My Stubborn Heart..

Per MahiMC22

Arnav and Khushi met after a decade in a different atmosphere and circumstance.. let's see how they discover... Més

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
New Cover..
Part 8
Part 9
Teaser 1
Part 10
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Teaser 2
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21

Part 11

1.1K 122 36
Per MahiMC22

Lavanya looked at the sky..It's dark and lightening heavily, resembling her heart and mind's condition.. she looked at her empty hand..how come she became so fool that she thought Arnav is going to marry her.. though she said it to everyone that she found the guy she was looking for..did she?? In past 6 months they been to how many dates, not many..he never likes to take pictures with her or post it,what does it mean..

They are yet to discover each other in many ways but till now how far she discovers him, are they really compatible??..he cares for her that's a obvious fact but does he love her.. Does she love him, love is a very big word she doesn't know if she loves him but she has a very strong affection for him that's for sure, so strong that she can go any extent for him but sadly her affection is not reciprocated the way it should have been.. He is rich,handsome,passionate about his goals,Harvard graduate, well dressed, well mannered person..exactly the type of guy any girl will love to show off to the world as her man and she was blinded by all this fact when he accepted her proposal for a coffee which ended with a kiss but soon she understood he is kind of emotionally not available..

Again another red flag in their relationship, she saw him caring for his Di..talking emotionally about his Di and his parents.. she even saw him showing out of proportion emotion when Khushi a girl he used to know in school slightly burn her hand.. what does this mean??.. It means only one thing he is emotionally unavailable to love her, nothing else..

They have different interests and different personalities and most of the time they don't have any common ground to talk about..He is impatient, got pissed off easily, he doesn't like her never ending involvement in social media and most importantly he doesn't want to announce their relationship publicly..

After dating for few months where she is the one who mostly took initiative for any dates, she was kind of sure he is going to break up with her as he was hardly showing any interest to span time with her but a week ago things got changed as suddenly he invited her to his sister's anniversary and proposed her in-front of all but how foolish she was she didn't understand that the oversized ring was not for her.. she is yet to discover the story behind the ring..

Lavanya's trance broke with a clicking noise of camera and she looked up..NK was standing a feet away from her and clicked a picture of her..

'Sorry sorry.. I took your picture without permission but I wanted to click the natural image, you were looking beautiful..'

Lavanya smiled slightly ..'Thanks..can I see the picture..'

'Sure..' NK showed her the picture and she said,'Nice..Can you give it to me.. I want to post it..'

'Happily but with one condition..' Hearing NK, Lavanya looked at him twisting her eyebrows..'You have to give me the picture credit..'

Lavanya smiled little more and nodded..After a while NK asked,'Are you okay??..'

She nodded looking somewhere else..'Is everything fine with you and Nannav..' NK asked without hesitation..

'Yes..actually we had a little miscommunication but it will be fine soon..' She replied..

NK looked at his camera and said..'Good, but you know sometimes we can't see something as clear as water just because we don't want to see it and name it as miscommunication or misunderstanding..'

'Excuse me..what do you mean??' Lavanya asked with a confusing look..

NK smiled..'Nothing, you take care.. I will check on others..' saying that he left and she kept looking at his tiring figure..What was he trying to say??

Lavanya read the message again Arnav sent this morning after she informed him she reached Orlando safely..

'Good to know you reached safely..Enjoy your day and don't worry about anything else..we will talk once you come back from your Disney trip..'

She replied..'Missing you so much ASR...I wish you were here..It would have been so much fun'

After a long time he replied..'We need to talk Lavanya .. we really need to talk..'

Neither she is a kid nor it's her first relationship, she is clearly understanding what Arnav is trying to do but she will not let it happen.. She will make him understand, yes she will do this..She can't let him go this easily.. After a long time she found someone who made her heart beat and her stubborn heart is not allowing her to let him go this easily.. she knows trying is hard but if it can give her the man of her dreams it's all worth it..
:
:

'Hi Khushi dear...'

Khushi was not surprised at all seeing the person seating next to her, she knew he didn't go to Disney but still she acted surprised!!!..why?? Only she would know..'Arnav what are you doing here??'

'I think I am the one, who should ask you this?? What are you doing here..' Arnav asked with a confused expression as he thought Khushi will be going with the others..

'I didn't go to Orlando, I suddenly got a call for a job interview..though it was via video call I thought it's better to do it from home..' she said in a low voice..

'Ohh ok.. I didn't know you are at home, otherwise I would have come early..' Arnav asked trying to hide the nervousness and excitement he was feeling.. he is alone with Khushi in such a big empty house.. His throat were getting dry thinking about this..

'Why???' Khushi asked casually..

Arnav gulped a little..'I mean you are all alone at home..so I could have given you company..'

'Hmm..' she stated staring at the pool water..

Arnav looked at her how come she is so quiet,this girl used to talk non stop..After few moments of silence Arnav stands up,' I am making a drink for myself..do you want anything??'

'No.. I am good' she said shaking her head negatively..

'Oh, I forgot!! you don't drink..'He said with a tease..

'I try not to but once in a while I do..' she replied with a smile and embraced look..

'What about today?? A little bit will not harm.. what's say??' He said raising his eyebrows..

'I guess.. ok..' she replied shrugging her shoulders.

Come with me he gave his hand for her to hold which she held after looking at him for few seconds..he bought her near the bar area and made a drink for them..Taking the first sip she made a face..'Eeehh..Too strong..'

He took a sip and said ..' Come on Khushi, it's a mild drink..I thought you will gulped it like water but ups!! It's too strong for you..'

Khushi glared at him and said,' Are you challenging me Mr. Raizada??'

Before he could say anything she gulped half of the drink and made an irritated face.. Arnav took the glass from her hand and said,'Take it easy lioness I was kidding, it is little strong but I like it this way..'

Khushi didn't say anything and Arnav laughed..'Do you remember how you wanted to celebrate my rejection from Harvard with alcohol..' Khushi looked at his smiling face and asked,'You remember??..'

'Of course I do.. You know I thought you will be an alcoholic growing up but how come you turned out a fitness freak who doesn't even drink..'

Khushi's face became pale and she drank another sip..
Arnav looked at Khushi and ask with a sad expression,' You also remember everything right or you don't..'

Khushi sighed..'How come I not.. it all happened in this life time only..'

'Yes but seems like it was all in a different life time..'

'I wish it was on a different life time..' she said finishing the drink..

Arnav looked at her..He so wants to know what's going on in her mind..Does the time they spent together is as special to her as to him..if yes then why she never looked for him.. why??..His stubborn heart wants answers and the weather,her nearness are only encouraging his urges to get her the way he always wanted..Though his mind is asking him to be slow and patience,his heart which was determined to act like an eighteen years old was not listening to his mind..It wants answers, it wants her..Now!!

Breaking the silence Arnav asked with lots of emotion, ' will you answer me something please.. if you don't mind..' Khushi was afraid hearing him saying that and the change of his voice was also making her anxious.. her heart was anticipating with the thought of his question..

Arnav looked at her eyes and said ,' You lied about the interview, right?? You had a fight with Druhv this morning and this the reason you didn't go to Orlando, correct??'

'No and yes.. I actually had an interview and I did fight with Druhv but how do you know..' Khushi answered not looking at him.. she was to nervous too meet his eyes..

'I heard you guys are fighting about taking a break or something..I am sorry I shouldn't have heard but you guys were fighting in an open area, plus you both were very loud..' Arnav said not looking at her, he feels uncomfortable talking to her about her relationship with someone else..

Khushi said,' Druhv was insisting me to go with him, he was not understanding the importance of my interview..so one thing led into another and I asked for a break..'

Arnav was extremely surprised by her answer, she was answering like talking to him is not a big deal..He was happy seeing her opening to him like this..May be it's the alcohol in her making her speak like this but what ever he is happy that she is talking freely like they used to do..

For changing the topic she asked little hesitatingly.. 'So, you broke up with Lavanya??..'

Arnav looked at her trying to understand where this conversation is leading them.. She is alone, near to him, opening up a bit.. he doesn't want to answer something and shut her down..his mind was in a debate what to answer.. Again he is also in a confused state with his relationship status with Lavanya.. Surely they are not engaged anymore, they actually never were and he gave her a clear indication of breaking up but technically he is still in a relationship with Lavanya as since last night they didn't utter a word with each other until she texted him this morning after reaching Orlando..

Arnav was looking at Khushi and first time since they met again he saw a shine in her eyes which was more than enough to tell him what she wants to hear..

'Yes..we broke up..' Arnav said in a go and Khushi took a deep breath of relief, which she was holding since she asked him the question and it didn't go unnoticed by Arnav..

'I am sorry..' she said and he replied raising his one eyebrow..'Are you??'

Khushi took another drink from the counter and gulped it..She is extremely nervous,Arnav is standing very close to her, they are alone in this beautiful weather and the rising temperature in her body wants to do something prohibited..Her stubborn heart wants to forget something and do an act which is equal to a crime..

She went near him and stands lining on his shoulder.. Arnav looked at her with confusion and answered the unasked question of her..'I never proposed Lavanya..it's all a misunderstanding..It was Di's anniversary and she asked me to bring Lavanya..She knew I was dating her, I took her as Di was insisting a lot..that ring she was wearing is actually Di's..Jija ji bought it for her.. He wanted to give her a surprise and make her wear it in front of the crowd and he asked me to keep it,I was just keeping it to myself.. while dancing it fall down from my pocket, I had no clue the spot light was on me.. I bent down to pick it up and Lavanya thought I am proposing her, when she asked me if I am proposing her..I was all ready to say no but everyone was watching us.. before I could say anything Di and Nani came near us.. Di started crying and getting all emotional.. I didn't know how to break Lavanya's heart and embarrass her in front of so many people..  ' He paused a little..'still I was all set to tell her the truth after the party but Di called her family and informed about the proposal... so It became too complicated.. '

'I didn't ask..' She said looking at him..

'I know but I still want you to know..' he replied with a husky voice..

'Why??..why you want me to know..who am I??..'..He kept looking at her and then chuckled..Khushi felt a storm forming inside her..a storm stronger than the one coming and suddenly it started raining..

Khushi was too engrossed in her thoughts that the falling rain drops on her skin didn't break her trance but Arnav holds her hand and bought her inside the bar, which is open from 3 sides, they stand on the middle and was looking at the rain quietly..fighting their own battles with their inner hearts..

Taking some courage and fighting the game of heart and mind Arnav finally moved near Khushi and held her hand..'What are you thinking??' He asked..

Khushi sighed,'it's a good thing that you broke up with Lavanya before it's too late..'

'Hmm.. so you think it's a good thing that I broke up with her??' He asked making her turn around..so that they can face each other..

She nervously said..' No no.. I mean yes .. I mean I didn't mean it like you are saying..'

He took a step towards her and she took a step back..'so how were you meaning??'

With every step he was taking towards her she was backing away and stopped when her back touched a wall..'I mean I am sorry your relationship broke but it's a good thing that you don't have to live a lie anymore..'

'So you agree living a lie is not good, right??' He asked nearing his mouth to hers and she nodded..

'So answer me without lying, do you love Druhv??' He asked in an authoritative tone..

Without answering him Khushi tried to leave but he blocked her with his both hands.. Khushi was shocked seeing him like this, he was standing very near to her, though his body was not touching her she was feeling his warmth.. Her heart was racing and cheek was getting red and warmed..

She replied as calmly as possible,' You have nothing to do with this..' saying that she tried to leave again but he didn't let her.. ' what you want to know..' she asked with a heavy shaking voice...

'Yes or no..answer me..' He also replied with a heavy tone and she shook her head negatively and a smile appeared in Arnav's face..Khushi twisted her eyebrows and said..'Let me go, please Arnav..'

Arnav removed his hand from her sides and she started leaving immediately but stopped as he held her hand from behind and turning back she looked at him widening her eyes.. He pulled her hand and she landed on his chest, leaving her hand he touched her back and hiding his face on her hair he tightened his hold on her..'I miss you Khushi.. I miss us..'

Khushi was standing there as tears were forming on her eyes.. she was not believing her ears, he missed her!!..she was having hard time to process this information..Neither she hug him back nor she pushed him away, she just said..'what are you doing Arnav??.. leave me..'

'Please, please stay.. just few minutes please..' He said snuggling more on her.. he puts a deep kiss on her shoulder and she hugged him back..'I miss you too..'

Both stand there holding each other for a long time, they were living a dream they thought will never fulfill even if its a temporary thing they don't want to let it go and after a while when they brook the the hug he still kept her in his arms holding her by her waist.. He was not ready to let her go..Arnav touched his forehead with her..he rubbed his finger on her cheek and Khushi came out of the hug, she immediately turned around so that she wouldn't see his face..'Let's go inside..' saying that she ran inside..

Arnav followed her and saw she is breathing heavily coming inside.. Seeing him, she took a step to go to upstairs but stopped as Arnav asked,'Running away from me??..'

She looked at him and said..'No, why should I?'

'Hmm.. then let's have a chat, we have a lot to catch up..come seat..' he said pointing a three seater sofa and she sat there..Her heart was still pounding like it will come out anytime.. Arnav bought a towel and rubbed it on her head..'You will get cold..'

'I am ok..' Khushi replied and Arnav wiped his hair with same towel..Throwing it away he asked,'Do you want coffee or anything else..'

'No..' she replied..he sat very close to her almost side hugging her..'Akash just texted,they will not come back today.. the weather is very bad in Orlando..' Khushi nodded..

Holding her hand he asked..'So you missed me??'

Khushi looked at him and said..'Arnav I..' She stopped as she felt his lips on her..she sat there like a statue, his sudden unexpected action made her numb..

He removed his lips and looked at her, he so wanted to do that since they met and was stopping himself but couldn't anymore.. The girl of his dreams is in his arms, they are alone in this beautiful weather..his logicality left him long ago and he doesn't want to think about the consequences of his actions.. He wants to forget everything and drawn himself into her..

He so wants to take the chance destiny gave him, he looked for her badly but never found her.. She was at his door step at the moment when he was almost engaged to someone else.. Surely his destiny wants something and he will be a fool if he missed this opportunity to give them the chance..It's Khushi after all, his Khushi!!!

'What was that??..' Khushi asked still seating on a same position..

'I missed you Khushi!! I missed you so very much.. you have no clue how hard I look for you..' saying that he hold her by her waist and cupped her face with another hand..

He kept looking at her lips and she came more close to him,understanding her approval he kissed her again at first softly and then little harshly..she moved her one hand on his back and another on his hair.. he hold her waist tightly and laid down on the sofa with Khushi on top of him,without breaking the kiss..

Khushi didn't protest and deepened the kiss..They were kissing each other madly like thirsty lions..oh, only they know how long they waited for this moment and lose the hope of it ever will come true but they got it and don't want to miss a bit of this moment, they want to live it like there is no tomorrow..this is it, for them!!..he removed her shrug,throwing it away he moved his both hands all over her back...

They broke the kiss when they were out of breath.. she puts her forehead on his and stayed there cupping his cheek, she gave a open mouth kiss to his forehead and cheeks.. he turned her around, so that she can lay under him..

' Khushi.. I...I..' Arnav's voice was breaking with emotion..

'I know.. I know..' she said cupping his one cheek..

He buried his face on her neck..' I missed you, I missed you so much..' he kept saying the same things again and again as saying this once are not enough to make her understand the depth of his feelings..

'Me too..' she said hugging him..

He started kissing her neck, throat, upper chest, shoulder.. she closed her eyes with pleasure..he came down to her right side and pulled her for a hug.. she holds his tee shirt in a tight fist.

'Why didn't you ever contact me then?? Do you have any idea how much I looked for you..how much I cried for you..' he said hugging her as tight as possible ..

'I thought you forgot me..' she said hiding her face on his shoulder closing her eyes..It feels so good being this near to him..

'Of course..crazy girl..' he said kissing her eyes..' After moving to Boston I started missing you like crazy, you didn't have cell phone but I tried your land line, no one picked up.. you know during my summer break I went to your house to meet you but you were not there..why Khushi, what happened??'

Khushi opened her eyes and looked at him being afraid, what the hell was she doing, she left him and stands up..Shaking her head negatively she started leaving and he grabbed her hand..'Khushiii.. what happened??..where are you going??'

'Arnav leave me..let me go..' she said harshly..

'No, I won't..' he also said harshly and then calmed himself down, he pulled her to him..'Please sweetheart,listen to me..let's talk..'

'I am your brother's girlfriend,Arnav..' She said angrily..

'But you don't love him and you just kissed me.. don't pretend it never happened..' Arnav said gritting his teeth..

'It was a mistake..' She said looking down..

'Oh ok.. I got it!!..was missing me a mistake too.. you said you missed me too..' He was getting angry now..

'I missed you as a friend, nothing more nothing less..'

Arnav chuckled,'Are you lying to me or to you.. stop lying Khushi.. I know I am and always was more than a friend to you..I was a fool back then that I didn't understand it but I am reading your actions since past few days, you can't lie to me..'

'You are reading me all wrong..leave my hand right now..let me go..' she said trying to remove her hand from his hold but he held her more tightly..

Arnav almost pleads,'Please Khushi, don't do this..You have no clue how much I looked for you, how much happy I am getting you back..please give us a chance.. please..'

Khushi looked at him with tears, she was not believing his words..he cupped her cheek,'Sweetheart you don't worry about anything.. are you worried about Druhv?it's all cool, If you want I will talk to him,I know you are still with Druhv but you agreed you don't love him.. I know you are not even comfortable with him, he told me everything..'

Khushi looked at him with surprised..'You asked him about us?? He said I am not comfortable with him??..'

He sighed and said in a low tone,'Yes, he did.. he said you are not comfortable with him intimately but Khushi all this doesn't matter.. I know it's all casual from both of your sides and Lavanya also said you never dated anyone before Druhv..what does it mean??'

'So you were inquiring about me??..'Khushi asked coming out of his hold..

Arnav understood the change in Khushi's voice and face which made him little furious, he was not understanding why it's such a big deal if he inquired about her, he said in a stern tone ..'Yes I did, so what?? I wanted to know about you..'

'What else do you know??' Her eyes turned red with anger, with fear..

Arnav sighed, he was upset seeing her like this but he preferred to say the truth..he wants to know everything..'I know you missed your education for four years..' Khushi didn't say anything and was huffing in anger..

'Khushi it's ok..am I your friend and we will talk about all thi...'

'Stay away from me.. ' Khushi screamed before Arnav finished his sentence and took few steps back..

She ran from there and locked herself in upstairs...Arnav stands there shocked!!

....

Author's Note

How was it?? Please share your constructive feedback.. what you like and what you don't.. your comments encourage me..

By the way is this chapter too long??

Love and Happy readings ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

515K 25.7K 55
A beautiful love story of Arnav and Kushi who got married in an most unexpected way.....
143K 7.7K 44
Two individuals, poles apart. One is sophisticated while the other one is naive, one is ruthless while the other one is bubbly. A story about two peo...
617K 9.2K 21
What if Arnav uses Khushi for his revenge? What if he throws Khushi out after using her? What if he meets her three years later and gets the biggest...
46.1K 2.9K 17
Arshi One shots and short stories will be uploaded here... hope you like it. All the pictures are collected from internet. None of the pictures belon...