CEO or MAFIA ?

By haileyolsen20

WARNING: DO. NOT. EVER. WITNESS. A. MURDER. Because it can just turn your beautiful life upside down. ... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE
CHARACTER AESTHETIC
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59
CHAPTER 60
CHAPTER 61
CHAPTER 62
CHAPTER 63
CHAPTER 64
CHAPTER 65
CHAPTER 66
CHAPTER 67
CHAPTER 68
CHAPTER 69
CHAPTER 70
CHAPTER 71
CHAPTER 72
CHAPTER 73
CHAPTER 74
CHAPTER 75
CHAPTER 76
CHAPTER 77
CHAPTER 78
CHAPTER 79
CHAPTER 80
CHAPTER 81
CHAPTER 82
CHAPTER 83
CHAPTER 84
CHAPTER 85
CHAPTER 86
CHAPTER 87
CHAPTER 88
CHAPTER 89
CHAPTER 90
CHAPTER 91
CHAPTER 92
CHAPTER 93
CHAPTER 94
CHAPTER 96
CHAPTER 97
CHAPTER 98
CHAPTER 99
CHAPTER 100
CHAPTER 101
CHAPTER 102
EPILOGUE

CHAPTER 95

2.4K 94 76
By haileyolsen20

N     A     O     M     I

The table was set with dinner. Steve was sitting across me, and the air was thick with tension.

Thank God I succeeded in putting Hayden into sleep again.

"So you're married!" Steve asked with a smile, but it was not like those smiles that he used to give me previously.

"Yes!" I nodded, averting my gaze onto my lap.

"So you have parted ways but didn't get a divorce." Steve stated as my head snapped instantly at him.

"How do you know?" I asked in disbelief.

He clicked his tongue before a subtle smirk took over his lips. 

"Your wedding band around your neck.." he replied nonchalantly with a shrug.

I clutched my ring as it was displayed. I usually cover it up, but today, I just didn't think about it. I took a deep breath, feeling anxious.

"Before you tell me anything about your feelings, I just want you to know -" I was cut short by him immediately.

I'm glad he did cut me off because I was just blurting things out of nervousness.

"So you know how I feel about you." He smiled, and I was tongue tied.

I usually tend to blurt things out when I'm nervous.  

"Um.." I was flustered as my face reddened.
"I.. I.." My breath hitched as he stood up and walked towards me before kneeling down in front of me.

He kept his hand on top of mine. I wanted to pull my hand off, but his hold was firm.
"I liked you very much, but I didn't recognize when my like turned into love. I don't have a problem with you having a son or about your past. Whatever the is reason behind your separation -" he was interrupted as I abruptly pulled my hand from his hold.

"Don't say anything more. It will only hurt you in the end." I said in haste.

"Why? Are you still in love with your ex-husband?" He asked with a tender look in his eyes.

"He's not my ex!" I blurted, and instantly, my eyes widened.

"So you are still in love with him." He heaved a sigh before passing me a brief smile.  

"I mean... no...it's not..-" I was cut off.

"You don't have to explain!" He breathed with a smile.
"I'll wait for you.." he paused and looked intensely into my eyes.
"... however long it takes."

"But I don't want you to wait.. you should just move on." I whispered, placing my hand on his shoulder.  

"I know you still love him..." he passed me a sad smile and took my hand from his shoulder before giving me a gentle squeeze and clasping it between his palms.
"...but the fact that you still love him can not make me stop loving you." He whispered softly.

I want this end soon... I just can't take it in.

I don't wanna hurt Steve.

He has done so much for me and I..

"So.." he spoke up.
".. I know, he's your first, and I intend to be your last." He nodded genuinely.
"I'll wait for you.... however long it takes."

"What if your wait is never-ending?" I asked genuinely.
"Life is not eternal, Steve. So stop wasting it on me... you should.. you should just move on..." I said with tears forming in the back of my eyes.
"It's better that way."

Please understand me, Steve..

I don't wanna hurt you..

"If that's the case, let's see how it ends." He smiled.
"I understand. It's not easy for you. To fall in love again, but.." his voice cracked as he left my hand and stood up before turning around.

"Steve.." I whispered as I stood up too.

Steve turned around and sniffled with a smile.
"I'm fine..." he paused with a nod.
"I understand and care about your feelings."

"Thank you, Steve." I passed him a small smile before whispering.

"I have one more thing to tell you." I said as seriousness took over me.

"Hmm?"

"I'm leaving for Hawaii tomorrow." He was taken aback by my words as he blinked in confusion, but suddenly something struck him.

"Is there where your husband lives?" He asked in disbelief.

I nodded reluctantly.
"But I'm not going to meet him... I'm just going there for another purpose." I quickly added.

"Have you informed the chief?" He asked but avoided asking me any of my personal questions

"Yes!" I nodded.

"For how many days?" He asked.

"Only for two days." I said.

He smiled and sat across me.
"Let's have dinner, shall we?"

I nodded with a smile.

I'm grateful to have a friend like Steve, who understands me.

.............

We were in the airport, ready to get ourselves in Hawaii. I smiled at Steve, who was smiling back at me. Steve arrived in the morning to drive Hayden and me to the airport. I refused, but he insisted on giving us a lift.

"Have a safe journey!" He said with a smile and kneeled down in front of Hayden.
"And you too, young man!" Steve tickled his tummy as he giggled.

Then Steve pushed his hand into his pocket and pulled out a rectangular, colorful poppet and a big chocolate bar.
"If you get scared inside the plane, just pop these out and eat the chocolate. You'll feel better." Steve ruffled his hair before passing him the poppet and the chocolate.

Hayden nodded happily and already started popping the poppet.

Steve stood up and faced me.

"It wasn't required.. " I was cut off as Steve held his palm out, stopping me abruptly.

"This was nothing!" He said.
"I want to spoil him with many of these things."

I chuckled in response,
"I'll not let you spoil him."

"Let's see." He grinned.

"I'll miss you." He said as the air thickened in uneasiness as slowly my smile vanished.
"And Hayden, too." He added reluctantly as I passed him a small smile.
"However, it's just a matter of two days." He said, and right then, I got the announcement of my aboarding plane.

"It's time to go." I stated and caught Hayden's hand.

"See you soon." He smiled as I smiled back and nodded.

I hope everything's going to be fine.

Taking a deep sharp breath, I spun around and started walking along with Hayden.

Everything will be fine.

I'll just visit Nadia's grave and come back without any encounters.

It will be fine..

_____________________

The next chapter is in Harold's pov.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.7K 783 40
[COMPLETED] [EDITED] He smirked and got even closer to my face, "you see, this report is technically under my..." He tilted his head slightly to whi...
Ha. By kookykim_

Teen Fiction

101K 2.1K 42
"Did your leader send you? Is he too much of a wimp to face me?!" She seethe, we make eye contact and her pupils dilate. "He? The leader's all fem...
4.3K 2.3K 26
Charles Everett a well known CEO. Who's a billionaire and cares about none.A Powerful business tycoon.The man whose eyes scream danger. His sharp gre...
722K 20.1K 40
***** My words were cut off and I was suddenly backed up into a wall, facing a very angry Logan. He looked me down in fury, making my size shrink eve...