π‘­π’‚π’π’π’Šπ’π’ˆ 𝑭𝒐𝒓 𝒀𝒐𝒖:...

By lovemelikeuuuu

Modern College AU: In his third year of college, Naruto Uzumaki has been near the top of the list as a unive... More

β€οΈŽοΈŽπˆππ“π‘πŽπƒπ”π‚π“πˆπŽπβ€οΈŽοΈŽ
1: π‘Άπ’ƒπ’”π’†π’“π’—π’‚π’•π’Šπ’π’π’”
2. 𝑻𝒆𝒔𝒕
3. 𝑷𝒓𝒐𝒑𝒐𝒔𝒂𝒍
5. π‘»π’‰π’“π’π’˜π’ƒπ’‚π’„π’Œ!
6. 𝑭𝒂𝒄𝒕𝒔.
7. 𝑨𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒆𝒔
8. π‘ͺ𝑢𝑡𝑭𝑳𝑰π‘ͺ𝑻
9. π‘Ίπ’–π’π’“π’Šπ’”π’†
10. 𝑨 𝑴𝒂𝒕𝒄𝒉
11. 𝑰𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒔
12. π‘΄π’Šπ’”π’•π’‚π’Œπ’†π’”
13. 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑷𝒂𝒔𝒕
14. π‘Ύπ’‚π’“π’π’Šπ’π’ˆπ’”
15. 𝑺𝒕𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒔
16. 𝑢𝑢𝑷𝑺
17. π‘­π’†π’†π’π’Šπ’π’ˆπ’”
18. π‘ͺπ’π’Žπ’‡π’π’“π’•
19. π‘¨π’π’ˆπ’†π’“
20. 𝑢𝒗𝒆𝒓
π΅π‘œπ‘›π‘’π‘  πΆβ„Žπ‘Žπ‘π‘‘π‘’π‘ŸοΌšπ‘΄π’π’Žπ’†π’π’•π’”
21. β€οΈŽοΈŽπ‘­π’‚π’π’π’Šπ’π’ˆ 𝑭𝒐𝒓 π’€π’π’–β€οΈŽοΈŽ
22. π‘·π’‚π’”π’”π’Šπ’π’
23. π‘¨π’”π’”π’–π’Žπ’‘π’•π’Šπ’π’π’”
24. π‘Όπ’π’…π’†π’“π’”π’•π’‚π’π’…π’Šπ’π’ˆπ’”
25. π‘·π’†π’“π’Žπ’Šπ’”π’”π’Šπ’π’
26. π‘»π’†π’Žπ’‘π’•π’‚π’•π’Šπ’π’π’”
27. π‘©π’π’šπ’‡π’“π’Šπ’†π’π’…π’”
28. π‘΄π’Šπ’π’†ΰ°Œ
SPECIAL ANNOUNCMENT
29. π‘©π’…π’‚π’š π‘©π’π’š
30. π‘¨π’Šπ’Ž
31. 𝑴𝒆𝒔𝒔
32. π‘¨π’π’”π’˜π’†π’“π’”
33. 𝑬𝒙𝒑𝒍𝒐𝒅𝒆
34. π‘΄π’‚π’Œπ’†π’–π’‘
35: 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑬𝒏𝒅 ღ
𝑼𝒑𝒅𝒂𝒕𝒆?!(12/19)

4. π‘»π’“π’Šπ’‚π’

776 27 11
By lovemelikeuuuu

"Is this really necessary?" Hinata asked as she shifted uncomfortably in the car seat.

Naruto rolled his eyes "Yes! We need to make it look like we are REALLY dating".

"Okay I get that, but we can just show up to parties and take a couple of pictures when we have time".

Sasuke rolled his eyes "Naruto hasn't been in a relationship is ages Hina so he really doesn't know what he's doing here".

The blonde scowled at him through the middle view mirror "It's not enough for us to just be seen at parties. You don't even really like parties so we need to take the opportunity to be seen out in other places".

Hinata nodded, he did have a point.

"Okay so how do you propose we do this? What's the first step?"

Naruto rolled his eyes as if the answer was obvious "We need to be seen out together. Often. Not all the time but enough for people to notice & spread word".

Hinata was confused "Spread word? How is that going to happen?".

Now it was Sakura and Sasuke giving Hinata a deadpan look from the back car seats.
"Hina are you serious? People are constantly talking about you"her best friend said.

Hinata evidently had a hard time understanding people's fascination with her. Yes she could say she was pretty, but she wouldn't say she was a super model. She wouldn't necessarily call herself interesting but she could see how people maybe thought she was mysterious? But she was just quiet, that didn't mean she was harboring secrets... She was kind, that was obvious, but still she didn't see what people saw. But something bothered her about the comment. She felt like with Naruto this didn't apply because not even HE knew who she was , and he was quite popular himself....

"Now people will be talking about US. But that's only gonna happen if we are out and about looking madly in love".

"IN LOVE????" They all shrieked!

He gave them a bewildered look "Did I say something wrong".

"Dobe you just started this plan 3 days ago. Yea rumors are spreading but let's not forget who YOU are & that this is very sudden".

"What is that supposed to mean?" He growled.

"It means you are famous player who hasn't settled down since highschool. If this is gonna look believable, especially to Kiba, then you need to drag this time line. How is that YOU all of a sudden fell MADLY in love with Hinata? You need a story".

"I mean I don't think it's that's unbelievable, look at her everyone already is madly in love with her and they haven't even dated her".

Hinata's cheeks went red, the the comment rolled off of his tongue so smoothly.

"They aren't in love with her they are infatuated & obsessed. You use the word love so carelessly Naruto!" Sakura huffed

Sasuke laughed But he is "in love" with Ino... sure...
"Okay whatever... what do you two propose we do?", he gripped the steering wheel in agitation.

"Well it's way to early to broadcast or make it look like you two are in love. And wait-" Sakura got curious, "Are you two gonna be kissing in public?".

"Yes"
"No"
The fake lovers stared at each other in confusion.

"What do you mean?" They both said to each other at the sand time.
"You first" they said in unison again.
"Ugh! No you first!" They said again.

Sasuke smirked, what an interesting duo these two made.

Hinata sighed " Naruto we can't just kiss all the time. Or a lot. We don't NEED to do that".
"What are you talking about? We HAVE to!" He fired back.

She was getting a little annoyed "No we don't Naruto. I'm okay with doing kisses on the cheek but actually kissing... I need to think about that. Last time you ambushed me! I did not consent to that".

He rolled his eyes "I did it because Kiba was watching us!"

Sasuke looked confused "Kiba was at the game?".

Naruto glared at him through the rear view mirror, trying to give him that knowing look to not blow his cover, "Yes....he was. But he left the second he saw me and princess kissing".

Sasuke knew that was a damn lie!
"So no kissing, at all? Not even at parties? Hinata this is not gonna look believable", he quickly pleaded and turned to her before looking back at the road.
"Look, for now we can just kiss on the cheek, if we do kiss it's only when I say so, alright?". She needed to be stern about this.

He looked at the girl with frustration, he couldn't deny he had been thinking about the kiss they shared. He could tell she got lost in for it a minute and so did he. Of course he wanted to kiss her again, but she had a point -it was an ambush. He'll wait his turn for another little makeout session...

Naruto pulled into the parking garage and went up some levels until they were on the third one. He pulled into a spot.

They all got out of the car and entered the mall.

"Okay so how do we create this story" he asked as he casually put his arm around Hinata's shoulder, looking back at her and his friends for an answer.

" Well first things first it needs to look like you two are getting to know each other, going on dates but not being so handsy. It needs to seem like you two are just starting to go out, NOT hooking up". Sasuke said

They both nodded, Hinata spoke, "That's true- we don't know each other, even though we share many friends".

Naruto didn't know a lot of people, simply because he wasn't paying too much attention. All these years he probably heard Hinata's name more than once at a party or a cyph but was too high or drunk to actually care. He didn't know her because he didn't care not only to know her but to really know anyone. He spent all of time trying to forget life was a thing .....

They walked through the initial department store and viewed the rest of the shops on the third level.
"Alright so what's the plan for right now? What are we doing here?" Hinata asked confused.

"Well we thought your first activity could be something simple. When Sasuke and I first started talking, for our first hang out we went to the mall".

"Besides shopping, what else are we gonna do here?" Naruto asked.

Sasuke rolled his eyes eyes "Malls are great place to walk around and TALK. You need to figure out the story between you two and also learn basic things about each other in case people ask".

This was true, if they were to attend events together in the future than conversation about their relationship would come up.

"So learn what you do and don't like, how you two ''met' and what actually attracts you two each other".

"And what will you guys do in the mean time?".

"We'll be trailing behind and if there's any disagreements between you two so we can help".

"Why would we have any disagreements?" Naruto barked.
They both looked at Naruto as if his question was a joke, "Because you're Naruto".

Hinata giggled. It lightened Narutos mood over his friends comments. He also liked that she didn't tell him to move his arm off of her shoulder.

Even Sakura pondered the air of familiarity between them. For the second time now it seemed Hinata was comfortable in Naruto's embrace.

"Alright, let's leave the love birds to it".

Hinata turned her head to look up at Naruto, as she did she could smell his cologne. He smelled nice, like bed sheets but sexy.

"Where should we go first?" She asked him, they started walking straight.
"Well I need some new shoes so let's go to foot locker". He unwrapped his arm from her shoulders and casually held her hand, interlocking their fingers as they went up an escalator. Watching them go up and making sure they were plenty of space behind them, Sakura had to say what was on her mind.

"He's kinda touchy with her don't you think?" She asked Sasuke.

He nodded "Yea but, strangely she doesn't seem to mind it".

"They look good together" he added.

"I can't lie... they do" she took a deep breath. "Sasuke do you really think this is gonna work? I mean Naruto is so blinded by the old Ino he doesn't even know who she's become".

He put a hand on her waist holding her in comfort and the two made their way on the escalator "We're adults now, less than two years away from graduation, we aren't kids in highschool any more. Naruto is grown enough to make his own decisions & if this leads in heart break.. which it most likely will.. that's Narutos fault. We warned him".

"What do you think about what Sai said?". Sakura didn't know how much she believed Sai's theory, I mean it's not complete b.s but she didn't know if it applied to those two.

They stayed multiple feet behind Naruto and Hinata, going into a store next to theirs, they saw the two were holding hands and Naruto was making her laugh.

Sasuke shrugged "Honestly I'm not sure. I can't lie Naruto has been acting a little different in the four days he has met Hina, but it also could just be because of Ino".

Sasuke watched the two interact playfully "But then again...." He thought about Naruto lying to kiss Hinata. Was that because he wanted to? Or because Ino was watching?

"He does seem to like Hinata. But who doesn't? Maybe what Sai said is just a conspiracy theory".

"But what if it happens?" Sasuke saw the worry in his pretty girlfriends face.
"You seriously think one of them is gonna fall for the other?".

She wrapped her arms around his waist, concerned eyes looking into his " Hinata is the perfect person to fall for. I mean think about all this time they'll spend together, getting to know each other. Sure they have obvious differences but they also have obvious similarities".

Sasuke knew exactly what Sakura was talking about. He had forgotten about it until now....
"Now that you mention it.... They have a lot more to bond over than I thought". He rubbed her back, trying to be the reassuring one now even though he was slowly getting filled with doubt. "I think they'll be fine. If anything maybe it will make them really good friends instead of lovers. And if you, me or Sai see's that one or both of them are catching feelings we'll warn them to call off the plan alright?".

"Okay. I like the sound of that". He kissed her forehead and the two looked around the sports store they entered. In the foot locker, Naruto was trying on shoes, asking Hinata basic questions.

"Okay, first question, favorite color?".

She watched as he watched himself in the mirror. Looking down at the pair he just put on, " Purple, and yours?".
"Orange" he said with a smile.

She tried not to look at him so much but it was hard. He was so tall, well built, muscular arms but not too big, his chest poking out a bit in his t shirt even though it lose fitting. She decided to look to the side.

Naruto was sneaking glances at her angelic features in the mirror. He too felt captivated by her presence like everyone else. She was easy on the eyes, lavender, big and beautiful. Her cute nose that made a button at the end. He got a hint of her perfume again, a reason he keeps wrapping his arm around her. He finds he can't get enough of her scent.

"So when did you join the chess club?".
She turned back to face him with a smile "I actually joined in highschool. And you're on the basketball team with Sasuke right?".

He grinned at her through the mirror "Yes I am. I also joined in high school" he decided that the pair he tried on her didn't like so sat down next to her opening a box with black high tops.

"Why did you decide to join the chess team?".

She watched as he took of his shoe, noticing his large foot size. She looked down at her fingers playing with them nervously as she recounted the memory, going into very little detail as she recounted.

"Well when I was younger my uncle taught my cousin Neji and I. Neji was always way better at it than me but he never stopped encouraging me to keep trying. I ended up really loving the game & could play for hours on end".

"Are you close with Neji?".

She nodded happily "Yea we're super close. He is like a brother to me".

He didn't know why he started asking her questions he knew the answer too since he stalked her instagram. "Do you have any siblings?"

She smiled thinking of her, "I do. I have a little sister named Hanabi". He could see the joy in the face at the mention of her "and you two are just as close as you and Neji?".  Her eyes were shining,
"Hanabi is my whole world. I'd do anything and everything for her".

My whole world... how adorable.

"Do you have any siblings?"; Naruto shook his head "No,  I'm an only child. But I grew up with my cousin Karin, she was an only child too".

Hinata and Karin were actually pretty good friends. It was strange to her now that they knew everyone so well BUT each other. Sure she had seen Naruto at parties... now that she thought about it he attended every one she went too but he never seemed to talk to his own friends when he was there....
"I love Karin! I think its cool you have a cousin who doesn't look like you, Me and Neji look super alike".
She looked at the shoes with him that he just put on. "Those ones looks nice on you".

He smiled "Thanks. I think so too". Naruto decided that was the only pair he wanted to buy and once he checked out he grabbed Hinatas hand again, and they proceeded to a store she wanted to go to, which was a makeup counter.

She looked down at their interlocked hands, he was watching her. Maybe she doesn't like it....

"Am I doing too much?" He asked with sincerity. Her head shot up "No it's fine! I don't mind besides, it's just hand holding".

He smiled, her hand is so small and dainty...

She turned back to see Sakura and Sasuke walking with bags in their hands. She motioned her hand forward so Sakura can join in her this store.

"What made you want to join basketball?" She asked Naruto.

"Well when I was younger, and I met Sasuke, I hated him". She almost stopped walking "What?!Why?".

He started laugjing "Because he was so good at everything and I wanted to be just like him. BETTER than him. So anything he did I did, and anything I did he did. Cause he hated me too".

Boys and their competition.

"Eventually we became friends. Best friends as you can see. We both made our high school basketball tryouts and now we are both playing for college".
They entered the store and were met by many ladies coming up to the pair asking if they needed help but Hinata said no and they walked towards one of her favorite brands.

"Do you want to play basketball professionally?".

He shook his head "At first I did but then I thought about it and realized it wasn't something I loved enough to pursue as a career".

Hinata let go of his hands to pick up one of the lipstick testers, his palm suddenly cold. Sakura and Sasuke were on the other side of the store smelling the men's perfumes.

"So what's your major?" She asked as she started to line her lips with a lip pencil. He watched her actions and was fixated on her mouth. Pretty plump full lips...

He didn't answer because he was too busy watching her. She turned her head "Naruto?"

"Oh um yea my major is criminal Justice. You?"

"Psychology, with an English minor".
She applied the lipstick, she turned to the right to get Sakura's attention. She spotted her and walked a couple of feet closer. Naruto thought it looked nice. It was pink but more on the natural side. She turned to her, raising her eyebrows as a question to ask for her opinion, Sakura gave her a thumbs up. Hinata removed that shade of lipstick and went to look for another one.

"So why Criminal Justice?".

He rested his arms on one of the displays, watching her as she picked from the lipsticks.

"Well my god father is an investigator, and hearing about the work he did, saving people made me want to do that too".

She turned and smiled at him sincerely "That's really beautiful Naruto. I'm sure you're going to help many people".

Naruto was starting realize he never really TALKED to a girl. Most of his interactions where quick, usually leading to sexual favors. All of those conversations at parties or clubs. Sure in class girls have paid him a lot attention but he couldn't stand to converse for long and no one ever made him caught his eye. But here, during the day time, completely sober looking at this delicate creature named Hinata, he found himself enjoying this very much. She wasn't asking his body count, or what he liked to do in bed, she was being a normal human being! Had he lacked that in interactions so much in the past three years? Was he that same way with others?

Absolutely.
But not today.

"So why psych and English?" He asked back.

Hinata found a nice shade of red and pick it up. Lining her lips with a red lip liner first.

"Well, I really like to listen to people. I also want to help people, I learned I have a really good ear & my advice isn't half as bad as I thought".
He giggled at her comment, she was a good listener, "Is that why you're so quiet?".

She finished lining her lips in the mirror, "I'm just more of the observing type than interactive. I love to listen to my friends and what they have to say. It's like a story".

He smiled "So is that where English comes in?".

She nodded, putting on the lipstick, "I truly love to read and write, since I'm not much of a talker....it all just comes out on paper".

"What do you write about?".

"My life, everything going on, everything I don't say out loud".

"Do you feel like you can't talk to your friends about that?" His question surprised her, "Oh um- it's not that, it's just, I can get everything out that way".

He felt unsatisfied with her complete responses. Naruto realized as she just stated she isn't a talker, or maybe one doesn't know how to talk to her and get her to converse more. He also couldn't shake this new curiosity of wanting to know her most inner thoughts now. What does this quiet beauty think about?.

She turned to grab a mirror close to Naruto that was much cleaner, but before she could even look
"Wait Hinata you have",

He closed the distance between them and cupped her face with one hand, taking his thumb right under her lip and wiping the excess lipstick.

His hand felt incredibly warm on her skin and he could hold her whole face with it. She lookup at his face, truly he had such handsome features.

Sasuke and Sakura turned the corner into their aisle and observed the scene.

"You had some lipstick on your chin" he said quietly.

Hinata could feel her cheeks turning red at this very sudden semi intimate contact.

"Oh um t-thank you".
He let her out of his grasp and she turned to look in the mirror to see if she liked the shade and he watched her rub her lips to even the product out.

"With that one... You look pretty" he said in a low voice. Almost afraid to speak the comment.

"Really?" She asked nervously
He nodded, he could watch her all day "Really....really pretty".

She felt flushed at his tone of voice.
"Thank you" She responded shyly

Sakura looked at Sasuke with high rolled eyes
Sasuke only laughed.

"That one looks good Hina!" Sakura broke their gaze she turned to look at her she smiled "Thanks Sakura".

She wiped it off quickly and grabbed the shades she wanted and went to the check out. Sakura followed her with the items she was also purchasing leaving Naruto and Sasuke waiting at the entrance of the store since there was a big line.

Naruto watched as Sakura and Hinata were chatting about something, he was thinking of how she looked. How much smaller she was then him, how feminine, petite, smart and kind she was. There was more to her than she reveals. Her responses didn't give away too much, just exactly what you asked. And how quick she walked away

"Are you having a good time so far?"
Sasuke asked, observing how Naruto's eyes were on Hinata.

"Yea I am- this was a good idea Sasuke".

"So what have you learned about Hina so far".

"I learned that she hides".

"What?".

Naruto tore his eyes away from the pretty girl,
"There's a lot more to her than she gives out. And she probably has no idea that's exactly why men are attracted to her. She isn't over revealing or really revealing at all".

Sasuke was impressed with Narutos observation but didn't expect that as his answer.

"And that means what exactly?". What was the point of this observation?

Naruto smiled "It's means she is a challenge. I'll have to find different ways of getting to know her better".

Sasuke only stared at his best friend, confused surprised, and unsure suddenly.
After about 20 minutes the ladies were finally out of the line with their items in there hands. Naruto swiftly took Hinata's bag in one of his hands, wrapping his other arm around her shoulder.
"Where to next princess ?"

                                     ***
They four spent the next two hours in the mall. Talking, eating, shopping, cracking jokes and just having a good time. Naruto and Hinata getting to know each other with more assurance.

Sasuke and Sakura took an Uber back to her apartment, it was Friday and Sasuke told her he would sleep over.
Now, they were walking back to Hinata's apartment.
"So today was fun" he said while scratching the back of his head, he didn't know why he suddenly felt so awkward but Hinata couldn't sense it.
She smiled "Yea it was! I actually had a lot of fun" .

"Were you expecting to have a bad time?" He was suddenly offended at the thought, because he really did have a great time.
"No not at all!... it's just that we've never hung out before so I didn't know how it was gonna go. I can get pretty shy sometimes"

Whew!
Well that makes sense..

"Sasuke told me you used to be really shy in highschool, you aren't nearly as shy as I remember but for sure quiet".

Hinata felt shocked, "Y-you actually remember me?"
She suddenly stopped at a door with the numbers 33 on it.

"Yea! Not gonna lie it took a second you've changed a lot since then". The night Sai had shown Naruto who Hinata was, he looked back at his high school year books, replaying every memory he had of her. There weren't many but she wasn't as invisible as she so clearly thought she was.

"So have you".

They subconsciously took a moment to gaze into each others eyes. They each felt content. Truly it was a well spent afternoon, it didn't feel like they were preparing for anything at all, just two people getting to know each other.
His energy is so..... nice

But then Hinata heard Shino's  foot steps on the other side of the door..She shook her head of the thought crept it ins
"Well since we're fake dating and gonna be around each other more like I said before I thought you should meet my roommate".

From that quick moment of bliss they shared,
now she was speaking faster and avoiding his eye contact.
What just changed??

She opened the door with her keys and walked in first,
"So this is where I live..."

He looked around an observed a squeaky clean apartment . There was a small hallway and coat closet to the left when you first walked in, a kitchen to the right that was a decent size, very modern, a living room in the middle of the space with a tall man with a t shirt and sweats on.

He looked over to his right to see Hinata with a blonde fellow.
"Welcome back Hina" he spoke in a monotone voice.
"Hey shino!" She put her bags down and ushered Naruto in. Shino got up, looking Naruto up and down fiercely behind his dark shaded eye glasses
"I know you".

Naruto got the chills when the man spoke "You do?".
Who the fuck where's sunglasses inside?

"Yes, we went to high school together. Although we never spoke".

Hinata could tell he obviously didn't remember Shin.
"Naruto this is Shino Aburame. You two can reintroduce yourselves".

Shino stuck out his hand and Naruto shook it awkwardly.
"So this is your fake boyfriend?" He asked with no emotion.

"And you're her...?" Naruto needed to know why she had a male roommate.
"I'm her childhood best friend".

He nodded, the two men immediately skeptical of each other.
"So you two are so close that you're okay to live with each other?".
"Why are you interrogative?"

Hinata started to feel the tension rise, where is this coming from?

"Naruto ..." she interjected peacefully "Shino
And I have been friends since we were in preschool. Our families are really close he is like family to me. We're practically brother and sister".'

The two never stopped looking at each other
"Okay...."
"And yes Shino, Naruto is my fake boyfriend".

Shino sighed "There wasn't any one else?"
"What's that supposed to mean?" Naruto snapped
"You have a reputation".
He growled and they each stepped an inch closer to each other.
What the heck is going on?
"Naruto is the only one Kiba is threatened by" Hinata said getting in between them "and he is my friend now".

Naruto liked that last touch, but he suddenly felt the friend title wasn't enough here. An odd thought to have...
Shino stared back and forth between the two
He stepped an inch closer to Naruto, the two were basically the same height. Naruto was much more built but it was evident to him Shino could probably hit and take a punch.

Naruto felt agitated. Why am I so threatened right now? I don't even know him to not like him...

"If you hurt Hinata or get her in any types of trouble. I will hurt you" Shino stated with only evident with aggression but still flat.

And here's another's threat.. what's with these people?
"I would never hurt her".

Shino repsonded by walking away and sitting back on the couch resuming his nature documentary.
Hinata tapped Narutos shoulder, "So would you like to see my room?" She asked in a sweet voice.
He smiled and nodded.
Her room, her most personal space. Where she does all types of things... does she invite men over?

They went in and he immediately was hit with a soft smell. It smelled like her but also something different. Whatever perfume she wears was reminiscent of vanilla but the smell in the room, well it made him feel super relaxed. He couldn't make out what it was. Her room was pretty big, she had white bed sheets with a tan throw, a hippie looking rug over the wooden floors and he took special attention to her grand bookshelf.

He walked over to it with a smile on his face remembering Sakura's comment at the party about Hinata staying up all night Reading romance novels

"So you really are a book worm".

She didn't know how to take that,
" Um yea"...

He realized his tone was off  and corrected himself,  "No I didn't mean it like that I meant it as a compliment I swear".
Hinata made a small smile.
"Do you read?" She asked walking over to where he was standing.
He laughed throwing his head back and putting a hand on his chest "Absolutely not, not unless it's for school".

She nodded, most men don't read. Kiba never read. Well Shino and Sai and Sasuke read, but everyone else.... Yea men just don't read!
"Understandable, reading isn't everyones thing".

The books were so beautifully placed on the shelf, in size order and the colors complimented each other well although they were unique hues. Each different, he thought she must've put sometime into make the shelf look nice "I should probably start though..." he skimmed the books with his fingers genuinely curious.

"Out of all these books which one is your favorite?".

"Hmmmmm" She looked at all of them. There were so many that she had read over and over. Not all romantic, some just sad but big stories.

"That's a really tough question," she also took a finger to touch the book ends, she landed on a blue book and pulled it out.
"I've read this one a dozen times, I'm unsure why I don't get tired of reading it. But it gets me every time".

She passed the book to him and he felt like he was holding glass. Why did she make everything looks so elegant but delicate?

He read the cover "A Song of Achilles?"
She nodded.
He stepped towards the little bench that was at the end of her bed and sat down opening the book and looking at the pages, the reviews on the back. He could see there were little writings in pencil.. her notes while she was reading.

"What is it about?" He asked as she sat down next to him.

"It's a tragic love story. Two young men who secretly fall in love during a time of war".

"Why do you love it so much if it's tragic? ".

"Mmmm...I dunno I guess... I love their love. Although one of them became really selfish in the end... I don't know it's just what's between them, you have to fight for great love and I guess I love how much one was willing to fight".

A little flutter went off in Narutos stomach, he couldn't tell what it was or why is it happening. Her eyes met his and it was suddenly too much for him. He looked down at the book, a hand caressing the cover. Figuring out his next move.

"Can I read it?".

She was taken aback "What?".

"I want to read it. Can I borrow the book? I promise I won't get it crinkled". She giggled at his seriousness.

"Sure Naruto. You may borrow my book".

That little laugh of hers....

"Just as long as you keep that promise and if you don't then you're buying me a new copy".

"Don't worry it will stay in perfect condition".

She didn't know why him asking to read the book gave her butterflies. He might not even really read it - he just said he doesn't read. She felt her hands clamming at this sweet moment between them. She got up and put her hands around her self.

"Can I offer you water or anything?".

"No I'm okay I actually think I'm gonna head home now".

Hinata nodded, watching him get up and observing how he naturally towered over her. She tossed that observation away! Yes he was tall and attractive and really really nice to her but that didn't mean anything. This wasn't the time to be catching feelings. They only JUST became friends .

She opened her door and Naruto followed as they walked out, he turned his head to the left and saw Shino still the couch but on the tv screen he saw there were drag queens, "Goodnight Shino! It was nice - uh- meeting you...again" he said awkwardly.
Shino quickly turned off the tv.
"Oh...uh Um Yes it was nice to meet you again too. I look forward to seeing you around".

Hinata giggled at Shino's sudden nervousness, but Naruto was trying to pick up where it came from.

"Yea me too".

Hinata opened the front door for him and Naruto walked through but then paused "Thanks again for the book...I'll see you Monday?" He asked hopefully.
She nodded "Yes! And you're welcome. Goodnight Naruto".

He frowned "What happened to my nick name?"
She blushed, she had been subconsciously avoiding calling him that. "I'm sorry...goodnight my prince".

The way she said it made him smile, he winked at her "goodnight princess".

                                        ***

Naruto went to bed that night with a lot on his mind.

Today was fun, hanging out again with Sasuke and Sakura, and Princess. It's been a while since I've been out with them.

Hinata Hyuga
Quiet, sweet, intriguing. I could probably learn more about her with real alone time but... who she really is in what she reads. Honestly I'm not sure why I'm so caught up in getting to know her deeply. This little arrangement won't last that long. I'll definitely get back with Ino before the end of the semester...
Ino.
Does she like to read?
She used to. I wonder if she still does...

Her and Hinata are so different from each other.

Ino is a social butterfly, her business always makes its way in conversation at parties, you'll always hear something about her. You know when she comes into a room because you either hear her voice or suddenly she makes herself noticeable.
Hinata on the other hand, everyone knows her, likes her, wants to know more of her. You know when she's in the room because everyone stops what they're doing just get a look at her. Like she is a shooting star or a rushing meteor. Her energy wasn't so evident, it was subtle...calm. You never heard her business being the center of conversation.. thinking back now everything I have heard was always about her kindness her looks and when she dated...
Kiba.
Her Kiba and Shino used to be best buds from I saw in those old high school pics. I wonder what happened. Why would he hurt her? Who could ever hurt princess?
Ha! Just wait until he see's me and princess every where snuggled up and making out. I'll make him sick.

Wait
No
We won't be making out... we'll not any time soon but, snuggling for sure. And it'll drive Ino so crazy she'll be hitting me up like every other girl does.
This is gonna work out. Princess is gonna help me and I'm gonna help her. It's a win win. It has to be. It just ... has to.
**********************************************
Authors Notes: ooooooppppppp
Okay fake Naruhina let's get this started.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.2K 301 12
Two 23 year olds take a summer internship opportunity in Kumogakure. Hinata Hyuga was just looking to hone her skills and be away from home... Narut...
4K 85 15
Shikamaru and Temari go to prom as each others date but they fake it all... The story takes place with them in privet high school it's about April th...
9.4K 388 41
Naruto and Hinata are childhood sweethearts. At the age of 5 & 6 yrs old was the first time they met and became best friends but at the age of 12 & 1...
5.7K 148 43
I got bored n decided to write my own lil story... 18+ - SEXUAL CONTENT - EXPLICIT - SMUT YES they are all GROWN. Well into their 20s. Disclaimer...