The Bad Batch: A Heart-breaki...

By betheyes

One of the batchers has been acting strange according to Omega but the brothers don't acknowledge it. So Omeg... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60 - Final Chapter

Chapter 47

26 0 0
By betheyes

Hours later…

That insane beeping noise was back but why? Last he checked he was with Kix and Tech, what happened?

“Looks like sleeping beauty definitely needs a loyalty card” 

That was Fives, what was happening? He was so confused as he opened his eyes only to meet the eyes of concerned family members. 

“What?” 

“Easy Tris” Hunter whispered, helping Crosshair into a seated position. 

“What happened?” Crosshair asked, turning to Fives who could only wince moving slightly to allow Tech to pass. The engineer moved to pull his brother close. 

“You collapsed, you have very low blood sugar levels and you had an allergic reaction to the medication you had taken this morning. Despite it being a good couple of hours ago, it took a bit of stress and the low blood sugar for the allergy to kick in. The doctors had to perform a couple of scans, the cancer has spread, I’m sorry Tris” Tech whispered, kissing his brother's forehead.

Two weeks later…

"Tris, please calm down. The doctors said he was fine, he just had an odd beat in his heart rhythm" Fives tried to reassure his younger partner who was trying his hardest not to pace back and forward. Echo smiled watching Fives try and calm Crosshair while Hunter was speaking with the doctor with Kix. The man everyone was constantly worrying about had caved in to taking his painkillers but that didn't mean he allowed many pills, instead the Ryker siblings had found ways around it. 

Howzer and Wolffe had argued with the officers of Law enforcement about Kix staying but in the end they lost out. Howzer was gutted, he was intending to move the wedding venue when Ahsoka called Cody and spoke about the case. The older man had taken all her word into it and decided on something else which ended up being agreed since the older man needed a break. 

In Kix's place, Cody took the banishment. He didn't mind as he needed to find himself again. Obi-wan was in utter shock at his ex-lover, yes they were taking a break. Cody just needed time and Obi-wan had taken a long time to realise. So for the rest of the month Cody was home but he would vanish in a few days. He claimed it was his sacrifice as he felt like he deserved it. The others had yet to know about the arrangements, Jesse was going to tell them when Tech's brain surgery got in the way and decided against it.

"When will he wake?" Hunter questioned the doctor who sighed, explaining that these things take time. Wrecker had to visibly pull Hunter away from the doctors apologising while Kix spoke with them understanding their technobabble as Echo put it. 

After a good half an hour, Kix walked away from the medical health professionals and over to the worried family members. 

"So?" Wrecker looked up at Kix who sighed. 

"Physically he is fine. Mentally they won't know until he wakes up. It's a miracle he has lived this long with this tumour. He isn't out of danger but he will have to be careful and not do much when he wakes up so your jobs is to make sure he doesn't over do it" 

"That was a whole lot of information and not a lot of sense…" Hunter muttered, earning himself a slap from Fives who grinned as he did it. 

Kix sighed, "Tech will be fine, there are no dangers to his health as of yet. Just have faith…I need some fresh air" Kix said, walking out of the door. He was hunched over a little as he blinked back tears only to reach the outside of the private hospital. Noticing a bench, he sat down on it and took a deep breath. Feeling the air assault his lungs, he breathed deeply only to cough again. Tears brimmed the corners of his eyes but he had to keep going otherwise he would pass out. 

"Hey, shh. Deep breaths. Count to ten with me…I've got you" 

Kix focused on the humming he could hear as he was pressed against someone's chest. His vision was blurring but he had to focus, after a good ten minutes. He pulled away only to see a worried Wolffe looking down at him. 

"Thanks" 

"Your welcome, I don't think Howzer would appreciate me, leaving you in this state" Wolffe whispered, taking a seat beside his almost brother-in-law. 

"Did Cody tell you?" Kix turned to Wolffe who nodded, "Do you think it's fair?" Wolffe asked this time around. 

"Not really but life ain't fair. Maybe it's just what Cody needs. I know me and Jess are still moving. We need a change in environment and Jesse can't stand to be in the same room as Rex but has agreed to behave for your wedding" Kix explained, leaning into Wolffe a little. The older man held a steady hand to the younger man's back.

"So, who's walking down the aisle?" Kix wondered out loud, Wolffe only smirked. 

"Fox volunteered to walk your brother down the aisle since I wasn't going to dare but Hound beat him to it. As much as Howzer moans and groans about it, I know he has always wanted to" Wolffe whispered, pulling Kix closer as he shivered. 

"Now, want to tell me about what's on your mind. I've sent Howzer a text to say I will be out with you and not to worry. So let's go for a walk, my car's down near the beach" Wolffe said, while offering Kix his jacket. Kix took it wrapping up warm as he followed after Wolffe like a lost pup, the older man smiled grabbing his phone as he tended to lose it now and then. 

Elsewhere…

Oh god, did his head hurt and yet he pushed through the pain to open his eyes to the world of white. He panicked slightly when all he saw was a white ceiling, the first thought came to mind. He had died? However that was quickly shoved away when he heard what sounded like bickering.

Blinking awake, he caught sight of Fives and Wrecker playing what looked like a game of cards. Beside him he felt shifting, which turned his attention to Echo who had his head in his hands while he slept half on the bed, half in the chair. 

"Fives, grab Tris' nasal oxygen please" Hunter's voice floated across the room. Tech frowned, since when did Tristan have his oxygen back. Suddenly, it clicked, his eyes widened especially when they connected with blue ones. 

"Would you look at that, Techs awake" Fives teaser had Echo awake in the blink of an eye and all attention turned to the man on the bed. Tech met the eyes of the one he loved so much, the golden brown of Echo's connected with his hazel ones. Tech didn't even try to talk as doctors and nurses came into view, having worked in medical. He answered all of their questions with perfect precision. Soon he was left with his family again. 

Echo was there to help him sit up while the others grinned at him. Tech smirked from his place in Echo's arms as he looked around the room. Wrecker and Fives were at the bottom of his bed while on the left was Hunter who had a sleeping Crosshair in his lap, his twin hadn't stirred much but Tech couldn't blame him as it looked like Crosshair needed the rest. 

"How long was I out?" Tech asked, Fives could only grin as he turned to Wrecker who spoke, "A week, your tumour free, how do you feel?" His happy tone made the engineer smile. 

"I'm alright, but I'm gathering that's the medication I'm on" Tech said, his voice a little dry as he sipped the water provided by Echo who kissed his head. 

"Good, well you have a good week of recovering before the wedding…" Fives grinned as he spoke. Tech could only smile back leaning into Echo, his eyes drifted close as they landed on his twin. Hunter was adjusting the nasal mask just as his eyes closed.

"Paps? When will dad wake" 

Hearing his daughter, Tech woke to see Hera and Omega at the side of his bed. He blinked only to smile catching their eyes, Echo was still holding him talking in a whisper to Fives who now had Crosshair in his lap. Hunter was nowhere in sight and neither was Wrecker. 

“Echo, where’s father gone?” Omega asked, only for Hera to glare at her as her paps hadn’t answered her question. 

“Omega, your father and Wrecker have gone to pick the twins and Casey up. Before, coming back to grab your dad and papa while Hera, I told you earlier. We need to wait, the doctors did say, he would be kept overnight to be monitored and then he can come home in a few days depending on his test results” Echo explained, running a hand of frustration down his face. He shared a look with Fives who nodded. 

“Girls, how about a game of switch. Let’s see if you can beat me” Fives said with a grin, handing out the cards to the girls. 

“Paps, can you sit on the floor with us” Omega asked Fives, who looked down at Crosshair, who was asleep in his lap. Fives looked around until he lifted himself out of the chair only to place Crosshair down on it before he moved to sit on the ground, he made sure to sit against the chair in case his lover moved in his sleep. Echo could only smile watching the way Fives interacted with the girls, he moved to rest a spare blanket under Crosshairs head. The younger man was sleeping a lot lately, it was worrying the others until they found out that Crosshair had been staying up during the night while they all slept and was feeding Casey a lot. So, when they came to the hospital during the day, Crosshair was exhausted. Wrecker immediately scolded Hunter and Fives about shifts on Casey watch knowing Crosshair was paranoid about his youngest’s health.

A few hours passed by when Hunter returned with a smiling Naomi walking beside him, Echo immediately watched the one year old toddle over to the bed and place a small flower on it before she ran for Fives only to hug him. 

“Where’s Colton?” Omega asked, only for the door to open and Wrecker entered with Colton who was sitting on the giant's foot while Casey was missing. 

“Casey is with Sheila, they were out when I got the twins. She’s bringing her here so the doctors could do some tests on her” 

“Why? Is everything alright?” Hera asked. 

“Oh, yes she’s fine. She just needs her injections and Crosshair is the only one who doesn’t end up hitting the doctors or nurses, so he’s the only one allowed in the room” Hunter said with a smile as he watched Naomi give Echo a huge hug. 

“How long has he been asleep?” Hunter turned to Fives who smirked, “Since you left, so four hours”. Hunter could only nod kneeling down in front of his husband, soon to be their husband. 

“He looks sicker than normal, are you sure he’s okay?” Wrecker whispered, his voice carried across the room as one particular worried older brother heard those words. 

“What's wrong with Tris?” Tech’s mumbled voice caught all attention as Echo looked down at his husband with a smile. 

“He’s okay, just his last round of treatment knocked him out. His body is fighting cancer double-time, he’s just exhausted. Now, enough about him. How are you feeling?” Echo answered, he received a pointed look from Tech leaving them all smiling as Echo helped him sit up. 

“Sore, I think the painkillers have worn off. I’ve got a headache” Tech muttered, his voice low. Echo picked up on it as did the others as Omega and Hera remained in a whisper as they spoke with the engineer. 

A knock on the door switched attention to Sheila who entered with Casey in her buggy. Hunter nodded in thanks as his babbling daughter lifted her arms to be held. Just as Crosshair was waking up, the nurse came into the room to inform Hunter of Casey’s tests. Wrecker found himself accompanying Crosshair and Casey, since Hunter and Fives were banned from any appointments with Dr Helix, a family friend of Kix who was Kix’s doctor. 

“I can’t believe, you two managed to get banned from a certain part of the hospital” Echo teased with a smile, Fives only grinned while Hunter tried not to pace so instead he found himself helping Naomi colour in while Colton snuggled into Fives side. The toddler was yawning away while Fives held him tightly. 

Ten minutes passed before Wrecker reappeared looking angry with a yawning Crosshair following him into the room, Casey crying in his arms. Fives immediately took her. 

“I now know why you two are banned” Wrecker exclaimed, just as his phone went off. He left the room answering it. 

“What happened?” Hunter asked, kissing Crosshairs head. His younger husband yawning away. 

“Wrecker, almost broke down the door. Helix banned him and explained that only me, Tech and Echo can take any children to tests” Crosshair whispered, he was struggling to remain awake. He walked over to Tech’s bed, his older brother immediately saw his exhaustion. 

“Go get some sleep Tristan, I will still be here when you wake up. I know you’re worried but I’m not leaving you, neither is dad” Tech whispered, he brought his brother down to kiss his forehead. Crosshair nodded, whispering words of comfort unaware that Hunter and Fives were sharing a shocked look they had been trying to work out what was wrong with their lover. It turns out that Tech was the only one able to, Crosshair was afraid of being abandoned. 

“Night Caleb” 

“Morning Tris” Tech whispered as his brother picked up Colton, while Fives put Casey in her pram. Naomi was asleep in the other seat in the pram. Colton normally would take it but he was gripping his mother tightly. Omega said her goodbyes as she left the hospital room. Wrecker would take Hera back with Echo and Tech once he came back. 

“Fives, keep an eye on him while I go grab his test results from Helix” Hunter whispered, he had already strapped their kids in. Crosshair was snoozing in the front seat while Fives was leaning against the car with Omega who would be travelling in Fives car. 

“Sure, I’m going to message Kix” 

“Good plan, maybe his dad can speak to him and get to the bottom of his doubts” Hunter said, kissing Fives cheek before jogging back into the hospital.

Stay Tuned! Next update should be in a few days or a week (Don't quote me!)
Good News: A new bad batch book is on it's way! I hope you all check it out! :-)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.8K 624 46
Ella is a mandalorian Jedi trying to find her way through this new galaxy after order 66 and she happens to bump into her favourite clones. who knows...
5.4K 146 28
*I do not own any Star Wars characters or the Star Wars storyline, I own my stories and I used a collage app for the cover* The book we've all been w...
145K 4.6K 45
When she was asked to join the Bad Batch she though little to nothing about it. I mean she was a doctor after all and her job was to make sure the cl...
21.7K 1K 35
During the Clone Wars, the Bad Batch is tasked with a variety of missions across the galaxy. An unexpected addition to their team throws a wrench in...