Ambrosia Awards 2023

By stellarflower-

*Judging/ Closed for Entries* Welcome to Ambrosia Awards 2023! Want your work to be recognized? Want to polis... More

Welcome
Rules
Tag Fest and Motivate Me
Prizes
Forms for Participants
Form for judges
Accepted Entries
-Judges-
Tag Fest and Motivate Me- Results!
Best Protagonist- Results
Best Cover- Results
Historical Fiction- Results
Prizes-1
Poetry-Results
Best Blurb- Results
Best title- Results
Prizes- 2
The Grand Winner- Finalists
Best Antagonist- Results
Action/Adventure- Results
Important
New judges for Mystery and Fantasy
Results- Science Fiction

Fanfiction- Results

131 8 52
By stellarflower-

The results for fanfiction are out! Thank you Krishnapriya_____ 

𝘕𝘰𝘵𝘦 from the judge:- 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐧 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐲𝐨𝐮 💓𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭. 𝐖𝐢𝐬𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚 𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐮𝐜𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐚𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝. 𝐖𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐬𝐮𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 ❤. 𝐖𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐚 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐩𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐢𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐬𝐭. 𝐇𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐈 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐠𝐨𝐫𝐲 🤣𝐉𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐲 𝐬𝐚𝐟𝐞💜

~~~~~~~~

 Yadavi :The name of yearning dwarkaratna

Cover (6 /10)
Blurb ( 9/10)
Plot ( 18/20)
Grammar/Language ( 14/15)
Character sketch/ Character Development ( 15/15)
Engagement (13 /15)
Originality ( 10/15)
Total ( 85/100)

I loved how you started showing the siblings in dwaraka and subhadra in kanyakul (I think). The blurb is amazing and does the job of capturing readers pretty well by introducing the emotional conflict. I really don't like the cover. It does not look very put together, and there seems to be no rhyme or reason for the hearts and the crown since they don't fit into the background. You might want to change the color of dwarkaratna presents since it does not match the color pallet followed through the remaining cover. Hats off to your spelling and grammar for I could not find a single mistake throughout but there were places you missed a comma, mostly between a dialogue being spoken. The emotional conflict was depicted extremely well as the characters reacted to the unforeseen changes in their life. The character development, they way they hope to be each other's strength was all depicted extremally well. I could imagine the tension and the peace prevailing throughout. Putting so many chapters before starting out with the actual story could lead to a loss of interest and engagement in the reader. I also wanted to know, is there a reason why specific words were highlighted in the prologue? Overall, the character depiction and development was my favorite part of your story.

When stars fall by BellOfSilence

Cover 10/10
Blurb 8/10
Plot 4/10
Grammer 15/15
Character sketch 15/15
Engagement 4/15
Orginality 5/15
Total 61/100
First two chapters were very thrilling but later it just got boring. I think you tried to drag the plot too long which reduced the engagement significantly, maybe instead of just saying things, you could describe them. I think I have read a similar story somewhere, I am not sure exactly where though. Your character sketch was amazing and did an amazing job letting the readers grasp a character well enough to understand it but you left enough room for them to imagine what they want, something I particularly loved about your work I think your blurb needs to be edited a little, you have exposed too much and it is too long, I am not sure if it is just me but honestly, I didn't leave that feeling of anticipation to know what happens in the story, I went through your other blurbs and I personally loved the blurb for Queen of Arrows or The Whiteby dossier, I think you could try to make it something like those. Hats off to your grammar! It was refreshing to read a book with such well grammar considering many books on wattpad don't have good grammar. The poem is amazing in the blurb but it doesn't fit there. Plot was full of nature &things description didn't give much importance for the character but it was amazing.

Destructive desire by diana_leone

Cover 10/10 Blurb 10/10Plot 7/10Grammer 15/15Character 15/15Engagement 9/15Orginality 10/15 Total 76/100

I think everything in the story was conveyed perfectly. The cover and blurb did an amazing job conveying a jist of the story. Your grammar was amazing and character sketch left me mindblown. I was considerably excited to see what the characters do since they had very interesting personalities and unique identities. I also love how you started with a funny gif, it cheered me up instantly. The emotional conflict was depicted extremely well as the characters reacted to the unforeseen changes in their life. I love how you did not portray anyone completely black or white but different shades of grey. The plot can be very confusing and the narrative does not help, maybe you could improve that since readers loose interest very quickly when there is a very weak narrative. Your ideas are good but sometimes they are not inline with the plot so that needs some editing! Thank you for participating!

Believe me Thor, I never wanted to kill u by Astraea1306

cover 8/10blurb 9/10plot 10/10grammer 15/15character sketch 10/15
engagement 15/15orginality 14/15 total 81/100
The cover, plot, grammar, engagement, and originality was amazing . Your blurb could use some hook line or a good quote to grab the interest of readers. he book also has some tense inconsistencies, switching between past and present tense, which can be confusing. Your character development is very weak and I think you should make that your primal focus. Your excellent vocabulary descriptions are something I personally find very intriguing and absolutely love them. I really like your ability to control the mood of the story since it is one of the harder skills as a writer while you seem to do it effortlessly. I think you can add aesthetics to the start of your story so that readers can have a better idea about the characters.

Do I wanna by AreebaDazzle

Cover 10/10
 Blurb 7/10
Plot 9/10
Grammar 14/15
Character 15/15
Engagement 14/15
Orginality 13/15
Total 82/100

I absolutely love the cover! Hats off to whoever designed it! I think the blurb could use some edits like you don't usually leave space after double quotes,

What you have written- " DO I WANNA KNOW "
It can be written as- "DO I WANNA KNOW?"

You can also try adding punctuation in your blurb, even in your book, I noticed a few punctuation mistakes. You can also try adding quotes or hook lines since they help grabbing readers attention.  You could start off like-

Two faceless strangers. A spin of destiny.
Would they be friends or more than that?

I love the plot but it felt kind of hollow in the first 3 chapters so maybe you could work on that, but it was refreshing to read your book! I am looking forward to reading more of this book.

Undying love by meloniberry

Cover 10/10
Blurb 4/10
 Plot 7/10
Engagement 5/15
Orginality 7/15
Grammer 15/15
Character 13/15
Total 61/100

The cover is amazing and captured the depth of the story! I was hugely disappointed by the blurb and I think it needs to seriously edited. It did not make me want to read the story. Your character development was amazing and did an amazing job letting the readers grasp a character well enough to understand it but you left enough room for them to imagine what they want, something I particularly loved about your work. 

The plot was something I remember reading somewhere so I had to cut marks for that, I personally loved the characters. They were unique and refreshing! The plot also made me cry but I feel the tone of it kept changing which was very hard to understand the mood of the story.

Who is Elena Taylor by clace_hinny777

Cover 10/10
 Blurb 10/10
Plot 7/10
Grammar 15/15
Character sketch 15/15
Engagement 4/15
Orginality 14/15
Total 75/100

First two chapters were very thrilling but later it just got boring. I think you tried to drag the plot too long which reduced the engagement significantly, maybe instead of just saying things, you could describe them. The cover was amazing, can i know the designer? I really liked the blurb as well, so overall, your story gave a great first impression. Later in the plot you were trying to grab the interest back but I think it did not really work out that well. Your originality was amazing, and I salute your imagination and ability to pen it down. Your character sketch is worth mentioning and contributed a lot to the first impression. I think your book does an excellent job projecting an amazing first impression but you struggle to keep up that impression later so you can work on it. Best of Luck!

THE MUSTY SHRELANKA by uselessdeadones

Cover 1/10
Blurb 5/10
Plot 2/10
Grammar 15/15
Engagement 1/15
Orginality 12/15
Character 4/15
 Total 40/100

The cover added nothing to the story. The blurb was confusing and personally if I was not judging I might not have read it. The only thing I liked was grammar.  You can try describing a little more of the plot in the story, instead of revealing the entire idea. You could also use quotes, hook lines or put some intriguing scene so that readers are left wanting more. I don't remember reading or stumbling upon any such book so hats off to your originality. There were times, you switched between tenses which you could work on. For some reason, keeping up with the happenings was very difficult, you must realize that everyone reading your book would not be an expert in spongebob universe, it would be massively helpful if you could add more details. Thank you so much!

WINNERS

2ND PLACE

Epiphany by strawberry1d

Cover10/10
Blurb10/10
Plot10/10
Grammer15/15
Charecter15/15
Engagement14/15
Originality15/15
Total 99/100
I think everything in the story was conveyed perfectly. The cover and blurb did an amazing job conveying a jist of the story. I think you can reduce the lengths of some paragraphs because really long paragraphs can sometimes reduce the engagement in a story. The grammar was impeccable, try as I might, I could not find any mistakes. but there were some places the letter 'I' was not capitalized. The plot is original and I loved it! I was spell bounded how you portrayed everything. The book was surely an amazing read and I look forward to more works from you!

1ST PLACE

Paanch praana by Mysticalsiya1468

Cover 10/10
Blurb 10/10
Plot 9.5/10
Grammer 15/15
Character sketch 15/15
Engagement 15/15
Orginality 15/15
Total 99.5/100

This book was literally perfect, no matter how much I searched, no matter how hard I looked I could not find a single mistake throughout! Most books here have weak grammar, but yours was amazing! I think the plot is pretty common so I deducted marks over there. Every chapter left me wanting to read more! I only have one question, why is this not published yet?

~~~~~~~

Thank you everyone for participating! Congratulations to the winners!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 17.3K 3
*Wattys 2018 Winner / Hidden Gems* CREATE YOUR OWN MR. RIGHT Weeks before Valentine's, seventeen-year-old Kate Lapuz goes through her first ever br...
209K 1.5K 54
Sa muling pagkakataon subaybayan natin si Jude sa Malibog nyang kwento.At ang nga masasaya,malulungkot at nakakaiyak nyang karanasan. This story c...
6.5M 179K 55
⭐️ α΄›Κœα΄‡ α΄α΄κœ±α΄› ʀᴇᴀᴅ κœ±α΄›α΄€Κ€ α΄‘α΄€Κ€κœ± κœ°α΄€Ι΄κœ°Ιͺα΄„α΄›Ιͺᴏɴ ᴏɴ α΄‘α΄€α΄›α΄›α΄˜α΄€α΄… ⭐️ ʜΙͺΙ’Κœα΄‡κœ±α΄› Κ€α΄€Ι΄α΄‹Ιͺɴɒꜱ ꜱᴏ κœ°α΄€Κ€: #1 ΙͺΙ΄ κœ±α΄›α΄€Κ€ α΄‘α΄€Κ€κœ± (2017) #1 ΙͺΙ΄ α΄‹ΚΚŸα΄ (2021) #1 IN KYLOREN (2015-2022) #13...
7.3M 302K 38
~ AVAILABLE ON AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/dp/164434193X ~ She hated riding the subway. It was cramped, smelled, and the seats were extremely unc...