Poisoned Game

By PeytonHazzard

Delilah Quinn Daughter of one of the worlds best authors and adoptive daughter of one of the most powerful B... More

CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY

CHAPTER TWO

3.4K 83 6
By PeytonHazzard

—Delilah Quinn—

Arriving home was the easiest part of my day. I just had to get ready for a shower, order some food for the night, and then relax with Alona for the rest of the time being.

When I got there, my little brother was there in the living room with 2 of his friends; Arlo Monreal and Samuel Cartier.

Samuel was Rosalie's little brother, he was a hot head, I'd say they had the same shirt tempter.

My brother, Carter, looked over towards me and smiled before turning the tv off before deciding to run over to hug Alona and I.

This was a daily tradition for my brother and I. Our parents made sure we maintained a great sibling-relationship because of the way our mother's siblings treated them; well, besides my auntie Blair, she was was coolest of them all.

"How was your day at school, Carter?" I asked him as he pulled away from the hug.

I placed my bag down as Alona placed her jacket on the coat rack. She seemed a little bored at the interaction but I know she would never fully say it.

Carter glanced over towards his friends as Samuel seemed to snicker at how affectionate my brother was being towards me. I glared at him before his eyes widened and he turned away like the sissies he was.

I hope he wasn't bullying my brother because a word with his sister was already on my bucket list.

"Sammy! Stop acting like you don't have any sense, or I'll tattle to your mom." Alona says before Carter looked at her and gave her a huge smile. He looked at me as his smile faded a little.

My brother knew I hated when he hung around such bullies but there was nothing I could really say about that. He'll just have to learn that for himself.

  "CARTER? DID YOUR SISTERS ARRIVE YET?"

I heard my mother yell from the kitchen. She must have been stress baking. That's what she always did when her book publishing—and writing—didn't go so well.

  "I'M HERE MOM!" I yelled before I walked into the kitchen with Alona following right after me.

I sat at the counter chairs as Alona sat next to me with her phone in her hands. My best guess was that she was texting her new boyfriend she had recently got.

My opinion on the two? She could do much better; but as her best friend I was here to support her and her activities. If a bum was what she wanted to marry then I guess that'll have to do.

All I knew was that my nieces and nephews will be taken much cared for.

  "Good afternoon, Auntie Gen." Alona says as she placed her phone down and smiled towards my mother.

Although we weren't blood related, Alona always felt like a sister to me. I would say like the sister I've never had but that would be a lie.

I rolled my eyes at Alona before getting up to get me a water. That was the only thing that was going to save me from the rest of this afternoon.

  "Good afternoon, Lonie. How's your mother's doing? I heard Andrea is taking the big lead for the BMMC CEO again."

My mother took a tray of cookies out of the oven before placing them down right in front of Alona and I.

  Alona groaned, "I don't even want hear the words BMMC and CEO again. My mothers won't stop arguing about it." Alona pointed out.

I frowned before pulling her over to give her a quick side hug,

  "Aw, I'm sorry." I muttered to her before giving her a quick kiss on her forehead.

  "It's fine. After the whole ceremony goes over then I could be the focus of attention again. Which is even worse because then I can't get into much trouble now."

My mother chuckled a bit before she started her next batch of cookies. I rolled my eyes at Alona's comment; once again.

  "So, you're really stressing baking?" I asked my mother,

Alona glanced over at me and rolled her eyes before scoffing in frustration,

  "No, she's just pulling the cookies out of her ass." Alona shook her head in disbelief.

My mother on the other hand was trying her best not to let a smile break on her face because she knew that Alona had what they called; a potty mouth.

Before I could even say another towards my best friend's shitty attitude, the house door opened before the sound of it slamming shut came visible to my ears.

Without much of a warning, My mother, Rorey, walked in along with my sister, Avery.

Rorey as everyone would call her was my adoptive mother. My mother, Genevieve and her agreed on children 17 years ago and I was made. Then 8 years after that was my two hard headed twin siblings; Avery and Carter.

Around here, we called my adoptive mother nothing less than what my biological mother was. We just referred to them differently,

"Hey lilah," My mom says as she walks over to kiss me on my head and give Alona a fist bump.

"Hi mom." I say with a smile before my sister walks up to me and snatches my water bottle.

I looked at her weirdly before she proceeded to drink every bit of water I had left in that bottle. She finished off with a smile before placing it back down in front of me,

"That was refreshing." Avery says before she turned around to walk away,

Alona shook her head before getting up and stopping Avery in her tracks,

"Go throw it away." Alona tells her,

My mothers seemed a little too busy with each other to even care about what was going on between Avery and her attitude today.

"I don't wanna." Avery assures before crossing her arms, "I had a long day of school and practice, you think I want to throw away her trash?"

Alona kneels down to reach eye level with my sister before glaring at her,

"You go throw that away or I'm going to shove that bottle so far down your throat that the turtles might be the least of America's problems." Alona assured as Avery rolled her eyes.

Avery sighed dramatically before storming over to grab the plastic bottle and then going over to throw it away.

She gave me a look of the evil before rolling her eyes and storming upstairs.

Alona stood up and reached over to grab a cookie from the tray. She then smiled in victory as she chewed on the cookie,

"I still got it." She muttered; I'm guessing towards herself.

Our attention then was drawn by the sound of my momma's phone. She pulled away from my mom's kiss; disgusting; and she took the mittens off of her hands before raising the phone up to her ear.

I heard some lit muffles but then they started to sound more like a bad incident more than a good one.

By the look on my mother's face, I could tell this wasn't going to go good.

"Okay, we'll be right there." My momma says before she hangs up the phone.

She starts to take off her apron and she looks over at me in worry. I knew things couldn't have been going right. It was even worse when she looked over at Alona. She had never done that in a serious matter; I couldn't even do that in a serious matter.

"Umm, it's Paige. She's suffering through a really bad injury and we need to get over there as fast as we could. We won't be here until Wednesday." My momma explained as my mom looked in terror.

"Is my mom going to be alright?" Alona asked worriedly,

"We don't know yet. That's why we need to get down there and we need to find Andrea."

"So, my mother is in a severe accident and my Maman is no where to be found?" Alona asked in worry, "I have to go with you guys."

Rorey sighed before shaking her head, "if I let you go then Andrea will kill me, so will Paige. As your godmother...I'm going to protect you." Rorey says,

"I don't think trusting someone that my mother has fucked several times, is a good idea when you two seemed a little too close to begin with...how do I know you aren't just sabotaging them?" Alona asked,

My jaw dropped to the ground, I didn't expect such words to leave Alona's mouth. She wasn't the type to say anything like this...which made me wonder more.

Even my momma's jaw was gone. That was quite the unexpected.

"Alona! You will not disrespect me, I want both of your mother's to be safe. I will not put your life at risk because you want to be a freaking hot head. I'll keep you updated but after everything is fine...we will be having a talk about that potty mouth you have."

My mom was furious. I've never seen her serious at all. I mean, no offense to her but she was such a joke...nothing with her was serious.

This was all a little entertaining, "I will watch the boys until their parents come and pick them up, I'll order some food for the twins and have them to sleep by 10 and the house will stay clean. Come Monday, I will have them ready and up on time for school. It'll be like you never left and you can just focus on helping Auntie Paige." I assured towards both my mothers.

They nodded before they moved in a fast blur. They left as fast as ever. I turned towards Alona as she seemed to be letting out a river of tears. No pun intended.

I got up from where I was and pulled her in for a hug as she seemed to hold onto me tighter. She was going through it right now and I was going to be here for her. No matter what the circumstances was looking like.

I pulled her away from the hug and I cupped her face before wiping the tears from her eyes,

"You go up to my room, I'll figure out how to get the boys to settle along with Avery...after that I'll bring you a tub of ice cream and we can take your mind off of everything." I assured before reaching up on my tippy toes and leaving a small kiss on her head.

She sighed as I could feel her body grow less tensed a bit. She nodded before sniffling a little and carrying on her way upstairs.

I sighed before walking into the living room where the boys were,

"Okay, when are your parents coming to pick you guys up?" I asked them,

Arlo turned over towards me first and he smiled,

"My grandma, Kendall is coming to pick me up."

Sammy on the other hand was just taking a booger out his nose when he looked over towards me. He grinned as he wiped it on the couch.

Fucking disgusting.

"My parents are going to be at work, so my sister is being forced to come pick me up with her girlfriend."

I raised my eyebrow. Rosalie had a girlfriend? Since when? She was like the straightest person I've ever met.

"Girlfriend? Who's her girlfriend?" I asked,

He scrunched his nose, "Emily...like that hot cheerleader from your school. My dorky ass sister couldn't handle that."

I gasped, "I'm sorry, I don't know what goes on in your household but you are far too young to be exposed to language like that."

Carter looked at me in horror, as if he was scared of his own friends words,

"Alright, you guys just keep quiet until your family comes and pick you up and I better not hear any fighting." I say before going over towards the stairs.

-

After about an a hour or two of comforting Alona. She seemed to had went to sleep.

It was best that she did because the more she stayed up, the more she cried. That wasn't a good look for her and it would hurt her head even more.

Once I realized that she was sleep, I got up from the bed and turned the tv off. I then took the empty cartons of ice cream and then I walked pass my sister room to see she was playing a game on her iPad.

I smiled to myself before I walked down the stairs to see all three of the boys asleep with their toys all over the living room floor.

My first instinct was to wake them all up but they seemed peacefully sleep and I rather the peace than the noise.

I just walked into the kitchen to throw away the ice cream before the sound of the door bell filled my ears.

When I got to the door, I opened it revealing Rosalie. Suddenly I didn't know how to operate on words.

"I'm here to pick up, Samuel." She says as she had her eyes glued onto her phone.

"I...I can go get him but he's sleep right about now." She looked up at the sound of my voice.

She looked at me weirdly before nodding. I took that as a sign to go get her brother as she stood in front of my door.

I woke Samuel up as he gave me a little trouble. Eventually, I got him to the door as he looked between Rosalie and I. He grinned before he walked off and towards the car that was on.

Rosalie looked at me mysteriously, "I wanted to thank your mother for watching him." She says,

I pulled my lip into a thin line, "She's not here."

"Okay, well...when will she be here?" She asked,

"Not until a couple more days. Is there anything else that I can help you with?" I asked with my voice going dry.

She shook her head, "No, thank you for watching him. I hope he didn't give you any trouble." She says as she starts to walk off.

"Well, he's your brother. You could only assume how he acted." I say before I backed up to close the door.

She turned around and raised her eyebrow at me.

"What the hell does that mean?" She asked as her voice came off a little furious,

I opened the door a little more and tilted my head at her curiously. Did I say something offense?

"Umm...well, he was a little much...but like brother like sister, I guess."

She crossed her arms and scoffed, "How am I much? You don't even know who I am."

I scratched the back of my head, "Right, sorry." I said before I started to close the door but her noise stopped me again,

"You know what, Quinn. I don't need this. If you are anything like your family then I don't need my brother hanging around judgey people."

"Well, your brother isn't that great either, he has a smart ass mouth and I don't need my brother learning how to talk like he has no sense."

Rosalie scoffed before dropping her arms.

"You know what, Quinn. Fuck you." She flipped me off before storming away and over to the car she arrived in.

I didn't want to come off mean but she started it; or at least I thought she did.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.9K 508 65
You're a new recruit in the Survey Corp with a mission that extends beyond "the sake of humanity". Joining with two childhood friends, you're able to...
307K 7K 45
(This story is the second part of 'I really want you to hate me' You don't have to read the first part to understand this. Feel free to read it witho...
225K 4.8K 23
Isabella, 18 years old, enters Senior Year with an untouched mindset. Her goal is to quickly move past the year without drama, relationships, and ce...
2.9M 190K 89
What will happen when an innocent girl gets trapped in the clutches of a devil mafia? This is the story of Rishabh and Anokhi. Anokhi's life is as...