I was Reincarnated as an Ant...

By KonoXwrite

Inspired from "So I'm a Spider, so What?" a light novel written by Okina Baba and illustrated by Tsukasa Kiry... More

Prologue - Skills don't end without completion...
Chapter 0 - Soulmate's Apprehension
Chapter 0.5 - Soulmate's Apprehension pt2
Chapter 01 - Dungeon Twins!
Chapter 02 - Hi, am Jan!
Chapter 2.5 - Hi, am Jan!
Chapter 2.5.5 - Hi, am Jan!
Chapter 3.5- Jan, The Gladiator
Chapter 3.5.5 - Jan, The Hero
Chapter 3.5.5.5 - Cont. (Extended)
Chapter 04 - The World of S-Class
Chapter 4.1: Nih's Tale
Chapter 4.1.1: Nih's Tale
Chapter 4.1.1.1: Nih's Tale
Chapter 4.2: Nih's Tale
Chapter 4.2.1: Nih's Tale
Chapter 4.2.2.1: Nih's Tale
Chapter 4.3: Nih's Tale
Chapter 4.4: Nih's Tale
Chapter 4.5: Divinity of the OverSighters
Chapter 4.5.5: Divinity of the OverSighters

Chapter 03 - Fated Twice, but not Twins.

61 4 21
By KonoXwrite

Lately, meetings have been a normalcy here. The government seems quite strict on information and has branches of control governed alongside the regime of the holy church. I am somewhat concerned as they're always apprising me, many times I have heard of "Demonlord" demands this and that. I did question about it as it's quite odd to have a "DemonLord" working or rather demanding things out of the church. They shouldn't be getting along, but the more I ask the more I understand that, "demonlord" is rather what I think of evil due to my experience as an otherworldly.

The notion was rather vague, as "Demonlord" is a title bestowed upon a monster that had gained independence in thought and ability. Moreover, for none monsters, the title "King/Queen" was akin to that prestige level. Coupled with the race change to "Eternal" for humans. It all started to make a bit of sense, for "Demon" race was simply a monster that had evolved to become a "Demi" human race of that monster. The system viewed monsters as lesser creatures to that of humans, which is in-turn a reason for why conflict exists between the two. It was rightly noted as such.

It has been almost a year now since I last saw my buddy. The connection is there but, akin to a hair string, however it's a steel chain when it comes to unbinding me to him. Their attempts to try have also been denied by my efforts. Conclusion; I guess I...no. I don't want to think too much on that.

****(Few days later)***

Life is great, I ear the finest meals, even as tasteless. I knew how much worth each meal was. The steady stream of high value meals means no exp but, surely has the best potential for skill development.

《Skill proficiency reached. Skill 『Mana Core LV1』 has became 『Mana Core LV2』》

《Skill proficiency reached. Skill 『Mana Core LV2』 has became 『Mana Core LV3』》

See! This fine meal of Dragon flesh is astonishing! The only issue is...something or rather someone is really strong here. To support the kingdom and supply the region these amount of resources, and from the looks of things am eating scrap.

The two twins seemed nowhere to be seen, I was always with the knights of what have you. Training and testing my skills with them as well learning how to formulate strategies for combat with humans taught me a few good techniques that didn't give me any skills. Yet, their lessons on magic opened up a new perspective. Magic wasn't a rare feat, most people had it. However, a mana-beast had a different ratio to it. During these periods, I would learn how easily a monster like me would be dissected, if I ever challenged a [True Knight].

[Anti-Magic Barrier] + [Anti-Mana field] + [Magicule Stagnation] equaled a beast that wouldn't move. As a magical creature, these skills is stacked with many different abilities that were similar, meant the first steps to defeating most creatures. "The high evolutionary of monsters, most notably those monsters tend to have attained [True Core] and "Status Immunities" as skills too. The barriers become merely a blanket obstacle for them."

Hearing the knight say as I would nod to myself. I had to get these skills next. However it might had been something evidently given as a monster that evolved into a greater race. Interesting. They knew my skills, I had nothing to hide. I however, had the ability to find what I can get later once I got enough skill points.

Now, why I had zero skill points? Well. I was bored so I opted to search and find something related to skill points. So I attained, [Skill Pointer]. As stupid as I am, I say I am invariably smart. The mistake to waste all my last forty skill points to attain a skill that was basically a skill point "detector", could prove to possibly evolve into a skill point auto pilot! Who knows! Well I do. There's many! I had seen all vendors, so I'll be sure to gain more. The skill point lady had only "skill pointer" as cheap for exactly what I had. She was knew, oh well. She didn't like me snooping through her screen, had her prices scaled higher and higher.

"You heard? There's a new [Hero Egg] holder. That's three now. These times we are living in are going to be interesting, I hope we finally we will no longer be under their rule. (They laugh)" as the two knights went on to square up once more.

The rest of my times and schedules was clean, life was nice. The twins seemed banned to see me, although they'd pass by my den shyly as they smiled from a distance. Something was up, roots of war in whispers and hush-hush talks went on. I couldn't help but think of my buddy, the lonely that crept from time to time as something within me beckoned me to lean in and converse. 'Yeah no. Like the abyss, I am too smart to not look into that stuff again.' I'd think as it would grow even more than before. Shaking my myself from it, I'd continue my mindless beastly behavior of simply eating and climbing things. Life would go on ever so the same...

****(weeks later)

My life as a royal beast was...quite interesting. It had been a month so to say, my connection to Jan had waned overtime. I knew he was still alive as I was his bond, nothing more. Asking questions about him gave a sour taste to my caregivers. I was resigned to a high section in the castle, yet still lower enough. I had grown in size, to the point of a massive large dog, so to avoid issues, I somewhat limited myself in areas of space. This was so basic of my first years to Jan that I missed the small space that somehow, keeping myself in small confines had me acquiring the [Mass Dwarfism], thus drafting myself down to the small cat size I was used to.

In regards, having attributed myself to getting that skill, I kept hard at it. I made it my mission to level the skill so I could at least be able to fit into a bag for Jan. Why. I don't know myself but I did things sometimes that I didn't understand. Was I supposed to have been doing something else, I couldn't answer those questions. I didn't really miss Jan but I could hint to myself that I was inclined to be his pet. It had to be the bond. The attempts to control me always seemed fruitless and violent, sometimes others would say that a "bond between the original was akin to a twin soul".

The first time I had heard such things, many questions about my level, and growth were put in question. Questions about why I had gained such a horrid skill. Only to report to them, that I simply wished to be small thus the gods made me. Furthermore, those my skills made hints of a famed beast of prophecy, coupled with a few things that resulted in me becoming a sort of 'Holy' beast due to my healing abilities improving fast.

Later in the week, my thoughts of escaping came to fruition. It felt unreal to see a familiar face, or rather pheromone. He was cross-dressing as a woman, surely he played the part. Acting as a true noble, my rather modest ninja swallowed his pride as he approached me. He had escorting eyes watching him, so he was quite frankly wary as to how to approach me. Using my [Telepathy] skill to directly communicate to him. 'I know who you are, did Jan bring you up to this?'

Shaking his fan as to cool himself while he bantered about as to not be surprised or act suspicious. He'd shake his head, coupled with the hand fan he cooled himself with. He blended his actions carefully and witty enough to make the scene more natural. 'If Jan didn't bring you here, that means you're checking up on me? Judging by the circumstances, you risked all this for me?'

Scoffing at my remarks, he'd talk about the situation out of context to my question as he kept up appearances and whether I could give blessing. Along the banter, looking at me he'd say "...as to return to normal, a rescue."

Ignoring the obvious context, his mannerisms as he gestured to leave with the crew, his tone hinted of the possibility. I understood. 'How do you plan on doing it, there's no way we can escape. On that matter, they are planning many things for me. This can include war crimes on the rise if I...'

A single glance to me as he rolled his eyes towards me. He appeared ready to excuse himself as he had a plan. So I waited calmly. Each day passing since that encounter was extremely difficult, I kept sure to be ready in stats for action. My skill points were at zero. So I had no way for the unexpected. At night, an explosion would occur, knights were already in my domain. They saw I was safe and relaxed, the place came under high alert.

Moments later, in my little cell, a magical circle would appear alarmingly, I was teleporting, it seemed like I couldn't tell which side had initiated the action, however the moment I saw Jan's permission. I knew, I was in no danger, the second party would moreover have to be someone he knew? In eagerness, I rushed through the process as I wanted her to finish her rumbling of errors and whatnots, I couldn't care less! JAN!

《WARNING!『Paradoxical Summon 』skill has been initiated, Second Party access Passively enabled 『Jan Frust [Warrior-Knight] LV: [43]』granted warrant permission and『Lesser Sun Ant』obligation is required;

→Enable

Disable

WARNING!『Primordial God - Lithia, of mercy, peace, and fertility』intervention GRANTED.

WARNING, incompatible, Alert! ERRONEOUS!

Conditions met. //Entity: Sage, GRANTED indication initiation;
『Status Abnormality Resistance LV1』『Abnormal State Resistance LV1』
Resistance Denied! Error. Error. Error. Error....

WARNING!『Primordial God - Lithia, of mercy, peace, and fertility』intervention GRANTED.

Entity ERROR 3%&00X Conversion DENIED! &#*<~! REDACTED 》

WARNING!『Primordial God - Lithia, of mercy, peace, and fertility』enabled %sys%error. ERROR! DEITY Intermittent Reprimand enabled 『SEAL DIVINATION』

GRUNTED. ERROR! Resume corruption result primaries, enabled.

Delicate Core inheritance Soul trace, suffice offer: [?]Entity ERROR 3%&00X ACCEPTED, do you wish to continue?

→Enable

Disable》

'Wah'-hold up a sec- his level 43!' Suddenly lights of white and black oozed through me, and as I tried to make sense of my surroundings, it became harder to think as I was now dizzy. Something was off, yet at the same time, I felt connected with everything within me. It was I was finally one with my body now on a whole new level. Unlike getting used to moving a system (or clothing) of what I inhabited, this was more natural now. It felt like my actual existence cemented into being alive now. The system had fixed itself!

The next thing I saw from the wake of lights, was me in a carriage with my ninja companion, he was back to his normal appearance. No longer the crossing dressing gender bender he was. He would gasp as he seemed shocked it had worked.

"To think it would work, I am rather surprised, this scroll cost me all my year funding from my father. He made it himself, he warned that he couldn't get it to work, I took it by chance because I betted on you. It turned out I was right, sure makes my betting streak unbroken. Well, by the time they notice, we will be out of their territory. It should take them a week to find leads. By that time, we should travel to the next kingdom. Let's go get Jan." (Nih)

"His not here?" (Aed)

"No. These past few months, he was put himself through anything to get strong that I fear he is going to die. It's like his looking for an equal shot in his death sentence." (Nih)

"...I see. Take me to him." (Aed)

"Hmph. You're much more stronger than before, i know had seen you recently, but it's like you've made leaps of bounds in mere days! I wonder what new skills you've gained." (Nih)

"That's not what's important, what happened, it sounds like the team isn't doing anything about Jan." (Nih)

"Since you left him, he decided he needed no one, that his path was one that required him to take matters alone. The team couldn't function without him, we tried new recruits but the new teamwork was...anyways, everyone since then, has went on doing their own thing." (Nih) he would go on a long speech to explaining the changes over the past 8 months that seemed rather drastic as well dramatic.

It did sound like Jan to go do something like that., yet more like me. Something had changed within both of us. It was his strength and weakness, steadfast into the unknown without the fear of it. I admired that about the boy, but I always thought that it would be his undoing. A pause as the carriage approached the nearby town, he had told me of two more stops before arrival.

In the meantime, the carriage driver was astoundingly calm as he remarked how the travel was essentially smooth with no need to fight the road ants. The sea of desert ants always seemed traversed in attacking any creature or vehicle through sands. Unless of course, those creatures or entities were of a stronger aura.

"This possibility because of you Aed, am I right? It's why we couldn't trail you afterwards as it seemed like the royals that took you had a hidden passage through the desert." (Nih) Nodding to himself as I kept thinking about what I was going to do once I saw Jan. These past months, I learned so much about the way of things. Information regarding the Gods seemed hush-hush, and only to those on a Need-To-know basis.

"Has your [Telepathy] skill changed? You're able to talk more." (Nih) saying as I had conversations with him about his experience so far without Jan. He seemed assumed that I kept talking about Jan but to me it was rather simply inappropriate information I needed for the moment. Like, had he gotten married? Did he not want to settle down. Was he not happy?

"A lot has happened between the time apart. Yes, many of my skills have improved a lot, moreover, I've found ways to supplement mana in a different means for it, specifically separating its mana for the skill and myself." Saying as his eyes widened in awe, he had more questions but, I kept my silence as his snakes seemed to sense something.

"Excuse me, we have a threat that's not being deceived by our monster deterrence and your own skill. It's always happens, this is one of those monsters that cannot be detected by most skills. I'll deal with it. Stay here." (Nih) watching him jump out the carriage as he battled into the sand. The battle of the creature emerged in the sand would go about so fast that, I knew he was stronger too. In mere moments, he was running back into the carriage. "That should do it for now." (Nih)

"You defeated it?" (Aed)

"No, but I did wound it. Unless it's vindictive, a fight too risky tends to dissuade motivation of most monsters." (Nih) speaking as it proved true. The monster within the sand wave, simply carried on away from us. What was it? It appeared to stress Nih as he kept looking out the window to confirm his suspicions. His snakes however seemed relaxed and at ease.

The ride on, as our driver proclaimed that we had arrived at our first stop. The town didn't have any guards, seemed to be self-reliant, yet worn down. The people here seemed interestingly pleased in such a place as well as being strong, if I had to guess. This was an Adventure's town. I had read about such things in my time at the royal captivity. "Stay here, I'll be back. There's snacks and food in the back. Enjoy yourself, don't eat everything however." (Nih)

Doing as he had said, I barely ate. Not because I wasn't just hungry but, rather because I had gotten used to eating...skill gaining supplements. The time with the ninja was rather short as he was someone who focused on a task and got it accomplished. He seemed very mission oriented and other things that didn't seem to aid him in attaining growth were disregarded.

On the road again, some ants were bigger than me, of course. I had the skill to hide my actual size but, something else too. I had reached another point in growth, if I didn't evolve I'd become an older version of my race soon. So I focused on other things like conversion and information. Nih was very informative but, he always demanded equal treatment.

"So, you saying you spoke to your...soul?" (Nih)

"I don't think it was but something inside me...now I don't feel it anymore since you teleported me. Thanks for that, I did try to look in again but, now it's rather Stats than what had previously done." (Aed)

"I see. I think my father would know more. You possibly didn't just look into your soul. You said that I helped you but I think I rather limited you. You also say that the system...as if it's another world in of itself?" (Nih) he was on to the point, knowing that. I would stay quiet as he lamented inquiries to wanted more information. Which I'd ignore as the ants in the distance seemed to watch over us. I could tell they'd missed me? Or rather they wished me to join them as their ruler. I refused their request but it didn't demoralize their ambitions. Fools.

"May I see your skill stats?" (Nih) he'd ask as if ignore him. He didn't have the [appraisal] skill so he was stuck with my choice. Silence would loom us as he arrived to our destination. The second stop. Nothing but smoke and flames, it was as if a war had ensued the place. Jump out into his head as he would smile but his snakes didn't welcome the notion. I'd leap off to walk on my own not to get eaten by his pets that were evidently still stronger than me.

The moons above lit the place nicely as the ruins of life didn't don on me at all. I felt nothing for the dead, humans besides the few I knew meant nothing to me. They smelled like food as Nih raided the ants near by in anger to stop them. A battle erupted between him and them that lasted a few minutes as he eventually won. Only to come back to him looking annoyed as he was me cleaning myself. "Jan would be the only one to tell you to act in accordance!"

"What do you mean?" (Aed) as someone who was most dead, he would stare at me with disdain. Only to go on, and retrieve anything of value and possibly to note of these dead things. "AED!" (Nih)

Strolling towards him as the other ants watched from a distance, one blue ant had caught my eye. She was beautiful! Wait what! Something I didn't think I'd feel. Her pheromones had actually affected me. She was shy as she would run away only for me to start moving towards her in efforts to see more of her. "AED, WHERE ARE YOU!" (Nih)

'Ugh, Nih. So needy, if it was for Jan! I'd have left!' Obeying the sound to dash towards him, I'd see a small girl, beastly in form. She was burned horridly! But alive. Gee was he trying to save her? He would appear scared and angry at me, it was his eyes that pled without hesitation of what was he begging I try to do. "Can't save her. I don't have the skills of ability."

"You have always been able to do anything, Jan said so. Just use your skill points!" (Nih)

"I don't have any left," (Aed)

"Prove it! How do I know when you don't even show my your stats!" (Nih)

"Hmph. Take it or leave it. It's the truth. Why do you care so much about her? Is she important?" (Aed)

"All humans are!" (Nih)

"I'm not human, now." (Aed) a pause as he'd place her on the ground. Holding her hand as they'd stay in place until her passing away. I was on the other hand singling the other ants to find the blue ant. I had to see her again, but it seemed they weren't interested, but more inclined on seeing what I was about. Some had started to think I wasn't a ruler class of their species. My influence was winding down, it seemed like they were starting to get ideas. 'Oh? And here I thought we were having an understanding.' I thought to them as they seemed to refuse my pheromones. They wanted the blue ant too? Was it a princess of theirs?

"Aed? Why are you..." (Nih)

"Not now. The ants are residing over the area, presumably getting ready to try and kill me in hopes to become the most fit to rule. They think they can kill me to get my prize." (Aed)

"What prize?" (Nih) standing as he would prepare to engage the raid that besieged us now. I'd also prepare for battle, "I'll take care of them, I need to cool down anyways."

Having said that, he'd disappear as the raids would start to crumble in moments, Nih was super strong, in fact. I was an ant literally to him, he could defeat me effortlessly if I tried. I couldn't catch him in sight! Titans in power that this world kept towering over me! I was far too weak. Having nothing to do but look at the dead thing behind me. I'd think for me moment as it hit me, I could've saved her! I had learned magic for that reason! Well, it was best I say nothing now. "All done. Let's go." (Nih)

Soon, in our silent carriage we would approach the city walls I had longed to see again. My connection with Jan instantly transformed! I felt his presence and I was sure I could sense mine yet he had...BLOCKED ME! *************!

"You seem agitated?"(Nih)

"Jan, I sense him yet the ********** blocked me!" (Aed) her laugh as he would look out the window. The guards would let us past after the checks and whatevers. Nih would appear quite sad afterwards as he would notion the driver to drop us off to his father's courtyard. The mansion we would enter was daunting, I hadn't had the chance to ever see it but now that I had lived in a castle among nobles, I had a view that wasn't so much surprised by it. My past life too had been esteemed enough to not warrant me to want this in a such awe as most. So to me it was just a spacious place with fancy decor.

"I'm going to see Jan. The theatrics here will wait." Leaping out as I could now flap my wings to fly, using my learned ability to use magic in around-about way from the norm. I'd manifest the idea of the wind among the wings as I motioned a hummingbird pattern of flight to my wings. The lift would take as I flighty moved fast into the sky towards Jan's link.

"Aed wai- aa" (Nih) as I would ignore him zooming away from the place towards a colossal arena of a corned coliseum. The place was akin to an upside down ice-cream corn, with the top shaved off. A sort of barrier was evidently clear as a few strong people stood upon it. I didn't care as below I could see a trail of someone racing after me, higher I'd go as the barrier had a limit, that I'd swoop over it. Only then to see a white energy beam try to catch me, swiping down to evade it. Only for it to chase me as it neared me.

'Ugh, magic!' So ignoring it as I zoomed towards Jan's link, suddenly I felt everything in that moment. Jan was in danger!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.4K 878 41
She was a Human Girl, that's all she remembers. Waking up in a dark place without a body, she encounters someone she could only describe as godlike...
257 8 21
A nigh-omnipotent god gets bored so he erases his memories, gives up his power and reincarnates as a normal human in a modern world, and then dies ag...
888 12 38
At the cost of his own life, Marc finally had his revenge upon the demon that killed his family. Or so he thought. Reincarnated in a fantasy world, h...
932 15 40
Re:Monster is a Japanese web novel written by Kanekiru Kogitsune and published by Alphapolis. It was later adapted into a light novel, inspiration fo...