Meeting the Marauders

By silentbynature

Ariana Rebecca Dumbledore is the only child of Albus Dumbledore, headmaster of Hogwarts. After being expelled... More

New and Old Friends
Playing With Fire
Classes
Practice
The Whomping Willow
Tryouts
From Cuddling To Skipping
The Results
The Surprise
The First Game
The After Party
My Book
What Happens in the Forest Stays in the Forest
Through Someone Else's Eyes
It's All Because I had Breakfast with the Slytherins
A Practice to Remember
My Guard Kitten
James' Proposal
Dating James
Lily's Temper
Kissing Practice
The Mysterious Owl
Meeting Up At Hogsmeade
A Date With James
Hallows Eve
IMPORTANT
The Halloween Scare
The Tragic Game
Fuzzy
Saved By Him
That Smell
Our Spot
The Truth Comes Out
The Prophecy
Not Kitten, Lion Protector
Back on the Field
I Don't Need
Don't Touch Hot Things
The Headmaster's Office
Being Strong
Scared to Death
As Time Goes On
Dinner With The Potter's
Break Begins
Petunia- The Holiday Ruiner
Christmas Morning
Befriending the Wrong One
To Save Him
Something Special
Ghostly Hour
The Consequences of Playing With a Werefolf
Who I Would Choose
The OWLs Begin
The Last of OWLs
You Don't Know How Sorry I Am
Saying Goodbyes
The Next Book!

The Sorting

104K 3.5K 6.2K
By silentbynature

Chapter 2: The Sorting
-Bex p.o.v.-

I walked over to the boats with Remus, ignoring the first years and following the familiar, yelling voice. Remus left me to speak with some first years, informing them of which way to go and what was happening.

"First years! First years over here!" The one whose voice it belonged to couldn't have been much older than me. He looked to be in his early twenties, though he was gigantic. About seven feet tall and twice as wide as a full grown man. When he turned towards me fully I grinned up at the familiar boy.

"Hello Hagrid, nice to see you again." He looked down at me and let out a loud laugh. "Ah, Bex! Last time I saw you, you was just a little thing," he held his hand to his knees, showing how big I was.

"Yes, well I did grow some." I smirked. "But I'm nowhere near as tall as you."

"No one can compete with a half giant." He smiled and turned to where a group of Prefects were leading the first years to us. "In you go, four to a boat!" He gestured to the boats, just barely sitting in the water.

The first years all looked at them hesitantly, not doing anything, so I hopped in one with a shrug. "I don't bite." I spoke to them, "most of the time." With a smirk I leaned back in the boat and waited as the first years all hurried forward into boats, racing each other to the boats so they wouldn't have to sit with me.

When everyone got situated in their boats, I was alone, Hagrid started the boats, magically, towards the castle.

Half way to the dock across the lake the giant squid popped up. One kid got so scared he fell out of his boat and into the lake. The children started to go crazy, some even began to scream bloody murder, as if the squid would eat you, I mentally scoffed.

I glanced over at Hagrid in the next boat over before letting out a sigh and throwing my messenger bag off of me, my little Tucker meowed softly, looking up at me curiously. I did a perfect dive into the lake and swam deep into the water where the boy fell. I spotted him freaking out under the water, waving his hands around and sinking under the weight of his robes. He looked as if he was running out of air, and fast.

Grabbing him by the arm, I pulled him up to the surface, where he gasped for air. Pulling him over to my boat I lifted the light first year into the boat. Then hefting myself up, I gracefully slid into the boat.

The boy, gasping for air, threw himself at me. He wrapped his arms around me tightly in a hug.

"Are you alright?" I asked putting my arms around his shaking body.

"F-f-fine." He shivered. "Th-thank y-you."

"No problem at all." I gave him a tight smile, glancing down I noticed my clothes were heating up. I pushed the boy away, "just a second and I'll be dry, wouldn't want to burn you." I moved away from him and back to my previous seat.

He looked at my clothes, startled as to why they were drying by themselves. In seconds they were dry and it was like I wasn't wet just seconds ago. "H-how?" He muttered, staring at me as if I had just told him some big mystery about the world.

"Fire comes naturally to me." I shrugged lightly and pulled my wand out of my bag, drying the boy as we made it to the shore. I hopped out and held out a hand for him to take.

"I'm Liam," the boy introduced. He was still shivering slightly so I hesitantly wrapped an arm around his small body.

"Bex, is the name." I said with a smirk as I walked him up to where the others were waiting. Tucker had jumped out and wandered off somewhere, leaving our boat empty.

"Is he alright?" Hagrid asked coming over as we started up the hill together.

"I'm fine," Liam answered with a small shiver.

"Nothing to worry about, Hagrid." I nodded and pulled Liam with me up into the crowd of first years.

McGonagall stepped out of the castles' front doors and explained all of the rules to the first years. I paid them no attention, knowing full well I would break them even if I knew them.

She led the first years into the waiting area outside of the Great Hall and motioned me forward. I sent Liam one last glance before following after. McGonagall pulled me into a hug when we were out of sight from the first years. "And why aren't you in your robes?" She scolded, looking at my muggle clothes: skinny jeans, a tee shirt and jacket, along with a pair of converse sneakers.

"Didn't feel like it," I shrugged, grinning at her. "What? Gonna give me detention?"

Rolling her eyes, a faint smile appeared on her lips. "It's good to have you back."

"Good to be back, Minnie." I grinned brightly at her. Slipping my arms out of my jacket I held it out to her, "hold my jacket, will you? I just dove into the lake to save a first year from drowning. It's getting a bit hot."

She nodded, taking the jacket from my hands and with the wave of her hand, it disappeared. She didn't even question the fact that I had jumped in the lake. "You are to be sorted last, seeing as you are not a first year and during that time you may speak with your father." She explained. I nodded and followed her back to the first years.

Taking my spot next to Liam we filed into the Great Hall. "Good luck." I said to Liam, sending him one last smirk before I left the group of first years and headed to the head table.

I knew people were looking as I went freely to the teachers table. My father stood as I came to him. Opening his arms for a hug, I stepped into them.

"Hello Ariana," he greeted.

"Hi dad." I smiled softly into his shoulder.

We discussed the usual things as the sorting went on, I smirked as I heard Liam be sorted into Gryffindor. When it was finally my turn I stood from my fathers side.

"And we have one more to sort, going into her fifth year is Ariana Rebecca Dumbledore." Minnie introduce.

The crowd went silent before erupting in whispers, "Dumbledore has a daughter!" and "since when did he have a daughter?!"

I glared at Minnie as I approached the stool. "It's Bex." She rolled her eyes at me and placed the hat on my head.

It went silent as everyone waited on the edge of their seats, hopping I was to be in their house.

Hmmm, the hat purred in my head. A great mind, you have. A fiery temper though; you are kind but also have a bad side.

"Yeah yeah yeah." I muttered. "Like I haven't heard that before."

The hat continued, ignoring my interruption. A troublemaker, you are. Expelled from your old school. Using your power to burn the dining area. He tutted.

"It was an accident!" I defended loudly. People laughed at my outburst.

You shall go where you are destined to be, your fate shall arise; but be warned, it will take all of your powers, the hat spoke in my head before yelling out loud, "Gryffindor!"

Before I could ask what he meant, the hat was off my head and Minnie nudged me towards the cheering table.

I walked past Liam, sending him a grin and promising to talk to him later. Heading for Lily, who was grinning at me.

"Yay! Bex this is amazing! We're in the same house!" She exclaimed giving me a side hug.

I smiled back at her and nodded in agreement. "Yeah, it's amazing."

It went silent as my father stood to give his speech. "Welcome back to our older students and the new ones, welcome! Just a few reminders: do not go into the forbidden forest, it is named that for a reason. Mr. Filch has added paintballs, silly string and flying frisbees to the list of things not allowed in the halls, for the full list, it is hanging on his office door. And Mr. Filch would also like me to remind you that dueling is not allowed in the halls. And one last thing to Ariana, dear, try not to set anything on fire." He smiled at me.

"That was an accident!" I exclaimed throwing my hands in the air.

He chuckled and went on with his speech telling when quidditch tryouts were and all of the other boring stuff. When the food appeared I dug right in. Grabbing some soup and toast, I enjoyed my food until I was interrupted by a certain ghost.

"Hello Peeves." I smirked as the poltergeist popped up beside me.

"Captain Bex." He saluted. "Pleasure to have you back."

"Pleasure to be back, soldier." I smirked at Lily as she watched dumbfound as to how I had Peeves trained so well.

"Can't wait for the pranks to start, I await your first prank, so that I may begin terrorizing the students." He grinned a wicked smile.

"Don't worry it will be soon, can't have the teachers thinking I've gone soft since I was little, now can we?"

"No, not at all." He said before disappearing through a wall.

"What just happened?" James asked sliding into the seat next to Lily.

"A friendly chat with Peeves." I shrugged, taking a piece of cake as it appeared on the table.

"How did you get him so tamed?" Lily wondered, ignoring James.

"Years of manipulation, Lily-Pad." I said and patted her hand.

Sirius laughed from my side and threw an arm around my shoulder. "Hello Gorgeous," he smirked at me.

"Get your arm off of me before I break it." I said without even glancing at him.

He slowly removed his arm and picked up my fork taking a bite of my chocolate cake.

I pouted at him until he got some on my fork and held it out for me. I opened my mouth and took the cake on the tip of the fork. Happily eating that bit of cake as Sirius continued to eat some also.

When the feast was finished we all headed up to the seventh floor and for the portrait hole. Lily spoke the password which I paid no attention to, and we entered the common room.

I headed to the couch by the fire and took a seat. Seconds after we all sat down a little ball of energy came at me.

"Bex! We are in the same house!" Liam exclaimed and hopped into my lap.

"Yeah I know." I laughed at his excitement.

"Awe, who's this little cutie." Lily asked coming up behind me.

"I'm Liam." He smiled at Lily.

"And I'm Lily." She introduced. "How do you happen to know Bex?"

"She saved me." He stated proudly, looking at me with a sense of admiration in his eyes.

Lily looked at me for an explanation. The boys also looked at me to explain. I rolled my eyes.

"On the trip in the boats the giant squid surprised him and he fell in the lake. I jumped in and saved him, he's lucky I was feeling heroic or he would be squid food!" I said the last part and tickled his tummy. He squealed in laughter and struggled against my arms.

When I stopped tickling him he gasped for air. "That's so adorable." Lily smiled at the two of us.

"You better get to bed, we have classes tomorrow." I said and pushed him towards the boy's stair case.

When he disappeared up into the boys dorm area Lily turned to me. "He's sweet, but you're right. We have classes tomorrow, time for bed." Lily said and ushered me up to the staircase leading to the girls dorms.

"Goodnight boys," I said to them before we disappeared from their sight.

--------

She's a Gryffindor, what do you think guys? Comment, vote, share, follow, etc. thanks!

*EDITED*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

393K 8K 28
Delaney Black. The daughter of non other than Sirius Black. This year she goes to Hogwarts and discovers things about her father, herself and her fam...
581K 27.6K 35
Bex Dumbledore, back again for another year at Hogwarts is faced with many challenges. Juggling a relationship, N.E.W.T.s, friends, as well as new po...
99.3K 2.9K 45
"Y/n, I will always be here for you." "Promise?" "I promise." ~*𓃦*~ Going to Hogwarts was something Y/n Black had been looking forward to her ent...
13.6K 219 42
A simple story of a boy and a girl who fall in love. Evelyn Walters transfers to Hogwarts during the start of her sixth year, hoping to breeze past t...