glitch | jack hughes

By hughesluvr1989

We were supposed to be just friends, you don't live in my part of town but maybe I'll see you out some weeken... More

Introduction
Disclaimer
Playlist
Cast
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Epilogue
Epilogue media pt.1
Epilogue pt.2
Epilogue media pt.2
thank you!

Chapter 21

7.2K 54 65
By hughesluvr1989

Josephine

"Hey, why don't we go to one of Luke's games?" I ask him, as he runs his fingertips up and down my arm in a soothing matter. He sighs softly, staring at the ceiling, "I wish I could, but honestly, every time I go, I get treated like a celebrity, making Luke uncomfortable." He looks down at me, after saying that. "Oh okay, well I want to go, "I tell him wanting to be more a part of Jack's life, including those around him. 

He smiles softly before pressing his lips to my forehead. "Okay," is all he says before he takes a deep breath then says, "You have such a good heart, Josie. It's one of my favorite things about you." He tells me making me warm and fuzzy inside, now that that's settled I cuddle myself into him, drifting off into a deep sleep.

The next few days after that conversation I start planning my trip to Michigan, first asking Luke if me going is something he's okay with. I shoot him a quick message, slightly nervous for his response. 

Josie: Hey, would it be cool if I came to one of your games?

Me! Hater 〽️: Omg that'd be sick! I'd really appreciate it

Josie: Okay yay! Send me your schedule 

Once I settle on what was scaring me the most, I start looking for flights that align with his schedule. He has a Friday and Saturday game next week both in Michigan, and I know I want to see him more than once, so I'll go to that one and watch him play before he goes over to play for the Devils. 

I send my flight info to both Luke and Jack, just so we're all on the same page. Luke responds with the confetti effect on Imessage, and Jack responds with a red heart and 'I'll take you there.' I'm excited to go to Luke's game especially if his family isn't usually able to go because they're well-known.

The day before my flight, I run through my checklist of items I need to bring, mentally checking it off when I know for sure it's in my suitcase. Right as I finish that list, I snap my head in the direction of knocking on my door. 

Jack had said he wanted to spend some time with me before I left for Michigan, so I prance over to the door opening it up to see my beautiful boyfriend. "Hi gorgeous," He smiles, pulling me into a hug, walking us into my house, and closing the door behind us. "Hi back," I mutter into his ear as he squeezes me tightly.

"All packed?" He asks, looking at my suitcase against the wall. "Yep, I'm excited," I tell him, as we make our way to the couch. "What do you want to do?" He asks, pressing his cheek into his fist, staring at me with a sparkle in his eye. We could paint, watch tv, or make some food, but instead, a better idea pops into my head. 

"Uhh, can I show you something?" I smile at him and lead him into my music room. His smile grows the minute he walks in, taking in all my instruments. "Wow, sometimes I forget how many instruments you play, you're so cool." He says still in awe. "I can teach you one of them, I don't know how you'd feel about this, but you'd look pretty sexy with an electric guitar. And I mean you already have fast fingers." I smirk at him, causing him to bite his lip and pull me against him.

"I'd love to learn, especially if you're teaching me." He leans in meshing our lips together in a heated kiss, but I pull away so I don't get distracted from what I was trying to show him. "Baby, I want to play you something I'll kiss you later." I tease him, but he steals one more kiss before sitting in my spinny chair. 

"But I take it as a compliment, you make me really nervous. What are you doing to me now? What are you doing to me now? You came out of the blue like that, you came out of the blue like that. I never could've seen you coming, I think you're everything I've wanted." I sing to him, not once looking up from my guitar.

"Send me every song that keeps you up from sleeping I bet I could recite them all I won't forget the feeling. Of staying up with you despite the space between us I've never felt this close to someone, what if you're my weakness?" I finally take one look up at him, and he has tears building up in his eyes. I put my guitar down to reach up for him.

"No, I didn't want to make you upset," I tell him, sitting in his lap to hold him. "Baby, baby, I'm not upset, at all." He blinks letting a tear fall out but I catch it before it can stream down his face. "I just can't believe you wrote a song about me." He shakes his head in disbelief. Wait til he finds out this whole album is probably going to be about my breakup and how it led me to him. 

His tears make his eyes gleam, I cradle his face in my hands, running my fingers up and down his jaw. "I'd write a million songs about you," I whisper, before pressing my lips to his. "I'll shoot every puck for you." He says back making me cheese like the happiest girl on the planet.

After a while, we bake some cookies, watch some tv, and just talk. I learn more about him, from little things like his favorite color to some deep questions. We begin noticing how long we've been talking and take our talk to my bed. I wash my face, ordering him into the restroom to do the same. 

We get in bed, scooting closer to each other so we can continue talking. He takes a hand, and runs it through my hair, "I'm gonna miss you, Lee." he sniffles "It's easier when I leave because then I'm the one that's not stuck at home all day." he gives me a sad smile. 

"I won't be gone for too long, I'll be back Monday." I kiss his nose, tucking hir hair behind his ears. "Besides, I've already seen 2/3 of the Hughes brothers play, I have to go to figure out who does it better." I laugh trying my best to lighten up the mood. Jack scoffs, rolling his eyes before saying, "You know who does it better," and he rolls on top of me, slotting himself in between my legs, and resting his head on my chest.

I start playing with his hair, soothing him to sleep. My other hand traces shapes onto his back, scratching it the way I like it. He hums when I get to his lower back, wiggling away when it tickles. There were a lot of times when I wished I wasn't someone's girlfriend, but right now I am so happy to be the girlfriend of the warmest boy on me. Not even just temperature-wise, but on the inside too, he has such a warm energy I could cling to him all day.

Playing with his hair, and watching him sleep makes me tear up. I'm so happy to be able to exist with him, I'm not quite sure what I did to deserve him.

My alarm clock rings and I feel awful having to push my human form of sunshine off my body so I can go to Michigan. He grumbles when I try getting up, resting all of his weight on me. "Jack, honey I've got to get ready," I say softly, scratching his back. He rolls off, tugging all of my blankets over him as I move to the restroom to get ready. 

By the time I'm out, Jack is dressed, but looking exhausted. "You ready?" He asks gently, reaching for my hand. I nod my head, taking his hand with mine as he leads me to the car. Once we're settled inside, he picks my hand back up, intertwining his fingers with mine. "I have a few rules for your trip," He says softly, making me furrow my brows.

"I want a call every day, I want a picture of how stunning you look while you're gone, and I want you to have a fuckin' blast." He smiles at me, making the pit in my stomach disappear. I giggle softly and squeeze his hand, "I can do that, baby." 

Once we get to my drop-off location, he gets off the car and grabs my suitcase from the trunk. "Have a good time, I'll miss you." He kisses my forehead. "I'll miss you, stay safe for me," I tell him before walking away from him. I get settled inside, waiting for my plane to take off. 

My flight was pretty short and I kept myself preoccupied throughout it, the only part still scaring me is landing. But once it's over I feel like I can breathe. I grab my suitcase and get off the plane looking for the youngest Hughes brother. I search and search but I can't seem to find him until I catch sight of a few boys with a whiteboard that says 'Legacy Lee'

I chuckle and start walking over to the group of boys, one of who I now recognize as Luke. He hands his sign over to his friends and walks over to pull me into a hug. "Hey Lukey," I smile big as I press up onto my tippy toes to hug my boyfriend's little brother. "Let me introduce you to my friends, they wanted to meet you." I mumble an 'okay,' and pull away.

"Boys, this is Josie, future sister in law so no flirting with her," He says, making me blush at the fact that he called his 'future sister in law' I mean it's what I want to be, but it makes me happy that he's so sure of it after meeting me only a month ago. 

"Jos, this is Adam Fantilli, his brother Luca Fantilli, Ethan Edwards, he'll be playing on the Devils soon, and Mark Estapa. Duker couldn't come but you'll meet him eventually." I smile at all of them, giving each of them a side hug as Luke introduces them to me.

Luke lets me sit in the passenger seat and throughout the ride, the boys talk about the team they're playing tonight but as Luke checks his mirror he yells, "Mark! Stop looking at Josie." I turn my head, to look at Mark who won't look me in the eye. He throws his hands over his face, groaning before saying, "Come on man, why would you do that?" 

I start laughing, as all the boys stop their chatter to clown on Mark. "Dumbass," Ethan says, ruffling Mark's hair. After the boys walk me to my hotel room, they take me to their campus to give me a tour. 

"Well this is a building, I've never been in here," Luke says, showing me around UMich. "What a tour, man." I laugh as they give me the dumbest explanations for everything. They take me to the rink, showing me where they make their youtube videos and where I'll meet them after the game.

"Lee, this outfit isn't going to work. I'm sure Jacky Boy would love this but you need more merch." Ethan says, looking at my outfit. "Luke, we're giving Lee to my dorm for a makeover!" He says, waving me over in his direction towards his dorm. 

Luke laughs running behind us to catch up before walking into Ethan and Mark's dorm. "Okay, let's see," He says looking through his closet, tapping a finger to his lips. I sit on Ethan's bed as the three boys discuss what I need to wear. "Okay you need these sunnies, because you're famous, you need the beanie, you need a sweater but you can't wear Lukey's, because duh, so you can wear mine, but actually I don't know, you will probably still get shit on." He rambles, talking a mile a minute.

I put the beanie and sunglasses on, as they look for a UMich hoodie that doesn't have a name or number on it. "I have one," Mark says while scrolling through Instagram on his phone. Luke and Ethan look at me to make sure I'm cool with wearing Mark's sweater and I nod, knowing there's no harm in that. 

"Hold up I have an even better idea, give me a second," Ethan says with the biggest smile, before running out. "Adam!" He says hanging onto the door frame with his head out the door. Next thing you know I hear Adam yell, "What?" I start cackling, as Ethan yells, "Where's your girlfriend?" Adam walks out of his dorm to stop yelling.

"In her dorm, probably." He responds "Can you call her to see if she has any fun game day outfits Josie can borrow, because while this," he says motioning over towards me, making Adam throw his head back and laugh. "Looks amazing, she looks a bit silly." He finishes, as Adam holds his stomach from laughing so hard.

"Yeah, yeah I'll call her, and Josie you can sit with her. She is a sweetheart, but I'm a bit biased." He says, before calling his girlfriend in front of us. I chill in Ethan and Mark's room with Luke while Molly brings clothes over to the dorm for me to change into. 

I look up the minute I hear a knock on the door and see a short blonde girl walk into the dorm. I jump off the bed to meet her and Adam was right she seems like the sweetest girl. "Well here are some clothes you can try on, all the girls go all out!" She says excitedly, before giving me her number so I can find her in the arena.

I thank her like four times, before running into Luke's dorm to change. I put on Yellow pants, and a cropped UMich windbreaker, but I'll probably wear Mark's hoodie over it anyway. After changing I walk back into Ethan's dorm, knocking before entering. "Okay!" They say in unison, clapping when they see my new and improved outfit. 

"Now that is a great outfit!" Ethan claps. I twirl, before hopping back on an open space on a bed. "Oh fuck, we got to get dressed, boys!" Luke says, before running into his dorm to change. Mark and Ethan grab their suits and run into another room to change. Once they come back they're all in their suits, coming to say goodbye before they go to the rink.

"You guys look so handsome." I 'aww' at them, pinching Luke's cheeks. "Okay Jos, you can stay in our room or Luke's, we'll see you after," Ethan says before they walk out. 

After a while Molly texts me that she was leaving Adam's dorm now if I wanted to just come with her now, so I get up leaving the dorm to meet her in the hallway. She tells me that she's glad I decided to come because one of her friends got hoed by a hockey player and now doesn't want to go to the games. 

"Man, that sucks. We got lucky though." I smile at her as we leave the building. "Who are you dating on the team? Luke? Mark? Ethan?" She asks, grinning each time she mentions a new boy. I shake my head with wide eyes, "No, no, I'm dating Luke's brother, Jack. I just wanted to come to support him." I tell her, and when I mention Jack her eyes almost bulge out of her eyes. 

The minute it slips out, my hands fly toward my mouth. "I won't tell. But dang, dating Hot Shot Hughes. Good for you, he's a great guy." She tells me, but I already knew all of that. 

Once we make it to the game, I put on the pair of sunglasses Ethan gave me to conceal my identity. Twitter would have a field day if they knew I was at the UMich hockey game right now. I watch as Adam skates past Molly, winking at her, and making her blush excessively. God I miss Jack, I'll have to call him tonight to tell him all about my first day here. 

I'm on the edge of my seat for the last few minutes, but when Adam steals the puck away ramming it into the net, UMich wins the game. Molly and I jump up from my seat, squealing at the fact that her boyfriend scored the winning goal. We dart out the doors to meet them where they showed me earlier today. 

As Molly waits for Adam with the brightest smile on her face it reminds me a lot of me and what I probably look like waiting for Jack. Adam walks out in his suit making a run for his girlfriend. I take a few pictures of them as I wait for Luke. He walks out with Duker, Ethan, and Mark, Luca trailing in behind them. "Dude, you're unbelievable!" I say before hugging Luke.

"What about us, Lee?" Ethan jokes, causing me to hug the rest of the boys, telling them I'm proud of them. "Mark, geez you're going to give Trevor a run for his money with how many penalties you get." I joke, making him shake his head and laugh. He's been kind of awkward ever since Luke called him out in the car and I want to fix that.

We go out to eat in a quiet part of town, just bonding and laughing with the guys. "Hey Jos, I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable earlier." Mark apologizes quietly. "Mark, no it's alright," I hug him, pulling away to say "I didn't feel weird at all, I just felt bad that you felt bad," I tell him, and we fix all the awkwardness there. 

Luke and his friends drop me off at my hotel, all the boys yelling, "Night Josie!" Before I walk into the lobby.  I laugh, turning to wave at them, "Goodnight, I'll see you tomorrow." I tell them, thinking of all the fun things that happened tonight. 

Before heading to sleep my phone starts buzzing like crazy, I pick it up thinking it might be Jack, but instead, it's a group chat with a bunch of numbers I don't recognize

Umich bad bitches except Lee doesn't go here

Unknown number: HEY

Unknown number 2: WHATS GOOD LEE?

Unknown number 3: LEE!!!!

Unknown number 4: AHHH THE GC HAS BEEN MADE!!

Lee: I'm going to need all of you to say who you are

Unknown number 3: it's Mark

Unknown number 2: It's Luca

Unknown number 4: Rutger

Unknown number: Adam, the better fantilli

Luca: BRUH STFU

Me! Hater〽️:  They wanted to talk with you

Mark: No... 

Frank: we want pancakes

Lee: YOU'RE USING MEEE!!!

Lee: I'll just add my dad in here

Ethan: DONT EVEN SAY THAT

Mark: LEE PLEASE DON'T MESS WITH US LIKE THAT

Me! Hater〽️:  she does this way too often😔

Lee: Okay, but bring everything because I have nothing

Mark: on it! 

A.N// HEY GUYS I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER I LOVE YOU!!! SORRY FOR THE SHORT AN I GTG BUT I WANTED YOU GUYS TO HAVE SOMETHING! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

89.3K 711 26
[UNDERGOING EDITING] luke hughes, your college friend invited you to his draft party the year he was seeing if he would get drafted. you finally meet...
241K 5.7K 64
๏ฝกยฐโœฉ | ห—หห‹ โ˜† หŽหŠห— | ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด๐—ฒ๐—ฟ "but you always really knew i just want to be with you" โ i love her but she won't forgive me โž โ i think she will โž q...
12.6K 230 8
"Can you love him again?" "If I can trust him" โ˜†.๏ฝก.:* .๏ฝก.:*โ˜† โ˜†.๏ฝก.:* .๏ฝก.:*โ˜† โ˜†.๏ฝก.:* .๏ฝก.:*โ˜† โ˜†.๏ฝก.:* .๏ฝก.:*โ˜† A American Hockey player and a American figure...
93.6K 1.4K 46
โ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ, ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฌ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ต ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ฆ๐˜ด?โž the story in which the girlfriend of jack hughes starts having...