Chasing You

By izzy_raven_poe

Harry, Louis, and Sophia have been best friends since elementary school. In middle school, everyone called th... More

Chasing You
Chapter 1: Bullying Me (8 years old)
Chapter 2: Dating My Enemy (14 years old)
Chapter 3:Losing Love (17 years old)
Chapter 4: Don't Mix Fantasy With Reality
Chapter 5: Do You Have the X-Factor?
Chapter 6: Promises Broken
Author's Notes! I know, we all hate these..
Chapter 1 fixing...
Chapter 7: One Man's Trash is Another Man's Treasure
Chapter 8: Destiny Made (5 years later)
Chapter 9: Meeting the Change
Chapter 10: The Ugly Truth
Chapter 11: Playing The Game
Chapter 12: Management's Secret
Chapter 13: Karma
Chapter 14: Telling The Truth
Author's notes PLEASE READ
Chapter 15: Escape the Fate
Chapter 16: Losing Hope
Chapter 17: Dead or Alive
Chapter 18: Is There Such a Thing as Miracles?
Chapter 19: Breaking Barriers
Chapter 20: Welcome Home
Chapter 22: Falling into Place
Epilogue

Chapter 21: Happy Birthday Louis

168 4 1
By izzy_raven_poe

Sophia's POV

His breath trickled down my skin, disintegrating into my sweat. His eyes, a bewildering black, widened the closer his face got to mine. Tears streamed down my face as panic took control of my body. My head turned quickly, trying to find an escape from this unknown place. His cold hands trembled up my arm, squeezing it roughly. My breathing sped as the stinging pain accelerated like billions of tiny needles stabbing me at once. Opening my mouth, not a single scream escaped my chapped lips. His smile widened knowning there was no escape for me. His Blondie hair was tangled, making him portray a mad-man. Looking to my right again, Sam's small, fragile body appeared. His eyes drew a darkness that I couldn't explain. His grey eyes turned into dark clouds. Before I could try another scream, fire surrounded him, shielding him from my sight. Squirming, I tried to break from from Nick's clutch, but I was too weak. He held his hand up, a silver razor glistening in the little light that showed. My eyes widened as I felt a sharp pain dagger into my sad.

"Stop!" I screamed. I sat up in a cold sweat. Looking to my right, I saw Sam still sleeping soundly. Rubbing my head, I eased my breathing. Through a little crack, sun shined through the window.

"Are you okay?" Kassy asked opening the door in a rush. She stood there in a panic, her hair standing in odd angles. I nodded, still trying to ease myself from the nightmare. For the past few nights, I've had the same dream and unusually wake up in the same spot too. As soon as the funeral is over, you'll be back to normal. 

"Uh-huh," Kassy sighed unconvinced. As she left the room, I quietly tip-toed out of bed and met her in the kitchen. The smell of newly brewed coffee filled the air. I plopped onto a stool and waited for Kassy to hand me my mug. I sipped the hot liquid, warming my throat.

"It was that stupid dream again," I sighed stirring my coffee. Sighing, Kassy took the stool next to me and wrapped her arms around my neck.

"Just a few more days Soph. That's it. Once it's over we can all go back to normal." Normal? What is normal... When she said normal all I could think about was the boys. What if they have to leave us because of publicity. What if Louis starts to hate me again and leaves me without an explanation? Panic began to burst through my body. I don't think I could live with myself if I lost the boys again.

"What if normal means the boys have to leave us Kassy? Paul would never let them stay with us after what happened..." I whimpered. Kassy's face hardened for a moment as she let that thought sink in. After a moment of silence her face softened, her lips forming a thin line.

"We'll take one step at a time Soph. Let's just forget that today and go shopping!" She clapped happily. I gave her a questioning look until she slid a pretty, light blue envelope toward me. Opening it, I saw that it was an invitation to Louis' surprise birthday party tonight. Tonight... tonight was Christmas eve though. I couldn't leave Sam alone with a babysitter on Christmas eve.

"Kas, I can't. Tomorrow's Christmas and I can't leave Sam yet. Not now after what just happened," I stated closing the envelope. Kassy growled scrunching up her nose.

"I Know.. I just don't want you to be alone tonight, that's all," she smiled softly.

"Thanks, but I have Sam and that's all I need," I smiled hugging her.

"Alright well I'll go get ready on my own," Kassy smiled. Hopping off her stool, she skipped to her room. I finished off my mug and turned to the Christmas tree. Green and red lights wrapped diagonally around the tree with small colorful ornaments scattered around the front. I still need to get gifts! I looked around the counter for my list. Grabbing it I walked to Kassy's room catcher her in her undergarments. 

"Uh can you watch Sam for a bit? I need to go Christmas shopping," I smiled looking anywhere else. You'd think after all these years I'd be used to it, but I still feel awkward seeing her in anything other than her clothes.

"Sure, don't be long though. I still need to get my dress too," she smiled. My eyes lit up as I figured out what to get her.

"Of course," I smiled before running out the door with my long, white coat. The snow was built beautifully around my home, the sun shining brightly. Getting into the car, I quickly jumped into the drivers' seat and turned on the heater. Waiting for it to warm up, I checked my phone. I had a few missed calls from Louis, Harry, and Nick's mother. I decided to call Harry back first since he probably needed help gift shopping for Kassy.

"Hello?" his voice cracked. He must've just woken up.

"Hey Harry, what do you need?"

"Oh! Hey Soph, I need some help."He seemed embarrassed lowering his voice.

"With?"

"Picking out something for Kas. Do you know what she likes?" He asked desperately.

Thinking for a moment, I said, "Why don't you come with me Christmas shopping? I was about to go right now anyways." I offered happily.

"Sure! Meet me here in fifteen," he state before hanging up. Turning on the ignition, I sped off to Harry's place.

Louis' POV

"Hey Boobear! I need help with my outfit," I yelled down the stairs. Tonight the boys and I were going out to celebrate my birthday, but they wouldn't tell me where. Casual, but formal is all they said. What does that even mean? How can you be casual but formal too? Who invented this!?

"What do you have in mind," Harry mumbled as he brushed his teeth. He had faded blue demin on with a red hoodie on.

"Where are you going?" I questioned.

"With Soph. We're going Christmas shopping," He smiled. My blood boiled at the thought of them being together. I had called her several times today and she only answered to Harry? I felt my cheek heat up as I stormed past Harry.

"What's going on mate?" he called after me. Grabbing my coat I walked out the door, ignoring him. I can't believe him! Seriously? Why is he still going after Soph!? He has Kas. Isn't she enough. Walking down the drive-way Soph pulled in. Great.

"Hey Lou, where are you going?" She smiled walking toward me. I stopped in front of her unsure of what I was doing.

"Why didn't you call me back?" I asked as calmly as possible. She rose her eye brow trying to figure out what was going on.

"Well I was coming for Harry and thought I'd run into you here instead. Is something wrong?" She asked trying to grab my hand. Taking us both by surprise, I pulled away from her harshly.

"Just leave me alone," I lowered my voice. Turning my head from her I walked away from her. What are you doing Lou?

"What the hell Louis?" She yelled after me. Shaking my head I hurried along the icy sidewalk unsure of where I was going. I just needed to think.

Sophia's POV

I stood there trembling, not understanding the situation. Long puffs of air dissolved into my skin as I turned around. Harry's expression was unreadable.

"What's his problem?" I asked almost angrily. I didn't understand. Why was Louis being so off?

"To be honest I'm not really sure," Harry said rubbing the back of his neck. Shaking my head, I decided to let it go.

"Let's just go," I sighed walking back to my car. I waited in the driver's side as Harry hurried into the passengers seat. We drove to the mall in silence trying to figure out what happened with Louis.

"Are you going tonight?" Harry asked looking outside the window.

"No, I can't leave Sam alone tonight Har," I sighed turning into the mall parking lot. Of course, the mall was packed. It would be forever until I got out.

"I see, well are you going to get him anything?" He asked curiously. To be honest, I hadn't really thought about it.

"Yeah, I'll have to look around though," I smiled walking toward the toy store. Rows upon rows were filled to extraordinary heights with toys. This was going to take forever. I pulled out my list looking through it thoroughly. This is what I needed for Sam:a batman play-set, a new blue bike, and a few books to get him ready for school. I put the list away and walked toward the bikes first.

"Which one do you think Sam would like?" I asked Harry. His eyes scanned the many small bikes trying to figure out which one.

"That one," Harry said pointing to a small black bike with blue lightening bolts trailing down it. Smiling, I pulled it out of its hole and handed it to Harry.

"Okay hold that while I go look for a batman play-set," I said hurrying off toward the superhero section. Looking down the isle I saw one batman play-set yet. I ran toward it hoping to get it first, but two hands grabbed it along with me. I looked over to see and elder lady stare coldly at me trying to pull it out of my grasp.

"Sorry, but I need this for my son," I said quickly before pulling it out of her grasp and running away with it. She cursed me angrily as I ran out of her sight. I stopped in front of Harry, kneeling down trying to catch my breath.

"What happened?" He chuckled.

"Just fought an old lady," I laughed pulling him toward the cashier.

"You evil child!" Harry dramatically gasped. Punching him, we began laughing. I turned to see the old lady sticking her tongue at me causing us to continue laughing. After paying for our things, we headed to the book store.

"So what do you think Kas would like?" Harry asked as we looked carefully though the children's section of books.

"I was thinking you could get her a necklace. I was going to get her a dress for tonight so maybe you can get her a matching necklace," I smiled proudly. His eyes lit up at the idea.

"Perfect!" He smiled. I pulled out a few books, unsure of what I grabbed, and walked toward the cashier. The Blondie girl packed our books quickly, not saying a word.

"Have a nice day and Merry Christmas!" She called out as we walked away. The stores were being infested with hundreds of people I thought I was about to faint. We hurried along the isles and walked into a dress store. Surprisingly, not many people had the time to be in this store. I looked thoroughly though the dresses, trying to find one I knew Kassy would like.

"How about this one?" Harry asked holding out a hot pink dress.

"She hates pink," I giggled. I pulled out a blue dress holding it out.

"Oh! I like that one," harry gasped walking toward me. I held it out, examining its fabric. It was a strapless blue dress that stopped a few inches above the knees. A black ribbon tied around the torso with a big blue rose under the left rib. A light blue ribbon was at the top, pulling the dress together.

"Me too," I smiled grabbing it. We walked to the cashier and handed the dress to a young blue-eyed boy.

"Hold on a second," Harry stated before jogging off to the jewelry section. When he came back he placed a silver chained necklace on the counter. It had a blue heart that was outlined with tiny diamonds.

"Perfect," I smiled excitedly. We waited for our bags then ran downstairs to the jewelry store.

"What are you going to get here?" Harry asked looking at all the necklaces and bracelets.

"I wanted to get Louis a necklace," I shrugged looking through the jewelry. I pulled out a few musical notes, but none of them captured my attention.

"Hello miss, may I help you?" A young voice asked. I looked up to see a girl in a black suit smiling graciously at me.

"Can I get one of these engraved?" I asked pointing to a blank silver guitar pick. She pulled it out and examined it for a moment.

"What would you like on it?" She asked handing it to a Blonde woman. I thought for a second before a quote came across my thoughts.

"'When words fail, music speaks.' is the quote I want," I said writing it down on a piece of paper. Nodding she handed it to the woman before she disappeared behind a door.

"Is it for a boyfriend?" Krystin, the young girl, asked. My cheeks heat up at the thought of calling him my boyfriend.

"Kind of," I sighed remembering what happened earlier today. I walked away from the counter and outside. I pulled out my phone and dialed Louis' number. I grew anxious with every beep, but I got sent straight to voice mail. Putting my phone away I dragged myself back into the shop.

"Are you okay?" Harry asked placing his hand gently on my shoulder. I lied my head on his shoulder, hiding my face in the crook of his neck.

"I don't understand what got him so mad," I muffled into his sweater. He rubbed my back gently.

"Don't worry Soph, he's just a little worried that's all," Harry whispered into my hair. I pulled away looking him in the eye.

"Why is he worried?" I asked curiously.

"He called management about the contract. He didn't tell you?" Harry asked surprised. I shook my head realizing the consequences Louis would have to face if management let him go against the contract. He'd have to leave the group, be hated by all his fans, and have to live with it for the rest of his life. I banged my head against his chest, feeling stupid.

"Why did he do that? He could get into serious trouble," I said angrily.

"Don't worry about it Sophia. Louis knows what he is doing and he's doing it for you," He smiled kissing my forehead.

"Your order is ready!" Krystin called. I walked over to her grabbing a black leather box from her hands.

"Thank you," I smiled handing her the money. Harry and I hurried to my car with our bags and tried dodging the crowd.

"Man, people are crazy during the holidays," I said trying to straighten my hair out. We placed the bags in the trunk and headed back to Harry's house. We went inside and saw that Louis was still not back.

"Can you call me back when Louis back?" I asked.

"Sure thing," Harry smiled looking around for wrapping paper. Saying good-bye, I headed back home. I snuck inside and stored the bags in my closet. Sam was in Kassy's room watching her pick out stuff.

"I have nothing to wear," she whined throwing her clothes on her floor. Giggling I grabbed a black bag and brought it to her room.

"I Thought you'd need a dress, so Merry Christmas," I smiled handing her the bag. She opened it quickly, pulling out the beautiful blue dress. She screamed, joyfully tackling me onto her bed.

"Thank you! Thank you! Oh my god I love it!" She yelled ecstatically. Sam, confused, began clapping and yelling too.

"Go and put it on! I want to see it on you," I smiled pushing her toward her bathroom. As Sam and I waited we play fought with his action figures.

"Mummy when is Santa coming?" He asked wide-eyed.

"When you're sleeping!" I laughed tickling him. He laughed aloud as I nibbled on his tiny fingers.

"Okay, how does it look?" Kas asked. I turned to see Kas looking stunning.

"You look gorgeous Kas! I can't wait until Harry sees you in it," I winked to her teasingly. Her cheeks turned a deep red as she giggled nervously.

"Well you have a few hours to get ready, keep Sam busy though. I need to w-r-a-p," I hinted to her. She nodded her head getting the idea.

"C'mon Sam you can help me with my make-up," Kas smiled pulling Sam into the bathroom. I'm starting to think it isn't healthy for Sam to be living with two grown women. Sighing, I walked to my room and began the long process of wrapping gifts. Merry Christmas to me.

Louis' POV

I walked around the jewelry store, carefully examining each of the necklaces. I didn't understand what got me so upset before, but shopping for Soph was getting my mind off of it. I pulled out her necklace and tried figure out what I could do to make it better. I pulled out a new picture of Soph and I that we took when I had just returned. We both looked awkward, but it was the only picture I had of the new 'us'.

"Can I help you sir?" An Englishman asked. He was dressed formally in a black suit and tie.

"Could you engrave the back of this for me?" I asked handing him the necklace. "And also fit this picture on the left side," I said giving him the picture too. He scrutinized the charm and picture.

"Alright just wait a few minutes and we'll have this fixed up for you. What is the inscription you want on the charm?" He asked. I unfolded a piece of paper and handed it to him. Smiling, he took the paper and the charm to the back room. I waited outside and played on my phone. Soph hadn't called me yet. Maybe she isn't even worried... I checked through my messages and saw I had a missed call from Harry. Rolling my eyes, I called him back.

"What Harry?" I said a bit too harshly.

"You're still coming tonight right?" Harry asked desperately.

"Well yeah... but I'll meet you there."

"Okay good. Bye boobear," he said sweetly. Damn him. I could never stay mad at that curly-haired boy. Hanging up the phone I walked back to the counter and looked at some rings that were glistening brightly in the light.

"Are you proposing too?" The man asked holding a blue box.

"No," I chuckled nervously. He handed me the box and I opened it to make sure it looked good. To be honest, it came out better than I expected. I handed the clerk my card. After ringing me up, I left the store and headed to my car. I looked down at my and realized I had about a half hour before dinner. Sighing, I started the ignition and sped away toward Nandos. Smiling, I realized I was going to see Soph and hopefully get the chance to apologize to her. I pulled up to Nandos to see the parking lot vacant. Questioningly, I walked toward the darkened building. I pulled on the door, and surprisingly it was open. I walked in, and found myself standing in an empty restaurant.

"SURPRISE!" Voices screamed loudly. Lights turned on and I saw all of my friends and family standing in front of me. I wasn't sure what to feel, but I surely was happy. I ran toward the boys, almost tackling them to the floor.

"Thanks guys! I really love it!" I said ecstatically. I walked over to my mom and sisters, hugging each one of them.

"Happy birthday Louis," my mum said into the crook of my neck.

"Thanks Mum, I love you," I smiled kissing her forehead. Looking around I realized Soph and Sam were missing. Disappointed, I walked over to Kassy and Harry.

"Hey Kas where's Soph?" I questioned.

"She stayed home with Sam. She really wasn't ready to come out, you know, after the accident," Kas frowned. Nodding, I understood Soph's reason. Masking a smile on my face, I greeted everyone else who was there. I looked through my phone often, hoping I had a message or missed call from Soph, but nothing. I dragged myself to the bar and ordered a beer. I drank it slowly as I watched everyone happily dancing together. What a great birthday this turned out to be... not.

"What's wrong mate?" Niall asked taking a seat beside me. He ordered a beer for himself before turning to look at the same view.

"Sophia isn't here and I was hoping to give her something," I sighed rubbing my head.

"Then go to her. No one will really notice anyways since most of the party is tipsy," he pointed out. I looked around to see Harry awkwardly dancing with a laughing Kassy.

"Thanks mate," I smiled patting him on the back. I pushed myself through the crowd and left the restaurant. Instead of getting in my car, I decided to walk/jog to her place instead thinking it would be a lot faster.

Sophia's POV

Sam and I lied together on the couch watching Santa Clause. The fireplace warmed the house, and the tree twinkled beside it. I held Sam closely to my chest, petting his hair to the side. DING DONG. Checking my watch I saw that it was already eleven forty.

"Who is it?" I called out walking toward the door. Opening it, a tired and cold looking Louis was standing behind it. "Louis? What are you doing here?" I asked unsure. Didn't he have a party he was supposed to be at?

"You weren't at the party so I wanted to come here instead," Louis said rubbing the back of his neck. Before he turned into an icicle, I let him into the house. Sam sat up smiling.

"Lew!" He yelled running toward him. Louis opened up his arms, holding Sam in his left arm.

"I'm not really sure what's going on right now Louis," I admitted. He wasn't making it clear whether he wanted to be with me or not.

"Okay here it is," He placed Sam back on the floor and faced me. "Soph I love you, no I'm in love with you. I've always been in love with you. Ever since the first day we met I've felt a special bond with you that seemed unbreakable. What I did to you before I left... it wasn't me. It was me, but it wasn't my words. Remember management? It was because of the contract, but I've regretted it since the day I left. Hurting you was the worst thing I had ever done and I had promised myself I wouldn't let myself do it again if I got the chance to see you again. And by chance we did meet again. When I saw you again after five years, all the emotions and feelings came back making me realize I had lost the best thing I had ever had. Soph I love you and only you. I would give up anything to be with you again, even my career. So all I really want to know is... do you love me too?"

So many emotions flooded through my heart, but I knew one thing. I did love him. I always loved him. He was my best friend and after everything, he was still the one person to comfort me.

"Louis I...I love you too," I said pulling him into a hug. I felt his arms wrap strongly around my torso, holding me closer to his chest. I could feel his heart beat quicken as he pulled my chin up. My eyes locked with his deep blue ones. He inched his lips from mine, brushing them softly before planting a passionate kiss. Our lips danced together, forming perfect sync. I felt butterflies violently rush through my stomach as I grasped his neck. His hands trailed down my side, pulling me closer.

"Ewww," Sam said. I pulled away to see Sam covering his eyes. Laughing, Louis and I walked over to Sam, tickling his little body. Sam violently kicked as he laughed aloud. Pulling away, I looked at the clock and saw it was almost twelve.

"Time for gifts!" I announced walked toward the tree.

"Yay!" Both the boys clapped. Giggling, I took a seat next the the fire place, waiting for Louis to sit beside me. Sam ran toward the gifts and opened the first one he saw. His eyes widened when he saw the huge batman play-set.

"Dis is coo mummy!" He said happily. He walked over to me, wrapping his arms around my neck. "Tank you mummy," He said before walking back to the tree.

"You're welcome sweetie. Oh! Louis I almost forgot," I pulled out the black leather box and handed it to him. Curiously, he opened it and pulled out the necklace.

"It's fantastic! Thank you Soph," He smiled slipping it over his head. He reached into his pocket and handed me a blue box. Analytically, I opened the box to an extraordinary sight. It was the necklace Louis had given me before prom.

"You still kept this?" I asked opening it up. On the left was our picture from prom and on the right there was a newer picture of us. I chuckled at our awkward expressions.

"Yeah, I was hoping to give it back to you one day," he chuckled nervously. "Turn it over." he stated. Turning it over I saw our initials engraved on it with a heart in between. Tears welded up in my eyes as I put it on.

"I love it Lou, thank you so much," I smiled kissing his lips softly.

"Merry Chrimas!" Sam yelled happily. He jumped into my lap kissing my cheek.

"Merry Christmas Hun! Merry Christmas Louis," I smiled snuggling into his chest.

"Merry Christmas Soph."

Oh my god. One chapter left. .-. This has been like my life for the past seven months xD <3 well hope you enjoyed the chapter :D comment/vote etc.! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.6K 160 26
Sixteen year old Jeniffer Page moved to London to live with her Father. Her parents got into a divorse when she was 6. Her father works on X-factor a...
167 0 14
Louis and Harry have been best mates since they were 8 years old, as time grew so did their friendship and the feelings behind it. Harry soon realizi...
339K 10.3K 9
Louis and Harry grew up together, and were best friends even in their earliest memories. They are 12 years old when Louis has to move to Australia, a...
39.5K 2.5K 12
So @franzixidfc contacted me and asked if I couldn't write a book on her idea and this is the result. I tried to follow the basic storyline and added...