Poisoned Game

By PeytonHazzard

Delilah Quinn Daughter of one of the worlds best authors and adoptive daughter of one of the most powerful B... More

CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY

CHAPTER THREE

2.8K 70 38
By PeytonHazzard

—Rosalie Cartier—

I walked away from the Quinn's house in anger. I didn't expect to be in such a mood but stupid old Quinn had to make everything so annoying.

Who ever thought that picking up my sibling would make me wish that I had left them stranded?

As I got to the car, my anger seemed to leave out my body a little. My brother was in the backseat along with my best friend, Zackery and his team mate, Joshua.

When I got into the car, it smelled like weed. That was a terrible look for me, and a dangerous environment for my brother to be in.

But it wasn't like I or the driver was smoking weed. It was my best friend's dick head friend, Joshua. It was always Joshua.

  "Can you cut the smoking out? We get pulled over and my mother is going to kill me and that's not going to be a good look for you, because I will haunt your ass until you die." I threatened as I looked from Joshua and then over to my girlfriend.

My girlfriend = Emily Fisher.

She was the captain of the cheer team and I was her number one supporter. We had been dating for 6th grade and to everyone's surprise...we never broke up or cheated on each other.

Junior year and we are still going on strong. I loved her very much and she was the glue that put me into places.

It was or 6th grade year when we found out our parents died in a car accident. Her mother, and my father. Every since then we had this bond formed and we couldn't live without each other sense.

It was like trauma bonding. We were always there emotionally for each other. Without that then I don't think our relationship would have lasted this long.

  "Rosie, calm down. I just got done telling Joshua that it was inappropriate for him to be smoking in an environment that he doesn't need to be. Don't worry honey bun, I got your back." She winked before leaning in and pressing a small kiss to my lips.

She then started the car and drove away from the Quinn's neighborhood. I felt relaxed getting away from Quinn's house. Being around them made me want to question my whole existence.

  "So, what took you so long? Did you bone that nerdy black girl?" Joshua asked as he seemed out of it.

He was definitely far off of high. He was in the clouds, but he was about to be 6 feet underground if he opened his mouth once again.

The sound of his voice made me want to take a rope willingly and tie it at the top of the staircase banter. The drenching sound made me want to slice my wrist directly in the middle.

Not to be emo or anything but that sounded like the best idea to escape this nightmare in the making.

"Why does she have to be referred as a black girl? She's just like everyone else. You could just say her name." I rolled my eyes from frustration.

"And that is?" Joshua asked as I tensed up.

I just shook my head before looking out of the window. Emily reached over and placed her hand on my thigh for comfort.

"Her names Delilah Quinn, Daughter of Rorey and Genevieve, sister of Avery and Carter Quinn, and Best friend of Alona Martin." My brother said as if he was a computer generator.

Zackery gasped, "Alona Martin? Like the co-captain of the cheer team? She's the hottest girl in school."

I rolled my eyes before glancing back at zackery,

"I'd like to believe I was the hottest girl at school." I joked,

"Yes, honey bun. You are the hottest girl at our school." Emily says as she blows me a kiss before focusing on the road.

Joshua groaned, "You two are fucking disgusting. I for one think Delilah is the hottest girl at school. I mean, I've never seen such a women. Her skin is the definition of smooth. I mean her skin has such an healthy. Her complexion was even-toned and clear but the melanin makes it even better. I mean I need to know her skincare routine because wow does that women have vibrant skin."

I felt so disgusted hearing him rant on and on about someone he doesn't even know.

Sure Quinn had an flawless amount of healthy skin but she was no different from the others. I mean, she was quite a nobody. Why would someone like him; Basketball player; be interested in someone that doesn't even participate in things like that.

It was useless when she wouldn't ever pay him any attention. Hell, I was surprised and taken back at what has happened in the matter of the day. First she almost kills me and then she argues with me?

What next? She was going to kill me? I would hope so, it'll make my life a whole lot better and gets a whole lot worse. Not that I want that for her.

I don't know what the hell was going on with my mind, it was all over the place.

"You could add that to your hit list." Zackery pointed out with I could only assume a smirk.

"Hit list? You guys are dirty." I rolled my eyes.

Emily gave my thigh a tight squeeze before smiling over at me weirdly. It gave a look that told me it was okay and that they were just being boys but it didn't feel right.

Hit list? Why would someone in there right mind, make a hit list? That had to be some what sexist.

"Lighten up, Rosie. You were on the hit list for Joshua not to long ago until I told him you were a lesbian."

Joshua snickered, "and I still would have smashed." He muttered as if the whole car didn't hear.

Emily shook her head before she held my hand because she knew I would rage and that I was on the verge of killing him.

"Watch your mouth speaking to her, you're starting to get disrespectful, Josh." Zackery spoke up as we arrived in front of his house.

"Whatever, on Monday we are making a summer list of who we are going to fuck. I want Delilah on my list." He said smiling as he got out the car.

I shook my head, "She wouldn't go for it. She's like a virgin or something." I assured not really knowing myself.

He shrugged, "Yeah, well I could still fuck her. Just make her feel special and then take her out...after that, she'll be all over me."

I clenched my jaw. I had no business in caring what was going on in Delilah's life but he was a fucking jerk. I would never let a guy talk about any girl like that.

Delilah wasn't special at all. She just happened to be the victim in this road raging conversation.

"Drive. I don't want to hear another word from this fool." I told Emily.

"Oh relax, Rosie-"

"The name's Rosalie Cartier, Bitch. Get it right." I rolled my eyes before clenching my jaw once again.

Emily then drove off and Zackery bursted into laughter. He was enjoying himself back there and I was getting annoyed.

"You think that's funny? Do you know how offense that is?" I asked him,

Zackery just raised his hands in surrender, "I don't know Rosie, it seems to me like Delilah is more of your girlfriend than Emily. Too bad she's straight."

I scoffed before rolling my eyes, "Oh please, I'm married." I intertwined Emily and I hands.

I raised our hands up together and looked back at him with a smirk. He just gave me a knowing look before turning to face the window.

It was a little weird considering I didn't know what his face expression read but I just glanced at my now sleeping brother and then towards the road in front of me.

-

Emily dropped Zackery off at his house first and then we went towards my house as she dropped my brother and I off.

  "I'll see you on Monday, I have an therapy session with my father tomorrow and then I'm going shopping with my aunts so I won't be able to spend the weekend with you but I'll text." She assured me with a smile before I leaned down and kissed her softly.

I smiled at her before kissing her cheek and then walked off with my brother and then into the house.

There I found my mother and Step-father in the living room watching tv. They were supposed to be at work; that was the whole purpose of me picking up Samuel but I guess they had plans of their own.

  "Hey guys, did you have a fun day?" My father asked my brother and I curiously,

  "Yeah, it was fun at Carter's house. He says that he wants to have another play date, next weekend. Can I go dad? Please?" My brother begged,

My step-father nodded agreeing as my mother looked over at me strangely. She could tell I had something to say. That was how close our bond was.

  "What's wrong, Rosie?" My mother asked me curiously.

  "I kind of told Carter's older sister that we were to never see that family again."

My mother sat up as she looked at me in anger. She looked at me as if I just done the worse thing in history of things. Like I was a disappointment for just one silly thing that can be fixed.

She always looked at me like that. Every since my real father died.

  "You did what? Do you know the break that your father and I get? It's hard dealing with 2 jobs and then having to deal with a hyper 8 year old and a teenage daughter and her friends." My mother spat out.

I gulped seeming a little scared but I wasn't. I then turned away from her,

  "He's not my father, and if you asked me to help them I would. You act like I'm helpless." I mutter,

  "Well, you act like it." She says.

I sighed before walking off and up to my room. I didn't have time for an argument with my mother and I damn sure didn't have time for Mr. Stepdad to jump into my conversation trying to tell me what to do as if he was any father figure to me.

He was nothing, all he did was come here and sleep with my mother. Drink beer and watch tv. After that he left for work and didn't come back until he wanted to.

Honestly he was just a quick fuck that my mother had lying around when she needed. It was dumb and messy of her but there was no telling her what to do. That only ended in argument and abuse. Nothing new though.

When I got to my room, I took out my laptop and some of my homework. The only way I was getting out of this house was through education. With the way my school play's basketball and the lack of practice I put into that...I wasn't getting any scholarships.

Hell, I wasn't even sure i'd make it out of high school with anything over a C. That's how bad it was. I mean, I wasn't dumb, or at least I hope I wasn't but school really wasn't my strong suit. I could always ask for help but when raised in a household like this...I tend not to ask for help.

My mother always saw it as a sign of weakness and she'll practically be my own personalized bully.

I mean come on, who compares themselves to their 17 year old daughter? I couldn't wear makeup because I'd look too pretty and she didn't like that.

I couldn't own my own car because apparently I'd think I'm better than everyone and that wasn't the case.

I couldn't smile too much when she was happy because it would start an argument about god only knows what.

It was like living in a prison made for the innocent; or surviving in the wilderness made for animals.

I was just hoping this educational system could get me far away from here.

-

After an hour or so, I was done with my homework. It was a little of a struggle considering my mother came in here asking why Sammy smelled like weed and I had to explain the whole thing to her.

She ranted on about how I acted and how I was being a delinquent and blah, blah, blah. It was nothing new with her. But I managed to get all my things done and even a shower.

Once I got out I had got an text from Emily telling me she was going to sleep and that she hoped I would dream well and of her.

I smiled at the text before clicking it off. I was going to place it down and finish getting ready for bed but I got a text from Zackery on instagram.

Usually it would be a reel but it wasn't. It was someone's story. I clicked onto his message and then onto the story. It wasn't until a few seconds into the story that I realized the idiot just made me watch Quinn's story.

I groaned before rolling my eyes, it was nothing I could do now. She would see that I looked at her story and think I'm stalking her or something.

Zackery knew what he was doing and he was being an ass about it.

I swiped off her story ready to reply to him telling him off but he sent me another story. This time being Alona's story. 

When I clicked on it, it was a photo collage of a Disney movie and Alona and Delilah together with the flash on so their eyes were noticeable.

It took me by surprise because I'd never seen such a beautiful color. It was ordinary, sure. Other people had the same eye color, sure; but with her skin to match the Hazel of her eyes...it brought out my favorite feeling. Warmth.

I clicked off the story before clicking my phone off and my eyes widened in terror. I was admiring her? Of all people? Her?

I felt disgusted.

My phone lit up again with Zackery sending the laughing emoji and replying along the lines: They're so hot.

I shook my head before clicking onto Emily's message and replying to her message.

I love you so much, have the sweetest dreams.

My fingers hovered over the send button with guilt. I was in trouble; didn't know why I was in trouble but my gut knew.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1M 253K 96
RANKED #1 CUTE #1 COMEDY-ROMANCE #2 YOUNG ADULT #2 BOLLYWOOD #2 LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT #3 PASSION #7 COMEDY-DRAMA #9 LOVE P.S - Do let me know if you...
64.4K 2K 16
[OMEGAVERSE AU] COMPLETEDβ˜‘οΈ ‼️PART 2 OF "Waiting" IS PUBLISHED‼️ Arranged marriages never go well. Law ran away the day of their wedding to be with...
376K 9.5K 40
Two teenage hot heads who despise each other for who knows what have a few run ins. With the universe constantly bringing them together, they have no...
7.1K 193 24
Not everyone knows how to save themselves. Some are victims to their own mind. Lottie Folkweather knew that all too well, as hard as she tried she ne...