Part 16

Arnav was driving his car recklessly in the busy streets of New York..His eyes were red and hand was shaking a bit..Anger, hurt, disappointment and most importantly disbelief was consuming him..There are some times in life when we feel totally clueless, we feel we are seeing only darkness ahead and that was the condition of Arnav..

He was still not available to put that information in his mind that he is a father..He has a son, his very own son and the irony is that he doesn't know where is he neither the son's mother..He was clueless what should he do now, what should be the most responsible action right now..To whom he should ask for help?!?!

When he was busy achieving his dreams, achieving his father's business only God knows what was happening with his own child..In which condition he was in or still in..

He was driving aimlessly and soon reached at outskirts of the city..He stopped his car in a isolated area and sat there putting his head at the steering wheel..He so wanted to scream, scream as loud as he can so that all his anger frustration and sadness can come out but unfortunately no words were coming out of his mouth..

He was feeling betrayed and failed and can't even blame anyone for this.. He knew everyone was probably right at their own place still it's not gonna change the fact that he was betrayed..

He rested his head on the head rester after a while and started crying shaking his whole body and only one word came out of his mouth..'Mumma..Mumma..' because doesn't matter how old we are in extreme distress we only remember one person and that is our mother..

Arnav was gritting his teeth and fisting his hand tightly, remembering about the biggest shock of his life he received few hours ago....

Flashback..

'You don't know, where is he??' Arnav asked taking few steps backward..

Khushi sat putting all her weight at the back board of the hospital bed..She needed lots of courage to tell the darkest truth of her life..The event which changed her life like this..

After a little while she said,'He was with me only for a day..little more than 24 hours and then they took him away..' She said looking at the white wall of the hospital room.. She can't say it looking at anyone's eyes and saying it while looking at Arnav's eyes were out of question..

'You gave him for adoption??..' He asked gulping his pain..

'Hmm..When he was in my womb,my father made it clear that once he is born an adoption agency will take him away..He had talked to them already..I didn't oppose, I kind of agreed to it as I was afraid my father will beat me again, I was afraid to be a mother at 18 only.. I was afraid to be a single mom..' Hearing her Arnav closed his eyes and fisted his hand so tightly that his own nails were hurting him..

She continued..'He was not even supposed to be with me for a minute but when he born it was snowing a lot due to the bad weather no one collected him and he stayed with me for a day..You know Arnav he was very tiny and all pink..When my step mother saw him she said he looks exactly like me but when I saw him properly I realized he got his eyes from you, his eyes were exactly like yours..'

Saying that she took a deep breath as she was feeling a heavy stone lifted from her chest sharing this with Arnav but he was feeling a heavy stone was just placed on his chest..

'He was quite awake and was looking at me with his tiny eyes at the moment they arrived to take him..As soon as they took him away from my lap, he started crying as if he was understanding some one snatching him away from his mother.. He was crying so loud that my whole being was shaking with his noise.. I looked at my father helplessly that may be my son's loud scream will melt his heart but he didn't put any attention towards it, he was busy singing few papers..while my baby was crying loudly I was seating there tearing up my eyes without making any noise.. for a second I didn't tell them that I don't want to give my baby to anyone, I didn't tell them I am his mother and no one can take him away from me.. He was crying may be this was the only way he knew to tell everyone he wanted to be with his mother but no one heard his pleading not even his own mother ..'