When August Ends

By spidermansbutterbeer

This summer was different, Y/N knew that from the second she arrived at the Cousins beach house. However, is... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Epilogue: Thanksgiving

Chapter 2

937 15 3
By spidermansbutterbeer

I woke up the next morning bright and early to the smell of pancakes.

I walked out of my room and down the stairs into the kitchen where almost everyone was sitting. Belly and Jeremiah were missing.

"Good morning guys!" I say smiling. I give my mom and Susannah a hug and mess with Conrad's hair which he rolls his eyes but secretly smiles. "Steven" I say nodding at him and he laughs grabbing the car keys.

"I'm headed to work. See y'all at 3" he says leaving.

"Hey, where's Jere and Belly?" I ask.

"they went out together I think to get smoothies" mom says wiping the counter.

"Oh" I say.

"Alright well I'm going to go read on the deck" mom says throwing out the napkin.

"I as well" Susannah says.

Once they're outside I pour myself some cereal.

"You didn't come get me last night" Conrad says looking at me.

I turn to him confused for a moment.

"Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry I completely forgot. Jere and I got back pretty late last night" I say rubbing my finger on the table.

"It's fine" Conrad says getting up and washing his bowl in the sink. The tension was now thick.

"He told me you quit football" I say.

"Oh really?" He says.

"Yeah. Why?" I ask.

"See that's really not Jeres place to be going around telling people that" Conrad shuts off the sink holding his fist on the faucet for a moment.

"Oh he didn't tell other people, just me" I say trying to lighten the mood.

He shakes his head. "I'm going for a run."

He leaves quickly and I sit there alone in the kitchen.

CONRAD

I walked out of the house quickly. I needed to clear my mind before it exploded.

I wanted to tell her I had heard them come in last night. I had been awake waiting for her to come climb in bed to shake me awake so we could go for a midnight swim together.

Last night was a blur.

10:00 pm
11:00 pm
12:00 am
1:15 AM is when they finally pulled up to the house.

I got ready to pretend to be asleep for when she walked in. I heard them both climb the stairs.

I then heard the whispers outside the room door. Her and Jeremiah's voices.

"I had fun tonight" Jeremiah spoke first.

"Yeah, I had lots of fun too" I heard her say. Their voices weren't louder then a whisper.

There was then what seemed to be a silence. Both of them had gone to bed. Then I heard them pick up again saying goodnight. They had kissed each other goodnight.

Fucking shit. He was kissing my girl. He knew she was mine. He had Belly and I had Y/N. It was like an unwritten rule since we were 10.

I punched my pillow. Hard.

I rolled over and looked at the ceiling. This summer was different. Not a good different either. I was gonna have to fight for her.

Y/N

I sighed doing the dishes before running upstairs to shower and get ready for the day. I was finishing doing my hair when there was a knock at the door.

"Hey, I brought you a strawberry smoothie" I heard his voice.

"Come in" I say laughing.

He walks in handing me the smoothie and sitting on my bed.

"How was your morning smoothie run?" I ask.

"Fine. Would've been better if you were there I just didn't wanna wake you sleeping beauty" he says and I smile at him.

He pats the mattress spot next to him and I go sit.

"What are your plans the rest of the day?" He asks.

"I think the girls are going shopping" I say.

"So we can't hangout?" He asks pouting. I laugh and grab his hand placing it in my lap.

"We can later!" I smile "now go I gotta get ready"

He smiles leaning in and kissing me, bringing his hand up to my cheek. I run my hands up his shirt and placing them on his sides.

We abruptly stopped the kiss when we heard Conrad's room door slam across the hallway.

"When did he get home?" Jere asks.

"I guess just now" I shrug my shoulders "now you really need to go! I've gotta do my makeup and still pick out an outfit!"

He smiles and kisses me again and then gets up. "I will be waiting patiently until you get back"

"Okay. Go wait in your room or something" I laugh and close the door once he's out.

I do my makeup then pick out an outfit. A creme colored crotchet top and Jean shorts paired with white sneakers.

Once I'm satisfied with my outfit and overall look I walk out of my room door.

Before leaving I decided to knock on Conrad's door. When he didn't respond I turned the knob opening the door revealing him and some girl making out against his dresser.

They stopped immediately, faces both turning red.

"Oh my gosh I'm so sorry!" I said slamming the door shut quickly and running down the stairs. It felt like my heart had broken into two. I haven't felt anything for Conrad since two summers ago. I had Jere now. Why did some of my heart still belong to Conrad and why did I care who he was making out with?

I grabbed my purse heading out to the car where I met my mom, belly and Susannah.

"Let's go!" I say pretending as if nothing had happened.

We get to the shopping area and belly and I walk into a clothing store.

"Soo how are things with Jeremiah?" She asks me.

"Hmm really good. I mean I literally got here yesterday and we've already kissed twice" I say trying not to sound to excited. "How's your summer love life going?"

"When you and Jere went out last night I did too! I went to a party and I met the cutest guy there! His name was Cam and he's absolutely amazing. I'm meeting him again later tonight for our drive in date" she says smiling wide.

"That's soo cute!! You'll have to bring him over sometime, I totally want to meet him!" I say.

"Of course. So how are you feeling about Conrad?" She asks me.

"What about him?" I play it off.

"Y/N, everyone knows you have been in love with Conrad since like the beginning of time, you just recently really got over him and don't give me the two year bullshit because that's just when he got a girlfriend" belly looked at me seriously.

"I'm like totally over him. Belly, I'm basically dating his brother! I don't want anything to do with him anymore!" I say seriously back at her.

"Mhm whatever you say" she says and I roll my eyes. Maybe this shopping trip was a mistake.

𓆉

A little while later we were back at the house carrying bags of cloths and candy into it. A blue raspberry slushie in my hand, another cherry one for Jere in my other.

"I'm gonna take my stuff upstairs and give Jere his slushie I'll be right back down!" I call out and head upstairs.

I knock on Jeremiahs door and walk in and he's laying down watching his tv.

"Hey, I brought you a cherry slushie!" I say handing it to him.

"You're the best!" He says. "What flavor did you get?"

"Blue raspberry" I say taking another sip.

"Do you wanna see if we can get our tongues to be purple?" Jere asks innocently taking a sip.

I bite my lip and nod. "Only for the science of it of course"

"Oh why? Would there be some other reason?" Jeremiah asks seriously making me want to laugh.

He gets up from the bed coming up to me and wrapping his arms around me, caressing my lower back.

He dips me slightly kissing me and I smile into it. Allowing him to take the lead. He grabs my hand leading me towards the bed right before he kicks the door closed he stops for a moment looking into the hallway. I assumed this was to make sure there was no one there.

He comes back over and stays on top of me as I run my hands up his shirt and he dips his tongue into my mouth sloppily kissing there and my neck and my cheeks.

"Jere" I moan lightly tugging on his t-shirt. He kisses my collarbone.

Jeremiah pulls off his shirt and locks the door as I pull mine off leaving me in my bra and Jean shorts.

He smiles at me. "You're so beautiful"

He comes back over to kiss me and sits on the bed pulling me on top. I breathe into his neck grinding against him lightly.

We hear the door knob jiggle.

"Jeremiah! You open this door right now! What have I told you about locking doors?" I hear Susannah on the other side.

"Oops" I say quickly climbing off. He gets up quickly trying to fix his hair while I put my shirt on attempting to fix mine.

When he opens the door Susannah is there with his laundry all folded. " I was told you needed your laundry asap. And apparently you do cause you don't have a shirt on. Oh my gosh I didn't realize Y/N was here!"

Jeremiah rubbed the back of his neck as I blushed. "Uh yeah, hi"

I looked behind Susannah and saw Conrad leaning against another doorway sipping on a juice box watching the scene unfold. He had sent his mom up here to bust us. My heart fluttered.

"Well this is quite awkward. Here's your stuff honey and please, don't lock the door." She says handing him the basket.

When she left Jeremiah looked at me and we both bursted out laughing. He must've not noticed Conrad. He left a second later going back into his room. He would so be hearing it from me later.

I continued to giggle with Jeremiah and we kissed for a little while longer. However, throughout the whole time I couldn't stop thinking about his brother.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.2K 735 56
Cousins beach was the place to be during the summer for a group of three friends who all had kids of their own, yet this summer going into college Co...
142K 4.2K 30
OCEAN EYES| Solange Walton, a sixteen year old girl who vowed to hate summer, not because it was hot but because year ...
6.1K 84 18
one summer can change everything it literally can in which lorelai gilmore finally excepts that she's pretty enough for the boy of her dreams, jere...
252K 4.5K 13
you know it's not the same as it was ❛ γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€βŽ―βŽ―γ…€γ…€IN WHICH sadie & jeremiah reunite in the summer after years of not seeing each other, the only differe...