Guns & Tangerine || MYG 🔞

By yoongwiyomi

"You know the similarities between guns, the fruit tangerine, and you?" I shook my head, eyeing the gun that... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12

Prologue

1.2K 39 8
By yoongwiyomi

Park Gyul's Point of View

Golds and gems, lavishness, luxury and wealth ㅡ these are the things that I've been exposed to since the moment of my birth. It sounds like a magnificent life ㅡ It does, but only to a certain extent.

Perhaps it's because of my environment, or more specifically how I was raised into the woman that I am today, because simultaneously with the lavish life that I lived lack my freedom of choice for myself. Only now did I realize that my voice was never heard and I was only told to do things even if some of them are things that I am not in favor of doing.

"This is for your own good," my mother says per usual, looking at me with those dark brown orbs that would only look at me in sympathy every time my father tells me to do something that I don't even have a say on.

Throughout my life, despite being able to see the truth of his manipulation of me to create the perfect daughter that he wishes to have, I kept my eyes shut ㅡ blinded by the truth that indeed, everything that he has forced me to do became beneficial to me now that I am older.

But today, I am no longer letting him decide for my life. He has reached his limits and I am certainly not having this anymore.

I plastered a fake smile on my lips while looking at my mom through the mirror. Her palms over my shoulders gently squeezed them as her smile widened more. "I'm sure it will be great, Gyulie. You're father just wants what's best for you."

I nodded despite opposing her words in my head.

How is marrying a man I will just meet today best for me?

I looked over at my bed where my handbag that has all my remaining essentials inside.

I'm sure my father will disown me after what I'll do later because that will definitely be his biggest disappointment in me, and for once in my life, it will be an accomplishment for me.

My bag is already inside my car. It has all my other essential things.

Basically, I'm ready to escape. I have all of this planned before this day came. I began to plan this the moment my father told me I am to marry someone that he wishes.

It's a good thing I was the one who opened my bank accounts. At least from that I am already secured. He has no control over it ㅡ I hope so, at least. He always finds a way to get through to me.

Nonetheless, I also have cash with me. For sure, he has no access to that.

A knock on the door of my room made my mother and I look over it and found my father in his usual black tuxedo, looking cold and intimidating per usual.

Something that I have admired about my father despite his control over my life is his consistency with his physique. Despite his age now, he still has a physique of a young and active man ㅡ broad shoulders and big biceps, name it. If it wasn't for his aging face and the appearance of his salt and pepper hair before he dyes them again, he'd look younger.

"We should go downstairs. The Lees are almost here." His deep voice echoed into my room and I shivered at the way he firmly says that while staring at me as if his message is also implying another, telling me to stay put and behave as he wants me to do.

I mentally smirked. Not for long, Papa. Once I am out of this house, I won't be in your control anymore.

We went downstairs and waited for the Lee family's arrival.

I looked over my mother again who wore a dark blue dress that perfectly hugged her slim figure and covered her shoulders and collarbone area until her arms with a lace fabric. It's a simple dress, but my mom is undeniably beautiful and elegant no matter what she wears.

She looked over me and reassuringly smiled at me. I felt her hold my hand and slightly squeezed it to comfort me.

I sighed, looking down at my silver stilettos that were paired with the white off-the-shoulder dress that my father had told me to wear.

White. I couldn't help but bitterly smile at that.

Soon, the Lees arrived. This is the first time that I am to meet them, and my impression immediately wasn't great.

The young man who stared at me was off, and I am sure that he is my fiance considering that he is the only new person in the house that looked around my age.

He eyed me up and down, and I immediately caught the sinister smirk on his lips as he did that.

I suddenly feel unsafe.

"This is my daughter, Gyul. Gyul, these are Mister and Missus Lee," my mother introduced us, letting go of my hand to push me slightly forward and greet them.

As I was always taught to do, I smiled at them warmly and politely greeted them with a bow before shaking hands with them. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Mister Lee. Missus Lee."

"Oh, what a lovely daughter you have. No wonder why you've been keeping her," Mister Lee said and I immediately taught his words was somehow suspicious.

I do feel like I am kept and sheltered but there was something about how he said that which made me feel like there is a deeper implication on his words.

"Gyul. This is Lee Taemin, your fiance," My father introduced, and the young man went up to me and held my hand. "What a stunning lady you are, Miss Gyul." He smiled at me then lifted my hands up and kissed the back of my palm.

I immediately pulled my hand away from him as soon as his lips landed on my flesh. He seemed surprised by my sudden action, and I was already sweating with nervousness because my father might think that was rude of me but to my relief, he defended me.

"My apologies for that. Our Gyul here is just a conservative woman. She doesn't particularly enjoy being around and touched by men."

His parents nodded in understanding and seemed pleased to know that, and even Taemin seemed pleased to know that by how his smile turned into a grin as he once again eyed me.

I mean, it's true, but Taemin is another story. Something in my system tells me that I should run away from him and I know I should trust myself on this one.

We invited them to our dining area where the table is already set. I sat beside my mother but Taemin sat beside me.

Food was then served. We waited for my father to touch his plate first before we started.

Our parents were talking during dinner while I slowly (and forcefully) ate mine being that I have no appetite at the moment.

"So, are you perhaps in a current relationship with someone?" Taemin asked me, and I shook my head, not even bothering to look at him while I sliced the steak on my plate.

"Have you been in a relationship, at least?" He asked again, and once again, I only shook my head.

I've had people who wanted to pursue me but once my father finds out, the next thing I know, those people are already avoiding me. I don't know what my father was doing nor do I even know how he is capable of finding out those things when I don't even share them with my mother.

"Why are you not looking at me while I'm talking to you, Gyul? That's so rude of you," he whispered to me, his voice threatening. "Look at me."

I sighed, looking at him. "My apologies, Taemin," I smiled a small one, gathering all of my patience to keep a polite face with him.

He smirked. "Good girl."

"Excuse me?" I raised a brow at him. I couldn't take it anymore, sensing that he is probably like my father.

I don't want to be under anyone's control anymore.

He chuckled. "Ooh, feisty. I like that." He then bit his lip while his eyes landed on my lips too. "You know, Gyul, you are the type of woman I am fond of. I would say we would make such a good bond once we're married."

"I would say otherwise," I smiled at him.

"By the way, Gyul and Taemin, we would like to know your preferred date for your wedding," My father told us and I almost, almost, rolled my eyes.

He is forcing me to marry this guy but now he is asking when I want to get married? How ironic.

"I would love to have it as soon as possible, Mister Park." Taemin eyes me once again, and I caught his father chuckle at that.

"It seems that my son is already fond of your daughter."

"I am not surprised. Who wouldn't be fond of my perfect and obedient daughter."

I hang my head low and rolled my eyes. I watched how my palm twitched in anger from beneath the table as I fight the urge to slam them on the table and yell at them to free my voice that had been suppressed by my father all my life.

You know what, I've had enough of this.

I want to break free.

"There will be no wedding." My voice came out breathy and shivered slightly at the adrenaline that is beginning to wrap around the fibers of my being.

"Come again?" Missus Lee asked me, making me lift my head up to look at her who wore a raised brow while looking at me.

I stood up. "I've had enough of this, Papa. You have been dictating to me what I should and should not do all my life, but not anymore." I firmly looked at my father. "I am not marrying Taemin or any man that you wish to have me betrothed with." My voice was firm and demanding.

"Gyul." My father called my name as his aura darkened. This time, I am beginning to shiver because of the fear that my father is capable of inflicting with just the tone of his voice. That voice is what he uses to me when I disappoint him ㅡ The first time I heard that was when I placed second in a Mathematics interschool quiz bee that I participated in back when I was in fifth grade.

I am not pleasing him anymore.

"No, Papa. I am not marrying him. Do you not understand me?!" I unintentionally raised my voice, but I cannot blame myself for doing that nor do I want to stop doing it because now is the moment that I am releasing my frustrations over him. "For once, can you please listen to what I want to do with my life and let me decide for myself and do something because I want it and not because I want your approval? I am so tired ofㅡ" I was unable to finish my statement because before I could even predict what he was going to do, my cheek is already stinging from the pain that his hand had given me.

He just slapped me, and this is the first time that he has ever done that.

I have disappointed him greatly but I do not care anymore.

"How dare you talk to me like that, Gyul?"

"No! How dare you dictate everything in my life and manipulate me?! I am over this, papa. I won't let you control me anymore!" I walked out, finally leaving my lavish yet miserable life with my parents.

Sure, I am financially stable and I can get whatever material things that I want from them but a life dictated by others is a life not worth living. I am not living. I am just existing with them because I grew up with an easy privilege. I do not really know what it is like to live and hustle to survive. I do not know what it feels like to fear for my future because I know that it will be my downfall if I ever fail. I do not know what it really is like to live for myself.

"Gyul, get back here!" My father yelled but I ran my way out of the house and went to my car.

I took a deep breath in and fired the engine up. I stepped on the gas and immediately passed by the open gates of our house, leaving that lavish yet suffocating house that I used to call my home with a smile of relief on my lips.

I'm finally free. Now, I can live for myself. He cannot dictate my life anymore. 

-------

STORY DISCLAIMER:
This story is a work of fiction that is only intended for entertainment purposes. The writer does not mean any harm towards the mentioned artists and/or celebrities nor to anyone else. Moreover, most of the information and events here are NOT affiliated with the individuals, the companies, and/or the organizations that were used in the creation of this fanfiction in real life. Errors such as grammatical and typographical errors may be present as English is not the writer's first language.

Any similarities with other stories are coincidences unless told that it was inspired by them. PLAGIARISM is a CRIME.

The images that were used in this story are not owned by the writer. All credits to the owner/s.

This book contains profanities, BDSM, sexual contentmentions of death, drugs, sex trafficking, weapons, and violence which are not suitable for all readers. Read at your own risk.

All comments are welcome and appreciated as long as they aren't disrespectful towards the other readers, the writer, and to anyone else in general.

Enjoy reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 117 7
He closed the small gap between us and gently placed a kiss on my lips. My body turned to liquid. The butterfly attack in my stomach returned. I sque...
30K 1.1K 25
Cover designed by MythicalWeirdo on YouTube. Go check her out! Warning! Sensitive topics may occur! Ten years after living in Goyang, Y/N is moving...
314K 13.4K 26
"Please s-stop." I stuttered taking steps backward. "You can't hide away from me Y/N.." "N-no. Y-your wrong---" I started to tear up He kept walking...
2.7K 161 36
What did I say that is making you laugh? I have never seen a girl like you. You are very interesting. So tell me something about yourself. I am a clo...