Holding On

Od Enockito

Two years after breaking the heart of Zain Chadwick due to her fear of falling in love, Emma Taylor encounter... Viac

ᴏɴᴇ
ᴛᴡᴏ
ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ
ғᴏᴜʀ
ғɪᴠᴇ
sɪx
sᴇᴠᴇɴ
ᴇɪɢʜᴛ
ɴɪɴᴇ
ᴛᴇɴ
ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ
ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ
ᴛʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ
ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴛᴡᴏ: ғᴏᴜʀᴛᴇᴇɴ
ғɪғᴛᴇᴇɴ
sɪxᴛᴇᴇɴ
sᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ
ᴇɪɢʜᴛᴇᴇɴ
ɴɪɴᴇᴛᴇᴇɴ
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴏɴᴇ
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴛᴡᴏ
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ғᴏᴜʀ
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ғɪᴠᴇ
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ sɪx
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-sᴇᴠᴇɴ
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴇɪɢʜᴛ
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ɴɪɴᴇ
ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ
ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ᴏɴᴇ
ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ᴛᴡᴏ
ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Fourty
Fourty-One
Fourty-Two
Fourty-Three
Fourty-Four
Fourty-Five
Fourty-Seven
Fourty-Eight
Fourty-Nine
Fifty
Fifty One
Fifty Two
Fifty Three
Fifty Four
Fifty Five
Fifty-Six
Fifty-Seven
Fifty-Eight
Fifty-Nine
Epilogue

Fourty-Six

299 6 0
Od Enockito

Emma was a tomato the next day as Gustavo and Amanda, on bringing Amy, wouldn't stop teasing them about their rapturous night and asking, playfully, how it was. When Emma refused to speak, Amanda pointed at the hickey on her neck.

"You don't need to tell me. I can just guess." She mused in a teasing tone.

Gasping, Emma brushed strands of her hair to cover the spot, and despite herself, a reminiscent smile curled her lips up as she thought of the love bites George had left in far more intimate places.

"So you guys will be going today?" Gustavo asked, his voice a bit wishful. He didn't seem all that comfortable as his wife was about getting she and George to discuss their sex life.

According to their schedule, after the final day of the jazz fest today, they would head for the airport where they would take a flight to Miami to continue their vacation.

Shaking his head, George waggled his finger warningly at Gustavo. "Don't give me that look, man."

"Well fine." The other man said, straightening himself, seemingly not wanting to appear emotional. "It's not like anyone is gonna miss you guys."

"Even you find that lie hard to believe." George taunted, eliciting chuckles from all but Gustavo, who's frown deepened.

After the last session of the festival, packed with a lot more people and fun performances, Gustavo dropped them at the airport after they'd gone to the apartment to freshen up and grab their luggage.

“You know I really like talking to you, Emma.” Amanda admitted when they were in the waiting hall. “We should get our husbands to let us do this once in every while.”

"Yes, you are right." Emma said sincerely, feeling that the emotion on that was mutual.

Turning to George, Amanda shot him a mock warning glare. "And you, Sir, you better make her happy always. Or else..."

"Okay, do you even have to tell me that?" George cut her off, rolling his eyes. "Her happiness is mine and so is her sadness. And I don't think anyone would want to cause their own sadness."

His words touched her so much she could only stare at him as he smiled at her. He would always put her happiness first, while she on the other hand, had been doing quite the opposite in the past few days...

She swallowed the lump of emotion and forced a smile. "And I really like you too, Gustavo, you talking bird."

The man's head raised proudly, chest jutting out. "Who wouldn't like Gustavo?" He winked, gesturing at his body. Amanda widened her eyes and punched him in the ribs.

Just then, their flight was announced. Amanda and Gustavo both leaned down and kissed Amh on the cheek, the little girl's expression suffused with a bit of disappointment. It was obvious the two had done enough last night to make her love their company.

The two and a half hour non-stop flight to Miami was one filled with expectations for Emma. She couldn't wait to experience more with her daughter and husband.

Miami was a beautiful city with it's art deco architecture, a sparkling psychedelic ambience that gave emphasis to it's intense nightlife, and a sea that shimmered like silk under the moonlight.

***~***

Emma sighed longingly, as hand in hand, she strolled down the shores of the mid-beach along with George while he carried their daughter, wishing this vacation could last forever. Or at least much longer than planned before the real world intruded. Before she came clean with George and faced the reality of his reaction and decision.

The breeze rippled through her hair, so saline she could practically taste the salt on her tongue by just inhaling.

The sky was a striking blue, matching the colour of the rippling waters. The sand was squishy against their feet, almost ticklish. What was it about watching the sea waves, hearing the music of their ebb and flow as they crashed on the shores and fizzled that had such a calming effect?

They strode along the Ocean drive of the south beach, enjoying the view of the architectural designs before returning to the beach to sun-bathe.

As they lounged under the sun, George holding her hand while they watched Amy with other kids building sand castles, she felt the peace and happiness radiate through his hands to hers.

And she felt the same way, wanting this happiness to last forever. And yet she knew, knew that there could come a time when George would snatch his hand, stripping her off his warmth if not today. The thought sent fear shuddering through her.

"Hey, you okay, sugar?" He asked, as if he sensed how she felt.

Putting on a smile, she gazed into his eyes. "How can I not be okay when I'm with you?"

"Ugh, your delectable mouth." He groaned, getting up from his lounging chair. Leaning down, he kissed her on the lips briefly. "I'm suddenly so ravenous for coconut. Come along?"

“They sell some around here? I guess they're in the restaurants because I didn't see anyone selling which is surprising considering all these coconut trees around.”

“I heard some people sell them on carts somewhere along the beach walk. Would you like to go get one with me?”

She twisted her lips sensuously, then slicked a tongue over them. "Well, I have one right in front of me. But I guess two won't hurt." Then she sighed. “But you know this is a new environment and we can't leave Amy alone.”

George pursed his lips thoughtfuly. “We can't take her either. Look at her,  she's having so much fun.” Then his eyes fell on a woman who was the mother of one of the kids Amy was playing with lounging a few steps from the children. “We can just ask her to look after our princess. We won't keep long anyways."

Emma nodded, receiving his lips in a brief kiss before watching him walk away. What will become of me when you leave me, George?

Shrugging off the unpleasant feeling that accompanied the thought, she smiled at the woman when George pointed towards her, receiving a smile in return before the woman nodded at George.

“So yeah. All set. Let's go.” George took her hand, and they begun to stroll along the shores. It was a pleasant feeling, but they'd only gone a small distance when George suddenly asked, “Hey, isn't that Zain.”

At his words her heart squeezed so painfully it stole her breath. Snapping her head to the direction George was gesturing with his head, she felt panic slam trough her as she spotted Zain strolling along the sores as well, facing away from.

“Hey, Zain!” George shouted. Zain, wearing a light blue T-shirt on a pair of white shorts turned to look back at the second call.

“George? Emma?” Zain walked towards them, the expression of surprise on his face as fake as the smile he flashed a second later. When he met her gaze, his eyes held a you-can-run-but-you-can't-hide look that made her suck in a fearful breath.

She should've trusted what her guts instincts hand told her when they were embarking on their trip. That he would find her. That he would try to destroy her happiness.

"Hello Emma." His smile grew ever more daring.

She could only stare, transfixed, a sense of shock, dread and denial seizing her senses. She had to be dreaming.

"Love?" George, nudging her on the shoulder, drew her back to reality, one which wasn't so pleasant; Zain was still there.

"What are you doing here, Zain?" She must have come off too gruffly, for George quirked an eyebrow at her, and her heart skipping a beat, she forced a smile and turned to Zain. "It's just such an unexpected surprise seeing you here."

“Yes, it's such a coincidence, huh? I came to meet some family friends on behalf of my father. And they said I couldn't leave without having a good time on the beaches." He smiled, ruffling his hair with his hand.

Lies. All lies.

Emma's nostrils flared as an anger so deep she feared George would sense it surged through her. Of course he was lying. She knew his main motive for this, knew he'd only come to once again disrupt her happiness.

"I did come to the beach with someone, though. Ah, there she is." Pointing and waving at a brunette young woman, Zain called out. "Love, I'm here."

"She's your girlfriend?" George's question had her sucking in a breath, waiting for his answer. She couldn't help the disappointment when Zain replied.

"Oh no, George. She's just actually a daughter of the family I came to visit. She is actually the one who suggested this visit turned vacation thing." He chuckled softly. "And by the way, Love is her name."

Love strolled up to them, intertwining her fingers with Zain's. "Hi."

She was a beautiful woman with a rare, sultry amber eyes, seductive lips, brunette, and with an aura of confidence about her. Emma wished all these potentials she could glimpse at first sight would work on Zain, entrance him soon enough. That way, he would be out of her life.

"Hey." Both she and George said almost at the same time.

"Okay, so Love, meet Emma and George Lancaster. Emma is a friend from my alma mater and George is my business partner."

For a moment, Emma could swear something flashed in the woman's eyes, something inexplicable, and yet it was gone as quickly as it came.

"Pleased to meet you." A warm smile splaying her face, Love shook both their hands.

"Look who we have hear." Zain said as he stared at the direction of where the children were building sandcastles, obviously spotting Amy. "The sweet little angel."

Walking quietly towards the children with them following him and Emma clenching her fists beside her, he towered above them from behind Amy, then lowering himself he held her by the waist, hoisting her up. Amy shrieked as she probably felt the tickle of his fingers. She frowned as Zain turned her to face him. "You broke my castle."

Amy's legs had hit the pile of sand when Zain whisked her off the ground. "Hey, I'm so sorry princess. We can always build another one together right." Zain coaxed and raised his fist. "Paddies?"

Smiling widely, Amy bumped her own little fist into his while he made his way towards them. "Love, this is Amy, and she's their daughter." He gestured at she and George.

Love stroked Amy's cheeks playfully. "She looks so much like her father."

"I'd say she looks more like her mother. They're both very beautiful." For a moment Em saw his nostrils flare, his jaw clench, and his glare when he looked straight at Love as if warningly, but again, the reaction was gone before she could comprehend it's reality as if it had never happened.

She felt sick to her stomach, her anger beginning to burn deeper. Looking at George, she only saw his smile, not the hint of suspicion she was searching for. She probably wouldn't have been suspicious either had she been in his shoes. Zain was orchestrating his act so perfectly, leaving no room for doubts. And Emma knew, that somehow, this Love woman blended into his plans.

But what exactly was he planning?

The question sent a punch of dread to her stomach, and knowing she needed some minutes away to regain her composure, she turned to George. "I want to go to the washroom."

"Oh really? Do you want me to come with you, sugar?"

"Come on. She's going to the ladies, man, not 1000 kilometres away." Zain rolled his eyes as he spoke, but Emma could sense no antagonism in the act. Bastard.

Kissing George, she practically felt needles prick her skin, no doubt from Zain's glare. Ignoring him, she set off.

The public washroom was an agonizing distance away, but once in there and thankful for the dearth of company, she rubbed her face furiously with some water, ignoring the inquisitive stares of the women in the ladies' room.

As the chaos begun mounting, the emotions clashing, Em let out a whimper, for it was one which encapsulated in it's dreadful wholeness, the uncertainties that still thrived. Those she thought had been at least mellowed if not dissipated with these seven days after her reconciliation with George.

Suddenly, she realized that whenever Zain stayed away from her for a while and she spent more time with her husband and daughter, thoughts of him vanished.

It was only after he would drive back into her life she would feel the uncertainties consolidate and take solid shapes of ghosts that haunted her consciousness.

God, it would be so easy living her forever with George if there was no Zain around, and for a fleeting moment, she wished for something that made her guts gnarl with disgust as shame seared her conscience; that Zain still had the cancer that'd separated them years ago.

Berating herself for letting her emotions get to her on such a level, the level of wishing something she would've never wished for even her worse enemy, Emma wiped her face with some tissue, squaring her shoulders belligerently. She was going to show Zain that his presence affected did not affect her.

Yes, she was going to show him.

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

143K 2K 10
She sacrificed her pain to erase the one she saw in him. When one night brings more than a single favour....and pleasure grows within painful circums...
5K 38 11
I should've known she would ruin me the moment I saw her. Women like her are made to destroy men like me. Given to me to start a war; I was too eager...
2.8K 113 21
Zack and Rachel start an awkward life together after he "rescues" her from the hospital. Zack just wants to take care of her and make her smile. Rach...
26 0 24
Zara, a teen who suffers from past trauma doesn't understand the messages from her dreams. She continues to search for answers as her Dad decides to...