Healing Harper-MYG✔️

By crybabybarbie

A single mother of a newborn moves in next door to an exhausted surgeon cover idea by @nonamefetus More

#prologue.one#
#two#
#three#
#four#
#five#
#six#
#seven#
#eight#
#nine#
#ten#
#eleven#
#twelve#
#thirteen#
#fourteen#
#fifteen#
#sixteen#
#seventeen#
#eighteen#
#nineteen#
#twenty#
#twenty-one#
#twenty-two#
#twenty-three#
#twenty-four#
#twenty-five#
#twenty-six#
#twenty-seven#
#twenty-eight#
#twenty-nine#
#thirty#
#thirty-one#
#thirty-two#
#thirty-three#
#thirty-four#
#thirty-five#
#thirty-six#
#thirty-seven#
#thirty-eight#
#thirty-nine#
#forty#
#forty-one#
#forty-two#
#forty-three#
#forty-four#
#forty-five#
#forty-six#
#forty-seven#
#forty-eight#
#forty-nine#
#fifty#
#fifty-one#
#fifty-two#
#fifty-three#
#fifty-four#
#fifty-five#
#epilogue#
##one##
##three##
##four##
##five##

##two##

4.1K 261 49
By crybabybarbie

"Wow..." Harper admires the view from the window of their honeymoon home. "It's beautiful here."

"I figured you wouldn't want to be by the beach the whole time." Her husband says from behind her.

"I wouldn't have minded either way." She say as she looks at him. "As long as there was a nice view and there was a breeze, I'd have been okay with anything."

Harper wraps her arms around her husband's torso as she looks up at him.

"I know." Yoongi replies. "But I wanted to give you the best of what I could. I want us to remember these moments forever. I couldn't wait to get here and show you everything."

Harper smiles as her eyebrow raises.

"...among other reasons." Yoongi admits.

"Mhm." Harper narrows her eyes playfully. "I knew you had ulterior motives."

"I have never once claimed to be innocent when it comes to you." His hands slide from her waist to her backside.

"This is true."

Yoongi kisses her shoulder as he slides the thin strap to her dress down. She rolls her head back as he pulls the entirety of the fabric from her skin. It pools around her ankles and she steps out of it.

"Seems I wasn't the only one with ulterior motives." Yoongi whispers against her skin, pulling the fabric of her thong.

He lets it go and it snaps against her hip causing her to gasp.

"You're wearing barely anything at all." He teases.

"Why don't you join me and take this off?" She pulls his t shirt up as her hands slide up his chest.

Yoongi removes his shirt and drops it to the floor. Harper undoes the button on his shorts and he raises an eyebrow at her. She pauses and he licks his lips.

"Are you nervous all of a sudden?"

"A little bit." Harper admits.

"What for?"

"We get to do this for the rest of our lives." She says quietly. "I wouldn't have it any other way."

Yoongi inhales as she unbuttons his shorts. He takes the remainder of his clothes off and Harper tosses her thong to the side before she's quickly picked up. She yelps as he laughs.

He tosses her onto the bed and they laugh together. As he hovers over her, she admires every part of him.

"You're perfect, Yoongi."

"I don't think that I am."

"You are, for me. I love everything about you. Down to the tiny callouses on your palms. You've worked so hard for all of your twenties. You spent all of that time working. I want you to rest now, baby."

"We just got married. There's more stuff to be done now."

"Then at least let me take the load off your shoulders. You spent all this time building this beautiful foundation for your family."

"I was starting to lose hope, you know? It hurt so much because I wanted it so bad. I felt like I was starting to lose pieces of myself. I don't know what I'd have become without you, Harper. You saved me in so many ways."

Harper's eyes begin to burn and she blinks her tears away.

"I love you." Her lips brush his, exchanging breaths.

"I love you."

Harper kisses Yoongi as his body presses against hers. Realization slowly fills him.

"Fuck." He says breathlessly, dropping his head.

"What?" Harper looks at him, picking his head up to read his expression.

His eyebrows are pinched together as he licks his lips. The eye contact pushes adrenaline through his veins, exciting him.

She feels it in less innocent places, feeling the skin to skin contact. Something that they've never experienced with one another. Something that they've done very well to mitigate.

Maybe a late realization or close call here and there. But for the most part, they've done well.

"It's okay." Harper says quietly.

Her fingers thread into his hair, massaging his scalp and lightly tugging at the roots. Her nose brushes his and his lips part to welcome hers.

Instinctual, this has become for them. Accepting each other's presence, their soft gestures of love.. adoration.

Yoongi looks her in the eyes as he inhales. He reads them, misunderstanding nothing. He exhales through his nose, closing his eyes as Harper kisses him.

Harper's lips softly find their place on his. She pulls him closer when the tension in his shoulders relax.

Yoongi's hand caresses her thigh, pushing it up as he nestles himself comfortably in between again. He feels the heat radiating from her sex. 

And when he sheathes himself inside, it's like their first time all over again.

Their pupils dilate, their eyebrows pinch the slightest bit. Their lips part as their throats suddenly run dry. Harper's grip on Yoongi's arm tightens with each inch of length. She moans an exhale of euphoric relief when he rests.

They take a beat, taking time to calm their nerves and feel one another.

With no barrier, with no restriction, Yoongi and Harper become one in their most intimate space.

One of their rawest moments of tenderness.

•••

Yoongi stares at his wife's sleeping body as she rests.

It was a long day for her. She woke up not very well-rested. Onyx had come into their room for another night. Except this time, he was crying and inconsolable.

He didn't want to sleep in his room at all. He didn't care about the night lights being on, he didn't care about having his favorite blanket or stuffie.

Onyx didn't want to be in the dark at all. Not even in his parents' room.

This led to Harper having to quickly whisk him from their bed before he woke Yoongi up. They slept in the living room on the couch with the lights on.

It was very uncomfortable for Harper to sleep on the couch with their three year old laying on top of her.

By the time that Yoongi woke up for the day and found them, Harper's muscles were sore and she was cranky.

She wasn't upset with Onyx or Yoongi and didn't make them feel that way. But she was definitely visibly uncomfortable during their morning. She complained of a headache until she finally took some ibuprofen.

Onyx was as chipper as ever as the night before hadn't happened at all. After they dropped him off to Harper's parents, Yoongi told her that she should have woken him up.

She told him that there was no point in both of them being sleepy and she hadn't expected to end up sleeping on the couch. She told him that she was fine.

And then they got to work and discovered the absolute chaos they'd walked into. Hence the back to back meetings and mental burnout.

When the couple went to retrieve their son from the Taylors, they were told to get some rest. The exhaustion and frustration in them was obvious, no matter how much Harper tried to mask it.

She wanted nothing but to be close to her husband when they got back home. He noticed the way that she became more affectionate than she already is. Wanting to be held in his arms while they watched television. Hugged to his torso while they made dinner. Right up under him when they got into bed for the night.

This ended their night in lovemaking which, in turn, put them both to sleep. It's what they needed, honestly. Time to really sleep. Time to reconnect, time to be with one another.

They love their son, of course. But sometimes, they need that time for each other as well.

With a silent yawn, Yoongi pushes his unruly hair back. He smiles faintly as his wife's eyes move under her lids; a sign that she's dreaming.

He wonders what about.

Does she dream about their wedding day like he does? Does she dream about things they've talked about but have yet to execute? Does she dream about odd things like being alone in canoes on water that she'd never step foot in?

Or does she dream about simple things?

Like having picnics with him and Onyx in their backyard. Building snowmen while Onyx draws in the snow with sticks. Having cocoa on a rainy day while Popeye plays in the playground.

He's sure whatever that she's dreaming about incorporates their son somehow. They often do.

Yoongi admires Harper as her eyebrows twitch. Her lips part as she drags in a breath. She doesn't wake up, though. He can't decide whether he's relieved or a little disappointed by this.

He wants her to get her rest but he misses her. Even though it's only been nine hours since they were awake together.

He plants a kiss on her cheekbone before getting out of the bed. A chill runs through him at the cool morning air. He stretches his arms and legs before shivering a little. He walks to the bathroom and sighs as he relieves himself.

Yoongi's happy that they have today off. He wants to spend time with his wife and feel that that aspect has been lacking a bit lately.

Between work, Harper's promotion and learning Onyx's new patterns, there's been a lot of things going on.

So today, they've decided that it would be just for them. Whatever they want to do, they'll do it.

Yoongi takes a hot shower, washing the sex from the night from his skin. When he's finished, he steps out and wraps a towel around his waist. He dries off and gets dressed in sweats and a t shirt before going into the kitchen.

As the clock approaches 10 in then morning, Harper trudges into the bathroom. She rubs her eyes and yawns as she sits on the toilet to pee.

"Babe?"

"Yeah?"

"Can you bring me some tissue? There isn't any on the roll." Harper calls.

"Yeah. I'm sorry. I forgot to replace it."

"It's okay."

Yoongi walks down the hall to the linen closet. At the bottom on the floor, he reaches for a roll of toilet tissue.

"We should run out to the store today, too." Yoongi informs. "You're due for your period any day now and all you've got left is a few regular tampons."

Yoongi steps into the doorway of the bathroom and hands her the roll.

"Yeah, that's not going to cut it." Harper replies. "But I still have some of my period diaper things. I'll probably need more of those, too. I can't remember how many I have left."

"The box only comes with like seven anyway." Yoongi rolls his eyes. "We'll grab more while we're in the store. I know we need to get some toddler mucus medicine for Onyx. It's closing in on that time of year for him."

Harper sighs and looks at her husband. "We have to try to keep him from getting sick. He gets so upset and I hate seeing him cry like that."

"Yeah, I know. But he's three, babe. And he'll be starting preschool soon and he goes to daycare twice a week. There's not much we can do to stop him from getting sick there."

"I knooww." Harper groans. "I just hate it so much."

"Well, preschool is just a test run for him anyway." Yoongi reminds her. "If he's good there and he likes it, then that's great. If not, then there's always the option to get him a one-to-one in-home teacher."

"Right. And then we can still make sure he gets to daycare to get him his peer social interaction." Harper takes the tissue from him and puts it on the holder.

"Dr. Parker did help us out, too, by giving us that list of people that work with neurodivergent children. We could always use that as a starter."

Harper bites the inside of her cheek. "We'll see how he does first before making any decisions. Maybe all he'll need is an IEP. We can work with the school and get a referral and recommendation letter from Dr. Parker, if need be."

"Okay. We'll just wait it out. I'm sure that he'll be fine." Yoongi nods. "I'm gonna go flip the pancakes before they burn. Do you want your blueberry smoothie?"

"Please? With a little extra sugar? And can you put some chocolate chips in the pancake mix?"

"Yeah, your period's definitely coming." Yoongi says as he walks down the stairs.

Harper smiles to herself at his words before she pushes the door. It doesn't close, staying cracked just enough for her to hear him reach the first floor of their house.

Hearing his slippers against the hardwood floor, she reaches for one of the drawers on the sink next to her. She pulls it open and takes her box of tampons out.

Lying at the bottom is a rectangular box.

Harper's heart beats a little faster as she grabs it.

She can vividly remember the last time that she held one. She remembers every single emotion that she felt. Every ounce of adrenaline that flowed through her veins, she remembers.

She can feel it now.

Harper opens the box and takes out the dual pack of sticks, suddenly feeling incredibly nervous.

It isn't like she has any physical or current reason to be afraid of anything. And yet, she's still a little nervous.
2nd

Just get it over with. She tells herself as she opens the packages. She throws the plastic into the garbage and sets a paper towel on the counter.

Uncapping the sticks one at a time, Harper pees onto each of them before setting them on the paper towel.

They take about three minutes to work so she sets her timer before getting up.  She flushes the toilet and washes her hands as she waits.

The first minute is incredibly long.

She realizes that staring at the tests probably isn't helping at all.

"Let me get my behind in the shower."

Harper turns the water and takes Yoongi's oversized shirt off. She puts her shower cap on and steps into the tub. Letting the water wash over her muscles, she relaxes into the warm water.

She has a few things on her mind that need to be checked off. So she tries to distract her mind with those.

For example, she's been thinking about changing the theme for Onyx's room lately. He doesn't seem to be too into the whole animal get-up anymore.

He's been more fascinated by things like watching the sun rise, watching the sun set. He likes to watch YouTube videos about outer space. He watches National Geographic videos about stars and different planets.

Onyx can name all of the planets and a lot of Jupiter's moons. His favorite planet, though, is Saturn.

He could talk about it forever. If you bring the planet up, he'll tell you every fun fact that he knows about it.

Maybe we could change some of the things in his room before he comes home today. Harper thinks. It wouldn't take too long, right?

Harper thinks of what decor could go in the room, what new toys and furniture they could place in there.

We could stop by the Home store, Target, WalMart. Home Depot, if we need to. It would probably be good to check Amazon as well. They'll have some things that he'll like, for sure.

Maybe we can find a space themed clock on there.

Clocks.. watches, metronomes, anything that ticks. Anything that can be used to keep time and ticks, Onyx will enjoy.

Hence his small collection of watches.

He has a Spider-Man watch, a digital Paw Patrol watch, an Elmo watch.

When Yoongi takes him grocery shopping and they walk past the aisle, they pick out a watch for him. It's their daddy-son thing and Harper thinks it's adorable.

Beep beep! Beep beep! Beep beep!

Harper stills in the shower at the sound of the alarm beeping. She reaches her arm out and turns it off. She retracts her arm and stares at the shower wall ahead of her before grabbing her washcloth.

Harper decides to wash her body before doing anything else. She can take a few more minutes before looking at the results. Her stomach flutters at the thought of what they are. All of the possibilities float around in her mind. So many things at once that she becomes eager to look.

She finishes bathing and steps out of the tub. Her heart races in her chest as she closes the door. With shaky hands, Harper picks up the pregnancy tests.

"Oh my.." She sits down on the toilet seat, feeling faint.

Pregnant 3+

Harper stares at the blurring result and takes a deep breath in. She swallows as she closes her eyes. She exhales slowly before opening them again.

Nothing changes. The result stays the same. Not that she expected anything different.

"Okay... okay... I'm pregnant. We're having another baby. I knew it." She sniffles. "I knew it." Her voice breaks as she whispers to herself.

"Babe?"

Yoongi's voice is heard right outside the door.

"Yes?"

"The food's-. Are you crying?" He asks, eyebrows pulling together in sudden shock. "Are you okay?"

Harper stands up and opens the door, showing the tests to him.

"I'm pregnant."

Yoongi's lips part as he stares at the tests. "You're-. What?"

His hands slowly raise as he gently takes them out of her hand. He reads the results on both tests and takes a deep breath in. It gets stuck in his throat as he looks at the tests.

"Three plus?"

"My period isn't late yet, but I didn't think that I would get it anyway." Harper tells him as his eyes well up. "I kept telling myself the last couple weeks that something just feels different. I can't explain it. The last time that I felt like this, I was pregnant with Onyx."

"You're pregnant?" Yoongi asks as he stares at her.

He tucks his bottom lip between his teeth, stopping it from trembling. Harper puts her thumbs on her cheeks, rubbing his soft skin as his tears spill over.

"We're having another baby." He tells her. "We're-. I-. This is-."

"Yes, Yoongi. We're having another baby." She sniffles as she smiles up at him.

He blinks as his eyes become filled with tears again. Taking another look at the test, he loses his calm composure. He puts his head in his hands and sniffles

"Ohh, my baby." Harper hugs him and he puts his head on her shoulder.

Yoongi holds her body against his and she squeezes his torso.

"Thank you." He says quietly. "Thank you. I love you so much."

Harper wipes his cheeks again and kisses his face. he sniffles, trying to force his composure, though it's a bit of a struggle at first.

"Do you want to go eat now before the food gets cold?" Harper asks.

"Yeah. Does anything make you sick?" He asks as he holds her hands in his. "Any smells bothering you? Anything I can get to make you more comfortable at home? Or in the office? I can talk to Dr. Mitchell about accommodations and things for you."

His eyes are big and warm, so serious about doing anything for her.

"No." Harper finds him endearing. "Nothing's bothering me now. I've been feeling a little nauseous the last couple of days but nothing has made me sick yet. And I don't need anything for home yet. I'll be okay for right now. We still have to go to the doctor and confirm and find out how far along and all those things."

"Okay but you'll tell me when you need things, right? You'll tell me if you're not feeling okay?" He takes a step back out of the bathroom as Harper moves with him.

"Yes, I will. I promise. You'll be the first person that I tell."

"Okay, and if you need stuff at work, you'll tell me?"

"Baby, our offices are right next to each other's."

"Yes, but still."

Harper giggles at her husband's pout and subtle offense.

"Yes, I will tell you when I need things at home and in the office. And if I'm not feeling well, I'll tell you that, too."

"Okay." Yoongi speaks but doesn't move. He stares at his wife with sparkles in his eyes and she laughs.

....

....

"You're having my baby." He says quietly.

"I am having your baby." She confirms.

"We're giving Onyx a sibling."

"We are."

"Do you think he's going to be sad?"

"I don't know, actually." Harper realizes.

She doesn't know what he'll think or how he will respond. She is not sure how he will adapt or handle the news. Even with neurotypical children, it's hit or miss on how they'll react.

"We should talk to Dr. Parker and ask her if there are ways that she recommends telling him. Maybe she has some ideas that could help."

"I was going to suggest talking to Taehyung and Hailey as well." Yoongi tells her. "They'll probably have some good input, too."

"Oh, yeah. Well, we'd have to break the news to them first." Harper reminds him. "But all of that is going to have to wait. I'm going to call my doctor and make an appointment so we can confirm and find out how far along I am."

"And it's usually recommended not to tell anyone until past the 12 week mark, so we'll have some time to wait."

Harper hugs her husband as they stand in the hall. He kisses her cheekbones then her nose as she smiles softly.

He can see the flickers of something different than joy in her eyes. He's seen it a few times throughout the duration of their relationship, mostly in the beginning.

It was there when he offered to watch Onyx when she first started working at the hospital. It was there when his parents said they'd watch Onyx for their first date on New Years' Eve. It was there when she woke up the morning after they had sex for the first time.

It was there when she was standing in her wedding dress and realized she'd be walking down the aisle. It was there when it hit her that they'd actually be living in their house together.

And it's here now that the information is fully sinking into her that she's pregnant again.

"I'm pregnant."

"You are."

"We're married."

"We are." Yoongi confirms again. "And you're safe and Onyx is safe. And I love you."

"I'm happy." She says quietly.

"Yeah?"

"Mhm." She nods as Yoongi smiles softly. "I love you."

"I know, baby." He replies as he kisses her forehead.

"I know."

A|N
#So most of y'all know I don't do things for no reason. Their disagreement in chapter 49 was a preface/foreshadowing for when this moment would happen. I was very annoyed when people started calling Harper out of her name and being rude because for one: it's rude (duh) and disrespectful to a character I've put so much time and thought into.

#And two: because if people had payed enough attention to Harper and her personality, they'd have known and realized that she said what she said solely out of a panicked 'fight or flight' type of response. It annoyed me to no end that they completely disregarded who she is or just didn't pay enough attention to her in the first place.

#ANYWAY, thank you for your support :) We have another little Min-Taylor on the way!! Love you always <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

554K 18.7K 99
ᴅᴇsᴄʀɪᴘᴛɪᴏɴ ᴇɴᴄʟᴏsᴇᴅ ɪɴsɪᴅᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴏᴏᴋ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇɢɪɴɴɪɴɢ ᴏғ ᴇᴀᴄʜ ᴘᴀʀᴛ вooĸ one: нoѕeoĸ'ѕ ѕecreт cнιld (c̶o̶m̶p̶l̶e̶t̶e̶d̶ ) вooĸ тwo: υѕ agaιnѕт тнe wor...
637 39 2
yoongi never sleeps and jimin sleeps around. between broken hearts and late night walks, they find a place to heal.
4.6K 250 73
She brings a whole new meaning to this small world we live in. Naiomi a gangster at heart whos life are more ways than twisted meets well rounded K...
15.3K 592 18
Yoongi shrunk down in his seat and slumped, pouting. "Why does he do this to me?" "Why does he what?" "Steal my heart." ~Yoonkook~