Mad Love {E. Bridgerton}

By carvoqueen

~Made me say, You know what I like, like, like, like~ ~ I'm alright on my own, But with you I'm in the zone~ ... More

Aesthetic
Music
Graphics
Prologue
I. Silent as a cat
II. Annoying, Prudes, Ugly, Devilish?
III. Brainless Brooding Mare
IV. Emerald Women
VI. Nuclear
VII. Mad Women
VIII. Flickering Flames
IX. Rotten Feathers
X. Bridgerton Challenges
XI. Emerald Lovers
XII. Lucid Night
XIII. Hearts and Flowers
IXV. Promising Threats
XV. Dove White
XVI. I do.... Not
XVII. Heavens falling
XVIII. Forever and Always
IXX. Runaway Arters
XX. Accidental Space
XXI. Heavy wears the Crowns
XXII. Queen of Love

V. Blue Velvet

2.6K 111 3
By carvoqueen

Dearest Reader,
It seems the Royal twins are more
than meets the eye.
Princess Charlotte seems to have a fiery output, but is that was the United Kingdom's need?

But I doubt she is all that she seems.
Is she really fit to become our Queen?
Or should the title go to the Queens eldest son, or should her twin Arthur George Regal be crowned heir.

I never lie to you my dear readers, so I'll tell you my honest opinion. I think Charlotte has a lot of secrets in her closet and I hope she lets them be free before I do. What's so special about her that the King himself demanded she be named heir over his own son?

-Lady Whistledown

Charlotte stares at the pamphlet in her hands, a stone cold glare on her face. She crumbles the paper, throwing it in her fireplace before she storms out her room.

She bursts opens the doors to the breakfast table, feeling violated by Whistledown. She was trying to creep into her privacy, but she needed to be calculating and strategic about what happens next. She needs to think like a King and Queen, smart, straight forward but planing ahead, for every out comes.

"Charlie. I assure you when I find who ever this women is, I will have her punished." Her aunt tells her but Charlotte stops in her tracks.

"And I assure you sister, I do not want your crown and neither do our cousins." Arthur tries to support his twin, afraid she might be upset at him.

"No, no. I need to use this to my advantage. I need to show England that I am capable of being their ruler. I know they doubt me so I need to prove myself, I just don't know how yet." Charlotte explains to them, pacing around.

Charlotte stops to think for a moment. She is gonna have to show the public who she is, and to please her aunt she will also try and find Whistledown.

So she needs to be careful who she tells this information to, because if Whistledown writes of her again, it will be what she heard. Therefore she could track it back to who she told, have a lead from there.

And as for proving herself worthy of being Queen. She had no clue how she was suppose to do that.

Charlotte faces her aunt and twin with a mischievous smile on her face. "I know exactly what I am doing."

"Care to share or...?" Arthur questions but Charlotte just sits down, buttering a biscuit. "No, not yet. But I must say, it's rather clever." She smiles at him making her twin dread.

"Is it gonna be something stupid?" He questions, sipping his tea. "Probably." Charlotte hums.

______________________________

Swords clashes as Charlotte's pants breathed through the air.

She swings her sword to her side, making Sir Lucas sigh. "Something on your mind, princess?" He questions as he sees that Charlotte was out of it and more sloppy with her swings.

"There's a race today?" Charlotte asks but she already knew the answer. "Yes, there seems to be." Sir Lucas answers.

"Good, I am going with Arthur today." A fake smile on her face but the gears in her brain were working.

"I didn't think you liked races?" Sir Lucas questions her but Charlotte only laughs. "I do not, but if I am to be the Queen of the United Kingdom than I must know my people." Charlotte informs him, before swinging her sword at him, he quickly deflects it but she twists her sword to wrap around his.

She swings her sword up, making his go flying in the air as he lost his grip. A triumph smile on her face.

______________________________

"Are you sure you will be able to ride Black Beauty in that dress?" Arthur questions his twin as they saddle their horses, matching sapphire saddles.

"Yes, I'm sure now. Haste." She scolds her younger brother before climbing upon her horse.

Her horse makes a sound, of what she can only tell of excitement. "Not today bubs, today we show off to England." She whispered down to him, petting his back before trotting him out the stables, Arthur behind him.

They approach the festival for the Royal race, many people looking a the din disbelief.

She spots the Bridgerton family and their tent. As luck pats a favor to her, her ghost locks eyes with her, making her smirk and wave to the Bridgerton who only rolls her eyes but Charlotte knew that it was fondly.

As they trot to their tents, Charlotte gently pats her horses neck, letting him know she wants off. The careful giant slowly lays down, allowing her to carefully get off.

Once she is off, she notices Eloise heading in her direction, her nose in a pamphlet. Charlotte quickly rushes to her, sneaking up behind her.

"Boo!" Charlotte scares her but this time, she takes a few steps back to dodge Eloise's swing.

"I swear to the gods Arlo!" Eloise scolds her, glaring at her.

"What are you reading?" Charlotte asks curiously. Charlotte peaks over her shoulder, seeing it is a pamphlet for dogs.

"Interested in dogs? I must say they are tricky things, hard to train. I had a dog named Curly, and every time I was gone more than a few a hours he would chew up my shoes." Charlotte tells her, a fond smile on her face. Curly was the only dog she ever owned, he was a mutt she found on the streets one day when she snuck out, and with begging with the help of her twin, her aunt let her keep him.

Sadly he died of old age but the dog lived a lavish life, only the best of the best for him.

"What? No..." Eloise blushes faintly at how close Charlottes face to hers. She didn't know why she felt faint, and the way her stomach felt like it was doing flips. She must be ill she thought.

"They why are you reading it?" Charlotte questions, looking at her oddly.

"Because... because I can." Eloise stats stepping away from Charlotte and turning around to look at her fully.

"But why? If you have no interest in dogs. Have you gone crazy? I mean all the symptoms are there..." Charlotte trails off teasing, making Eloise playfully slap her bare shoulder.

That's when Eloise finally took a good look at her dress. It had crescent moons but it was a soft velvety blue. It reminded her of the goddess Selene. She had read stories upon her.

"You look..." Eloise breaths out, for the first time she didn't know what to say. "Devilish? Godly beautiful? An angel from the heavens?" Charlotte exaggerates, a smirk plastered on her face.

Eloise felt her knees go weak from the smirk, like she was about to fall. "I was gonna say, pretty but I've changed my mind." Eloise teases her, making Charlotte pout.

"Back to my question, why do you have the pamphlet?" Charlotte changes the subject back to its original topic.

Eloise groans at her stubborn nature. "Because it feels a lot like the paper Lady Whistledown uses and I want to find her. Make her write more empowering stuff instead of the seasons diamond." Eloise admits.

Charlotte hums, understanding. "I get it, I too am in my own search of that pestering women, who ever she may be." Charlotte tells her making Eloise furrow her eyebrows.

"Pestering? She is a women who has done something society only deems a man can. It's inspiring, empowering, not pestering." Eloise disagrees with her, making Charlotte shake her head in debate.

"The second time I've shown my face at a ball, she wants to tell all of London that I have secrets and that I'm unfit to rule as future queen. What's so empowering about her that she must bring another women down? Why does she seem to dislike me? Shouldn't she be thrilled that the first time in a long time that a women is gonna be in power?" Charlotte rants to her making Eloise think about what she is saying more clearly.

"I suppose but I will ask when I find her." Eloise tells her making Charlotte raise an eyebrow. "Who says your gonna find her first?"

"I've been searching all last season, i have more leads and clues than you." Eloise points out but Charlotte only smirks.

"And yet you still haven't found her." Charlotte points out making Eloise huff in defeat.

Eloise glares at her before stomping away, frustrated on how Charlotte keeps beating her. The crowned princess only watches her stalk away in a love sick haze.

______________________________

I love how Charlotte gives Eloise competition. I think it's very fitting.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

98.5K 9K 36
After narrowly escaping an assassination, a new king in disguise escapes to his childhood home only to discover that his unwanted betrothed has been...
34.8K 1.5K 28
หห‹ยฐโ€ข*โ€โžท๐‘ซ๐‘จ๐’€๐‘ณ๐‘ฐ๐‘ฎ๐‘ฏ๐‘ปโญ‘.เณƒเฟ *๏ฝฅ๏พŸ๏พŸ๏ฝฅ:.๏ฝก..๏ฝก.:๏พŸ::โœผโœฟ - โœฟโœผ:๏พŸ:.๏ฝก..๏ฝก.:๏ฝฅ๏พŸ๏พŸ๏ฝฅ* ๐’๐ˆ๐Œ๐Ž๐ ๐๐€๐’๐’๐„๐“, the irresistible Duke of Hastings, has hatched a plan to...
836K 18.9K 35
Her Royal Highness The Princess Royal, is a beacon of regality, yet beneath her crown lies a woman determined to defy the conventional expectations o...