A Shadow Company Tale Sequel

By HerrHornet

After surviving the nightmare of the previous weeks, the soldier pushes forward discovering new challenges an... More

Continuation
Withdraw! Wait, we're missing one!
Finally some rest
Battle of New York City
Battle of New York City (Part 2)
Battle of New York (Part 3)
Old man's on the line
New Love and Meeting the Squad
Re-union
The Wolves Strike
The Hunt continues
After Action Rest
Irina's Interrogation
Arrow's Internal War
The Start of the Storm
Back on the Map
EXTRA - UNUSED ENDING 1
EXTRA - UNUSED ENDING 2
Echoes of Crisis
Clear the Beach!
The Urban War
The Garage of Hell
Rescuing the Vice President
The Flight Back
A Soldier's Pledge
Shadow Company's Return
You bought yourself time. For now.

The Hunt for the Red Oscar

77 1 0
By HerrHornet

The radio crackled under the suit. "In position."

"SDV Team Four, this is Metal Zero-One. Radio check in the blind, over."

The SEAL leader responded to Sandman's call. "Roger, Zero-One. We have you five-by-five. Phase line Echo secure. We have execute authority."

"We're one minute out."

"Copy that."

Grinch was grinning, "Just don't start the party without us."

"Almost through." Frost grunted as she pushed the gate forward as Sandman swam forward, grabbing his SDV and glided through the tunnel.

"Primary entry point is open, stay tight, easy to get separated down here." He turned his head as everyone followed except for Frost and Arrow.

Arrow was about to move when Frost stuck out her arm and glared at him, under the water and under the mask. Arrow couldn't tell what that look was about but she glanced away and proceeded forward to her SDV and caught up to the team. Confused, Arrow just shook his head and followed the group. Immediately Arrow's eyes fell on the tunnel where cars sat before the tunnel flooded as dead civilians floated throughout the tunnel and some were even stuck in their vehicles, indicating their sad demise.

Frost kept her eyes forward after spotting the floating bodies, keeping focused on Sandman. "Frost, careful." Arrow's voice warned her as a sudden foot kicked her, she jumped in surprise and glanced, spotting the owner, a woman, more precisely a teenager. Frost shuddered in horror as she closed her eyes and gently reached out, pushing the girl to the side as she pressed onwards. Arrow shook his head at the scene as he became numb to everything already.

Grinch shook his head, "Damn, think anyone got out?" He turned his head to Sandman.

Sandman kept his gaze straight ahead. "Nothing we can do for them now. Maintain two, nine, five degrees. 300 meters to link up."

"Metal Zero-One, got you on the tracker."

"Roger, approaching the rendezvous."

The group began following an underwater pipe as the SEAL leader turned his head slightly to Sandman. "Sub's on the move. Intercept window is closing fast."

"Roger that, lead the way."

"Watch your sonar. Russians are laying mines." The leader nonchalantly spoke as the Delta team blinked.

"Eyes on your sonar." Sandman tapped his sonar screen as a red dot immediately appeared on Frost's sonar.

"Mine!" She hissed as Arrow swerved in front of her, moving right.

"Go right, follow me." He spoke calmly as he guided the team, finally taking point as he followed another pipe, reaching the edge where Sandman's voice echoed.

"Power down. Here we go." Arrow nodded and powered his SDV down as the group touched the bottom of the floor as two torpedoes streaked through the water above. Arrow closed his eyes, they detected the group. However there wasn't an explosion like he was waiting for, the torpedoes streaked on by as the submarine powered directly over their position from behind.

The SEAL leader broke radio silence, "Target approaching. Oscar-Two, eight o'clock. Steady."

Arrow continued to stare at the beast as the ship's tailfin passed overhead. He snapped his head to Frost, "Go, go!" He waited as Frost powered up her SDV and guided herself to the tail as she reached the tail and carefully attached a mine to the submarine and dropped away, getting out of the blast zone. The SEAL team echoed they had placed their mine and were secure.

"Hit it!" Two explosions rocked the submarine, inducing a concussion through the water that dazed everyone for a moment. The submarine lurched and rose to the surface as did the attacking Americans. "Overlord, this is Metal Zero-One. Sub is surfacing. Commencing assault."

"Roger, Zero-One. Continue to Primary Objective. We need control of the sub's missiles." The group surfaced and immediately swam towards the tailfin of the submarine, climbing on the aft as a few hatches popped open. Arrow unslung his MP5 and immediately fired a burst into one of the Russian sailors.

"Contacts, contacts!" He shouted as he took a few more steps firing onto the sailors coming out, striking those who popped out of cover.

Sandman slid over to the hatch and dropped a frag grenade down the stairs. The frag exploded, wounding the sailors who scrambled for cover. "Clear, head down!" He shouted at Frost who nodded and immediately slid down the hatch. Sandman spotted Truck and Grinch who shook their heads.

"You go, we got the top decks secured!"

"Yeah, get down there boss!"

Arrow turned around facing Sandman, "I got the top covered, go! Losing time!"

Sandman dropped below as Arrow swung around, raising his weapon to the conning tower where a few Russian sailors appeared. He quickly exhaled, dropping the targets as distant shooting was heard inside of the ship. Suddenly it became quiet for a few minutes as a distant explosion was felt inside the ship. "They're tearing the place apart."

"God damn, Frost is pissed about something." Truck quipped as Arrow scratched his head.

Arrow blushed slightly, "Might be me."

"How?" Both Grinch and Truck turned to Arrow.

"I can't tell you. I honestly don't know." Arrow lowered his weapon slightly, but could still react to fire.

"Better get that solved quickly, she's not one to beat around the bush. Especially when it comes to loose ends." Truck shrugged and faced forward, scanning.

Arrow winced as he recalled what Shepherd said as he was indeed there on the field that day. He shook his head, "Yeah, I'll approach her after this." Suddenly the missile hatches began to open as the team snapped their heads to the sudden development. "Shit, move to the front of the boat! Now!"

Meanwhile in the control room, Frost had finished clearing the room with Sandman as the pair began to move over to the consoles. Sandman kicked over the deceased captain, grabbing his keys. "I have the missile key and I'm accessing the launch codes now."

Overlord came over the radio, transmitting, "Grid coordinates follow: Tango Whiskey Zero Five Six Six Two Eight."

"Coordinates confirmed! Firing on the Russian fleet in thirty seconds! Frost, get on the console!"

Frost nodded, rushing over to the firing console and glanced over at Sandman as he tossed her the key. She caught the key and prepared to insert the key on Sandman's command. "Three, two, one, Turn!" Frost and Sandman both turned the key, accessing the missile fire button as Frost balled up her fist and smashed the button with her might.

"Overlord, missiles armed and launching!" Sandman motioned for her to follow him into the next room where another hatch was opened from a crewmember trying to escape.

"Roger. SEAL team is in position for exfil."

"Go! Go!" Sandman pushed Frost up the ladder and soon followed behind her. Frost peaked up the hatch as two F-15s flew overhead with afterburners on, creating an awe-inspiring sound. She climbed up on deck as Sandman was right behind her and he turned his head, "Truck, Grinch, Arrow let's roll!"

"Amen to that!" All three shouted as they closed the distance. The group converged on a remaining zodiac boat after the SEALs departed from the submarine where everyone hopped onto the boat. Frost immediately took control as Arrow moved to the front of the boat. With everyone on, she immediately hit the throttle as the first missiles began to fire on the Russian fleet from the submarine.

As the group continued to follow the SEALs, missiles slammed into every Russian ship surrounding the group as Arrow was tossed around, hitting the edge of the boat as his weapon fell into the water, "Oh fuck!" He shouted as Frost saw this and jerked the boat so he rolled back into the craft. Arrow locked eyes with her briefly, seeing something else in her eyes. He glanced back to the side and shouted again, "Fuck look out!"

The warning came too late as a Russian patrol boat slammed into the zodiac, pushing the watercraft up the decks of the listing USS Nimitz as Sandman rolled onto his back while Truck and Grinch were thrown to the deck. Arrow turned to Frost, shouting over the noise and gunfire that was peppering their boat. "Shoot the mines Frost!"

Frost let go and withdrew her pistol, sliding her sights over to the large mines on the aft of the patrol boat and fired a burst into the mines, causing a large explosion that pushed the Russian ship back into the water sinking. Frost resumed her control over the ship and drifted back into the water, immediately applying full throttle as two Sea Knights flew overhead, flying to the extraction point.

Sandman rose from his position, crouching and holding onto the boat as he pointed. "There she is! Go, go, go!"

The Sea Knight pilot called over the radio, "Metal Zero-One, we are feet wet." A crewmember stood inside, guiding the boat in as Frost skillfully sailed the boat up the ramp into the helicopter as the crewmember grabbed the bow and started dragging the boat into the helicopter as the team clambered out onto the seats. "We're off!" The Sea Knight applied power and immediately lifted into the air.

Sandman sat back in his seat as he radioed Overlord, "Overlord, mission complete. All Eagles accounted for."

"Roger, Metal Zero-One, missile strikes confirmed on multiple Russian hard targets in your AO. All primary threats neutralized. Good work, team, that's one for the books."

"Easy day, Overlord. Sandman out." He sighed as he looked at his team with a large smile on his face. "Good work today team!"

Frost sat near the ramp as Arrow shifted around the boats, sliding next to her. Frost jumped, having been lost in thoughts, and looked at Arrow and immediately closed the distance throwing her arms around him as all her emotions piled out. Truck and Grinch glanced at each other as Grinch discretely slid Truck a five dollar bill. "Smooth." Sandman commented as he shook his head, falling asleep. Arrow and Frost continued to sit on the ramp together as the helicopter flew back to their operating base.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

141K 4.9K 109
Price discovered you as a young girl whose family had been violently and unjustly taken away from her. As there were no other options for you, Price...
17.4K 535 65
Life is all about the people who we would follow into the dark, or about those who bring the darkness into it.
5.5K 95 12
Five years later after Zakhaev's death the world is in peace, but now a new threat has surface to the world. Looks like Viper cannot catch a break ca...
20.2K 876 37
Y/n is a American special forces operator that has been working off the grid for over three years. When a new threat resurfaces he must return to Pri...