Mad Love {E. Bridgerton}

By carvoqueen

~Made me say, You know what I like, like, like, like~ ~ I'm alright on my own, But with you I'm in the zone~ ... More

Aesthetic
Music
Graphics
Prologue
I. Silent as a cat
II. Annoying, Prudes, Ugly, Devilish?
III. Brainless Brooding Mare
V. Blue Velvet
VI. Nuclear
VII. Mad Women
VIII. Flickering Flames
IX. Rotten Feathers
X. Bridgerton Challenges
XI. Emerald Lovers
XII. Lucid Night
XIII. Hearts and Flowers
IXV. Promising Threats
XV. Dove White
XVI. I do.... Not
XVII. Heavens falling
XVIII. Forever and Always
IXX. Runaway Arters
XX. Accidental Space
XXI. Heavy wears the Crowns
XXII. Queen of Love

IV. Emerald Women

3K 119 2
By carvoqueen

Arthur watches as his sister fixes her crown on her head. It was their aunts idea for the crowns as it matched their black lace and champagne look.

Charlotte sighs, finally getting the crown to settle on her head without messing with her hair.

"You look lovely, sister. Now we must make haste before Auntie scolds us." Arthur rushes his sister only receiving her looking at him weirdly.

"Are you sick or something?" She teases him, reaching up to check his forehead but he playfully slaps her hand away.

"You wish, now come on." He holds his arm out for her, leading them towards their carriage. Having their personal black stallions lead it while the carriage was champagne with gold laced on it.

They were gifted their horses on their 10 and 3rd named day, the horses were just colts, twins also. Arthur had named his, the female, Velvet. As she was slick and had a nice coating.

Charlotte had named hers, the male, Black Beauty. He was a bit bigger than his sister but he had Charlottes stubborn nature while Velvet took after Arthur's calm nature.

They arrived in front of the palace. As they entered the room, they once again gained everyone's undecided attention but the twins kept their head high and didn't look at them, just as they were taught by their governess.

Walking to their aunt, they boy slightly, in more of a joking manner before she kissed them both on the cheeks.

"You both look heavenly. I knew I made the right choice with the crowns, have I not?" Their Queen aunt asks the ladies behind her, who copied the queens look down ti the very wig and held all her dogs.

The ladies began spewing compliments at the twins making them blush at the attention.

"You look rather lovely, Auntie." Arthur smiles fondly at his aunt. "You look beautiful, Aunt. Like an angel." Charlotte compliments her name sake, giving her a cheeky smile as her aunt smiled fondly at their competiciones.

The Queen is was one who got annoyed at child like behaviors but when it came to her niece and nephew, they reminded her too much of her dear George. She rather enjoyed it, thinking her kids, if they were alive, would they be just like them, taking after George all the way.

The twins stood to the Queens left and Brimsly stood to the right. He was like their other uncle, he often played with them as children, taught them to bake and dance.

"You look beautiful, Brimsly." Charlotte compliments him, making him smile at them fondly. He loved them as if they were his own.

"Nothing compared to you, little lady." He winks at her making her smirk cheekily, find of the nickname he gave her when she was just a mere babe.

They turned their attention back to the ladies who all wore plain champion with barely any design, hoping to impress the queen.

Charlotte and Arthur watches as their aunt looks bored at the ladies, simply not finding her diamond.

"You would think they would get the memo, that copying her won't impress her." Arthur whispers to his twin, bending down slightly.

"In my dear ghosts word. They tend to be 'brainless brooding mares' with no thoughts for themselves." She snickers back, making her twin laugh slightly but cover it with a cough as he gains his aunts attention.

Charlotte smiles at Penelope as her mother presents her and her sisters to the queen. Charlotte waves slightly but Penelope does not look at her, making Charlotte furrow her eyes as to why it seemed that Penelope did not like her.

"I do hope you are finding everything in town to your satisfaction." Her aunt tells the Sharma sisters, making the twins wince slightly as they know her tone of voice well.

"Sister, would you care for a dance?" Arthur asks him, not wanting to be present at the conversation that seemed to become very awkward.

"I thought you may never ask!" Charlotte takes his arm, a fake smile on her face as her brother leads her tot he dance floor.

"Wonder what they did to get that from our aunt." Charlotte mumbles as her brother twirls her around. "Might be with what Lady Danbury is saying to our beloved auntie." Arthur reply's as they watch her speak closely to their aunt.

A small gasp leaves Charlottes mouth as she sees Eloise with her family descending down the stairs. Her dresses a light grey blue with a floral glitter patterned, a tiara on her head.

Arthur turns to see what his twin was having at but his breathe got caught in his throat as he sees Benedict descending down the stairs too. Looking rather dashing in his suit, as it certainly did him justice.

"We are lost souls." Charlotte sighs, eyeing Eloise. "It doesn't feel like a bad thing." Arthur replies.

"I don't think it is." Charlotte mumbles back as she watches Eloise pay her respects to the queen.

"We must look like creeps, come let's get some lemonade." Arthur suggests, leading them to the table.

"Hopefully it's spiked, because I don't think I can survive the night without down right staring at my ghost." Charlottes comments, filling herself a cup of lemonade.

"Damnit." She curses under her breath when she tastes zero alcohol. Arthur chuckles at her, although agreeing.

"I have an idea." Charlotte thinks out loud, a small smirk on her face. Argue sighs knowing it's gonna get them in trouble one way or another.

"oh hush." Charlotte playfully slaps his shoulder. "I want you to ask my ghost to dance and I'll ask yours, that way we can see what they think about us." Charlotte informs him but he looks at her spectacularly.

"That's not all is it?" He raises an eyebrow at her but she feigns innocents. "Do you always assume I have another motive to everything brother?"

"Yes. Because you do. You think ahead, everything you do has a double side." He calls her out, making her sigh in defeat.

"Fine I do, but this one I cannot tell you, it's just an theory. And you will know in due time." She tells him, putting down her lemonade as Eloise talk the queen with her family.

"Now it's you who must make haste." She tells him as they walk over to them.

"Uh, it is a delightful ball, Your Majesty. It's very diamond-y." Eloise spews out as her mother pushes her forward.

"I picked the theme myself, why thank you." Charlotte smiles at her, making Eloise look at her and her twin for the first time that night.

"Although I must admit, I'm more of an emerald person myself." Eloise smirks at her, making Charlotte fond over her more.

The queen starts laughing, the twins joining slightly, all three holding smiles, for all different reasons. One of fondness, one of admiration and one of amusement.

"Oh, dear" The Queen laughs, finding it amusing. Eloise and her family looks a bit worried.

"My favorite necklace is one of emeralds. How thoughtful of you to know that." The queen says while Eloise has a face of regret.

Charlotte couldn't help the grin that took over her face, it seemed impossible for her to try and get it off.

"It seems, you have indeed come a long way since last year, Miss Bridgerton." The queen comments, looking rather pleased.

Eloise hesitantly chuckles quietly as the family bows to the queen, departing.

Charlotte and Arthur stop them from leaving. "You look rather lovely Eloise and you dashing Benedict." Charlotte compliments them both.

"As do you, your Grace." Benedict returns the compliment while Eloise rolls her eyes.

"I do believe it's rather polite to return a compliment, Eloise ." Charlotte teases her but Eloise rolls her eyes fondly.

"If I did then your head would get too big for your crown." Eloise comments, receiving a baffling look from her mother but Charlotte only gasps.

"You are very right on that, Miss Bridgerton." Arthur agrees form behind his sister making her gasp even more. "Since you two decide to bully me, Benedict would you occupy me to dance?" Charlotte asks the second eldest Bridgerton.

"It would be my pleasure, your majesty." Benedict bows before taking her offering hand, leading them to the dance floor.

"You do not have to be so formal with me, Benedict. You can call me Arlo." She tells him, a friendly smile on her face.

"Then I insist you call me Ben." He returns the gesture, before twirling her and bringing her back to his arms. Looking over her shoulder to see Arthur dancing with his baby sister.

"It seems your brother took a liking to my sister." Benedict points out making Charlotte look over at the smiling pair.

"More of a friendly way, I assure you. Eloise is not Arthur's type in any way." Charlotte comments. Benedict let's out a small sigh of relief, nto sure why but her comment set him to ease, he just brushed it off as him being over protective of his favorite sibling.

Charlotte smiles at the fact, knowing that it was a sign Benedict likes her brother in more ways than friendly. Although she doubts he knows it.

"What is his type?" Benedict asks before his eyes widen. "Not that I care or anything."

"Ben, it's fine. Although he likes people with strong morals, who are calm, patient, not so hot headed." She tells him, vaguely describing him but she doubt he got it, which like her aunt, she was anyways right.

Benedict unconsciously smiles unaware of the knowing look the crowned Princess was giving him.

______________________________

"Chocolate chips!" Charlotte exclaims excitedly, going to get a few off the table as she over hears a conversation partake between Eloise and other girls.

"Eloise Bridgerton. The diamond." A blonde stuck up girl says. An obvious fake smirk on her face.

Charlotte perks up, walking behind Eloise, eating her cookie silently.

"Perhaps now you might as top spending time with insipid wallflowers all evening and refine your circle of friends. I may have an opening-." She is cut off by Eloise, as Penelope sighs at the insult.

"I would rather die." Eloise stats, making Penelope almost choke on her drink at the level of her time.

"I think 'insipid wallflowers' are much cooler and prettier than boring and plain weeds that seem to infest and poison everything around them." Charlotte speaks up, scaring Eloise as always as her tone is stern and her glare cold.

Charlotte no tolerance for people who were mean for no reason, to try and boost and use other people for their benefit. She had a zero tolerance.

The girls look at the crowned princess shocked, as her voice is laced with venom. She hold out her arm for Eloise to take and Penelope, walking away with them, her cookies long gone.

"I had that." Eloise glares at the princess. "Sorry darling but I have a zero tolerance for vial people, and they seemed rotten." Charlotte apologies, as Penelope sends her a small smile, the princess didn't seem as spoiled as she thought.

"You didn't need to step in, but thank you." Eloise sighs, making Charlotte smile. "Yes be thankful. As I gave up my cookies for that." Charlotte complains to her, her voice full of sadness.

"Are you truly upset over cookies?" Eloise asks her baffled. Charlotte only puts in a serious face. "I take cookies very seriously, I shall leave if you insult my cookies."

Charlotte fakes leaving but Eloise tighten sheer hold on the princesses arm, pulling her back. "I shall not insult cookies then." Eloise sighs, trying not to seem to unhappy at Charlotte threatening to leave.

"Fine, I'll stay, only because you begged me too." Charlotte exaggerates, making Eloise glare at her and Penelope giggle.

"I did not beg you." Eloise defends herself but Charlotte only shakes her head. "Too late, I'm telling everyone."

"Then I shall tell them that you are fibbing." Eloise smirks back.

"I doubt they will believe that." Charlotte raises her eyebrow, provoking the Bridgerton more. "Oh they will." Eloise smiles before walking away with Penelope, leaving Charlotte behind, smiling.

"You look like an idiot." Arthur walks over to his sister. "If I look like an idiot, thank you must look like a clown." Charlotte fired back, both walking.

"Aunt says it's time for us to retire to our chambers, something about wanting to leave the ton guessing about us and lady Whistledown away from us." Arthur informs her making Charlotte hum.

"Then we shall leave." She stays, leading them to the exit.

______________________________

Charlotte sighs as she lays under her sun roof with her brother. It was her garden room and his art studio.

She looks over him and saw him sketching his ghost. "Do you think we will have the illness as our uncle does?" Charlotte asks him, her eyebrows furrowed.

"Im not sure, but if we do, I'll be with you every step of the way. We were grown together, we will be delusional together." Arthur tells her, studying her face.

"I love you Georgie." Charlotte closes her eyes. "I love you too Allie." He smiles fondly at her before returning to his sketch.

______________________________

I love these twins so much. Also do you guys want me to write chapters from Arthur's point of view for him and Benedict?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.9K 285 12
"My heart ached for her when she wasn't near, but it skipped a beat when I saw her." It is Elizabeth Johnston's second debutante, she finds it press...
50.4K 975 20
After a night of wonder under flowers and fireworks, Penelope Featherington thought she was on top of the world. Things seemed to go perfectly for on...
7.3K 124 11
π‘ͺ𝒂𝒏 𝑰 π’ˆπ’ π’˜π’‰π’†π’“π’† π’šπ’π’– π’ˆπ’? π‘ͺ𝒂𝒏 π’˜π’† π’‚π’π’˜π’‚π’šπ’” 𝒃𝒆 π’•π’‰π’Šπ’” 𝒄𝒍𝒐𝒔𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓? 𝑨𝒏𝒅 𝒂𝒉, π’•π’‚π’Œπ’† π’Žπ’† οΏ½...
162K 3K 24
I have known the Bridgertons for most my life. Daphne is my best friend and the closest to a sister I will ever have. Being the only child isn't just...