Easy - The Girl who Lived For...

By PaigeMcPherson2023

Everyone knows the story of Lily and James Potter. How they were killed by the most feared dark wizard of the... More

Cast
Prologue [EDITED]
Part 1 - Hazza P and the Chamber so Big it's full of Secrets
Shopping with Scarhead [EDITED]
Truth at Hogwarts [EDITED]
Lessons and News Articles [EDITED]
Halloweenie [EDITED]
Making Amends [EDITED]
GRYFFINDOR v SLYTHERIN [EDITED]
Snake Heirs [EDITED]
Petrification [EDITED]
Going Home [EDITED]
Part 2 - Hazza P and the AWhooAHeeAhhHoeHoeHoe
Updated Cast
Summer 1993 -- 1/2
🎶We're off to go to Hogwarts. The Wonderful Hogwarts of Witchcraft and Wizardry🎶
The Flight of the Fat Lady
GRYFFINDOR vs HUFFLEPUFF
🎁🛷🦌🎅🤶🎄Merry Christmas, Jerks 🎄🤶🎅🦌🛷🎁
Zoom Zoom Broom
Blackmailing- I mean Patronus lessons
GRYFFINDOR vs RAVENCLAW
The Attempted Murder of Roonil Wazlib
GRYFFINDOR vs SLYTHERIN
The Night it Ended [PART 1/3]
The Night it Ended [PART 2/3]
The Night it Ended [PART 3/3]
The Aftermath [UPDATED]
Part 3 - Hazza P and the Competition of Death
Updated Cast
Updated Cast
Dreaming of the Riddle House
A/N (Early Parts Editing) and memes
Generous Invitations
Reunion (The Quidditch World Cup [Part 1])
The Game - (The Quidditch World Cup [Part 2])
The Dark Mark - (Quidditch World Cup [Part 3])
Home and Safe and Shopping
Welcome to Hogwarts
The Adventures of Draco Malfoy the Ferret
The Unforgiveable Curses
Beauxbatons and Durmstrang
The Goblet of Fire
The Emotional Support Stuffed Animal and the Miracle Lawyer
The First Task
FCK THE YULE BALL
We Threw A Rager
The Second Task
The Third Task
Graveyard
War
Sequel

Summer 1993 - 2/2

180 9 5
By PaigeMcPherson2023

My room was nice. The bed was cozy, and the bathroom was clean. I fell back onto my bed and fell asleep straight away.

By the time I got up the next morning, Harry was already downstairs. "Hi," I said awkwardly. 

"This is weird, isn't it?" Harry sighed. 

I nodded. "Yeah. I should've brought my money, I'm broke," I groaned. 

"Don't worry, you can take some stuff out of the vault," Harry said. 

"You have a vault!?" I exclaim. 

"Yeah, although technically we have a vault, it was left to the two of us," he corrected. 

Okay, I officially love my family.

They left me and Harry a fortune! I got my own separate vault from Harry's which the goblins had to use my blood to verify my identity before I got the key. I have never had this much money in my life. It is crazy! I had to exercise a lot of self-control not to spend the whole lot of money at once. I had to keep reminding himself that I had six years to go at Hogwarts, as well as years after that.

I ate breakfast with Harry each morning in the Leaky Cauldron, then after breakfast I would go out into the back, take out my wand,tap the third brick from the left above the trash bit, and stand back41as the archway into Diagon Alley opened in the wall. 

I spent the long sunny days exploring the shops and eating under the brightly colored umbrellas outside cafes, where my fellow diners were showing one another their purchases ("it's a lunarscape, old boy - no more messing around with moon charts, see?") or else discussing the case of Sirius Black ("personally, I won't let any of the children out alone until he's back in Azkaban"), which I found incredibly stupid. 

I spent the nights reading my new books, or studying my mother's diaries, which I found incredibly fascinating. I did all my homework in the bright sunshine outside Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlor, finishing all my essays with occasional help from Florean Fortescue himself, who, apart from knowing a great deal about medieval witch burnings, gave me free sundaes every half an hour. 

I had to stop myself from buying things I didn't need, like a handsome set of solid gold Gob stones, and I was sorely tempted, too, by the perfect, moving model of the galaxy in a large glass ball, which would have meant I never had to take another Astronomy lesson, but considering I could get straight full marks in my sleep it wouldn't make a difference. My favourite purchase, however, was a cute Eagle Owl, which was the very first purchase I made. I decided to name my Owl Minerva, after the Roman god of Owls, and Professor McGonagall. I then decided to buy a cute ginger kitten named Malia, for when I'm lonely and my owl was off doing who knows what.

There were, however, things that I needed to buy. I went to theApothecary to replenish my store of potions ingredients, and as my school robes. I'd sprouted over the past few months, and they were now several inches too short in the arm and leg, I visited Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions and bought new ones. Most important of all, I had to buy my new schoolbooks. I got a surprise as I looked in at the bookshop window, where instead of the usual display of gold- embossed spell books the size of paving slabs, there was a large iron cage behind the glass that held about a hundred copies of rapid books. Torn pages were flying everywhere as the books grappled with each other, locked together in furious wrestling matches and snapping aggressively. I pulled my booklist out of my pocket and consulted it for the first time. 

As I entered Flourish and Blotts, the manager came hurrying towards me. "Hogwarts?" he said abruptly. "Come to get your new books?" 

"Yes," I replied. "I need --"

"Get out of the way," said the manager impatiently, brushing me aside. He drew on a pair of very thick gloves, picked up a large, knobby walking stick, and proceeded toward the door of the Monster Book's cage. 

"Hang on," said I quickly. "I'm a second year. I know I'm tall now, but sheesh." 

A look of enormous relief spread over the manager's face. "Thank heavens for that. I've been bitten five times already this morning --"A loud ripping noise rent the air; two of the Monster Books had seized a third and were pulling it apart. "Stop it! Stop it!" the manager cried, poking the walking stick through the bars and knocking the books apart. "I'm never stocking them again, never! It's been bedlam! I thought we'd seen the worst when we bought two hundred copies of the Invisible Book of Invisibility -cost a fortune, and we never found them.... Well... is there anything else I can help you with?" 

"Yes," I looked down at my booklist, "I need The Standard Book of Spells, Grade Two, Magical Drafts and Potions,  A History of Magic, Magical Theory, One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi, A Beginner's guide to Transfiguration, Fantastic Beasts and Where to find them, and the dark forces; a guide to self protection." 

I emerged from Flourish and Blotts ten minutes later with my new books in my bag, and made my way back to the Leaky Cauldron. I tramped up the stairs to my room, went inside, and tipped my books onto my bed. Somebody had been in to tidy; the windows were open and the sun was pouring inside. I could hear the buses rolling by in the unseen Muggle street behind me and the sound of the invisible crowd below in Diagon Alley. Errol was lying on the bed looking dead with a letter attached to his leg, while Malia was snoozing on the bed. I untie it the letter and place Errol in Minerva's cage, letting the tired bird drink and regenerate.

Dear Peyton
I am so envious! Mum says you are staying in the Leaky Cauldron with Harry, and is a bit annoyed you haven't reached out, but I wouldn't either. We are coming to visit Diagon Alley on the last day of the holidays, and from what I've heard so are Aubrey and Matilda, but I haven't heard from the others. I hope you are enjoying yourself and haven't blown all your money. See you on the 31st!
Ginny

I smiled at her words. I probably should've reached out to my friends, I'll do that later. I place her letter on my desk and start sorting out my suitcase. If magic wasn't possible, I wouldn't be able to fit everything, but luckily, it is. With a handy Extension charm, all my stuff and more fit in the small suitcase

As the days slipped by, I started looking wherever I went for asign of any of my friends. Plenty of Hogwarts students were arriving inDiagon Alley now, with the start of term so near. I woke on the last day of the holidays, looking forward to seeing my family. I got up and dressed into green shirt and jeans, running downstairs and went to go find my family. 

"PEYYYYYYYY!" 

I turned to hear a yell and saw Kella, Aubrey and Candace running over. "Hey!" I squeal, hugging them. 

"How are you?" Kella asked as she lead me to Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlor, where Aubrey, Matilda and Ginny were chatting. 

"TONI!" Matilda ran to me, and we embraced. She smelt like grass. 

"Laying the perfume on thick, aren't you Tillie," I coughed, and we laughed. 

"How are your holidays going?" Aubrey asked me, her eyes flickering to the side. I looked to see two posh looking wizards eyeing us. They were with two girls, both blonde and holding their heads high. Aubrey tilted her chin up and rolled her shoulders back.

Aubrey came from one of the wealthiest families of the wizarding world. Her mother was a descendant of Rowena Ravenclaw, and her father a distinct descendant of Godric Gryffindor. Her parents were very self-righteous, controlling and posh, being very strict around the way their daughters should act, and the people they should hang out with. Aubrey's sisters, Dove and Celeste, were both younger, and looked slightly similar to Aubrey, but Aubrey held herself different.

"They were very pleased when they found out I managed to be friends with the most famous girl in our time," Aubrey said, and I spotted her parents' eyes flick to me. 

"Of course they were. I didn't bother with my parents, they won't even know you," Matilda sighed. 

Kella's eyes widen. "They're coming over," she whispered. 

"Act proper," Aubrey whispered, and we all rolled out shoulders backed and straightened our posture. 

I looked around and spotted Harry, Hermione and Ron getting up. "Change of plans," I hiss, and stand up, leading them over to the table. "SOS, we're coming with you lot," I whispered. 

Hermione glanced at Aubrey's family. "We're going to get some rat tonic for Scabbers, and I'm getting an owl," she said, and we paid and crossed the street to Magical Menagerie

There wasn't much room inside. Every inch of wall was hidden by cages. It was smelly and very noisy because the occupants. Of these cages were all squeaking, squawking, jabbering, or hissing. The witch behind the counter was already advising a wizard on the care of double-ended newts, so we waited, examining the cages. A pair of enormous purple toads sat gulping wetly and feasting on dead blowflies. A gigantic tortoise with a jewel-encrusted shell was glittering near the window. Poisonous orange snails were oozing slowly up the side of their glass tank, and a fat white rabbit kept changing into a silk top hat and back again with a loud popping noise. Then there were cats of every color, a noisy cage of ravens, a basket of funny custard-colored fur balls that were humming loudly, and on the counter, a vast cage of sleek black rats that were playing some sort of skipping game using their long, bald tails. 

The double-ended newt wizard left, and Ron approached the counter with Harry and Hermione behind him. "I wish I could have an owl," Ginny said wistfully. 

"You can borrow mine if you want," I offered. 

Ginny turned to me. "You have an owl?" she raised an eyebrow. 

"And a cat. Apparently Lily and James left me a vault, so I decided to get some pets. Malia is a ginger cat and Minerva is an eagle owl," I told them. 

"Minerva? Are you trying to kiss up to McGonagall?" Candace asked. 

"No, Minerva is the Roman goddess of Owls. And it's a cute name," I answered definitively. 

"OUCH!" We turned to see Ron buckle as a huge and orange cat came soaring from the top of the highest cage, landed on his head, and then propelled itself, spitting madly, at Scabbers, Ron's rat.

"NO, CROOKSHANKS, NO!" the witch at the counter cried, but Scabbers, shot from between her hands like a bar of soap, landed splay-legged on the floor, and then scampered for the door.

"Scabbers!" Ron shouted, racing out of the shop after him; Harry followed.

We ran out the door to help them, but Aubrey stopped suddenly. We turned to see her parents and sisters standing by her. "What do you think you are doing, daughter?" her father asked. 

"We're helping my brother. A cat attacked his pet rat and they are trying to find it," Ginny said quickly. 

Their eyes flick to her. "Miss Weasley, I presume? And those two boys, must be your brother Master Weasley, and his friend Master Potter," Charles guessed. I place my hand on my mouth to cover my smirk. Master Potter. That would go to his head. 

"And Miss Rogers, and Miss Rogers, Lucinda and Patrick Rogers daughters, I presume," Penelope said, and I looked at the twins, who seem nervous. 

"You would presume correctly, Missus Matthews," Kella said properly, and Aubrey seems to breath. 

"Now you must be Miss Covey. Remind me, you're the one with muggle family, correct?" Charles asked, and Matilda paled. 

"That is me, actually," I correct, stepping in front of her. "This is Miss Potter. She inherited the good genes from Lily and James, didn't she? I have seen photos." 

Matilda looks thankful. 

"Indeed, you do remind me of Ms. Potter, but your brother, however, looks more like his father," Penelope said. 

I spot Harry and Ron coming up the street with Scabbers, and my eyes widen. 

"Before we get to the whole I-knew-your-dead-parents-that-you-never-met thing, we really have to get going. Here comes the boys now, and we all have to meet our families," I said, and pulled Matilda back into the store, bumping into Hermione, who's arms were clamped tightly around the enormous ginger cat. 

"Sorry," she said, offering a hand. "It's okay," Matilda took it, and I scramble to my feet.

"You bought that monster?" Ron gaped, his mouth hanging open from a few feet away. 

"That's our queue, it was lovely to meet you," I lied and we all walked over to the boys. "He's gorgeous, isn't he?" Hermione said, glowing.

"He's beautiful. Maybe he and Malia will make beautiful ginger babies,' I stroked Crookshanks. 

"Who?" Hermione asked. 

"My cat. I bought a cat called Malia and an owl called Minerva," I told her. 

"Like the Roman God," Hermione noted, and I raised an eyebrow at Candace, who rolled her eyes. 

"Hermione, that thing nearly scalped me!" Ron said, ignoring the news of my new fur-babies.

"He didn't mean to, did you, Crookshanks?" Hermione cooed.

"And what about Scabbers?" Ron asked, pointing at the lump in his chest pocket. "He needs rest and relaxation! How's he going to get it with that thing around?"

"That reminds me, you forgot your rat tonic," said Hermione, slapping the small red bottle into Ron's hand. "And stop worrying, Crookshanks will be sleeping in my dormitory and Scabbers in yours, what's the problem? Poor Crookshanks, that witch said he'd been in there for ages; no one wanted him." 

"Wonder why," said Ron sarcastically as we set off toward the Leaky Cauldron. When we found Dad sitting in the bar, reading the Daily prophet, there was only Ginny and me left.

"Dad!" I grinned, running to hug him. 

"Peyton, Harry!" he said, smiling. "How are you?"

"Fine, thanks," Harry said as we joined Dad with our shopping. Dad put down his paper, and I saw the familiar picture of Sirius Black staring up at him. "They still haven't caught him, then?" he asked, and I scoffed.

"No," Dad sighed, looking extremely grave. "They've pulled us all off our regular jobs at the Ministry to try and find him, but no luck so far." 

I nod. They weren't going to find him, and I wasn't about to tell them how to catch an innocent man. "Would we get a reward if we caught him?" Ron asked. "It'd be good to get some more money -"

"Don't be ridiculous, Ron," Dad interrupted, who looked very strained. "Black's not going to be caught by a thirteen-year-old wizard. It's the Azkaban guards who'll get him back, you mark my words." 

At that moment Mum entered the bar, laden with shopping bags and followed by the twins, Fred, George and Percy. Percy held out his hand solemnly as though he and Harry had never met and said, "Harry. How nice to see you."

"Hello, Percy," Harry greeted, looking like he was trying not to laugh. 

"I hope you're well?" said Percy pompously, shaking hands. 

"Very well, thanks --" 

"Harry!" Fred exclaimed, elbowing Percy out of the way and bowing deeply. "Simply splendid to see you, old boy --" 

"Marvelous," said George, pushing Fred aside and seizing Harry's hand in turn. "Absolutely spiffing."

Percy scowled. "That's enough, now," said Mum.

"Mum!" I grinned as though I'd only just spotted her and seizing her hand. "How really corking to see you --"

"I said, that's enough," said Mum, depositing her shopping in an empty chair. "Hello dears. I suppose you've heard our exciting news?" She pointed to the brand-new silver badge on Percy's chest. "Second Head Boy in the family!" she said, swelling with pride.

"And last," Fred muttered under his breath. "I don't doubt that," Mum said, frowning suddenly. "I notice they haven't made you two prefects." 

"What do we want to be prefects for?" said George, looking revolted atthe very idea. "It'd take all the fun out of life."Ginny giggled."You want to set a better example for your sisters!" Mum snapped.

"Peyton and Ginny have got other brothers to set her an example, Mother," said Percy loftily. "I'm going up to change for dinner..."He disappeared and George heaved a sigh. 

"We tried to shut him in a pyramid," he told us. "But Mum spotted us." 

Dinner that night was very enjoyable. Tom put three tables together in the parlor, and collectively we ate their way through five delicious courses. 

"How're we getting to King's Cross tomorrow, Dad?" Fred asked as we dug into a sumptuous chocolate pudding.

"The Ministry's providing a couple of cars," Dad said. Everyone looked up at him.

"Why?" Percy asked curiously. 

"It's because of you, Perce," George said seriously. "And there'll belittle flags on the hoods, with HB on them"

"-- for Humongous Bighead," finished Fred.

Everyone except Percy and Mum snorted into their pudding.

"Why are the Ministry providing cars, Father?" Percy asked again, in a dignified voice.

"Well, as we haven't got one anymore," Dad said nervously,"-- and as I work there, they're doing me a favor --" 

I rolled my eyes. "Liar liar, pants on fire," I whispered. 

"Good thing, too," Mum said briskly. "Do you realize how much luggage you've all got between you? A nice sight you'd be on the Muggle Underground.... You are all packed, aren't you?"

"Ron hasn't put all his new things in his trunk yet," Percy tattled, in along-suffering voice. "He's dumped them on my bed."

"You'd better go and pack properly, Ron, because we won't have much time in the morning," Mum called down the table.  

After dinner everyone felt very full and sleepy. One by one they made their way upstairs to their rooms to check their things for the nextday. After introducing the girls to my new pets and changing into a pair of cute black with white hearted pajamas, I went back downstairs and sat against one of the walls, doodling in one of my books. 

A few minute later, Mum and Dad come in. "It makes no sense not to tell them," Dad was saying heatedly. I hide myself behind a bench and they sit down. "They've got a right to know. I've tried to tell Fudge, but he insists on treating them like children. He's thirteen years old and she's twelve--" 

"Arthur, the truth would terrify them!" said Mum shrilly. I narrow my eyes. What are they talking about? "Do you really want to send them back to school with that hanging over them? For heaven's sake, they're happy not knowing!" 

"I don't want to make them miserable, I want to put them on their guards!" Dad defended. "You know what Harry and Ron are like, wandering off by themselves -- they've ended up in the Forbidden Forest twice! And don't even get me started on Peyton -"

"She's reckless but she's smart and she can protect herself," Mum interrupted Dad, and I smiled. 

"But they mustn't do that this year! She can't be reckless -- and when I think what could have happened to them that night they ran away from home! If the Knight Bus hadn't picked them up, I'm prepared to bet both of them would've been dead before the Ministry found them," Dad said gravely.

"But they're not dead, he's fine, so what's the point?" Mum asked.

"Molly, they say Sirius Black's mad, and maybe he is, but he was clever enough to escape from Azkaban, and that's supposed to be impossible. It's been three weeks, and no one's seen hide nor hair of him, and I don't care what Fudge keeps telling the Daily Prophet, we're no nearer catching Black than inventing self-spelling wands. The only thing we know for sure is what Black's after -" 

"But they will be perfectly safe at Hogwarts." 

"We thought Azkaban was perfectly safe. If Black can break out of Azkaban, he can break into Hogwarts." 

"But no one's really sure that Black's after Harry an-"

Dad banged his fist on the table. "Molly, how many times do I have to tell you? They didn't report it in the press because Fudge wanted it kept quiet, but Fudge went out to Azkaban the night Black escaped. The guards told Fudge that Blacks been talking in his sleep for a while now. Always the same words: 'He's at Hogwarts... he's at Hogwarts.' Black is deranged, Molly, and he wants Harry dead. If you ask me, he thinks murdering Harry will bring You-Know-Who back to power. Black lost everything the night Harry stopped You- Know-Who, and he's had twelve years alone in Azkaban to brood on that...." 

There was a silence. 

They were wrong. I knew they were wrong. Sirius Black wasn't guilty, and I'm the only one apart from him who seemed to know that. He wasn't after us, either, and he wasn't a death eater. If any wizards bothered to watch Muggle Detective TV shows they would know about framing and all that stuff.

"Well, Arthur, you must do what you think is right. But you're forgetting Albus Dumbledore. I don't think anything could hurt Harry and Peyton at Hogwarts while Dumbledore's headmaster. I suppose he knows about all this?" 

"Of course he knows. We had to ask him if he minds the Azkaban guards stationing themselves around the entrances to the school grounds. He wasn't happy about it, but he agreed." 

"Not happy? Why shouldn't he be happy, if they're there to catch Black?"

 "Dumbledore isn't fond of the Azkaban guards," Dad said heavily. "Nor am one, if it comes to that... but when you're dealing with a wizard like Black, you sometimes have to join forces with those you'd rather avoid. If they save Harry and Peyton then I will never say another word against them," Dad said wearily. "It's late, Molly, we'd better go up...." 

Dad and Mum went upstairs, and I spotted Harry sneak in, grabbing Ron's bottle of Rat Tonic from under the table then going back upstairs.

I go upstairs and into my room. Minerva is in her cage, and Malia is sleeping on my pillow. I stroke her, climbing in next to the cat. "Good night Min and Mal," I whisper before drifting off to sleep.

A/N - Sorry I haven't updated for a few days, I have been planning this story long term, and my stupid computer wouldn't let me publish stuff, and I'm back at school, so there's that.

I hope you like Peyton knowing everything and scoffing at everyone, cause you're going to get a shitload of that this part. 

I'm trying to update all of my stories, so it might be another week before this gets updated again, but I have already planned a lot of this out so it will probably be a bunch of copying, pasting and editing. 

Also, I know the book list from first year, but the second year one is literally just Lockfart, so I'm just using those ones again. And I looked all over the place for any other books to use instead, but I'm lazy. 

I hope you enjoy!

Also, I've been reading a lot of this kinda stuff lately. When I am finished this book (Which will be in a very long time, this book is long) should I write a reaction Watching The Movies fanfiction sequel? It's something I've been running in my head, so what do you lot think?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

124K 4.6K 39
[Book 1] ❝ 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐝𝐞𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐭. ❞ Serena grew up well sheltered in a Muggle suburb with her mother...
70.9K 1.6K 29
What if James and Lily Potter were hiding something about Lily's pregnancy? What if Harry had a twin that no one knew about? What if Voldemort tried...
27K 792 41
"You know what happens when stars collide? They make a black hole. That's us. And we will suck everyone into nothingness until there is nothing left...
933 40 19
Rose Ivy Evans and her sister Lily Marie Evans find out they are witches and are about to embark on a new adventure for 7 years. Can they survive the...