๐’๐ฉ๐ฒ ๐ˆ๐ง ๐ƒ๐ž๐ง๐ข๐š๐ฅ โœญ TM...

By mazewriterrr

Jane is put in the maze as the first girl, but she has different intentions than the others. At first, she do... More

Information (Author)
Characters
1 - First Impressions
2 - "The Lizard And The Mean Hoe"
3 - Bonfire
4 - Morning
5 - Working
6 - Clothes
7 - Touch
8 - Anger
9 - Weapon Room
10 - Drama
11 - Statements
12 - Apology
13 - "Newt shucker"
14 - The Pit
15 - Training
16 - WICKED โœญ
18 - The Boys โœญ
19 - Saver
20 - Three Rules
21 - Bet
22 - Sunrise
23 - Maze
24 - Minho โœญ
25 - Caught In The Middle
26 - Hut
27 - Banishment
28 - The Boys โœญ
29 - Map Room
30 - Hidden Talent
31 - The Boys โœญ
32 - The Boys โœญ
33 - Memories
34 - The Spy
35 - Waking Up
36 - Limp
37 - Games
38 - Bruised, Burned, and Barked
39 - Lovebirds
40 - The Boys โœญ
41 - Interrupted
42 - The Boys โœญ
43 - Note
44 - Points
45 - Choosing
46 - The Task
47 - Awful And Afraid
48 - Words
49 - "I Wasn't Staring At Your Lips"
50 - WICKED โœญ
51 - Little Man
52 - Dreams.. Hopefully
53 - The Boys โœญ
54 - Arguing
55 - Last Warning
56 - Beetle Blade
57 - Greenie Day
58 - "Oh, God."
59 - Stung
60 - Rain
61 - Night
62 - Another One
63 - Griever Pancake
64 - Girls Are Awesome
65 - Jealous
66 - Blades
67 - Attack
68 - Plan
69 - Escape
70 - Broken Promises
SEQUEL

17 - Gathering

3.8K 132 162
By mazewriterrr

"You can be at the gathering," Newt said the next morning. My face lit up and I quickly followed Newt, my heart pounding in my chest. I was nervous.

"Alright. Slim it, everyone." Alby shouted once we all sat in the Hut. Alby stood on a podium with two chairs behind him. Newt sat on one of them. The other Keepers sat on benches and I on a separate chair.

"As we all know, our Greenie here wanted to be a Runner. Minho gave her the training yesterday, and turned out, she was quite good at it. Almost beat Minho himself." Alby explained. A few boys gasped and looked at me. "So we go vote. Frypan, you start."

"I vote for Jane to be a Runner because she's able to do it," Frypan said. I gave him a thankful nod.

"Zart?"

"I vote yes." Was the only thing the Keeper said. A few more others followed and also said yes.

"I say no." Gally decided. My stomach dropped. Gally knew something about my memories and he didn't trust or like me.

"And you, Newt?" Alby turned to the Brit.

Newt took a breath before answering, causing me to frown. Why didn't he just say yes right away? He was my friend! Right?

"I would've voted no, but since-."

I never completely caught what Newt said, since the voice in my head was there again.

Cut the wires.

What wires? I asked back, in my head, of course.

The ones in the kitchen. For the power.

What if I don't do it? I wondered.

There will be consequences.

What is the consequence this time?

The voice stopped for a few seconds. There will be double Grievers in the maze tomorrow.

Then the voice got cut off. It was like something in my mind snapped. Gone.

What if I just obey for once? I wondered, not talking to the voice anymore. I don't want there to be double Grievers. What if someone gets hurt again? I don't want that. I'll obey.

"Jane!" Someone yelled. My head shot straight up.

"Yes?" I blinked a few times and stared right into Newt's beaut- Newt's brown eyes.

"You awake?" Newt frowned, like always.

"No. I'm asleep." I joked it off.

Newt sighed. "I don't know if you've noticed, but the bloody gathering is over. Are you okay?"

"Yeah. Just trailed off for a sec." I shrugged but then turned more excited. "Am I a Runner?"

Newt grabbed my arm and pulled me off the chair. "Yes. You're a Runner."

"Really? Yes! Yes! Yes!" I jumped up and down like crazy. Newt stared at me in confusion.

"Thank you, Newt!" Without thinking, I gave the boy a quick hug. He only looked more confused.

"I didn't even-."

"CHUCK!" I yelled and ran out of the Gathering Hut, leaving the poor Newt alone. "Chuck!"

The boy appeared to be outside already since he stood right next to me.

"Chuck! I'm a Runner!" I cheerfully said.

"Yes! You did it!" Chuck turned just as happy. "Want to celebrate?" A grin formed on his face.

"With what?"

"Come on." Chuck grabbed my hand and started running. I followed with a big smile still on my face.

After a while, Chuck stopped running. We arrived behind a hut next to the showers. "Quiet," Chuck whispered as he moved his finger to his lips.

I nodded. "What are we doing?"

"Watch and learn." Chuck grinned as he walked over to a small window. He motioned for me to come too. "There he is." Chuck pointed at Gally, who appeared inside the hut. Gally sat down on a toilet. "Ready?"

Chuck tapped against the window, which made Gally yell and jump off of the toilet.

"Jane!" Chuck grabbed my arm and we started running faster than ever.

"I'M GONNA KILL YOU!" Gally screamed once he rushed out of the toilets.

As casually as possible we sat down across from Newt, so Gally couldn't hurt us. I almost laughed out loud and Chuck too, but we managed to keep our faces straight.. we thought.

I couldn't help to cover my mouth with my hand when I saw Newt's confused face.

"What did you do?" He asked.

I giggled and looked at Chuck, who laughed too. Somehow, and I don't know why, Newt smiled when he saw me smiling.

Damn. His smile is cute. Wait. I can't say that! Newt is not cute. And especially not handsome. None of that! I bet the Grievers are hotter than him. But when he pulled off his shirt... no, no, no. Stop thinking about this, Jesus! But his biceps...

"Jane!" Chuck snapped his fingers in front of my face so I shook out of my thoughts. "Are you gonna listen or keep looking at Newt's chest while you're literally drooling out of your mouth!"

My eyes opened wide and my face turned a deep red. "I wasn't- I was not looking at Newt. And especially not drooling. Never!"

Chuck raised his eyebrows, but turned to Newt again, who had a grin on his face. I mentally palmed my face. Then I noticed Newt's hair was wet, water dripping onto his shirt. He must've had a shower.

Oh my god. He looks so-

"Your hair looks nice like that." I blurted out. Then my face turned even redder. How stupid could I be to just say that?

Newt's cheeks turned red too. "Well, thanks." He smiled lightly. Just then Minho walked over to us, arms crossed so all the veins and muscles were clearly visible.

Holy shuck! Now that's hot. Stop it! I fought with him yesterday! I can't think like this. But how did he not beat me with strong arms like that yesterday? Oh, god. How are they both so-

'Congrats, Shebean." Minho said. His face was blank but I appreciated him for congratulating me. I gave him a small nod, but couldn't take my eyes off his arms.

What is wrong with me? Am I on my period or something? I can't think like this and especially not about BOTH Minho and Newt.

The two voices in my head kept arguing, but I managed to stop looking. "So when will the Box come up again?" I wondered out loud. I had to be distracted.

"It comes up once a month with new supplies and a Greenie. Didn't we explain?" Newt said.

"I guess you didn't." I sighed.

Cut the wires. You have an hour left.

There the voice was again. I had to do something about it.

Okay. On one condition. I said back. It hurt my head to talk back, but it was the only way.

Which is?

Send the Box up earlier. Not with a Greenie, just supplies for me to use. I need them. After that just take the normal pattern again.

The voice got cut off, so I didn't know if it was a yes or no.

"Jane, for klunk's sake listen!" Chuck moved his hand in front of my eyes to draw my attention.

"I'm listening." I blinked a few times and focused on Chuck, who was blurting out all kinds of stuff I didn't even understand until Minho screamed.

"You saw WHAT?" Minho's eyes opened wide.

"What did you say?" I turned to Chuck too.

"See! You're not listening!" Chuck pouted but then started explaining. "I said that I saw you and Newt through the window of Newt's hut. I don't know why the shuck Newt was shirtless, but anyways, that was not the point of what I was saying. I was telling my plan about pranking Newt, which was-"

The rest of what Chuck said didn't matter to me anymore. I didn't know if my face could get redder than it already was, but it did. Newt's face turned red too and Minho's face darkened. He looked at Newt, me, Newt, me again, and repeated it a few times.

Then he stopped and looked at the ground. "I'm going to the Map Room. Need to note some things." He lowered his voice as he got up. Minho walked away without saying anything.

It made me feel bad, though I didn't know why. Then I remembered the task. "I gotta go," I told the two boys. Newt frowned. "I'm not going to Minho." I quickly added once I saw his face.

"But I wasn't done with my story!" Chuck threw his hands in the air.

"Sorry, Chuckie. You can tell me at dinner or tonight, okay? See ya!" I got up and walked toward the kitchen.

"Chuckie? I'm not three!" Chuck yelled after me, but I ignored him.

I hoped badly no one was in the kitchen and to my luck, there wasn't. I did notice Frypan sitting at a table close to the kitchen, so I had to be careful. My eye caught a small device hanging on the wall. That must be it. I opened it and looked at the wires inside, grabbed a knife, and cut them.

My heart started beating faster, but I ignored it. Quickly I put the knife in the same position as before and closed the device. One task was completed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 59.8K 42
โBut now I know that wherever we are, or whatever we're doing, we'll always have each other.โž You woke up in the Maze two years ago with no memories...
10.3K 151 45
She was sent into the maze. But for what reason? She wakes up to see 30 teenage boys surrounding her. She is stuck in the glade with no clue, no memo...
36.7K 1.2K 32
โyou like the girl shank, don't you?โž | going poker-faced, minho stammered, โwhat?โž ~ โœต the new girl finds herself in the glade, but being the only g...
18.3K 335 30
Newt X fem. Reader TW!!!: mentions of self harm, suicidal thoughts and rape/attempted rape All around violence Horrible description of story: You're...