Watching Accelerator

By -Tsugi-

This will be a story where the characters watch Accelerator. I do specifically mean Accelerator, the characte... More

Pulling them
Index 1 episode 19
Index 1 Episode 20
Accelerator episode 1
Accelerator Episode 2
Accelerator episode 3
Accelerator episode 4
Accelerator episode 5
Accelerator episode 6
Accelerator episode 7
Accelerator episode 9
Accelerator episode 10
Accelerator episode 11
Accelerator episode 12
Railgun S 11
Index ll ep 7 & Endymion
Index ll episode 17
Index ll episode 18
Index ll episode 19
Index ll episode 20
Index ll episode 21
Index ll episode 22
Index ll episode 23
Index ll Episode 24
Index lll Episode 3 & 4
Index lll episode 5
Index lll episode 6
Index lll episode 15
Index lll episode 16
Index lll Episode 17
Index lll Epi 18 & 19
Index lll episode 20
Index lll episode 21
Index lll episode 22 and 23
Index lll episode 24 and 25
Index lll Episode 26
Normal? What's that?
People with power are assholes...
Kids, huh?
Fail
Should've listened, hm?
Figured it out

Legs, man who needs'em?

100 4 4
By -Tsugi-

3rd pov

Accelerator knew it was going to be a bad day as soon as he woke up, his leg pulsing in pain, a sort of bone deep one that has him sighing in annoyance, because he had made plans with his family, a picnic and even a bit of shopping, but now he was not going to manage that, unless one of them was willing to either carry him or be his crutch, given the actual crutch only does so much for him when his leg gets like this. With a hiss and a wince, he scoots his legs out from under the covers, amused and a bit worried to find that the bed is cold, meaning that whoever came to cuddle up with him last night - someone always shares his bed, claiming he gives off a lot of heat or comfort - had been gone for a while now, which likely means he slept in quite a bit. He reaches for his crutch, levering it under him so he can stand, already regretting it as his leg pulses angrily, but he has to at least get to the bathroom to get his medicine that might make it more manageable, hopefully.

Honestly, the medicine is a sort of 50/50, just with better chances because most of the time it works, but there are some days where the pain is too bad or the medicine just doesn't work the way it should, and the albino really hopes this is not one of those, because he'd like to be in a bit less pain rather than how he is, because he's going on the picnic at the very least, he'd like to manage the shopping as well, given there's some manga he'd like to grab, but he can deal at least with the goddamn picnic. As the teen opens the mirror, he realizes the picnic is all he is likely to manage, given that the pill bottle is not there, meaning he's either empty, or it's being filled because it was already getting low, so it's not here and he can't take any. Shit, this is not his day already. Worst is hanging out with some of her coworkers, and Yoshikawa is going for some interviews for jobs, but the rest of them will be at the picnic and he can only hope that they are fine with him leaving afterwards.

He moans and heads downstairs, where he can already hear the others talking and excited, though the pain of moving his leg mutes it a bit, he manages to at least keep track of what they are saying, and has time to know what it means for him, since he has to move slower due to his leg.

"-Misaka wants to play at the park, exclaims Misaka in happiness at getting to go outside with everyone!" Last Order's joy and excitement are clear and easy to hear in her every word, the little brat likely spinning in circles and running around already.

"I can't wait to start this new book, it's so interesting-" Index had recently gotten into some book series, the albino not so secretly buying her the next few books when she's almost finished with the one she has, Touma pitching in, and is extremely invested in the story, enough so that since the park is more for Last Order than anything, she'll be leaning in or on a tree reading.

"I want to try a few new things with my ability." Mikoto had been determined to be more creative with her ability, trying all sorts of things and getting excited when they work, plus she has fun, so Yomikawa is letting her get away with it.

"I'm just really excited to spend time with all of you." Touma had been busy recently with exams and studying and such, so he hadn't seen the rest of them as much, especially since he is getting better with his studies, but he is still not as academically smart as he is street smart, but they're getting him there slowly and steadily.

There's no way in hell Accelerator is going to destroy or ruin their picnic, though it's not like he had planned on doing anything, except lay on the blanket or whatever they plan on eating the picnic on, maybe watch the sky, maybe dose, possibly just listen to Touma, Yomikawa and Index talk, with Mikoto occasionally throwing in something from her place close by. He might even let them get away with playing with his hair, despite the fact they'll be in public and anyone could see, but he also knows they can all more or less take care of themselves, what with Mikoto teaching Last Order and her Sister's some more techniques they can use with their ability, as well as how to fight in general, just to be safe and to ease their worries a bit.

"Ah, there he is, the sleeping wolf. Finally ready to go, are we?" Yomikawa has a wicked grin on her face as she spots the albino standing in the doorway of the living room, watching them all, but she also notes the way he's leaning heavily on his crutch, his face not paler - he rarely if ever gets paler due to his complexion - but most definitely covered in a bit of sweat and there's a look in his eyes, a mask covering the pain he is likely in, and she notes all of this because she is now a mom, but also due to her Anti-Skill training.

"Fuck you. I'm more than ready, let's go and get this over with." The teen rolls his eyes and starts for the door, Last Order giving a cheer and following after him, while the others take a moment more, Touma exchanging a glance with the older woman, who gives him a barely there nod, sadness passing through his eyes in response, before they both act like nothing's wrong, Mikoto too busy trying to figure out her next technique with her ability and Index trying her hardest to figure out what the twist in her series might be, because it seems pretty normal, but something has to give or change, right? They leave the house, the noir carrying the basket with the picnic, Yomikawa carrying a large blanket over her arm, the house not far from the schools or any of the parks, though only one is really big enough for what they plan.

It doesn't take them long to get there, only a 15 minute walk, but in that time, Accelerator had steadily started putting more weight on his crutch, easy to tell for Touma and Yomikawa, since they are paying attention for it, since he leans more towards the side and his limp is more pronounced when he does that, though it doesn't always seem that way, given he tends to put quite a bit of weight on his crutch to begin with. Last Order and Index are walking ahead, both excited to get there but not allowed to go out of sight of the others for fear someone might try something to theme, Mikoto just barely 2 steps behind them, muttering to herself, twitching electricity between her fingers as she works the problem out, throwing in her own voice to the two younger girls conversation on occasion. Yomikawa is walking behind Accelerator, in case she needs to catch him in case he pushes himself too hard, already planning to slip away and ask Heaven for some more of his medicine, since they had ordered it, but the damned people at the pharmacy always move slower on his prescription, since most of them dislike the albino, rather than fear him. (Needless to say, after Yomikawa calls him, Heaven has the pharmacy put under inspection and everyone is pretty much fired, the place shutting down for a few weeks as it tries to hire new people.)

Touma is right next to the albino, basket in hand and casually prompting the boy to talk, the conversation easy and not requiring much of his attention, though the noir also keeps him from finding out exactly what is in the basket since he knows the dumbass is trying to work out in his head what's in it, which is also distracting him from the pain he is in, though only just barely. They arrive to the park, the smallest one racing away to the playground immediately, Mikoto heading towards an open field by a small grove of trees, Index heading for one of said trees, while the other three just sigh in exasperation, fondness and amusement, before heading for the trees themselves, more than ready to settle down and enjoy themselves. Yomikawa sets the blanket down, spreading it out and Touma sets the picnic basket on it, before settling down, Accelerator slowly and carefully lowering himself down, before he carelessly sprawls out, hands tucked behind his head, crutch left at his side. Yomikawa settles above the albino, almost right next to the noir, gently running her fingers through his hair, more than happy to do anything that might ease his pain and get him used to touch, since he still flinches or shies away sometimes.

The two start murmuring to each other, letting the albino slip into a doze and then sleep, seeing no reason to keep him awake, both keeping an eye on the others, since they know that at least the albino, as well as Mikoto are well known level 5 espers, though only the boy's description is known, while the girl herself is known damn well, with it being easier to find her battles or anything of the sort, which makes Yomikawa concerned and angry at the lack of privacy given to young kids with lots of power. Index is deep into her book, while Mikoto appears to be getting the hang of whatever she is trying, Last Order playing with some of the other kids at the playground, though she is obviously being careful since she has a level 3 ability and could hurt them if she's not careful since she still hasn't gotten full control of it just yet, sparking sometimes when she's angry or - more often - embarrassed. Touma gently shifts after Accelerator has been asleep for a while, moving closer to his leg in order to prop it up, using his own lap as it's resting place, gently massaging the muscle and leg in general, making sure to keep his hands to himself, never straying too far past the knee, since it's mostly the lower leg that has issues anyways.

Everything is going well, with the noir calling all of them over to eat the picnic, which is sandwiches and a smaller thing of food for Accelerator with everything he needs to perhaps get some actual muscle on his skin and bones, since he has some but not nearly enough. They gently wake the albino who grumbles at them, but sits up to eat his food, Touma his leaning rest since he's still more asleep than awake, and they're murmuring to each other softly, sparing fond, soft looks at the teen who's almost asleep in his food, barely aware of what he is eating, let alone that he is eating, something they use to get him to eat the amount he should be rather than what he wants. (They all feel warm, aware that his food had been poisoned and tampered with on several occasions, so for him to eat the food and not even be bothered, much less realize it, shows how much he trusts them as well as loves them.) It's only afterwards that the problem becomes real, because shortly after they finish eating, they realize clouds have rolled in and it looks like it will rain soon, so they decide to leave.

Unfortunately, on bad leg days, Accelerator's leg has more issues with the rain, so he grits his teeth, well aware Last Order and Index love the rain and are going to move slow enough to enjoy it and make sure they get at least a little wet, while Touma and Mikoto watch over them, Yomikawa carrying the empty basket that only has the blanket, the albino at her side since he wants out of the rain before it begins, since being in it is worse than it just existing, spikes of pain along his leg every time he moves it, regardless of if it's taking his weight or not. If they're not home before the rain, someone will have to carry him back because he won't make it more than a few feet before his leg gives out. He managed the night Last Order was taken because it was not a bad leg day, he had been fine, but days like this, where he's already in pain and has no medicine to calm it in any way? He gets completely fucked up by these.

They're almost there, only a couple of blocks, when it starts to rain - not just a sprinkle, not slowly - and they only get a chance to blink before they start getting soaked. Most people would usually run for cover, but none of them do that, see no reason to, since Index and Last Order enjoy the rain and while the others are only ok with it, running would do nothing but leave Accelerator to walk home on his own with the two girls and that's just rude and mean, so they maintain their pace, if slightly faster. The albino tries to keep up, he really does, but before long he's at the back of the pack, limp more prominent and he's gritting his teeth, focus more on the pain than anything else, so when his crutch catches on a lip on the sidewalk, he stumbles, all his weight going on his bad leg as he tries to regain his balance and that's it, his leg folding under him without warning, causing him to land awkwardly on one knee, crutch on the ground beside him. The others had turned at the sound of the crutch stuttering and feet trying to recover themselves, and Touma is the one to hurry forward, crouching next to his brother.

"You all good?" There's worry and concern and love in his voice, as he reaches out a hand to help the idiot up off the ground, though he becomes more concerned when the albino appears to not hear him at all.

"Accelerator?" Yomikawa asks from where she's standing behind Touma, a hand on his back, watching the albino, the worry clear in her tone as they wait for him to answer them in any way.

"Fuckin hell..." Accelerator finally groans because damnit, that had hurt in a way he can't even describe, the fall, the momentum and in general it being a bad day causing him to ignore anything but himself as he tried to stop from crying out in pain, choosing to not answer the dumbasses till now. "Shit... Someone is going to have to carry me home." The last bit are more murmured than anything, clearly he isn't happy about it, but knows he needs the help and is asking for it in his own way. Yomikawa and Touma exchange looks, before the noir steps forward, turning to offer his back the woman gently helping shift the albino around, until he's resting on the noir's back, then grabs the crutch, pressing the button to cause it to collapse in on itself and tucking it into the basket.

"Alright, let's get out of this rain before we get sick or anything." Yomikawa ushers the girls forward, silently letting them know that the boy is ok, despite being given a piggy back, and they hurry, worry causing them to move a bit faster, plus they really are soaked and it no longer feels nice, their clothes sticking to them and making it harder to move. Accelerator grits his teeth every time his leg is jostled, but says nothing, though he sighs in relief and happiness when they get to the house, since he'll be able to relax and sleep and maybe take some medicine if it's come in, which will knock him out until tomorrow at the very earliest. Touma gently lowers the albino down, since he will have to take a bath before he goes to bed or gets his medicine, so he leads the way, they'll go first and then leave it warm for the girls, which will let him help the albino with ease.

The bath takes no time at all, even as they soak a bit to get warm, before heading out, ready to get dressed - which they do at their own pace, the albino struggling with the pants and Touma having a general struggle with his shirt, almost getting stuck several times - grabbing a dish from the counter and heading upstairs. Accelerator eats his food easily, before accepting the pills handed to him, not bothering to question how the shit knew and just be grateful, before scooting onto the bed, getting under the covers. Touma tucks the blankets in and everything, expands the crutch and leans it on the nightstand, and makes sure everything their brother might need is within reach, and that he is comfortable, before leaving the room to eat dinner with the rest.

(Yomikawa checks on the boy later, to find Mikoto and Last Order have joined him, curling up with him, his arm spread over them in a way that would make it hard for either to be taken or move without him knowing and potentially waking up, a warmth in her chest. Of course, she enters quietly and fixes the blanket so it covers them all, places gently kisses on their foreheads and then leaves just as quietly, heading to bed herself, having already checked on Touma, who has a habit of staying up late to read, study, or even cook sometimes. Honestly, these kids.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

84.9K 2.8K 29
Two worlds, once completely seperate, now forever connected by one gate. This gate is connected by an ancient bridge. A bridge whose builder is unkno...
3.5K 85 11
Every world with loads of superpowers is bound to have an immeasurable amount of characters with powers that are useless, too powerful, or just plain...
15.2K 400 15
I have started a better version of this story so I recommend you read that instead. Thanks As soon as accelerator activated his platinum wings in his...
1.8K 132 5
accelerator finds himself stuck in a strange new world and the timeline itself wont let him go home what should he do and who will he side with, wel...