darling. I'm so proud of you for getting through this." A muffled thank you came from her as I continued to rub her back.

"I know it's only nine, but would you mind if I went to bed? I know it's not the best hostess behavior but-"

"Hush darling. Of course we can go to bed. I'm rather tired myself. I just need to take my potion and then we can."
"Are you alright?" She asked, pulling back to look at me, eyes full of concern.

"I'm fine. It's just to help me sleep." I promised.

"I'm glad. You mean a lot to me Narcissa. I don't want anything happening to you."
I wiped the tears rolling down my cheek at her words. They touched my heart.

"You mean a lot to me as well darling. I promise I'm not going anywhere. I'll be right back." I said, moving to grab the vial. I downed the potion and summoned some water before popping back to Eda and tucking her into the bed. When she was good, I slid in next to her and opened my arms for her, which she happily slid into. She wrapped her arms around me too, and held me back.

"I've got you love. Sleep now. I'll be here when you wake up."

"Thank you... my angel."
——
I awoke around midnight to Eda wiggling in her sleep as soft and scared No's escaped her.
She's having a nightmare. I quickly adjusted myself so I was sitting up and pulled her onto my lap, running my fingers through her hair to soothe her.

"Shhh it's alright darling. It's all ok. You're having a nightmare." I cooed, trying to wake her gently.

It worked and she woke up with a gasp, bolting upright off my lap.

"C-Cissy? What t-time is it? I-what h-happened?" She gasped.

"Shh. It's alright dear. It's alright. You were having a nightmare. It's alright." I said quietly, pulling her back to me as the tears began to fall down her cheeks.

"I'm so sorry I woke you." She whimpered as she relaxed into me.

I pulled the blankets up around us again as I rocked her gently.

"Its alright sweetheart. You're safe. We're in your bed at hogwarts. He can't hurt you here. It's just us. I'm here darling, I won't let anyone hurt you." I promised, pressing a kiss to her temple.
She nodded and muffled an Ok against my chest, fully allowing herself to be vulnerable. "Just close your eyes love. Let me take care of the rest ok?"

She nodded again and relaxed into me further.

"I'm so glad I'm here with you tonight, Edaline. Your bed is so safe and warm. So comfortable. I'm not alone tonight, I haven't had someone in bed with me in years. It means the world to me that you feel safe having me next to you. I'm always going to be here for you my darling. I promise you. I promise." She squeezed me back before looking up at me, eyes filled with tears as she smiled softly.

"You are always welcome here Narcissa. Always. I'm so glad you're here."
——

An owl from Draco in the late evening of a Wednesday was the last thing I was expecting as Draco rarely owls me at all let alone in the middle of the week. So when I saw who it was from, my heart sank to the pit of my stomach. Was my son ok? Did something happen? But what I found in the letter made my heart ache, it was not about him, it was about professor Albrecht. Edaline Albrecht. My Eda.

It's Professor Albrecht. Please help her.

I threw my book down, grabbed my wand, and flooed to Severus Snape's office which was luckily empty and I made my way to Eda's office. I could have flooed to Eda's office but I didn't want to scare her since I didn't know the situation.When I found her office, I knocked and then opened the door, finding Minerva trying and failing to embrace her like a mother trying to calm an inconsolable child, while Edaline just backed further away until. I realized right away that she wasn't crying, she was having a panic attack. Minerva looked up as I entered, ready to kill me for unlocking the door and entering.

"Mrs. Malfoy, I'm sorry but I cannot assist you right now. If you know what's good for you you'll-"

"Edaline?" I gasped, trying to move at a steady pace so I wouldn't make the panic attack worse.

"Cissy?"

My heart broke more hearing her meek shaking voice.

"I'm here darling. I'm here." I promised, rushing forward, as she sidestepped her aunt and allowed me to take her hands. I squeezed them to ground her a bit. It wasn't enough because as soon as McGonagall got close, she squeezed her eyes shut and began to gasp for air again.

"Please- j-just back u-up. I c-can't"

I let go of her hands and pulled Minerva back with me and Eda shrunk to the floor, curled up with her knees to her chest. I could hear faint counting coming from her as she tried to soothe herself.

"What's going on here? How did this happen?" I asked Minerva,

"She's been acting off lately, I was warned by one of her friends that she was dealing with something traumatic that occurred over the summer, so I've been checking in with her. When I came in and tried to talk about it with her, she started panicking. Your son came into the classroom to ask her something but I had him leave as I couldn't calm her down. What are you doing here Narcissa?"

"N-Narcissa's k-knows what h-happened. We're f-friends." Eda gasped.

I crouched down in front of her, still far enough away so she wouldn't feel crowded.

"Can I come closer darling? Would it help to ground you if I squeeze you?" I asked gently, trying to give her a soft smile.

She nodded

"I- I t-try to get a-away." She tried to say, I knew exactly what she meant. I'd gone through the same thing with my sisters. Especially Bellatrix.

"It's alright." I said, pulling her up to stand. "I'm going to get behind you and squeeze ok?"

She didn't fight me as hard as Bella did when she was younger. Eda wiggled a bit, but the gasps subsided and her breathing was getting closer to a normal rate which was good. She let me lower us to the couch, where she finally relaxed against me.

"You did so well sweetheart. I'm so proud of you."

She maneuvered herself so she was curled into me.

"I'm so sorry you have to see me like this. I'm such a mess." She whispered. "I understand if you want nothing to do with me after this."

I shushed her. How could I ever want nothing to do with her.

"You're not a mess darling. I'm not going anywhere. You're safe. No one is going to hurt you. No one will ever harm you when I'm around. I promise. I've got you my love. I've got you and I'm not letting go." I chanted softly to her, trying to reassure her. I hadn't realized I'd called her "my love" until I got a wide eyed expression from Minerva, and I mentally slapped myself. Eda didn't seem to notice though. Thank Merlin.

Minerva watched and placed a ward on the door as well as another silencing charm, sitting down in the chair across from us before asking the big question.

"Eda, what happened?"

She took a deep breath and pulled back from me, looking her aunt in the eyes with exhaustion.

"Over the summer... I was sexually assaulted." Minerva gasped and made to move to her but Eda held up her hand stopping the woman in her tracks. "I love you Auntie, but I won't say more about it. I can't, it's too painful." She said, wiping the tears that were now flowing from her eyes.

"Finally cracked?" I whispered, pressing a kiss to Edaline's head. She nodded and squeezed me tighter. Eda was, calming down a lot faster now that I had been holding onto her. I turned to face the older woman. "I'm gonna take her to bed, will you wait for me?" I asked quietly.

Minnie nodded and pressed a kiss to Eda's forehead, noticing that the woman had silently cried herself to sleep. As I laid Eda in her bed and tucked her in, I took in her fragile form and knew for sure, I was in love with her.Minnie entered a moment later and casted a silencing charm so we could talk without waking Eda.

"I-"

Minerva held up her hand and I knew to let the professor speak.

"Edaline is like a daughter to me. I love her like she's my own flesh and blood..." she paused for a moment before wiping a tear from her eye. "How... how could she not tell me until now?"

I reached out and took her hand in mine.

"I doubt she would have told me if I hadn't been there when she saw him again. It's not an easy thing to talk about, you know. Assault. It's traumatizing. It strips you of your humanity. It makes you feel worthless and guilty for it happening at all. Edaline came into my life exuding nothing but love and sunshine on a cloudy day. She decided to befriend me even though I had been dreadful to her. She... She's my world Minerva. She melted my heart and showed me that I can still feel. It kills me to see her like this, but I am honored she shared it with me and is even allowing me to help her through this. Please don't take it personally."

Minerva nodded and to my utter shock, pulled me in for a hug. I never realized she liked me. I figured she tolerated me and my family in school.

"I've always liked you, Narcissa. You're a good person, and I've believed you to be better than your husband and his... activities. Today you proved me right, since you know Edaline is muggleborn."

I nodded.

"I don't know how anyone could meet her and wish her harm. She's so wonderful." I confessed, hugging her back, willing my tears to stay put.

"I don't know either..." Minerva sniffled. "She's the closest thing I have to a daughter. I can tell you love her."

"I do." It slipped out unconsciously like my comment earlier. I didn't mean to admit it and it scared me for a moment.

"It's ok. I won't tell a soul."

"Thank you." I whispered. "I don't-"

"Cissy..." Eda whispered, waking up from her sleep.

I moved away from Minerva and sat on the edge of Eda's bed, trying to comfort her as best I could.

"Do you want me to lay with you?" I asked gently.

"Please..." she whispered, still half asleep.

I nodded, kicked off my shoes, and laid next to her, spooning her from behind.

"I'm here darling." I whispered, looking up to find Minerva's eyes.

She nodded and turned to leave when Eda murmured "I love you Cissa."

My heart melted and I caught a glimpse of Minerva's smile as she left.

"I love you too." I whispered once I was positive she was asleep, flicking my wand to summon a fluffy blanket from the couch to cover us.
I couldn't act on these feelings, and Edaline could never know. She meant it in the way you love a friend. She couldn't love someone like me right? For all I know, she doesn't even like women that way. I suppose I didn't know I liked women that way either until I met her. Sure there had been a few crushes when I was in school, Alice Longbottom had kissed me at a party in fifth year. But surely all girls want to kiss their girl friends. That's completely normal.

As I laid next to Edaline, listening to the sound of her even breathing, I couldn't help but stare at her. She looks so beautiful when she sleeps. Ethereal. I wonder what it would be like to kiss those soft, full lips. What it would feel like to touch her, what it would feel like to be touched by her. Loved by her. She would know how to make me feel good, all the right places. She would keep me safe too, just like I would keep her safe. I began to imagine what a life with her as my lover would be like. No need to be so cold and reserved in public to keep up the pureblood image. No. I would be able to laugh and smile again. We'd live in a smaller home. Maybe a small mansion? Or would she prefer a domestic life by the beach? I would be happy with either, so long as I get to be with her, and have a large enough closet. We'd sit in our library and read to each other on a rainy day. I can't cook to save my life, maybe she knows how to cook. I can't imagine she's one to want a house elf. She'd take me to America to meet her muggle family, and I'd have her quiz me on muggle facts so I could impress them. I wouldn't have to worry about her not loving my son. It's apparent to me that she takes care of him, and all her students as if they were her own. She clearly cares about Draco, she clearly loves him. He could live with us when he isn't at school until he's ready to move out. Maybe I could reconnect with Andromeda again. After all, I'd be living a life similar to hers, just way later in life.

I sighed at the fantasies I'd been playing in my head. If only it were feasible. I can't imagine what Lucius would do, especially with the whispers of The Dark Lord's return. If anyone ever knew about this, we'd both be dead. I couldn't endanger Edaline even if she felt the same way. I blinked back tears of a life I yearned for but could never have, and tried to sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83.7K 3.3K 26
"Just because he fancies blokes doesn't mean he fancies this bloke!" ~~✩☽~~ wolfstar with a sprinkle of jily ~~✩☽~~ disclaimer: I, unfortunately, do...
577K 19.1K 90
A Malfoy? With a muggle-born? Y/N Malfoy had brought nothing but shame to her family name. But after finding out that she's a prophecy, her entire fu...
87.6K 4.8K 38
My fingers going through your hair, watching you fall asleep. Your legs behind mine. Your arm laying on top of me. Hearing you breathe. Taking my han...
16.1K 558 11
I am so embarrassed, I couldn't believe how bad and how many typos there were in my original. This is me re-writing it and making it better, hopefull...