Easy - The Girl who Lived For...

By PaigeMcPherson2023

Everyone knows the story of Lily and James Potter. How they were killed by the most feared dark wizard of the... More

Cast
Prologue [EDITED]
Part 1 - Hazza P and the Chamber so Big it's full of Secrets
Shopping with Scarhead [EDITED]
Truth at Hogwarts [EDITED]
Lessons and News Articles [EDITED]
Halloweenie [EDITED]
Making Amends [EDITED]
GRYFFINDOR v SLYTHERIN [EDITED]
Snake Heirs [EDITED]
Petrification [EDITED]
Going Home [EDITED]
Part 2 - Hazza P and the AWhooAHeeAhhHoeHoeHoe
Updated Cast
Summer 1993 -- 1/2
Summer 1993 - 2/2
🎶We're off to go to Hogwarts. The Wonderful Hogwarts of Witchcraft and Wizardry🎶
GRYFFINDOR vs HUFFLEPUFF
🎁🛷🦌🎅🤶🎄Merry Christmas, Jerks 🎄🤶🎅🦌🛷🎁
Zoom Zoom Broom
Blackmailing- I mean Patronus lessons
GRYFFINDOR vs RAVENCLAW
The Attempted Murder of Roonil Wazlib
GRYFFINDOR vs SLYTHERIN
The Night it Ended [PART 1/3]
The Night it Ended [PART 2/3]
The Night it Ended [PART 3/3]
The Aftermath [UPDATED]
Part 3 - Hazza P and the Competition of Death
Updated Cast
Updated Cast
Dreaming of the Riddle House
A/N (Early Parts Editing) and memes
Generous Invitations
Reunion (The Quidditch World Cup [Part 1])
The Game - (The Quidditch World Cup [Part 2])
The Dark Mark - (Quidditch World Cup [Part 3])
Home and Safe and Shopping
Welcome to Hogwarts
The Adventures of Draco Malfoy the Ferret
The Unforgiveable Curses
Beauxbatons and Durmstrang
The Goblet of Fire
The Emotional Support Stuffed Animal and the Miracle Lawyer
The First Task
FCK THE YULE BALL
We Threw A Rager
The Second Task
The Third Task
Graveyard
War
Sequel

The Flight of the Fat Lady

123 6 0
By PaigeMcPherson2023

A/N - this part switches perspectives a bit, but if at the start of parts it doesn't say whose perspective it will be Peyton's

The next day, what had happened in Lupin's class was fizzing round the school. Fred and George were joking about it, but it was annoying.

Luckily, as soon as people found out about Hogsmeade, my incident was forgotten. Harry didn't get to go, which was karma for him being an insufferable git. 

Halloween rolled around, which was exciting, but was quickly ruined by the twins when a prank went wrong and I was imprisoned in the tower for a week. 

"How much are you willing to bet Fred and George are planning something horrible?" Caridy asked. We were all curled up by the fire. Rebekah and Remus had found a way to let Bridget, Ellarose, Savannah, Ashley, MJ and Luna into the tower. Nobody bothered to ask, the siblings always gave vague unintelligible answers.

"They better not, McGonagall, Pomfrey, Mum and I already yelled at them for causing me to miss the feast. Well that was my concern, theirs was less selfish," I groaned. 

"How come only third-years and older get to go to Hogsmeade?" Nevaeh groaned, tossing a chocolate-covered macadamia into her mouth. 

"You lot could take the secret passage Fred and George used to sneak to Hogsmeade," I suggested, and they all shot up, looking at me. 

"Are you telling me there is a secret passage into Hogsmeade and you are only telling us now!" Savannah exclaimed. I raised an eyebrow.

"Can someone go grab the map? I'm not allowed to move," I sighed. 

Aubrey rolled her eyes before disappearing upstairs, returning a minute later with a piece of parchment clutched in her hand. The map is already unlocked: she must have unlocked it upstairs. The other girls look at the map excitedly. 

"Messrs. Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs. Who are they?" Dove asked. Like her sister, Dove had relaxed herself without her parents around to critique her actions. Nevaeh, Remus and Dove became friends almost immediately, which their older sisters all took credit for. 

"Remus Lupin, Peter Pettigrew, Sirius Black and James Potter," I answered, and my roommates wheeled on me. 

"You said you didn't know who they were!" Matilda gaped.

"Lily Potter wrote about the map and that stuff in one of her many diaries," I held up a red diary. Caridy snatched the book, and I laughed as the red-haired girl flicked through, read the pages. "I put a spell on the book. Only those related to me can read it." 

Caridy froze, and shut the book. Glancing at Ashley, she handed the book back. "That explains it," she chuckled, but it felt forced, empty. 

Dinner came quicker than I'd have liked. The group left, but Matilda and Kella promised to return straight away after collecting food. The others wanted to join, but the two girls insisted on them attending the feast. 

Waiting was annoying. I was sprawled across the couch reading for what felt like an age before the two returned, laden with food. 

We spent the evening gossiping and joking around. The sun had long set, and it was almost eleven.

"Where is everybody?" Kella asked, looking at the closed portrait. Matilda and I shrugged. Kella stood up and walked to the portrait. "I'm going to go find Aubrey and Ginny," Kella opened the portrait door and gasped. 

"What is it?" Matilda asked. We walked over to her, and gasped.

The Fat Lady had vanished from her portrait, which had been slashed so  viciously that strips of canvas littered the floor; great chunks of it  had been torn away completely. 

"Stay here you two. I'll go find Dumbledore. Keep the portrait shut!" Kella said, and ran off. 

Matilda looked at me. "Someone needs to go find the Fat Lady. We need someone to be able to open the portrait door from the inside, don't you dare move," she instructed, before shoving me inside and closing the portrait. 

I ran back to the couch and picked up the map from where we had left it. "I solemly swear that I am up to no good," I tapped it and the ink shimmered to life. Most of the students were in the great hall, along with all the teachers, except for Kella running down hallways, and Matilda who was right outside. 

I whistled for Minerva and she landed on my shoulder. A stray piece of paper sat on a table, and I scribbled Gryffindor Tower on it. "Epistula loquens," I wave my hand and a red envelope folded around the letter. After fastening the Howler to Minerva's foot, I opened the portrait door and my owl flew off.

Aubrey's Point of View

The feast felt emptier without Matilda, Kella and Peyton, but still beautiful. The Great Hall looked amazing, it had been decorated with hundreds and hundreds ofcandle-filled pumpkins, a cloud of fluttering live bats, and manyflaming orange streamers, which were swimming lazily across the stormyceiling like brilliant water snakes.

Kella and Matilda left almost immediately after collecting food. Houses were forgotten, everyone just sat together. Some of Bridget's roommates from Slytherin reluctantly joined us, Freya Lockwood, Nora Parkinson, Millie Mackenzie and Della MacPherson. They weren't horrible, and Freya did a crack-up impression of Filch, and her McGonagall impression had Caridy in stitches.

"Where are the other girls?" Millie asked curiously. 

"Fred and George played a prank on Peyton and now she isn't allowed to leave Gryffindor Tower for a week. Kella and Matilda stayed with her so she wouldn't be alone," Ginny explained. 

"I bet Peyton tried to murder them," Nora chuckled. Everybody nodded. 

"It was very violent," Charlotte nodded.

It seemed weird that we were getting along, but I didn't want to mention it in fear of ruining it. 

The food was to die for! I don't think there was a single person who only had one helping, even the third years stuffed with Hogsmeade treats still managed a second helping or more. 

The feast finished with an entertainment provided by the Hogwartsghosts. They popped out of the walls and tables to do a bit of formationgliding; Nearly Headless Nick, the Gryffindor ghost, had a great successwith a reenactment of his own botched beheading.

We were about to part ways and head to our dormitories when Peyton's owl Minerva flew in with a red envelope in her mouth, landing in front of me and Ginny. We exchanged a weird look of confusion, and I opened the envelope cautiously. 

Peyton's voice boomed over everyone else's, saying two words: "Gryffindor Tower." I looked at Ginny, and we burst out of our seats, running out of the hall quickly. I felt people moving behind me, and I spun round a corner, running into Kella. 

"What happened?" Ginny asked. Kella panted heavily, her face was red from sprinting.

"The fat lady, she's gone," she told us when she could breath. There were gasps from behind us, but I didn't bother to look back, and ran up the stairs. Matilda was standing in front of the entrance to Gryffindor Tower, looking round at all of the portraits. 

"What are you looking for?" I asked when I reached her. 

"The Fat Lady," Matilda replied. I move the girl and gasp. The Fat Lady was nowhere on her portrait, which had been slashed viciously, strips of the canvas on the floor. If I didn't know what it was supposed to be I never would've guessed it was her portrait.

Dumbledore pushed past me, practically the whole student body trying to get a look. McGonagall was right behind him, along with Lupin and Snape.

"We need to find her," Dumbledore said. "Professor McGonagall, please goto Mr. Filch at once and tell him to search every painting in the castlefor the Fat Lady." 

"You'll be lucky!" a familiar voice cackled. 

It was Peeves, bobbing over the crowd and lookingdelighted, as he always did, at the sight of wreckage or worry. 

"What do you mean, Peeves?" Dumbledore said calmly, and Peeves' grinfaded a little. He didn't dare taunt Dumbledore. 

Instead he adopted anoily voice that was no better than his cackle. "Ashamed, Your Headship,sit. Doesn't want to be seen. She's a horrible mess. Saw her runningthrough the landscape up on the fourth floor, sir, dodging between thetrees. Crying something dreadful," he said happily. "Poor thing," headded unconvincingly. 

"Did she say who did it?" said Dumbledore quietly. 

"Oh yes, Professorhead," Peeves smirked, with the air of one cradling a large bombshell in his arms. "He got very angry when she wouldn't lethim in, you see." Peeves flipped over and grinned at Dumbledore frombetween his own legs. "Nasty temper he's got, that Sirius Black."

The portrait door swung open, startling me. I turned to see Peyton grinning at us. "I timed that perfectly," she commented, and I laughed despite myself. She knew the exact thing to say to brighten the mood.

Professor Dumbledore sent all the students back to the Great Hall. "The teachers and I need to conduct a thorough search of the castle,"he told them as Professors McGonagall and Flitwickclosed all doors into the hall. "I'm afraid that, for your own safety,you will have to spend the night here. I want the prefects to standguard over the entrances to the hall and I am leaving the Head Boy andGirl in charge. Any disturbance should be reported to me immediately,"he added to Percy, who was looking immensely proud and important. "Sendword with one of the ghosts."Professor Dumbledore paused, about to leave the hall, and said, "Oh,yes, you'll be needing..." 

One casual wave of his wand and the long tables flew to the edges of thehall and stood themselves against the walls; another wave, and the floorwas covered with hundreds of squashy purple sleeping bags."Sleep well," said Professor Dumbledore, closing the door behind him. 

The hall immediately began to buzz excitedly."Everyone into their sleeping bags!" shouted Percy. "Come on, now, nomore talking! Lights out in ten minutes!"

We all gathered around the middle, Peyton enjoying the attention. She for once wasn't bothered by the questions, too happy being allowed to leave the tower. Our big group: consisted of Peyton, Ginny, Kella, Candace, Matilda, Caridy, Rebekah, MJ, Ashley, Ellarose, Charlotte, Savannah, Bridget, Dove, Remus, Nevaeh, Freya, Nora, Millie, Della, Luna, Nina, Luna and MJ's roommates Prada Devantier, Maye Campbell and Kya Worsely, and Ellarose, Ashley and Savannah's roommates Marella Jones and Kiara Drinkwater. We all chose sleeping bags close to each other, and Peyton, Kella and Matilda were relaying what happened. 

I nudged Ginny. "Do you think he was going after Scabbers?" I asked. Ginny nodded.

"It was the one night when nobody would be in the tower, it makes sense. If it wasn't for Peyton, Kella and Matilda, I don't know what would've happened," Ginny sighed.

"The lights are going out now!" Ginny's older brother Percy shouted. "I want everyone in theirsleeping bags and no more talking!" 

The candles all went out at once, and I settled in my sleeping bag. The only light now came from thesilvery ghosts, who were drifting about talking seriously to theprefects, and the enchanted ceiling, which, like the sky outside, was scattered with stars. What with that, and the whispering that stillfilled the hall, it felt as though we were sleeping outdoors in alight wind. 

As cozy as it was, I didn't manage to sleep for hours. Once every hour, a teacher would reappear in the hall to check thateverything was quiet. Around three in the morning, when many studentshad finally fallen asleep, Professor Dumbledore came in. He looked around for Percy, who had been prowling between the sleepingbags, telling people off for talking. Percy was only a short way awayfrom us, and I quickly pretended to be asleep asDumbledore's footsteps drew nearer. 

"Any sign of him, Professor?" asked Percy in a whisper. 

"No. All well here?""Everything under control, sir." 

"Good. There's no point moving them all now. I've found a temporaryguardian for the Gryffindor portrait hole. You'll be able to move themback in tomorrow."

"And the Fat Lady, sir?" 

"Hiding in a map of Argyllshire on the second floor. Apparently sherefused to let Black in without the password, so he attacked. She'sstill very distressed, but once she's calmed down, I'll have Mr. Filchrestore her."The door of the hall creak open again, and more footsteps. 

"Headmaster?" It was Snape. "Thewhole of the third floor has been searched. He's not there. And Filchhas done the dungeons; nothing there either." 

"What about the Astronomy tower? Professor Trelawney's room? TheOwlery?" 

"All searched."

"Very well, Severus. I didn't really expect Black to linger." 

"Have you any theory as to how he got in, Professor?" asked Snape. 

I frowned, wincing slightly. I opened my eyes slightly. Snape looked angry, Percy looked like he was memorizing every word coming out of Dumbledore's mouth. Dumbledore's back was to me. "Many, Severus, each of them as unlikely as the next." 

"You remember the conversation we had, Headmaster, just before -- ah --the start of term?" said Snape, who was barely opening his lips, asthough trying to block Percy out of the conversation. 

"I do, Severus," said Dumbledore, and there was something like warningin his voice. 

"It seems -- almost impossible -- that Black could have entered theschool without inside help. I did express my concerns whet, youappointed --" 

"I do not believe a single person inside this castle would have helpedBlack enter it," said Dumbledore, and his tone made it so clear that thesubject was closed that Snape didn't reply. 

"I must go down to thedementors," said Dumbledore. "I said I would inform them when our searchwas complete." 

"Didn't they want to help, sit?" said Percy. 

"Oh yes," said Dumbledore coldly. "But I'm afraid no dementor will crossthe threshold of this castle while I am headmaster." 

Percy looked slightly abashed. Dumbledore left the hall, walking quicklyand quietly. Snape stood for a moment, watching the headmaster with anexpression of deep resentment on his face; then he too left. 

I turned slightly to see Ginny and Nevaeh's wide eyes staring back at us. What was that about?

Peyton's POV

The school talked of nothing but Sirius Black for the next few days. Thetheories about how he had entered the castle became wilder and wilder;Hannah Abbott, from Hufflepuff, spent much of their next Herbology classtelling anyone who'd listen that Black could turn into a floweringshrub. 

The Fat Lady's ripped canvas had been taken off the wall and replaced with the portrait of Sir Cadogan and his fat gray pony. 

Nobodywas very happy about this. Sir Cadogan spent half his time challengingpeople to duels, and the rest thinking up ridiculously complicatedpasswords, which he changed at least twice a day. 

"He's a complete lunatic," said Seamus Finnigan angrily to Percy. "Can'twe get anyone else?" 

"None of the other pictures wanted the job," said Percy. "Frightened ofwhat happened to the Fat Lady. Sir Cadogan was the only one brave enoughto volunteer." 

Sir Cadogan, however, was the least of my worries. Harry and I was now beingclosely watched. Teachers found excuses to walk along corridors withme, and Percy (acting I thought on Mum's orders)was tailing Harry everywhere like an extremely pompous guard dog, while Fred and George took any opportunity to hang out with me. Ginny told me Mum had told them she'd lessen their punishments for me being trapped in Gryffindor Tower. 

To capit all, McGonagall summoned Harry and I into her office, with such asomber expression on her face I thought someone must have died."There's no point hiding it from you any longer, Potters," she said in avery serious voice. "I know this will come as a shock to you, but SiriusBlack --" 

"I know he's after me," said Harry wearily, and I scoffed. "I heard Ron's dad tellinghis mum. Mr. Weasley works for the Ministry of Magic." 

McGonagall seemed very taken aback. She stared at Harry for amoment or two, then said, "I see! Well, in that case, Potter, you'llunderstand why I don't think it's a good idea for you to be practicing Quidditch in the evenings. Out on the field with only your team members,it's very exposed, Potter --" 

"We've got our first match on Saturday!" said Harry, outraged, and I snickered. "I've gotto train, Professor!" 

McGonagall considered him intently. "Hmm..." McGonagall stood up and stared out of the window atthe Quidditch field, just visible through the rain. "Well... goodnessknows, I'd like to see us win the Cup at last... but all the same,Potter... I'd be happier if a teacher were present. I'll ask Madam Hoochto oversee your training sessions." 

I laughed. "Shame, you have a chaperone," I told him. 

McGonagall turned to me. "Try to stay out of trouble, Potter. That goes for both of you."

The weather worsened steadily as the first Quidditch match drew nearer. Draco Malfoy had gotten injured in his Care of Magical Creatures class, and had used it to get Slytherin out of the game, replacing with Hufflepuff. 

And the full moon meant Lupin was away for the first game and a few days during the week. Sadly, that meant Snape got to relief for his Defense Against the Dark Arts. And that meant that he took the opportunity to teach us about -

"Werewolves," said Snape, flicking to the very back chapter in the textbook. "Turn to page 394." He glanced around again. "All of you! Now!" 

I smirked at the other girls, opening my book to the page.

"Which of you can tell me how we distinguish between the werewolf andthe true wolf?" said Snape. 

I raised my hand. "Anyone?" Snape said, ignoring me. His twisted smile was back."Are you telling me that Professor Lupin hasn't even taught you thebasic distinction between --" 

Almost everyone in my friend group suddenly raised their hands, and Snape's lip curled before he called on Matilda, who's hand was in her lap.

"Thewerewolf differs from the true wolf in several small ways. The snout ofthe werewolf is shorter, their eyes are more human like, they have a tufted tail, and they are more focused in their mindless hunting of humans and thus have more sadistic tendencies whilst in wolf form," Matilda recited, and I smirked. 

Snape looked pissed, and moved on. We sat and madenotes on werewolves from the textbook, while Snape prowled up and downthe rows of desks, examining the work we had been doing with Lupin. When the bell rang at last, Snape held us back. 

"You will each write an essay, to be handed in to me, on the ways yourecognize and kill werewolves. I want two rolls of parchment or, thesubject, and I want them by Monday morning. It is time somebody tookthis class in hand," Snape instructed.

The class shuffled out silently, and waited until about two hallways away from the man before everyone started complaining about Snape and applauding Matilda annoying him. 

"Don't worry, I'll do the work," I told them. 

"Who are you talking about?" Nora asked. 

"All of you. I am way ahead with my homework and I am quite good at copying others writing. Don't worry, I'll phrase it differently for everyone," I shrugged. 

The Slytherins seemed pleased with this, as did the Gryffindors. "Are you sure?" Cal Gillies from Gryffindor asked.

"It'll be more entertaining than the Quidditch match," I shrugged.

Finally got another perspective. 

Sorry I haven't updated, this part took me a couple of days since I finally got a job and are also working on other stories, as well as planning for this. 

And my friend FINALLY read All The Young Dudes, which I am super happy about. She said she regretted not reading it sooner, so go check it out! If you like Wolfstar, you will love it, and even if you don't you'll still love it. This is your queue to fall in love with the Marauders!

This story will also be using All The Young Dudes at some point, in Section 3. I have split this story into 3 Sections, Section 1 - The Harry Potter books timeline, Section 2 - [REDACTED] and Section 3 - [REDACTED] 

Section 1 will have 6 parts, using Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Hazza P & the Chamber so big it's full of secrets), Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Hazza P & the AWhooAHeeAhhHoeHoeHoe), Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, (Hazza P & the DIDDDYYAPUHTYAWWNAYMEINDAGOH), Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Hazza P & the Ultimate Pink Toad Destruction), Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (Hazza P & the Swan Dive of Cinematic Presence), and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Hazza P & the Everything going to Shit). 

(I didn't come up with 5/6 names, so credit to Chanwills0 for her creativity)

Section 2 will have 4 parts, and I won't reveal the names (Spoilers) I haven't got a clue about Section 3.

It is very long, I haven't even finished planning all of the parts yet and are up to 63 chapters, with time skips. I have to do that as well, so updates might not be regular. Also to be easier, with the 3 different sections should I put them in different books? I thought about that but I wanted to keep the flow

https://archiveofourown.org/works/10057010/chapters/22409387 

Or go onto Archive of Our Own and search up MsKingBean89, click on All The Young Dudes, and then proceed. Hope you enjoy👋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

195K 4.3K 80
𝓐𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡 𝙬𝙝𝙤'𝙨 𝙗𝙧𝙤𝙠𝙚𝙣 𝙩𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙨 𝙩𝙤 𝙛𝙞𝙭 𝙖 𝙗𝙤𝙮 𝙬𝙝𝙤 𝙗𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙠𝙨 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣 ...
1.5K 89 39
Five years ago, an expulsion had taken place at Hogwarts. It was the first one ordered for in over a century. Unimaginable horrors had taken place wi...
61.3K 2K 45
When life is constantly changing with a raging war destroying your world, being a teenager doesn't seem as important as fighting for your loved ones...
25.6K 789 41
"You know what happens when stars collide? They make a black hole. That's us. And we will suck everyone into nothingness until there is nothing left...