强制欢宠:我的温柔暴君

By WhyHer_123

Description She was transmigrated into a novel where she became the cannon fodder who abused the male lead an... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
End of the Main Story
Side Story 1
Side Story 2
End of the Side Story

61

414 14 3
By WhyHer_123

The first part of the riddle and the second part of the riddle didn’t match at all! Was this truly a riddle? The Silent Master believed that the lantern seller had intentionally set up the riddle to deceive people. How can there be an answer to that riddle?

Seeing that the Silent Master refused to leave unless the riddle was answered, Ye Mu became speechless at his childishness. She pondered for a moment before she asked in a loud voice, “Do you really want this lantern?”

A monk cannot have any desire or longing, so the Silent Master will definitely pretend that he didn’t want it. Even so, his gaze was still fixed on the lantern. He pondered over the riddle in his mind over and over again.

Ye Mu sighed like an adult.

“Since you want it that badly, then I’ll solve it for you.”

The Silent Master looked at her in surprise, “Do you know the answer to the riddle?”

“Of course!” Ye Mu replied confidently.

The Silent Master frowned, “You are still young, how do you know the answer to a love riddle like this?”

Ye Mu froze for a moment and quickly said, “Don’t fret over these minor details!”

With that said, she slammed the table and said to the busy shopkeeper, “Shopkeeper, we have solved the riddle for the lantern!”

The shopkeeper dropped what he was doing and walked over. He said with a smile, “Little girl, have you guessed the answer to the old riddle?”

He glanced at the riddle:

A pair of mandarin ducks played in the water while the butterflies longed for flowers.

The monarch had many wives, but who will manage to end up as his one true love?

The red bean roots yearned to grow, but in its previous life, it was planted in a concubine’s heart.

They will wait for the day they will finally meet, so they can enjoy spring, summer, autumn, and winter together.

Then he chuckled and said, “Why don’t you tell me the answer and I’ll check if it’s correct?”

Ye Mu tugged the Silent Master’s sleeve, and when he bent down, she whispered in his ear, “The answer to the riddle is: To find and fall in love with each other so that their love will last forever!”

The Silent Master turned red at once, “How is that possible?”

Ye Mu put her hands on her hips and said, “Why is it impossible? Tell the shopkeeper the answer and you’ll know whether or not I’m correct.”

The Silent Master braced himself and answered the riddle. Unexpectedly, the old shopkeeper clapped his hands and said, “You guessed correctly! Here, the lantern is now yours!”

With that said, he handed the lantern to the Silent Master.

The Silent Master took the lantern from the shopkeeper. He was unable to disguise how much he liked the lantern, but in the next moment, he handed the lantern to Ye Mu.

“Here, you can have it since you’re the one who guessed the riddle.”

Ye Mu didn’t take the lantern from him, instead, she laughed and said, “Let’s go. I wouldn’t have bothered guessing the riddle if you didn’t like it. You can keep it, consider it as a gift!”

The men and women around them looked at the Silent Master enviously when they heard Ye Mu’s words. Some men even made some exaggerated noises with ill intention while others loudly gossip about how blessed the Silent Master was to have such a clever and pretty girlfriend!

The Silent Master’s face turned red once again, but he held onto the lantern tightly as Ye Mu dragged him away from the crowd.

He looked at the lantern in his arms as his heart pounded rapidly against his chest. This was the first gift he received in many years.

They strolled around the fair and Ye Mu bought a lot of things. They walked by the lake as the crowd started to disperse. The Silent Master held the lantern up; the light from the lantern reflected on his handsome and charming face. He looked like a celestial fairy.

Ye Mu suddenly asked him, “Are you happy being a monk?”

The smile on the Silent Master’s face faded a little, “It’s my nature to be a monk.”

Ye Mu smiled and asked, “What if you have another chance to choose again? If you can turn back time, would you still choose to be a monk?”

The Silent Master fell silent and the smile on his face gradually disappeared.

Just when Ye Mu believed that he would not answer her question, he quietly responded, “If I can turn back time, then I think I might strangle myself to death.”

“Why?!” Ye Mu looked at him in shock.

The Silent Master said, “Because some people are not meant to be born into this world.”

He smiled again when he said this, but Ye Mu was able to detect the sadness underneath his smile.

He tried to lead Ye Mu through the crowd, but Ye Mu stopped walking altogether.

“Is it because of the Empress Dowager?”

The Silent Master’s back was facing Ye Mu.

“The truth is, the emperor and I already knew a long time ago that the Empress Dowager would often look for you to listen to you preach about Buddha. That happened before the current emperor had returned to the palace.”

When the Silent Master heard this, he turned sideways and slowly looked at her. At that moment, he looked both noble and aloof. His blue clothes fluttered in the wind; he looked as if he was about to fly away in the next moment.

“Then why didn’t you say anything? Aren’t you afraid that I’m one of the Empress Dowager’s people? Aren’t you afraid that I will do something evil to you?”

Ye Mu shook her head, “Of course I was worried at first. But because my condition continued to deteriorate, I had to receive help from you. But you never did anything evil to me even though you had so many chances when you were treating my illness. So, the emperor and I concluded that you should be a good person.”

After he listened to her explanation, he suddenly revealed a smile. It was obvious he was trying to hold back his tears with that smile.

“Perhaps, just perhaps, I am a good person.”

“It’s getting late, let’s return.” The Silent Master started walking again when he said, “But the relationship between the Empress Dowager and I is not the kind of relationship you’re imagining.”

Ye Mu froze for a moment; she didn’t know how to respond. Soon, the Silent Master’s voice returned to his usually gentle and kind tone.

“I will help you soothe out your internal energy later, but you can’t head back to Tianshou Temple today. I forgot to tell you that all the rooms there are occupied.”

“Is the room that I usually occupy taken too?” Ye Mu looked at him with a condemning gaze.

“Yes.” The smile in the Silent Master’s eyes deepened.

Ye Mu looked up at the darkening sky and said, “If I return to the palace now, I’ll be scolded since it’s already very late. Should I squeeze into a room with you?”

The Silent Master was a monk, so Ye Mu was not afraid that he’d turn into a beast.

But the Silent Master shook his head and said, “If you squeeze into a room with me, you might die an even worse death.”

From his tone, he didn’t seem to be joking. Ye Mu shrank her neck back in fear.

By now, it was already very late into the night. The palace was already locked up for the night, so most people would never be able to enter at this time.

Ye Mu snuck into the palace. The palace guards all recognized her, so they quickly opened the door and let her through.

“Miss Ye, why did you return so late?”

One of the guards asked curiously.

Ye Mu was slightly embarrassed as she said, “There are too many worshippers at Tianshou Temple today, so there aren’t any rooms left. I had no choice but to return.”

The guards nodded his head and suddenly said, “Then you should have a good night’s rest. I heard that His Majesty lost his temper today. You should stay away from him for now.”

“Huh?” Ye Mu turned to look at the guard, “The emperor lost his temper today? Why?”

The guard stroked his head and said, “I don’t know the details, but it’s best if you stay away.”

Ye Mu nodded her head, thanked him, and then walked towards the inner palace.

She walked quickly, and in a short while, she was on the road back to where she lived. When she turned to look around, she saw that the palace where Mo Linyuan currently resided in was brightly lit. Why was he still awake at this hour?

Ye Mu temporarily forgot the advice the guard had given her because she was curious and headed toward where Mo Linyuan lived.

When she got closer, she discovered a row of people kneeling outside the palace. Wen Feng was one of the people kneeling too!

Ye Mu quickly walked to Wen Feng’s side and asked him, “What happened to you? Did you get in trouble?”

Wen Feng was surprised to see Ye Mu, “Miss, why are you back today?”

Ye Mu said, “Tianshou Temple is full today! I originally planned on squeezing in with the Silent Master because he had a large courtyard. But the Silent Master rejected my request, so I had no choice but to come back.”

Wen Feng breathed a sigh of relief, “Fortunately, he didn’t agree on sharing a room with you.”

“What?”

“No, I didn’t say anything.” Wen Feng quickly said, “Miss, you should return to your chambers and rest for the night. Your Majesty is in a bad mood right now, so it’s best if you don’t disturb him.”

Ye Mu raised her head and looked into the palace where Mo Linyuan was residing. All the windows and doors to the palace were closed, so she couldn’t see anything.

“Why is he in a bad mood?”

Wen Feng glanced at her, wasn’t it all because of you?! You told us that you are merely getting your injury treated, so why did you have to attend the temple fair with the monk? Not only did the two of you play together, but the two of you looked very happy spending time with each other! In addition to that, you have been avoiding His Majesty! You ignored HIs Majesty and played around with a monk! Do you think it’s possible for His Majesty not to be mad?

Of course, Wen Feng didn’t dare to say all of that to her. He shook his head and said, “It’s best if you don’t bother him for now.”

Wen Feng was the second person who told her not to disturb the emperor today, so she could already guess that Mo Linyuan was angry because of her.

She pondered over it and headed straight into the palace despite Wen Feng’s warnings.

The entire hall was empty because everyone was kneeling outside. Even so, the lights in the palace hall were brightly lit. Mo Linyuan’s study was at the end of the hall.

Ye Mu cautiously opened the door and saw that Mo Linyuan was writing something at his desk. He didn’t raise his head when she opened the door.

His hair wasn’t tied up, so his long black hair spilled down from his head, making him appear more aloof than usual. His eyebrows were tightly knit together, making it obvious that he was worried about something. His phoenix eyes were downcast, and his long eyelashes looked like two small brushes in the candlelight. His thin lips were pressed together tightly. He was only wearing a thin layer of clothing with a yellow dragon robe draped over his shoulder.

Ye Mu had been avoiding him before because she felt uncomfortable around him after his confession. But after playing today, she felt much better. She entered the room because she believed that there was no need to continue avoiding him anymore. After all, they had been friends for many years. Mo Linyuan wouldn’t do anything inappropriate to her, right?

With that mind, she quietly entered his study like a little thief.

“You remember that this is your home?”

She could detect that anger in his voice. Mo Linyuan did not look up at her, but Ye Mu knew that his entire focus was on her right now.

Ye Mu straightened her back and smiled, “Of course I will return. Your Majesty, why aren’t you resting?”

Mo Linyuan finally raised his head and looked at her.

“Did you have fun today?

Although he was smiling, Ye Mu knew that his smile was not sincere.

“Are you tired after playing for an entire day?”

Although his voice was very gentle, Ye Mu could feel the threatening tone underneath his gentle voice. He looked at her like he was looking at a prey; goosebumps rose on her arms.

She casually approached him, pretending as if nothing was wrong. Although the pressure around them would increase with every step she took, she still had a relaxed expression on her face. She acted as if she couldn’t detect any danger at all.

“I’m a little tired from playing all day today. I planned on returning tomorrow, but all the rooms in Tianshou Temple were occupied, so I had to return.”

Mo Linyuan was surprised by how honest she was with him. He stopped writing and asked her another question.

“Did you have fun today?”

Ye Mu stood beside him and said, “I had fun today! But I do have some regrets!”

“What kind of regret?”

Ye Mu stretched her hand and placed a protection amulet on his desk. She said in a soft voice, “The temple fair today was very lively. I went with the Silent Master and we strolled around the fair. But I feel somewhat regrettable because I realized that we haven’t gone out together for a long time.”

Mo Linyuan was taken aback for a moment while he stared at the protection amulet in front of him. “Is this for me?”

Ye Mu smiled and said, “Of course this is for you! I really wanted to bring you a gift when I went out shopping today, but none of the items caught my eyes. I only liked the protection amulet from the temple, so I kneeled for half an hour to get it!”

She stuffed the talisman into the fragrance sachet on Mo Linyuan’s waist. After she stuffed the amulet in, she patted the sachet. “Although I don’t believe in things like these, I still want you to have it. The situation in the palace is getting more and more complicated, I want you to stay safe.

She was kneeling on one knee as she spoke. The pressure around Mo Linyuan’s body slowly dissipated. He looked down at the girl kneeling at his feet and suddenly sighed.

“Isn’t this the only thing I need?”

“Huh?” Ye Mu looked up when Mo Linyuan suddenly grabbed her hand. The room spun around her and in the next second, her back was lying against the dragon couch!

“Bang!” Mo Linyuan’s hands were on her sides and he smiled faintly when he saw the frightened expression on her face.

“All I want is you, and only you.”

Ye Mu looked startled as he stared at him. She stuttered, “Y-you…”

“Hush.” Mo Linyuan touched her lips by putting a finger against her lips. The dragon robe draped over his shoulder had slipped off, revealing the thin layer of the silky white garment he was wearing. The silky white garment contrasted sharply against his ink-black hair.

Under the dim light from the candlelight, he looked like an immortal fairy.

“I was unhappy all day the moment I heard the news that you and the Silent Master headed out to play.”

His gaze was a little cold, but it was obvious that his frigid gaze was directed at the Silent Master.

“I heard that he held your hand when the two of you strolled around the temple fair together. I even heard that the two of you tried guessing the lantern riddles. I am extremely upset!’

Even if Ye Mu had a low EQ, she could still tell that Mo Linyuan was jealous. She could neither laugh nor cry when she said, “What are you thinking? I’m only eleven years old!”

How can he still be jealous when she was only eleven years old?

Mo Linyuan did not smile, “Although eleven years old is still a little young, you could still get married.”

“Are you being serious?” Ye Mu was a little terrified. She tried to sit up, but she was pushed onto the couch by Mo Linyuan again. There was a dangerous glint in Mo Linyuan’s alluring eyes. He suddenly lowered his head and directly kissed Ye Mu’s lips!

S-she was being kissed by Mo Linyuan!

Ye Mu shoved Mo Linyuan with force and then she asked him, “What are you doing?!”

Mo Linyuan stumbled backward after being pushed by her. The corners of his mouth curved upward, revealing an evil smile.

“Can’t you see what I’m doing?” He took a step forward and looked down at her.

“I told you that I like you and after my confession, you started to avoid me. You are only willing to see me right now because you believed that I wouldn’t do anything to you, right? You believed that I was merely all talks and no action.”

Ye Mu stared at him, “Y-you… I’m only eleven years old! Do you really need to act so insanely?”

Mo Linyuan tilted his head slightly.

“Eleven years old? Do you know how old my royal mother was when she gave birth to me?”

Ye Mu stared at him while bent closer to her.

“My royal mother entered the imperial palace at the age of thirteen and she gave birth to me at the age of fourteen. Now, do you still believe that eleven years old is very young?”

Ye Mu was simply speechless. This society was evil!

“Even if that’s true, I still can’t do it!” She raised her head and stared at him firmly.

“I know. That’s why I won’t do anything to you, I just want to tell you this.”

He hovered over her as he emphasized each and every word as he spoke.

“I am the emperor of the Mo Country. Everything in this country belongs to me, and that includes you. So, you should be prepared to be taken by me at any time, okay?”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

342K 18.4K 116
"You are too overpowered. Your existence poses a great threat to my son and daughter of fate. I had no other choice but to kill you." This was the v...
226K 3.9K 52
Lu Wanwan transmigrated inside a melodramatic and rich-businessman-type novel called The Rich Young Master's Gentle Love. In the original novel, the...
6.1K 204 11
A good-looking young man was happily getting off work when an accident happened, resulting in the lost of his life. I guess I get to have an early to...
396K 16.6K 39
||A/N: Will update from time to time. . . ( High chance of being discontinued.) || Credit to original artist- I've only made a pastel edit with it...