I was Reincarnated as an Ant...

By KonoXwrite

Inspired from "So I'm a Spider, so What?" a light novel written by Okina Baba and illustrated by Tsukasa Kiry... More

Prologue - Skills don't end without completion...
Chapter 0 - Soulmate's Apprehension
Chapter 0.5 - Soulmate's Apprehension pt2
Chapter 01 - Dungeon Twins!
Chapter 02 - Hi, am Jan!
Chapter 2.5 - Hi, am Jan!
Chapter 2.5.5 - Hi, am Jan!
Chapter 03 - Fated Twice, but not Twins.
Chapter 3.5- Jan, The Gladiator
Chapter 3.5.5.5 - Cont. (Extended)
Chapter 04 - The World of S-Class
Chapter 4.1: Nih's Tale
Chapter 4.1.1: Nih's Tale
Chapter 4.1.1.1: Nih's Tale
Chapter 4.2: Nih's Tale
Chapter 4.2.1: Nih's Tale
Chapter 4.2.2.1: Nih's Tale
Chapter 4.3: Nih's Tale
Chapter 4.4: Nih's Tale
Chapter 4.5: Divinity of the OverSighters
Chapter 4.5.5: Divinity of the OverSighters

Chapter 3.5.5 - Jan, The Hero

58 3 5
By KonoXwrite

Glicha staggering back as he reached into his pocket to grasp his crystal skill gem, this item wasn't banned but was looked down on. It enabled one to use a certain skill if applied correctly in/outside of the ring, as for now it allowed a skill to be embedded into it. For the this purpose, he had the skill [Mental Call]. A skill that was akin to telepathy however, it worked with another person who had the same skill. Using it as means to distinguish changes and attain information, he'd talk mentally to his allies. 'Apprise him, tell me what changed?'

Moments later as the boy would stand unrecognizable. He had two glowing golden antennas on his head and his aura was fearsomely strong. His healing was happing in real time as if the wounds lapsed backwards in time. Yet, his focus wasn't on his opponent but staring off into the distance searching something in the left side of the crowd as cheers and applause rang through the air.

'He-his...- A HERO! Well not yet but the boy has awakened the [Hero's egg] and it now a [Hero's Vessel], you know what that means!' The loud voice from his scouter in the crowd replied to his call. A grin would emerge on his face, if he managed to kill the emerging hero holder, he'd instantly become one himself. The thing with the [Hero's egg] was that anyone could attain it if the Gods deemed worthy however, unlocked it was unpredictable and usually impossible to determine how. Each famed hero in the history had unknown requirements to unlock it. In the current era, the boy was currently the only one in the lead with the skill unlocked into the second stage! While two other individuals in the era, had been in leagues with the Demonlord. This stage was also the most fragile as any enemy that could kill them could completely become one themselves!

10,000 individuals held the [Hero's Egg], now only one person had the [Hero's Vessel], moreover, the next stage to the skill was held by two others who had yet to unlock its final form. This was fate's calling to Glicha to take it. Lunching himself towards the boy as he dazed away from the fight, suddenly Glicha was unable to reach them. Internally calling his status screen to view himself, only to see that his own skills were locked. 'An Anti-skill barrier? But why was he unable to move?' He'd think as the boy stared at the him, "You can take the victory, am not interested in fighting you anymore. I have to save my bond. Excuse me."

Angered by the response, he'd unleashed his aura arts surging immensely power shattering the barrier in mere moments, as he closed the distance now to cut down the boy. Only then, did he realize he was sent backwards by a white blinding light from the boy's swing to the ground shuttering the tiles and all in a storm wave of energy that dissipated and fizzed along with the space-time barrier. Glicha then know the difference between them, the boy was a monster in skills. Disregard the physical abilities gap, his meager skills came nowhere close to the boy. Moreover, the boy would dash through the space barrier only to harm himself instead, watching them lose their side of the the body, but momentarily as to regenerate whole. "Kid, you cannot escape here unless you kill me."

Standing to face the boy, "Silence! I can't wait anymore time!"

"Oh? So what you gonna do? Destroy the impossible barrier that had prevent eons of people who are even stronger than you, and escape? (Laughs)" only did then the boy surge an enormously burst of energy, suddenly the quake around the stadium would ensure as the crowd screamed in fear. The boy would rip apart the space-time barrier with his blade, effortlessly as Glicha watched a feat only Hero's could do. Instantly, engulfed in an array of magical powers, he'd bolt towards the crowd. Only to leap from walls to walls as then attempted counter attacks from the guards and emergency crystals activated. The boy was fast but not enough to outperform the A & S-class guards that surrounded the place.

Watching as the barrier still stood, yet a gap now evidently made. He'd take a knee in honor to have meet a hero. In respect to the boy, his only regret is as not knowing their name.

***

Having actively engaged was annoying, each second Aed was in close proximity to dying, my life was not worth saving. I had always lost the things I cared for, wanted, and even promised! I never had the chance to live for myself, but that wasn't true. I always lived thinking i was going to attain everything back, but now I was going to lose the one miracle, the chance I had by the gods. I refused to believe I didn't have the right to let things be. 'Aed, don't you die on me! I'm coming.'

I had attained the skill in the moment I wanted to break the stupid barrier of space-time, [Spatial Relativity Slash] and now I understood why Aed had said he could use any skill. The [Sage] skill was possibly the reason but, he hadn't had it before? Or could it have hidden itself from the status prior. That had to be the reason! It helped me now to save him as it offered up my skill points to attain the skill I needed and even more! I had lost all my skill points to attain two skills I needed, the second skill I needed was one to prevent death for others, in moments even after death. All in that moment, Sage took my skill points and awarded me [Essence Stagnation], a skill that even if one died, they'd be alive for a period of time before dissolving into the world.

The attacks from the guards and their attempts to stop me was numerous but, I was barraging counters with [Magions] as I simply thought of a magical attribute attack that countered each and effectively prevented harm to me. It was like, I was painting my thoughts into reality with this skill. Aed was an amazing but completely an amateur! He didn't know how magic worked but I did. The skill he had was the building blocks of magic and if supplemented with magical skills, I could effortlessly make any magical abilities I knew of or seen.

Stepping on the air as I dashed down on the scene as a knight was about to take a shot towards Aed. I wasn't fast enough but, I had the skill to prevent Aed from dying, using it on him as he was now no longer alive, Sage would momentarily stop being active only to resume!

{ Sage: Analogical Intelligence Re•Awakened. }
{ Sage: Request; Accepted.
Analysis in-progress.
Process Completed.
Auto-inactivation per host protocol initiated.
Stability In-progress.

I had made it in time! The knight shocked by my feats would leap backwards in a defensive position, watching me as I came down on Aed. He wasn't moving or anything, but I knew my skill had worked! 'Sage! Help me heal him!'

No answer. It wasn't a living thing even if I mentally spoke it, rather it seemed to work in favor of the host's lively hood, and offered only status information or something similar. Now as I simply thought of a magical healing, the skills I had would become joined together as then using my newfound power, 『Ultimate Skill • Duo-Coalescence』I would makeshift create a skills; [Soul Rescue] and [Reservation Reanimate]. Seeing Aed somewhat alive, though it was akin to a [Zombie] state of consciousness. I'd further keep using all the mana I had to use any skill I knew as I mixed them to create the skills needed for the situation, [Holy Recover], [Re•Life], [Mana Life Link], [Essence Reoccupation], [Soul Link Restoration], [Life Conversion], as I kept at it, my mana was out. Only to hear. "You did it. You saved me. I was somewhere but you broke through and got me. I gotta admit, that was a wager on my life in the moment but, it worked out and now, give me back my stuff!"

The annoying little brat was back, I'd hold him tight as the knights and guards surrendered their voices in whispers that slowly became a unisons of "You're the hero!"

Ignoring them as I squeezed my little guy, I'd hear Nih's voice breaks through, "...move, move, Jan! Aed!"

Looking to him as he stood in shock of my new appearance and aura that gave the impression of someone akin to an S-class, he'd smile. "Now am jealous, you broke through the B-class and jumped to S-class, but it seems to be fading away....ANYWAYS! They with me, if you got issues, you'll have to talk to me and my father!" (Nih)

He'd grab my shoulder as he would gesture we follow him. 'Jan, I spoke with the darkness, it told me the Gods had tried to limit me and you saving me has undone what they attempted, don't ever listen to the gods. They are not on our side.' Telepathically speaking to me, Aed had a different perspective now. It was baffling to hear that as he now attained his abilities back, looking at my stats, I was stronger but I had lost my new skill abilities. However, my stats had made an astonishing improvement beyond what I had previously. It seemed the skills I had were as a borrowed stated due to the mode I attained when Aed died. It was all confusing but, I'd have further discussion about it later. How did I attain such a power? Was Aed really a [divine beast]? I had so many questions but the time wasn't now. As rumors had spread, the company of people followed me.

"You probably wondering how you got that strong, and now you're not. Don't worry, it's simple, [True Bonds] have that much of an advantage compared to other bonds. Also, Aed is just that special that he has skills that are astonishing rare and powerful. His ability to attain those attributes without his soul breaking down is a huge factor. Normally, you would've died if someone used another skill on you to give you a powerful skill. Not every soul can handle any skill, there's a reason why those with such powerful skills are powerful enough to begin with. Come, Jan the Hero." (Nih)

Saying as he lead us through the city of other murmurs of me being the new hero, I'd check my status again to see it wasn't no longer a [Hero's Egg] or [Hero's Vessel]! I was rather now [Hero]! "Nih, I think I skipped the procedure for becoming a hero, because it says I am now?"

Nih would freeze in place as he was in front of us leading us, his back to us as he looked back at me in shock. "Once we get home, both of you will have to show me your status! No buts or ifs! I'm not getting left behind! Unfortunately as it must be, so get ready! Understand?" (Nih)

"Yes Sir!" As me and Aed would respond simultaneously. We would giggle to each other, Aed was also stronger as he appeared to had changed dramatically and moreover, 'I have to evolve soon, dying and coming back has gave me lots of skill points, exp, and titles, as well as new skills. So the status reveal will have to wait.' (Aed)

Speaking privately to me as I'd nod too. I had now reached an understanding of how Aed was as possible the most important living creature in the world. I had also reached close to evolving due to him as well, three levels so to say! My goals were now possible, 'Aed, don't ever leave me...again, please.'

'....clingy. Yeah, yea. I feel that way too so relax with your emotional energy to me. We are too close to each other our link between us is...too much. I'm not a female for you to barrage your emotional weight to.' (Aed)

'***wipe' (Jan)

'********** baby' (Aed)

'Once we done here, I'll kick your behind.' (Jan)

'Bring it on, ****** pretty boy ************, with your small ***** no game lookin' (Aed)

Turning red as I was ashamed, Aed was horrible with words, he had the most horrible way to say things that I never knew. It hurt and made me upset that such a beast could come up with such things! He was rather enjoying the banter for some strange reasons, which meant he didn't mean most of the horrible things said as he coyly described. Only then did he suddenly realize, 'DID YOU JUST LOCK ME OUT!'

"You locked me out!" Having mentally disturbed the connection, and having to say it in person and publicly that Nih would look back at us annoyed. "Yes. It's rude to talk in private while among friends, right lady Nih?"

"Lady Nih?" (Jan)

"Aed, if you value your life, forget such things." (Nih)

"What, what? His a guy, why would you say that?" (Jan)

"Who knows." (Aed)

"Exactly, am a guy. So stop saying stupid things like that Aed. If you say another or if give Jan an idea, I'll know and you'll see the light again." (Nih)

"What's going on?" (Jan)

"Nothing, I just say stuff like that Jan my boi, just forget. I don't wish to die again." (Aed)

"Okay. If you say so. You're strange for that, why would you! It's so rude!" (Jan)

"(Sigh)" (Aed)

*****

"My liege, I have terrible news." Slothoria would speak in distress, he was a beast that had evolved from a sloth and was given the opportunity to serve the Demonlord, he had the blessing and abilities to see the world's inhabitants information records. As a consequence of having been an [summon] a beast creature from another universe. He attained intelligence akin to that of a human and unique abilities unlike of those of his own race too. He was bound to the Demonlord due to her saving his life as a creature unknowingly scared of the new world.

His vast [Oracle] skills, and titles coupled with [Unique Skill • Global Mental Mind], he was a record tracking holder of world. Recently he had tracked the world's anomaly, tracing its region and type of creature. Learning of its origins as well as its name, also the historical context of interactions. Soon the council would converge upon this information. The Demonlord now being the only Demonlord alive as she had attained further power from unknown sources. She challenged all the other Demonlords and won. She was beyond explaining in how powerful she was now. Apparently the dungeon had been the key to her progress, and recently about the time he was able to track the mishap of the dungeon, she had a revelation from the Gods to take advantage to act.

Yet, recently Slothoria had lost his ability to track down the creature again. It had died, yet he wasn't sure as it's records wasn't nullified but rather stagnated and halted ultimately as of recent. He couldn't attain further information but that was enough? He would now display that information to the [Demi-Demon • Emperor], a new title the system had given her due to her recent success and domain control over most of the world. She was close to ascending to Godhood like the fabled stories of humans that had done so before her. She was going to be the second Demon lord to reach that mark, as the second beast to be. The current hero skill holders racing to reach the [Hero Title] were working with her for the betterment of their goals. Yet now, they couldn't.

A new [Hero] was born quickly that even Slothoria couldn't keep up! It was all connected to that Ant! Something was amiss, it was not a summoned creature yet it boosted consequential ripples through the world that weighed heavily on it. Like anything akin to the Demi-Demon master of his, only 6 other individuals in the world proved a challenge. 2 were humans bandits that did what were they wanted to accomplish any road block to his majesty. 3 were [True Dragons], luckily of the two, one was aligned with her. The others ignored her, and the last of the four [True Dragons] was still caged and suppressed from reaching their original strength by the help of one of the other dragons aligned with her majesty.

The last of it all was the anomaly, but that now could be ignored all due to the new hero! A hero was a Huge threat to all that opposed it. Only the [Summoned] entities could defeat them. All otherwise, we're doom to fail due to the [Hero]'s infamous ability to equalize their opponents stats and theirs as well as the impossible counter resistance known as [Skill immunity]! Odds to defeating a [Hero] were pretty low if one wasn't an [Summon]. Unique Skills were the only chance against them, but offensive Unique Skills 98% only ever appeared to entities summoned. Furthermore, it appeared that hero now held a bond that was the anomaly! It was as if the Gods had set this scene out but from his majesty, the Gods weren't in cahoots with it. Only one possibility was the evil hero that had ascended into o Godhood had been pulling the strings, but how! He was banished, and sealed by the Gods!

Slothoria held faith in his majesty but, he slighted a glimpse of fear within himself against the possibility the Gods might had decided to enjoy a show about them. Yet, his majesty assured them that such things weren't not true. This anomaly was the bane of the Gods and the world. "Sire, what do you propose we do? Stop the raids on the sentinel creations of the evil God so we focus on it or split dual focus on both?"

"No. Recently I've regained my Dungeon skill so I can start anew. Thanks to the Gods, I was able to further improve my abilities all due to that Anomaly. You said it died, correct?" She'd ask as the council nodded in agreement. He would nod knowing so, but he knew even though it had. Something was off. It should had been removed from his ability altogether but it wasn't. Something was off. Could it be paranoia? So be it. He decided to believe it was dead and agree with her.

"Yes my Liege. So the true Hero, is at large in the Sef family land and that [Divine beast] is quite annoyance. Time was going by for us as we knew the [Celestial] is sure to keep living, those asinine nobles are not proving their worth, they let the Anomaly escape, and those other pointless Hero skill carriers, we had are now afraid that we plan on getting rid of them. I had them captured as some had started to attempt to flee once they saw their skill status 'null'. We cannot allow them to join a resistance group as it will just slow the progress." The soon an argument would ensure as talks between the generals to dispatch the Hero and if they could've gotten the anomaly under our belts. The Sentinels had recently been more aggressive since the anomaly happened to have escaped from the dungeon. On after it's death, they become less aggressive, that's topic of conversation would go on for a while. Ultimately, conclusion that now the Sentinels had still been less aggressive which was the result of its death. Phew. So it should serve as a good reminder for me not to be worried. The Queen would speak to everyone now.

"As we have confirmed, and concluded. For now, that Hero will either join our ranks or be dispatched alongside my that have came before me. Our goal has always been to assure the Gods that we will rid of the sentinels and unite the uncivilized Jinx among the rest of the world. If the hero stands to not agree with our goals then we shall rid of them too. I've recently sealed the [True God Dragon] within myself, I no longer have a limit on mana, however, it seems I've become a bane to the Gods too. So I no longer have connection with the Gods. Nonetheless, I'll continue to seek to attain their favor once more, I know they will understand our achievements as the end result." Taking a moment as she gesture her most loyal servant, Serpentine to display the next plans as then Serpentine would speak,

"There's only a few noble left with [King/Queen] titles other than our Queen, besides that Beast-kingdom, the rest of the human species has lost their 'king/Queen' titles due to our Queen having them bend the knee. At the moment, our forces are stretched thinly, we have to be careful not to waste the tools at hand. We are close to the finish line, most civilized nations are no threat to us. However, the Sentinels now ever so slowly diminishing in size, we only have a few years before we can attack their nest and rid of them as a whole. Steadfast not to die to the Hero or offer them any [Demon] kin enemy to fight. The more the [Hero] fights the [Demon] kin the more their skill adaptability increases. We can set up barriers to limit their effectiveness in crossing the lands to us, and use other 'tools' to make their social life circumstances difficult. The Queen proposes an emissary to meet them to decide if they'll accept our league or decide to fight the pointless war." Saying as we agreed. The current [Demi-Demon Emperor] had been just and totally reasonable. She only demanded troops to fight the Sentinel wars. Yes, the humans didn't know the value of why. And almost most suffered due to the loss and expense associated with the economic downturn. That wasn't the problem for us, we had left the countries to manage that on their own. Afterall, saving the whole world was as important to eve everyone on top that knew.

"Cagiser, choose one of your sons or daughters to meet the Hero and plant seeds of eyes among them. We have to keep tabs on what is to become of them. Report back any information. We shall focus on the matters beyond the lands for now. If you learn of any problems or concerns regarding them, being them here to us immediately." The Queen would say as they'd all leave. I would make my way to my portal gate, reach instantly home, or rather my management domain.

"Father, Dad, Da, is it true? A new Hero!" My small children are piled up to me in awe and fear. It was as expected, I'd wave them away as I told them that I didn't know for sure. Meeting my wife, she'd smile as we entered our private quarters. "Honey, what is steering you to stress, our Queen can hand Hero's as before. She even now holds dominant power over the [True Dragon], sure it's a shaky pillar but has she ever failed to deliver?"

She was right. Yet, I always thought my gut feeling to not be wrong, something about this new Hero felt as if everything was going to be under way into chaos. I simply couldn't help thinking if I was wrong to not say my doubts to the council. So I'd nod to my wife in agreement. "You're right, am just trying to assure nothing goes off course, once she ascends into Godhood, we can rest assure we have an ally God to rely on."

"Yes. She even has the sword of the demons now. The hero sword is resides with the Sentinels too, so evidently, wherever the Hero is, they'll have no choice to face the Sentinels." (Slothoria's Wife)

"Correct. However, it's still unclear to me. Sentinels have been acting at different rates that didn't make sense, I have a feeling they might side with the Hero. We just have to make sure the Hero knows of which side is better. If they die, we can be assured victory without much struggle. It has become clear, the times we now enter are going towards unknowns; our Queen cannot predict the outcome anymore due to the Anomaly. Even after it's death, it seemed to had hindered her sight indefinitely. It's unfortunate." I'd say as we would lay in bed to sleep off the unknowns tomorrow's worries.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

151 1 38
Re:Monster is a Japanese web novel written by Kanekiru Kogitsune and published by Alphapolis. It was later adapted into a light novel, inspiration fo...
26.3K 644 12
That time I got reincarnated as a slime and In another world with my smartphone cross over. [Note:This is only an experimental Fan fiction so Don't E...
931 15 40
Re:Monster is a Japanese web novel written by Kanekiru Kogitsune and published by Alphapolis. It was later adapted into a light novel, inspiration fo...
253 8 21
A nigh-omnipotent god gets bored so he erases his memories, gives up his power and reincarnates as a normal human in a modern world, and then dies ag...