Promise Under The Birch Tree...

By Quillianne

More

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
5 Years Later
Trespassing
Fatigue
Time
Tears
Favor
Guard Academy
Announcement
Why
Truth
Advisor
Fine
Found Out
Confusion or Confession
Poems
Beast
Week Off 1
Week off 2

Wins and Losses

17 1 0
By Quillianne

**THINGS TO KNOW**

(Y/N) - Your Name

(F/C) - Favorite Color

(E/C) - Eye Color

(H/C) - Hair Color

(H/L) - Hair length

(S/C) - Skin Color

~~TIME SKIP~~

"dialog"

'thoughts'

Y/N POV

The back gate along with it's training ground was closed and was said that it was being repaired. Many O'Khasis guards were stationed in the area until it was repaired.

Simon said that someone 'broke in' the castle and destroyed the gate along with the storage room. He and some of his guards will investigate the area and will catch the thief.

"But...?" Zane said.

"They will never find him. I worked all night to trash the place and to remove their scent." I smile proudly at Zane.

Zane stopped looking at the reports I made when he was gone. He sighed loudly and pinched his temples. I leaned closer to Zane.

"What's wrong?"

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Well, it's nothing new. I can cover up almost anything now! Though covering up a murder may be a little hard since a witch can easily use their familiars to find the k-" I rambled but Zane cut me off.

"No, are you okay?" he asked again but since he's not holding his temple, I can see his worried-filled eyes.

I smiled and walked closer to him. He stood up and opened his arms to me. I smiled even bigger, opened my arms and wrap my arms around his waist. He hugged me tightly and I breathe in his scent along with the ink and paper smell.

"You said he almost clawed you. It could've hurt you..." He said softly to me.

"I'm okay, besides, I completely understand why Visher almost clawed me. I held down his wife and hurt her, if someone did that to you, I wouldn't hesitate to cut his throat."

"I would do that for you too." I felt him smile against my neck.

"Just promise me you'll keep yourself safe."

"I promise." I said.

"Really?"

I pulled away from the hug and smiled at him.

"You know I never make promises that I can't keep."

"I know but... there are times when something unexpected happens and what if that takes you from me?" Zane held my hands.

I kiss his hands and he kissed mine.

"I'm scared of what can happen tomorrow but we can't avoid it, we need to face it, and whenever I face it with you, I face it with courage and if something unexpected happens, I will do my best to return to you, even if I come back in two pieces."

"You will come back to me in one." He said.

I smiled and leaned my face to his but he turned his face away, revealing his red ears. I kissed his cheeks instead and his ears became redder. He suddenly scoffed and sat down at his desk.

"Enough of that." He coughed.

"Let's get to what Visher said. 'To open the gate of Nether.' What do you think it means?" He said.

"Exactly as he said. To open the Nether." I said. Zane sighed and sink into his chair.

"We don't even need to think about who would do it. Based on who is the most alarmed about the back area of the castle, we can say that it's Simon." He said.

"But why would he need to open the Nether?"

"Well, as you know, the Nether is where the Shadow lord resides and along with the shadows souls. Some say, like Visher, the Nether is a place of unextinguishable fire some say that it is a place where people that have a strong hatred and greed are taken. "

"Yeah...?" I said.

"Well, some believed that if you manage to survive the Nether, the Shadow lord will grant you a wish."

"Really?!" I asked, fascinated.

"No, it's just a belief that some desperate people hang on to make themselves believe that there is hope for even if it means killing others. I never really believed in the existence of the Shadow lord or Lady Irene. I just became a priest to attain the region's second most powerful position." He said.

"Well, I think having hope is a good thing." I said walking to Zane and he quirked an eyebrow.

"How so?"

"It's a form of motivation to the broken ones, but luckily for me, you're my motivation." I said as I leaned to Zane which made him blush.

I smiled and pulled away my face. I started to tie my sword to my waist and fixed my uniform.

"Patrolling already?"

"No. The head guard informed us to gather in the guard tower. Most likely to discuss what happened in the castle's back area."

"Can you guard me in my sleep again?"

"Sure"

I smiled and left the room.

~~~~

"You are all dismissed." The head guard said.

Every guard stood up and have gone their way. Me and Katelyn walk to her room and she locked the door.

"What did you do?" She suddenly asked.

"What do you mean?" I said.

"At the back area. what did you do?"

"Look, I don't really know what you mean." I said.

"Playing dumb to me will not work out for you."

I slowly walked backwards until my back hit the wall.

"H-how are sure that I was involved in what happened at the back area?" I asked. I cursed at myself for stuttering.

"Based on the evidences there. I know for a fact that it wasn't a thief that entered there. There was no theif in the first place but rather a prisoner, and they were chained. Only a handful of guards and the Jury know that the place was turned into a prison. A prison that can detain even the strongest man with it's heavy chains and thick iron bars. This is where you come in. Somehow the prison bars that was so thick was able to be pulled. However the bars in the prison was pulled apart not pulled away, there are not many people who can do that and even the Jury! But there is someone in the Jury who was given the power of strength."

I think for another excuse but I couldn't. I couldn't tell her that there was a werewolf in the castle! She can cause panic! She got me, but I won't tell her about Visher. I threw my hands up in the air.

"Fine! You got me." I surrender.

"What the heck are you doing?! Freeing prisoners and covering up for them?!" She scolded me.

"Well they were innocent! I wasn't gonna let someone hurt the innocent!"

"Are you really concerned for them or are you just helping Zane win his petty fight?!" Katelyn said with anger in her voice.

"What?" I said bewildered.

"Everyone knows Zane and Simon's petty fight for power and it's getting out of hand!" She raises her voice.

Petty fight? The lives of the innocent were almost lost due to this 'petty fight'?

"This isn't a petty fight, Katelyn. If we let Simon take care of everything, who knows what he will do to O'khas-"

"Then why are you involved? I know that you're obsessed with Zane but , Irene! don't get involved in this! These people have power that can demote you, exile you or worse, have you killed!" Katelyn raises her voice trying not to shout.

"This is not a petty fight, Katelyn! This is a serious matter of life and death of the city!"

"The city?! The CITY?! Are you even hearing yourself, (Y/n)?! The jury might be guards but we are educated people about politics, economy, everything that a village needs was taught to us! You know that (Y/n)"

"Yeah but thi--"

"Everyone is getting annoyed at that master of yours! It was nice when he was just doing his job, but he just had to pick a fight with Simon!" Katelyn raises her hands in frustration.

"Are you blind?! Can't you see what's Simon's doing? He has control of almost everything in this castle! The guards, the Jury, even the lord follows him!" I shouted.

"That's because he is the lord's advisor! Of course he would follow him!" Katelyn said.

"Oh-ho no, don't give me that Katelyn, you know the difference of following an advice to follow orders. Lord Garte was practically bowing his head to Simon at this point!" I pointed my finger at her.

"Whatever the reason for that is none of our business! We don't meddle in their business!" She slapped my hand away.

"I can't believe you! I thought you joined the Jury for the people?! I thought you joined to protect the city?!" I pushed her shoulder.

"Well I can't believe I'm friends with you!"  She shouted.

Our eyes widened

...

I walked towards the door and opened it.

"N-no wait-!"

"I thought you would understand... Guess I was wrong.."

I closed the door loudly.

I walked a little further in the hall and heard something break in her room. Like she punched something.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I opened Zane's door and startled him off his seat.

"(Y/n)! You should knock whenever you--"

I didn't let him finish. I opened my arms and hugged his torso.

"W-wha? (Y/n)?" He said. I could tell by his voice that he was flustered.

I snuggled my face more in his neck.
Zane pulled away from the hug and held my arms.

"Hey... What's wrong?"

I stared for a bit, thinking of what words can I say.

I looked in his eyes and sighed.

"Katelyn sucks"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.1K 378 19
A Zanemau story where Aphmau loses her memory and gets to know a nicer Zane. Based on a dream. -:-:-:-:-:-:- Hello! Just wanted to let you all know t...
16.8K 453 32
"Y-you d-do know that... y-you are th-the be-est sister a-anyone could e-ev-ver ask for." "P-please don't leave me," "We're almost there!" "A-Annie...
5.5K 165 74
⚠️All these characters belong to the wonderful YouTuber Aphmau this is all simply for fun and I hope you enjoy this.⚠️ Just a bunch of oneshots that...
7.1K 110 14
**This story has been discontinued.** This is the sequel to 'The New Wolf Girl On MyStreet' so be sure you read that first!! We started singing. Zan...