simply in love (jenlisa)

By mandunini_

a story of two people in love. nothing extraordinary, just lisa and jennie being simply in love with each oth... More

prologue
1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23

3

1.1K 73 7
By mandunini_

"I miss you," she said when she surprisingly showed up one morning at the corner of my street, after 3 days of not seeing each other.

"Good morning to you too," I giggled when she smooched my cheeks with kisses.

I held her face to steady her, looking around to make sure no one is there, before aiming for her lips.

She hums in delight, smiling with her lips still pressed on mine. "Mornings like this are the best," she says, tickling my lips as she murmured.

"And this morning is out of ordinary," I pulled away, looking at her. "Not that I don't want it, but why are you here again? And this early?"

"You make it sound like it's weird to see each other a lot," she pouts.

"Isn't it?"

"I hate you sometimes," she snorts, pulling me once again to kiss my lips, which I only indulged in for a few seconds.

"Oh no, is Ms. Manoban getting addicted to my kiss?"

"Always had been," she grinned, taking a step back to open her car door for me. "Come in, Jisoo gave you permission to be late at work."

"What? You can't do that!"

"But she did," she smirks. "Let's just say I owe her some drinks. All worth it if I can have breakfast with you."

"You are being so romantic lately, and always in my area, should I be worried?"

I said that as a joke but something flashed in her eyes.

She probably saw the worry on my face after seeing her like that.

"I'll just miss you," she sighs. "We extended our business trip in Japan to three weeks."

My silly heart dropped, as if seeing Lisa more often these days made me vulnerable to going crazy if I won't see her even for just a week.

"Oh," I tried not to frown, "When do you leave?"

"Tomorrow night."

Now, I frowned. But it's okay, at least I'll see her again sooner than if she leaves on a later date.

"With who?"

Her long pause gave it away.

"With Bogum and Rosé," she said quietly. She looked guilty.

Which made me feel guilty for making her feel this way. It's work, she's a professional.

"Well, it's not like you'll share a room right?" I let out a forced laugh.

"Yeah... not exactly. I think my secretary booked an adjoining room for us, Bogum on a separate hotel room."

"Oh, that's fine then. Understandable," I nod, making her sigh in relief. I plastered a small smile on my face, "Don't worry about me. I know you'll be thinking at me before you close your eyes or with your eyes closed while you work... on something."

I kept my grin on my face, her mouth zeroed with what I just said.

"Jennie Kim, you..." she gasps.

I just laughed, getting in her car and closing it before I hear more from her. With my hands on my cheeks, I tried to stop myself from feeling embarrassed. I tried not to be ashamed either. She's my girlfriend, surely we can say those stuff now. Specially when she said it first.

When she entered her car, still with a dopey smile on, she let out a sigh while looking at me.

"I will work really hard for you," she leans on me, one hand on her car compartment, the other on the back of my seat. "And deal with you when I come back. Tease."

I giggled when she attacked my face with kisses, our cute little moment turning into a little something more when I wrapped my arms on her shoulders and pushed her head down for a heated kiss.

I want to give her something to remember while she's away. Something that will make her want to come back early, wanting for more.

-

From Lisa: cant wait to be back.

I grinned. She just left yesterday night but she's already being chatty.

To Lisa: focus on work and behave yourself there :P

From Lisa: you behave yourself there too! everyone wants what i have dammit :(

I feel like a fool, grinning at my phone.

To Lisa: don't think so. I mean, girls don't seem to like me that much which is a pity

From Lisa: yes they do. only those whose boyfriends like you don't

To Lisa: whatever Lisa. Focus on work now, I need to work too

From Lisa: call later?

To Lisa: sure. Take care ❤️

From Lisa: oooh is that a heart right there?

To Lisa: I'm so proud of u for knowing shapes

From Lisa: talk to you later, miss genius ❤️

"They said that distance makes the heart go fonder," Jisoo's voice startled me.

She's leaning her elbow on the glass counter, her cheek on her palm while watching me closely with a grin.

"God, Jisoo!"

"Exactly."

I glared at her. "Arms off the counter, please."

"I own this," she protests but follows me anyway.

This one's really a kid sometimes.

"Yeah, I'm afraid I would have to fire you if you keep doing that," I joke, since it's just us around.

Jisoo rolled her eyes then excitedly bounced next to me. "I'm hiring a guy."

I did a double take on her. "And you look so excited because..."

"Because he's really handsome!"

I facepalmed. "Please tell me his looks aren't your basis for his qualification."

She blew her bangs up in mock offense, "Of course not! I made sure he's single too!"

"Kim Jisoo!"

That bratty friend of mine chuckled. "Chill Jen, he's got experience selling stuff for stores and he's got pleasing personality. And I just happened to be very pleased."

"I can't with you," I sighed. Anyway, Jisoo may be weird sometimes but she's a good businesswoman. She manages her businesses pretty well.

"Be nice to him, okay? Teach him everything, train him very well and—"

"I'm training him?" I raised a brow.

"Yes, little miss assistant manager. He will be under your supervision."

My jaw fell. Jisoo's grinning at me maniacally.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm promoting you and don't you dare think it's because we're friends. Jen, you basically managed this store like it's your own child—"

I screamed and jumped and hugged her, "Sooyah I know! I deserved this!"

She laughed and we jumped around together.

When we stopped to take a breath, she was grinning with her hand still on her still heavily rising and falling chest. "So... where are you treating me later?"

When I only looked at her, she gave me a pointed look. "We are going to celebrate and drink a lot 'til we pass out. Won't be accepting no for an answer."

I shook my head. "It's a Thursday Chu and besides, Lisa will call me tonight. Let's just do it tomorrow night."

She huffed. "Fine, fine. I almost forgot how whipped you are for that girl. And tomorrow, Andrew comes to work so be good to him but don't be too nice. You already have your Lisa, who owes me the most expensive drink in her fridge by the way."

I gasped. "Chu!"

And just like that, her grin was back again. "It was a great deal. I let her have you for some time and in return she gave me her precious scotch. Fair enough, eh?"

"You're insufferable."

She narrows her eyes at me, a teasing smirk on her lips. "Seems like sexual tension has finally entered your relationship. Now I need the details, did you two..."

"Chu," I said in a warning tone, my face suddenly very hot.

"What? I'd be more disappointed if you still haven't—" she sighed after studying my facial expression, her shoulders falling, "Okay, so you still haven't. What the hell? I don't get it. Lisa is damn hot and so are you, I mean don't you take a photo to see that you two make a hot couple?"

"Okay, stop," I bit my lip, "She's fine with me taking my time, okay?"

"Seriously? Did you two even make it to second base?"

"I will stop talking to you now," I quickly turned around, hiding my embarrassed face.

She groaned. "I'm losing respect to Lisa now. I've heard great things about her—"

"Like what?" I looked at her over my shoulder.

They were schoolmates so Jisoo knew of her even before Lisa and I dated.

Her eyes widened. "I, uh, heard she's pretty sweet and charming. I told you she was popular to both girls and boys."

I faced her. "And I'm pretty sure you were talking about something else?"

She took a second to ponder, but then she just shrugged. "Whatever you think it was, you're probably right. Just ask her. Or better yet, ask for a demonstration," she grins, tapping my shoulder. "I'll leave you to your imagination now. Dad wants me home to talk about his new project that I was refusing to take over."

I just let out a deep breath. She'll never change, that kid.

-

I yawned, looking at the clock. It's almost past 12 midnight and Lisa still hasn't replied or called back. Her phone was just ringing.

That girl is so workaholic I wouldn't be surprised if she's still up working.

So I just messaged her goodnight and not to overwork herself.

When I didn't hear from her until
one in the morning, I decided to sleep already.

And when I woke up the next day, still nothing.

I grumpily got ready for work, putting on my vest over my white blouse. I looked at my gray skirt over the mirror and sighed. Next to Lisa, I always look boring. She wears all these sort of colors of business suits and dresses, while I'm stuck on this uniform.

Not that I'm complaining. This job is providing for my family.

Grunting, I took out my umbrella when I was about to step out and realized it's pouring outside.

I walked under the heavy rain, shivering. I have no choice since I'm gonna be late.

Lisa have two cars so she could go to work at ease. She hates commuting, but likes to walk around with me just to stroll around.

I cussed as I was running to the store's roof when I stepped over a puddle of water and my shoes and even skirt got splashed with water.

"Stupid rain," I frowned, hating the soaked feeling on my feet. I gathered my bag to get the store keys when I yelped realizing someone is beside me, coming from the very narrow alley beside the store with a cigar on one hand and in a black shirt.

I was about to shout for our security, Chief Dongwook is probably just around when— "You must be Jennie."

He quickly threw his cigarette on the ground and stepped on it, smiling at me with a hand out for me to take. "I'm Andrew. Andrew Park, your new hire."

I tilted my head to the side, looking at his figure. Black shirt, black pants and a smoker. His jaw is covered with stubbles.

I took his hand gently, trying to be polite then quickly let him go.

"English name? Half Korean, maybe?"

"Yeah," he quirks a smile, "Same with you, Jen?"

I raised a brow at the nickname but said nothing.

"No, I'm fully Korean."

Koreans don't grow facial hair like that all over the jaw. It's obvious he's got western blood. He's tall and with a sharp jaw.

I quickly turned my back on him to open the store. I get why Jisoo liked him, he's good looking. He looks like that western superhero or something.

"Oh, Ms. Kim! Let me open that for you," our security, Mr. Lee Dongwook suddenly arrives, bringing down his umbrella. "Crazy weather today, isn't it?"

"Really crazy," Andrew answers before I did, making our security look at him in confusion.

"That's Andrew Park, our new sales guy."

-

I didn't get a response from Lisa all day, so I decided to just focus on work. Jisoo also came by, of course, to welcome Andrew. She and Nayeon looked so happy to welcome him, even giggling together. Goodness.

He's actually goofy, I get now that he's an experienced sales man with the way he charmed some customers right after teaching him stuff about what we sell here.

Andrew definitely knows how to persuade women to buy jewelries that suits their pretty face, or hands.

"I'm sure your boyfriend would love it on you," he grins at the female customer, probably in her early 30s, checking out an expensive necklace.

He was just given his uniform, which is actually just slacks and a long sleeves shirt. Except he kept his jeans on and I don't know why Jisoo just let him. Anyway, at least he looked neater now.

"Oh, I don't have a boyfriend," she smiles, as if giving him a message.

"Then this necklace will probably attract the right one," he winks.

I looked at Jisoo, expecting to see a disappointed look because he shouldn't be flirting with customers, but as expected she was just smiling while watching him. Even Nayeon.

I wonder if Bambam and Jackson would like him too.

"Okay, I'll have this one," the girl says with finality, making Andrew's grin even wider.

My jaw dropped. I didn't really expect her to buy that expensive necklace.

"I told you he's good," Jisoo grinned proudly. "Should we invite him on our night out?"

"You are having a night out without me?!" Nayeon shrieks, looking very much betrayed.

And that's how the four of us made it to the bar a few hours later.

"Stop making it so obvious that you're obsessed with Lisa," Jisoo says right when Andrew excused himself to the rest room.

"Just drink it up girl," Nayeon says, her face beet red already. "Jisoo is the only rich person I know who isn't a slave of work."

"I know how to balance my life," Jisoo smirked proudly.

"More like you don't work," I deadpanned.

I don't know how I managed to not look at my phone for the rest of the night, but I know that even when I got home and a little out of my mind from the alcohol, I was still frowning at her silence from the other end.

I wonder if I'll ever get tired of waiting.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

577K 22.2K 40
A cliché love story where the popular jock falls in love with the shy girl. Starring a straightforward Lisa and a socially awkward Jennie Kim. Ft. A...
319K 6.8K 30
"Do it or you won't meet each other again!" "Let's just do it, I can't bare the thoughts of losing you." Lalisa Manoban and Jennie Kim, two best frie...
18.7K 1K 49
Lisa's life changes in a day where she meets a woman not in a very pleasing situation. She doesn't know what will happen afterwards, and for the firs...
185K 1.5K 20
-COMPLETE- A STORY WHERE JENNIE KIM AND LALISA MANOBAN HAS AN INTIMATE RELATIONSHIP BUT KEPT IT FROM THEIR PARENTS AND USES THE TERM "PROJECT" JUST T...