Poisoned Game

By PeytonHazzard

Delilah Quinn Daughter of one of the worlds best authors and adoptive daughter of one of the most powerful B... More

CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY

CHAPTER NINE

1.7K 46 8
By PeytonHazzard

— Delilah Quinn—

  "I have nothing to say to you, nor will I say it." Rosalie says before she tries to make an exit.

I stopped her and I tilted my head. Even if she tried to make a run for it, she couldn't go far. I had the keys and the door was locked. Only way out was through the window but it would take a lot to get out in one shot.

  "Who are you working for?" I asked her at once.

  "Just leave me alone, Quinn. Why don't you go and bother your boyfriend." She says as she tries to push past me.

I turn around just as she did and I push her back against the door as I hold her still. She groaned and I immediately let her go.

  "I'm sorry, did I hurt you?" I asked worriedly,

She rolled her eyes and pushed herself up from the door.

  "You aren't cut out for this. You need to leave while you can. Oliver isn't who you want to stand by." She says as she takes a step closer towering over me.

  "What did..." My voice closes in my throat, "What did he do to you? Why are you putting yourself in danger?" I asked,

  "I could ask you the same question. You're putting yourself under the risk and you could risk so much but you choose to be dumb and you choose to play the game."

At every word, she stepped forward. I felt closed and I felt like the oxygen was hard to breathe in.

  "The game chose me. I didn't choose it." I assured her,

  "Is that so?" She asked tilting her head and stopping when my hands and back meet the presence of the wall.

The school bell rang and I finally let out a breath. She just stared at me. Her eyes moving up and down; examining every feature of me.

  "You need to pack your bags and leave. Leave before it gets messy before I'm on that field, I won't even recognize who I am."

  "What do you want?" I asked her,

There had to be some reason for her to be doing all of this. She had to have a motive.

Growing up she wasn't like this at all. I could say that maybe it was because of her father's death but he died when she was a couple months old.

Something recently affected her and I needed to know before she got out of hand and put herself in danger that she doesn't need.

  "I want you to get the hell out of here. Do something with your life, Gateway isn't the place for you."

  "We barely know each other; considering how you shut me out, and you want me to believe a word you say?" I snorted, "Well, aren't you cute."

  "I'm glad you think so. Let's just hope there's no strings attached to that." She leaned against the wall.

It was weird seeing her like this. The head tilts, the smirks, the grinning, the leaning against the wall.

This all made me feel things. Unholy things and I told myself that I was just going to go for Joshua.

I told Alona that things weren't going to be good with Rosalie and I, and I meant that.

Going back on my words would make me a liar and untrustworthy but seeing her leaned against the wall like this. I couldn't help myself.

My eyes drifted away from her. I couldn't do the whole eye contact thing. It wasn't going to work out for me.

  "Just stay away from Oliver. I'm warning you."

I watched as she walked out of the bathroom and I sighed.

-

Later that night I found out that we had a closer mission than friday. That mission being at a bar and being to find a man named Michael.

Convincing my mothers to let me stay out this long was the hardest part of this all. My mind wouldn't let me settle for the fact that I would probably have to kill someone tonight. I was just hoping that staying out past 12 was going to be the most I needed to worry about.

Well, that was until I caught Rosalie across the room of the bar. What the hell was she doing here? I tried to maintain my task but it was hard with her here.

  "Rosalie should distract the owner on the bar and Autumn and Alona should go look for Michael's mistress and sister. You'll find find out as much information about their relation to the BMMC as possible and Oj and I will find the files." Lucas assured.

We all nodded before walking off and going to do what we needed. As far as I knew, my part of this was easy. The guys seemed to love me. I was about to find out much about this bar and even where the drugs system ran through this place.

  "Why don't you take a shot on the house?" The man asked me as I made direct eye contact with Rosalie.

She slowly walked up to the group as she joined us. What the hell was she doing here? She was going to blow my cover and everything would be ruined.

  "A lemon to the mouth?" the guy asked

I grinned before taking the lemon from the cup and biting down on the corner. I then held it out for him to bite down on the other half.

He grinned and leaned closer to do so but Rosalie seemed to get irritated. She pushed him back before ripping the lemon from my mouth and throwing it on the floor.

I gave her a challenging look before she clenched her jaw.

  "What the hell is your problem? Do I have to get you removed from here?" The guy asked,

  "You could try." She gritted through her teeth as she stepped up to him.

I looked around to see that there was security at every door. That meant she was either going to leave safely; or she was going to get killed because of that mouth she had on her.

Being killed seemed like her best bet. I glanced over at Alona for help but she seemed to be too busy teaching Autumn how to play pool.

I shook my head before wrapping my fingers around her chain and pulling her closer to me.

  "Why don't you guys order another round and give us girls a second." I said in a more bold and appealing voice.

They looked away from Rosalie and then towards me before nodding and smiling.

My fingers stayed hooked around her necklace before I pulled at it and walked away from them. She made sure to follow along and at the right pace or else her necklace was going to be in pieces.

My feet stopped in front of an empty table before I leaned against it. My head tilted with a grin on my lips trying to remain in character. All this acting bold thing was a lot to handle. Especially when that's not who I am. But I did manage a good amount of it.

  "What the hell are you doing?" I gritted through my teeth,

  "I'm saving you from doing the dumbest thing you could possibly do. Going out there and entertaining them... they're going to think you want them in ways that you can't even think of." She spat out angrily.

  "I can handle myself, I'm a big girl. You just stick to working against Oliver. Let's see where that gets you."

I was about to walk off but she stopped me once again as she held a grip on my arm. I wanted to push her off and go and do what I had to do but then again, there was something here that was making me want to stay. Like a feeling in me telling me that staying here with her was my best option.

  "Quinn, I'm asking you nicely to stay here and let grown folks handle business." she warned,

I scoffed before pushing her hands off of me. Grown folks business? She had to be out of her mind. Way out of her mind if she thought I was going to let her talk to me like this. What an idiot she was.

My body turned as I was going to make my way back over towards the group of guys but I felt the lightness of my body and a strong grip holding onto me. One minute I found myself standing on the ground of the floor and then next I was leaning on the shoulders of Rosalie.

She was carrying me on her shoulder towards the exit. I tried to kick and scream but the noise in this place was too loud for anyone to care.

After a while of trying to break through, I got tired of it. She brought me back to the car Alona, Autumn and I arrived in and she put me in the back seat. She then got into the front as she locked the door.

  "If I get into trouble then I would-"

  "You would what? I haven't hit the gym in months and I was able to carry you out of that bar without ease. Imagine what those guys would have done to you when they convinced you to drink. I wasn't going to allow that."

  "Rosalie, Don't hate me for saying this but you're not a very good person. I wouldn't be surprised if you did allow that to happen to me." I admitted dryly,

She glanced over her shoulder but she didn't say anything. She just kept quiet. She then pulled out her phone and she started texting something before shutting her phone back off.

  "My friends are in there. How am I going to complete the mission or whatever the hell this is, if I'm held hostage in a car."

  "Lucas will handle it. He knows what to do." 

I rolled my eyes before climbing into the front of the car.

She was about to stop me but I moved her hand from being in my way. Stopping me from a mission was one thing but making it so that I couldn't even have freedom of movement, who the hell did she think she was?

When I got into the passenger seat I crossed my arms. She only rolled her eyes to show that she didn't care. She had to care enough for her to go through all this trouble.

I just still didn't know why. Or at least not just yet.

We sat in a comfortable silence before we saw a couple of suspicious cars start to show up. My plan was to get out but the doors were still locked.

What type of car was this? I couldn't even unlock it from the front seat?

  "What if they're in danger? Those guys look sketchy." I pointed it out to her.

  "They'll be fine. Just be cool."

I wanted to listen to her words but I couldn't. I found myself staring at them so long that they caught me in the act.

Their eyes caught mine and they seemed to be having a conversation about us now. Rosalie must have noticed my worry because she looked in the direction of the men.

She pinched the bridge of her nose before sitting back.

  "They can't see you if that's what you're thinking. But they're suspicious of the car, that means they'll be checking it out soon. We need to think fast." She assured me,

"Well, we can't just leave. That'll beat the whole purpose of this mission. If Oliver was going to assign you the job as CEO, he should have trained you or something."

I tuned her voice out as I saw more and more people start to arrive. This meant one or two things.

One, they were about to start a fight in the bar, or two they were about to start a fight in the bar and they were masked murders. Maybe one of them was Michael. The reason we were here.

  "There's more of them. I think one of them is going to check this car." I said panicking.

  "We need to come up with something."

And then it dawned on me. Alona's whole mission was to get Rosalie and I together. Maybe that could just play a part in this situation.

  "I have an idea. But it might be dumb." I pointed it out to her.

  "Well, we are about to die in the matter of 20 seconds so I don't think any idea is a bad idea right about now." She practically growled at me.

Without thinking more of it, I climbed over towards the other side of the car and I swung my leg over her as I found myself straddling her. Her eyes widened as my face heated from embarrassment.

This wasn't what it looked like. We just needed a cover story and in this position, I had the best idea for when the time came. I just needed Rosalie to go along with it.

  "I don't know if you know, but I'm married." She crossed her arms as she blocked a way for me to even get any closer to her.

We both looked out of the window and we watched as the guys started to make their way to the car. They then started to yell and she flinched a bit.

  "Listen, just pretend I'm Emily and I'll pretend like you're joshua. This doesn't even have to count as anything, this is only for the sake of the mission, and-"

Without a second later I felt her lips brutally touch mine. I winced at the pain of our lips pressed against each other. Considering the noise I just made, she probably thought it was an intentional moan, but it wasn't. 

Her soft and warm hand met the curls of my hair as her other met my hip as she seemed to lean more into this fake kiss. I had never done this before so I didn't know if it was okay to do anything farther but my hips had a mind of its own when they rolled uncontrollably.

She yanked at my hair a little with her lips pulling at my bottom one. The grip on my hair made her able to control the way my head moved so she pulled back more to the point she broke the kiss; only to kiss down my chin and then lead to my neck.

I closed my eyes shut as I felt the warm embrace of her lips on my neck as they moved in a pattern leaving bruised marks all over my skin.

With my eyes peaked up a little I could see one of the guys look into the car as my heart seemed to fasten. I made sure to make it look like we were just parked outside of a club because of...well, whatever the hell Rosalie and I were doing.

After a while, he seemed to buy it. He leaned back and he signaled something to one of the other guys before walking away from the car. At least he wasn't a dirty scumbag that would stay and watch. I gave him props for that.

I pulled back from Rosalie's hold as her lips seemed to be covered in lip gloss. I was about to tell her that our mission was successfully done but before I could even come up with the words, she cupped my face with one hand and she leaned back in as our lips met once again.

This time more hungrily than the last. More soft and slow. I hummed as I found myself kissing her back. It was a little surprising but I couldn't find myself to stop.

  "Delilah..." She moaned into my mouth when I pulled her bottom lip.

A part of me was taken back by the choice of name. I mean, she's never called me by my first name in her entire life and now here she is. But that wasn't on my mind to say the least. I was actually thinking about the taste of the lemon from my mouth. I sure as hell could still taste it. What if she could? What if it was too sour for her?

I pulled away as her lips chased after mine. Her fingers stayed at my hips and even raised up a bit as my lips left hers. She was so needy.

  "Fuck." She muttered before leaning her forehead against mine.

  "Yeah, I'm sure that's what Emily wouldn't want us to do." I pointed out before climbing back over to the passenger seat.

This was a bad idea, stupid, stupid, stupid idea. But it felt so right. I looked over at her to see if maybe she was thinking the same thing as I. I watched her raise her fingers up to her now swollen lips and smile when she touched it. She then looked over at me and glared as if she hated me.

What the hell did I do? If anything, I just saved us from death, she should be thanking me not giving me the eyes that she wants to kill me. That was very absurd and rude if you asked me.

I wanted to know if she was mad at me for real, or if she just had a resting bitch face but I couldn't find that out just yet, or maybe never. Our silence was interrupted when Autumn and Alona ran out of the bar and ran up to the car.

They tried to get in but Rosalie had the car locked. We looked back at them as we saw that there was security following after them and Lucas and Oliver jr jumped into the cra behind us.

Rosalie hurried up and unlocked the car as she started it. As soon as they got in, she drove off. Alona seemed like she just had the fun of her life. Autumn on the other hand was terrified.

  "We got the information we needed. Oliver should be happy." Alona says,

  "And what exactly are you talking about?" Rosalie asked,

Alona, Autumn and I exchanged looks before raising our eyebrows. Did Rosalie actually think we were going to tell her about the mission?

I looked over towards Alona but she seemed distracted now, her eyes glued to my neck as she grinned. I hurried up and covered my neck with my hair and I turned away. 

  "So, are you guys going to tell me? Or not?" Rosalie asked frustratedly,

Nobody said anything. Autumn was unsure if she was supposed to say anything and Alona and I were still thinking about what I had on my neck. I was never going to hear the end of this.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

112K 4.8K 44
'Cause sometimes I look in her eyes And that's where I find a glimpse of us And I try to fall for her touch But I'm thinking of the way it was Said I...
7.1K 193 24
Not everyone knows how to save themselves. Some are victims to their own mind. Lottie Folkweather knew that all too well, as hard as she tried she ne...
89.7K 768 2
It's all a matter of perspective *** Anna Thatcher had always lived in the background of everyone's lives so, when she joins a new school, she isn't...
376K 9.5K 40
Two teenage hot heads who despise each other for who knows what have a few run ins. With the universe constantly bringing them together, they have no...